Be real Sony and stop lying to us about the PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by greensand24 (457 posts) -

@SolidTy:

Thank you for those lovely words. You should be a poet but sadly you've mostly wasted people's time.

First of all nobody is disputing that the PS4 can't do 1080p (although shit I dunno with all the lying Sony does); the issue is that they touted KZSF doing 1080@60; Its as simple as that. All you did was give people lip service in an attempt to save Sonys face. If this were Microsoft you wouldn't be spitting out half of the nonsense you fed us in this thread. Stealth Cow confirmed.

#52 Edited by kuu2 (10321 posts) -

Lots of spinning in this thread, Cows are just so sad.

#53 Edited by NFJSupreme (6504 posts) -

Consoles are not performance machines. Never have and never will be. 30fps will always be the target for most console games. 1080p+ and 60fps+ will always be the realm of PC. If you want this then build yourself a gaming rig and stop relying on Sony or ms to do it because they will go with the bare minimum every time.

#54 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -

@kuu2: that too, but let's not kid ourselves... These corporations are out to make their product shine while simultaneously cast doubt in consumers minds about the competition whenever they can. Not saying it's right, but it's how the beast communicates.

What I find funny is when folks paint them as friendly do gooders kissing babies and curing cancer. :D

#55 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@TheEroica: Or don't say anything instead of telling a outright lie.

then why do you keep posting

#56 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Lots of spinning in this thread, Cows are just so sad.

Becasue MS never ever lied about anything, both sides are dirty no matter how you try to spin it you can't deny it.

#57 Posted by ermacness (7669 posts) -

I can surely understand the distrust for GG after this news, but for Sony???!?!!! Even though GG is a 1st party company under Sony, people have to realize that the PR of Sony wasn't behind GG devs back when they was developing SF. When GG stated that SF MP runs in t080p natively, Sony's PR didn't pull out equipment to SF resolution to see if GG's statement held true, they took their word for it. So, with this said, I can clearly understand the distrust against GG, but not against Sony behind THIS matter.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#58 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:

@2mrw: Ouch!!! Sony still doing a lot of lying. i wonder if ALL those other games are REALLY 1080P native or NOT?

How did DF miss this for KZ:SF? LOL!! Was DF paid off by Sony not to tell everyone the game was really 1080i.

I really could care less. The fact that Sony was once again caught in a lie and what i care about. What else did they lie about?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you care very very much.

Gotta admit, I lol'd pretty hard.

#59 Edited by CroidX (1555 posts) -

Why does it even matter anyways its been out for a while and it flopped here.

The End

#60 Posted by T-razor1 (1162 posts) -

#61 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

Ps4 sure can do 1080p/60fps and so can Xboner and even the WiiU... it all come down to if developers want sacrifice other things to achive it...

#62 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

Wow, that is really good to know. Thanks!

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
#63 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (255 posts) -

Really this should come as no surprise to anyone. Sony has a loooooong track record of flat out lying and making faults claims.

#64 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Sony lied to people's faces last gen and cows insisted that Sony has changed. The truth is Sony is desperate and at this point and must do anything to save the business. Lying is the easiest thing they can do to make $$$$.

#65 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@blackace: damn good link you posted. I think every cow should be forced to read it.

#66 Posted by gago-gago (12016 posts) -

Sony be selling wolf tickets.

#67 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (1514 posts) -

The PS4 and XBO are not impressive in a technical sense. They are both going to have to make compromises this generation.

The fact is that both of their compute processors are mobile in nature. While they are efficient, they are not powerful.

If you are looking for a platform that doesn't have to make these kinds of compromises, get a pc. Plain. Simple.

Both companies are going to push any advantage to get sales. Your beloved Microsoft does this as well OP. You thinking that they are more honest shows your bias is clouding your judgment.

#68 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

Your first sentence in your thread completely makes this thread pointless.

