Be honest fellas , do you prefer microsoft or Sony's first party games?

• 111 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

While Sony got Uncharted , God of War , Ratchet and Clank and many more Microsoft not behind at all with awesome Gears, Halo or Forza's.All comes down to personal preference now.

Do you prefer microsoft or Sony's first party games?

I'm a sucker for Sony first party games since beginning infact eat, sleep,drink on Sony's first party games as i love playing them so much. But also love me some Gears. Halo's started to go downhill with 343 on helm... imo so stopped following it after Halo 4.

Well?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@magnum3000: You forgot to add MS now has all Bethesda titles also.

As a racing game fan i could never pick Sony, in racing terms MS has won the race on Sunday and Sony turned up on Monday asking where is everybody lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

Sony has the best first party games. They are fairly consistent with their quality. MS can make great games too, but they are hit and miss. There weren't too many great first party games on X1, but I expect that to change next-gen.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

If all games where on all platforms and for some reason all the games launched on the same day and there was a new God of War and a new Naughty Dog game and a new Forza Horizon game... I would be playing the new Forza Horizon game first.

Not that Naughty Dog games don't interest me its just after Uncharted 2 its been pretty much a steady decline and a one trick pony type of experience.

Give me a new Horizon game with new environment more cars 120Hz with HDR and I will be glued to my seat for a entire weekend it launches.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

@i_p_daily said:

@magnum3000: You forgot to add MS now has all Bethesda titles also.

As a racing game fan i could never pick Sony, in racing terms MS has won the race on Sunday and Sony turned up on Monday asking where is everybody lol.

Of course. Thanks for bringing this valid point in this debate. Its great. Personally not a fan of Bethseda titles but without a doubt they certainly make awesome games