#69 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

It must really suck to see a PS4 game utterly trashing Ryse at full 1080p. Nice thread, though.

/thread

TLHBO. Better luck next gen lems.

#70 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

Man Lemmings are in full on DC mode, damn....

#71 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@greensand24 said:

@SolidTy:

Thank you for those lovely words. You should be a poet but sadly you've mostly wasted people's time.

Ooh, I made you angry, eh? I'm not sure I should respond to a knownlemmingtroll (3 links we both posted in) but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I've seen posts of user after user calling you names, usually starting with Troll and ending with Lemming this and that. I don't quote you though, I just let your fanboyism do whatever it is that helps you through the day. It's therapeutic to post for some.

There is literally a KZ RESOLUTION thread in SW here. This is not the same thread, this is a more general thread. I would agree with you if this was the KZ thread, but it's not. So, it's not as simple as you think and you missed my POINT entirely. Heck, I think the blame should rest in Guerrilla Games if they dropped the ball or lied or what have you. That's why I follow developers. It seems to be Sony just took GG's word for it, but certainly whoever said what is to blame. This isn't a thread with that message though. I feel GG dropped the ball mostly though in the game itself, but enough about KZ. That's an old topic and one better suited in the actual KZ resolution thread.

I already covered my opinion of the KZ game briefly here (and many times over the months), and that is I don't care. I only commented on the OP's lack of understanding and his grasping on tech buzzwords like resolution and frame rates. There is a lot more to game development than those two measly variables. If this thread was entitled KZ and that shenanigans, I would have not commented or specifically talked only about that. The thread is more generalized than that though and is about PR in general. Both companies utilize PR, but this thread is specifically about a user not liking Sony's PR efforts. I can understand that, but when it came to brass tacks, it turns out he misunderstands the tech that powers the machines and he assumes a lot about the future of Xbone and PS4 gaming.

My goodness. I'll go ahead and educate you here, as I find it gratifying knowing that anytime one such as yourself relies on the ad hominem fallacy as their approach to debate, they have already thrown in the towel and accepted defeat. I thank you for that compliment, not the words, but your reactions and stance. I still remember your other thread, "So what happens when XOne COD Ghosts ends up looking better than PS4 COD Ghosts?" Boy, good prediction there, champ in your created thread. You really were pulling for your fave company then in power, but it didn't work out. I commented though, and in that thread I educated you about Call of Duty was going to be Cross Generational garbage not taking advantage of either the Xbone or PS4 hardware as Activision will be using the same last gen quake engine. It's been a long time and Ghosts has since released but of course, I was right. Game was a disappointment and it was made for PS360. Hell, it even had atrocious scores across the gaming sites (68/100 at Metacritic, for a series that used to be 90+ at metacritic), COD's reputation took a huge blow.

I then commented on COD being crap anyways due to IW's destruction. It wasn't known then in that thread, but Xbone has Respawn's (ex-IW's) TitanFall, so that's a win. You aren't even a stealthily doing anything, you keep on going FULL ON FANBOY. When you assign labels, you get a label yourself. When you troll, you risk having respectable members like me not comment to your posts.

BTW, the words I said today in my first post regarding resolution and framerates I've said over the years about Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, Wii, and PS3. It's the same point. Devs decide on their games, not the console manufacturers. That is the same thing I said for the 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, et cetera. All I can say is this PR is NEVER going to end for FORD or Nissan or Xbox or Playstation or whatever. We people have to read between the lines or become robotic zombies.

*gasp*

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
#72 Posted by Ravenlore_basic (4269 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

It's a developers/publishers choice on what frame rate and resolution a game lands on, no matter the hardware there will always be choices on available resources, especially consoles which are static hardware. It's going to be like this with the PS5, Xbox 4, Wii Ux2, PS6, Xbox 5, PS7, PS8, PS9, et cetera.

Frames per second and Resolutions are just the tip of the iceberg for devs as they have to consider physics, AI, art assets, textures, size of the level, et cetera. There will always be restrictions to deal with, even with PC games. You can only create what the hardware or graphics card allows. If you prioritize 1080p and 60fps, it's only going to remove other aspects of the game you are designing. Juggling frame rates and resolutions is going to be an issue with the PS5, Xbox 4, Wii Ux2, PS6, Xbox 5, PS7, PS8, PS9, et cetera. There are a lot of pieces to a game's creation and you looking at two tiny pieces of a huge puzzle will only confuse you.

Devs have a tough job juggling FINITE RESOURCES because a Game is more than simply "FPS" and "Resolutions".The PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, and more could do 1080p and 60fps. You probably wouldn't like the game, but it could be done if that was the only goal. Some Pong type game, perhaps.

With regards to juggling limited resources, this was true every gaming generation and I spoke of this subject multiple times over the years since 2005 here in SW. The developers decide on how they are going to juggle their resources and we either get a great game or not. The issue is more about buying a $250 machine, a $400 machine, or a $500 machine and judging performance between those three machines. To be honest, it looks to be the console graphics race is between the $400/$500 machines. Neither machine will be able to do 1080p/60fps for every game, especially when the really ambitious developers and games start releasing and start pushing the consoles hard, but the PS4 will offer developers more juice than the competition.

Just be content when we get a cross-generational PS360 game unscaled on the new machines if all you care about is resolutions and frame-rates.

---

Let this be a lesson to stop reading PR and marketing like it was written by Jebus H. Christ himself. You also seem to be confusing people's arguments and fan-boy bickering with what companies actually stated. Sony in particular said their machine can do 1080p, and it can. It doesn't mean you should expect it. Same for Xbone, Wii U, etc. The machines can do 1080p/60fps, hell the PS360 could do that. It's up to the developers vision of their game. Nintendo, Xbox, and Playstation are game machines/companies, the other 3rd party developers decide on their game's specifics.

This is the truth. Sad that people only look at visuals...ITS clear that not much has changed when playing games. Yes the visuals are a little better but the games are the same. It would be a better resource to focus on AI instead, or environment that is interactive physically. 1080 or 720... even at 480 stable 40fps with great AI I would take that better than 1080 60fps!!

#73 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@Ravenlore_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

It's a developers/publishers choice on what frame rate and resolution a game lands on, no matter the hardware there will always be choices on available resources, especially consoles which are static hardware. It's going to be like this with the PS5, Xbox 4, Wii Ux2, PS6, Xbox 5, PS7, PS8, PS9, et cetera.

Frames per second and Resolutions are just the tip of the iceberg for devs as they have to consider physics, AI, art assets, textures, size of the level, et cetera. There will always be restrictions to deal with, even with PC games. You can only create what the hardware or graphics card allows. If you prioritize 1080p and 60fps, it's only going to remove other aspects of the game you are designing. Juggling frame rates and resolutions is going to be an issue with the PS5, Xbox 4, Wii Ux2, PS6, Xbox 5, PS7, PS8, PS9, et cetera. There are a lot of pieces to a game's creation and you looking at two tiny pieces of a huge puzzle will only confuse you.

Devs have a tough job juggling FINITE RESOURCES because a Game is more than simply "FPS" and "Resolutions".The PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, and more could do 1080p and 60fps. You probably wouldn't like the game, but it could be done if that was the only goal. Some Pong type game, perhaps.

With regards to juggling limited resources, this was true every gaming generation and I spoke of this subject multiple times over the years since 2005 here in SW. The developers decide on how they are going to juggle their resources and we either get a great game or not. The issue is more about buying a $250 machine, a $400 machine, or a $500 machine and judging performance between those three machines. To be honest, it looks to be the console graphics race is between the $400/$500 machines. Neither machine will be able to do 1080p/60fps for every game, especially when the really ambitious developers and games start releasing and start pushing the consoles hard, but the PS4 will offer developers more juice than the competition.

Just be content when we get a cross-generational PS360 game unscaled on the new machines if all you care about is resolutions and frame-rates.

---

Let this be a lesson to stop reading PR and marketing like it was written by Jebus H. Christ himself. You also seem to be confusing people's arguments and fan-boy bickering with what companies actually stated. Sony in particular said their machine can do 1080p, and it can. It doesn't mean you should expect it. Same for Xbone, Wii U, etc. The machines can do 1080p/60fps, hell the PS360 could do that. It's up to the developers vision of their game. Nintendo, Xbox, and Playstation are game machines/companies, the other 3rd party developers decide on their game's specifics.

This is the truth. Sad that people only look at visuals...ITS clear that not much has changed when playing games. Yes the visuals are a little better but the games are the same. It would be a better resource to focus on AI instead, or environment that is interactive physically. 1080 or 720... even at 480 stable 40fps with great AI I would take that better than 1080 60fps!!

Thank you. I feared another troll post, but you read my post and gave an intelligent response. That's all I ask. :)

Developers I think tend to agree, and as the Xbone/PS4 generation goes on, we will see more lower resolutions and frame rates, but the games will more than make up for it with visuals and game-play in other areas. I imagine once the publishers finally say bye-bye to PS360 cross generational development, which could be two years away. I am looking forward to playing games that don't feel like gussied up PS360 games.

#74 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

What do you expect from a company whose slogan is "Make.Believe"?

It's company policy to lie.

#75 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

bbbbbut the clouds lol @ lemmings talking about lies

dat secret sauce

#76 Posted by Scipio8 (927 posts) -

Sony sure have their own definition of 1080p, nothing changes they are lifers and always will be.

#77 Edited by remiks00 (3794 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@greensand24 said:

@SolidTy:

Ooh, I made you angry, eh? I'm not sure I should respond to a knownlemmingtroll (3 links we both posted in) but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I've seen posts of user after user calling you names, usually starting with Troll and ending with Lemming this and that. I don't quote you though, I just let your fanboyism do whatever it is that helps you through the day. It's therapeutic to post for some.

There is literally a KZ RESOLUTION thread in SW here. This is not the same thread, this is a more general thread. I would agree with you if this was the KZ thread, but it's not. So, it's not as simple as you think and you missed my POINT entirely. Heck, I think the blame should rest in Guerrilla Games if they dropped the ball or lied or what have you. That's why I follow developers. It seems to be Sony just took GG's word for it, but certainly whoever said what is to blame. This isn't a thread with that message though. I feel GG dropped the ball mostly though in the game itself, but enough about KZ. That's an old topic and one better suited in the actual KZ resolutio

n thread.

I already covered my opinion of the KZ game briefly here (and many times over the months), and that is I don't care. I only commented on the OP's lack of understanding and his grasping on tech buzzwords like resolution and frame rates. There is a lot more to game development than those two measly variables. If this thread was entitled KZ and that shenanigans, I would have not commented or specifically talked only about that. The thread is more generalized than that though and is about PR in general. Both companies utilize PR, but this thread is specifically about a user not liking Sony's PR efforts. I can understand that, but when it came to brass tacks, it turns out he misunderstands the tech that powers the machines and he assumes a lot about the future of Xbone and PS4 gaming.

My goodness. I'll go ahead and educate you here, as I find it gratifying knowing that anytime one such as yourself relies on the ad hominem fallacy as their approach to debate, they have already thrown in the towel and accepted defeat. I thank you for that compliment, not the words, but your reactions and stance. I still remember your other thread, "So what happens when XOne COD Ghosts ends up looking better than PS4 COD Ghosts?" Boy, good prediction there, champ in your created thread. You really were pulling for your fave company then in power, but it didn't work out. I commented though, and in that thread I educated you about Call of Duty was going to be Cross Generational garbage not taking advantage of either the Xbone or PS4 hardware as Activision will be using the same last gen quake engine. It's been a long time and Ghosts has since released but of course, I was right. Game was a disappointment and it was made for PS360. Hell, it even had atrocious scores across the gaming sites (68/100 at Metacritic, for a series that used to be 90+ at metacritic), COD's reputation took a huge blow.

I then commented on COD being crap anyways due to IW's destruction. It wasn't known then in that thread, but Xbone has Respawn's (ex-IW's) TitanFall, so that's a win. You aren't even a stealthily doing anything, you keep on going FULL ON FANBOY. When you assign labels, you get a label yourself. When you troll, you risk having respectable members like me not comment to your posts.

BTW, the words I said today in my first post regarding resolution and framerates I've said over the years about Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, Wii, and PS3. It's the same point. Devs decide on their games, not the console manufacturers. That is the same thing I said for the 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, et cetera. All I can say is this PR is NEVER going to end for FORD or Nissan or Xbox or Playstation or whatever. We people have to read between the lines or become robotic zombies.

*gasp*

@greensand24
@greensand24

#78 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@SolidTy said:

@greensand24 said:

@SolidTy:

There is literally a KZ RESOLUTION thread in SW here. This is not the same thread, this is a more general thread. I would agree with you if this was the KZ thread, but it's not. So, it's not as simple as you think and you missed my POINT entirely. Heck, I think the blame should rest in Guerrilla Games if they dropped the ball or lied or what have you. That's why I follow developers. It seems to be Sony just took GG's word for it, but certainly whoever said what is to blame. This isn't a thread with that message though. I feel GG dropped the ball mostly though in the game itself, but enough about KZ. That's an old topic and one better suited in the actual KZ resolution thread.

*gasp*

@greensand24
@greensand24

#79 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Forza is the only exclusive to to 1080p and 60 fps. The more powerful system isn't more powerful. That lie is coming out, just sooner than Sony wanted.

Remember when Sony said it will be 2 years before the Quad is fully utilized? That's to keep all you shills at bay for two years while "greatness" is a mythical creation.

Get out now why you can. The lies will only get worse.

#80 Edited by ronvalencia (25417 posts) -

@2mrw said:

It can't do 1080p at stable 60 fps unless it's an indie or a pretty avarage game graphically .

They are pushing that 1080p at 60 fps too much, yet they didn't deliver it in a single title yet. Yeah, the X1 is weaker but at least MS is keeping it real ( they are BS in other stuff like the cloud ) .

With the latest news on KZ multiplayer being 9xx X 1080 at almost 40-50 fps when it was advertised to be 1080 at almost 60 fps, this is a huge blow to them. I don't really know how Sony can explain this. Even the future PS4 titles like Infamous/ Order1886/ DriveClub don't really promise that 1080/60fps.

Things may get better along the road but it's obvious that there will be compromises to be made. For examples the absence of shadows in Infamous:SS ( the game is 1080/30fps ) which is funny because the even the worst PS3 games had them !!

Only disappointments you will get when hyping a weak machine to the skies.

The Order's 1920x800 with MSAA 4X hits a memory bandwidth wall i.e. it's 32 ROP's MSAA processors couldn't operate at a higher level when compared to 7950's MSAA processors from it's 32 ROPS with 240 GB/s memory bandwidth.

AMD's fastest 256bit memory bus example is 7870 XT's 192 GB/s.

#81 Edited by ronvalencia (25417 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

should have gone with 3tflop GPU.. At the end of the day 99% of consumers aren't going to know the difference. No one last gen knew games weren't really HD. No one cared if the frames dipped.. No one this gen is going know that they aren't really 1080p.. Sony managed to make a more powerful console than MS for $100 less so they won that race, but mostly because of price..

If you want to join the master race get yourself an i5 and join TEAM GREEN

That's not the master race since NVIDIA Kepler's cache and memory page size are NOT aligned with Intel X86 standards. AMD GCN's memory handling is based on X86's MMU.

NVIDIA Maxwell is still DX hardware feature 11_0. http://www.asus.com/News/9GvZyBxjnc9UZmsU

"DirectX® 11.2 standard (up to API feature level 11_0)" LOL.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#82 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@greensand24 said:

@SolidTy:

There is literally a KZ RESOLUTION thread in SW here. This is not the same thread, this is a more general thread. I would agree with you if this was the KZ thread, but it's not. So, it's not as simple as you think and you missed my POINT entirely. Heck, I think the blame should rest in Guerrilla Games if they dropped the ball or lied or what have you. That's why I follow developers. It seems to be Sony just took GG's word for it, but certainly whoever said what is to blame. This isn't a thread with that message though. I feel GG dropped the ball mostly though in the game itself, but enough about KZ. That's an old topic and one better suited in the actual KZ resolutio

n thread.

*gasp*

F-A-T-A-L-I-T-Y

Seriously, this should be printed out and stapled to every lemming's head every time they whine about being victimised because the Xbone has crap hardware.

#83 Edited by AzatiS (13971 posts) -

@2mrw said:

It can't do 1080p at stable 60 fps unless it's an indie or a pretty avarage game graphically .

They are pushing that 1080p at 60 fps too much, yet they didn't deliver it in a single title yet. Yeah, the X1 is weaker but at least MS is keeping it real ( they are BS in other stuff like the cloud ) .

With the latest news on KZ multiplayer being 9xx X 1080 at almost 40-50 fps when it was advertised to be 1080 at almost 60 fps, this is a huge blow to them. I don't really know how Sony can explain this. Even the future PS4 titles like Infamous/ Order1886/ DriveClub don't really promise that 1080/60fps.

Things may get better along the road but it's obvious that there will be compromises to be made. For examples the absence of shadows in Infamous:SS ( the game is 1080/30fps ) which is funny because the even the worst PS3 games had them !!

Only disappointments you will get when hyping a weak machine to the skies.

Show me a single Sony statement that they promised 1080p/60fps for all their titles ? A single one ... Therefore they never lied.

Bottom line is , on same games and if developers actually care , PS4 >> X1 graphic wise. And thats another strong reason to buy a PS4 when you know vastly majority of multis will play better on PS4. Period

#84 Posted by RR360DD (13687 posts) -

Kind of sad that all cows are reduced to just talking about 1080p and 60fps. Guess thats what happens when your system has no games.

#85 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162170 posts) -
@RR360DD said:

Kind of sad that all cows are reduced to just talking about 1080p and 60fps. Guess thats what happens when your system has no games.

Seems more the lems are doing that....which is even sadder when you think about it.

#86 Posted by RR360DD (13687 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:
@RR360DD said:

Seems more the lems are doing that....which is even sadder when you think about it.

LOL. Sure

#87 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162170 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@RR360DD said:

LOL. Sure

Who made this thread?

#88 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

1. it's up to the developer of the game what framerate they use and what they want.

2. it isn't lying think of it this way, if the PS4 can start off at 1080p at 60fps with a few dips in frame rate now, what do you think will happen in a year once developers get used to the hardware and optimize it better, I mean consoles get better over time, UI gets better, the system gets better, the drivers get updated, i mean all this is going to push games and all i see is PS4 is doing it now, it's only going to get better.

Xbox One on the other hand is doing less res less frame rates at ok dips on some, so there best bet is a little better than it is now.

not sure why it's lying

#89 Posted by ni6htmare01 (2578 posts) -

LOL you know what Lies are? The Power of the almighty Cloud and the secret sauces. Those a freaking lies lol

#90 Posted by RR360DD (13687 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@RR360DD said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@RR360DD said:

LOL. Sure

Who made this thread?

TC isn't a lem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
#91 Posted by deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6 (2638 posts) -

@SolidTy: Ok, you just proved the point.

@SolidTy said:

---

Sony says that they have 1080p 60fps games...... yet they don’t..... because ^this^

Enough said..... I’m disappointed in both systems when it comes to resolution.... but resolution is the least of my worries......

#92 Posted by dobzilian (3365 posts) -

Better to lie than to be honest. Who wants to hear the truth? no one.

#93 Edited by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

---

Nice post man, very nice.

Luckily people like us are Savvy enough to avoid the hype train,lol

#94 Posted by Heil68 (57844 posts) -

6 million strong and growing.

AWwwwwww Yeahahhh

#95 Posted by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

dead rising not cutting it for the lemmings it seems.

#96 Posted by greensand24 (457 posts) -

@SolidTy:

In post #5 you said you say it's the devs choice regarding frame rate and resolution. This may be true and I say maybe only because I've heard MS repeat it a couple of times but never from Sony.

But Regardless of them not saying that outright they sure as he'll had no shame in saying the whole "we believe 1080p will make you a better gamer." Lol remember that nonsense?

My point is that it's incredibly naive to think that Sony didn't try to force Guerrillas hand in this resolution matter.

Next....

You then said in the same post , "you can only create what the hardware or graphics card allows. If you prioritize 1080p and 60fps it's only going to remove other aspects of the game you are designing."

Well hello... Did you not read some posts from here where they said no wonder the SP looked better and how the MP looked blurry.

If GG knew there would be trade offs then why not just go the 720/60 route and release s'more stable game in terms of visuals and performance. According to some the FR really tanks.

So again why not just release a more conventional resolution instead of this 960 nonsense.

Do you really think that GG would've released a quirky rediculous resolution on THEIR OWN VOLITION had Sony not emphasized 1080 and making stupid statements such as," We believe 1080 makes you a better gamer" Derp.

Again to say Sony didn't play a part in this is naive but guess what? There is no use in stating this to you because I already believe that your a stealth cow so of course you will defend.

Also you also mentioned some other stuff such as COD and one of my older threads which served no purpose other than to grandstand. Lol you sure do like to talk. Look at me ma I have bold letters.

#97 Edited by TruthBToldShow (352 posts) -

@2mrw: First off, its 960+960x1080. Fools trying to compare that to 1600x900, which is 900p, are missing a dose of reality. Think about this; 1600x900p has to be zoomed/upscaled to 1080p. It doesnt skew because its the exact same ratio. Think about an image/game with a width of 960 getting stretched to 1920...... ITS A HUGE LEAP/STRETCH.... it would be BEYOND obvious. Yet, it took Eurogamer to write that article before anyone had a clue.

Second, take a good look at this cover (you should be able to click and increase the size for easier viewing)

This Xbox 360 title that runs at a native 1280x704

Yet, the box says "720p/1080i/1080p"

Why is that? Doesnt this make MS bigger liars than Sony? That game isnt 720p on 360, let alone 1080p.

NO! Because the resolutions on the box are TV SIGNALS!!!!!!!!!!!

They are not, never have been the native resolution of the game.

Loading Video...

#98 Posted by Draign (1821 posts) -

Sounds like Sony loyalists are getting tired of waiting.

#99 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@freedom01:

Lemmings are so butthurt over Xbox One sales, they now just make shit up as they go.

Made up?!?! LMAO!! This is on just about every game site including IGN. NG4 and even the biased Gamepur site (which is a surprise) as well. This is an absolute fact. I just want to know WHAT ELSE isn't really 1080 native. Why didn't DF catch this, is the question of the decade. lol!!

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13850-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-runs-960x1080p-not-native-1080p-sony-lied-.html

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#100 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@TruthBToldShow said:

@2mrw: Think about an image/game with a width of 960 getting stretched to 1920...... ITS A HUGE LEAP/STRETCH.... it would be BEYOND obvious. Yet, it took Eurogamer to write that article before anyone had a clue.

fyi

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778172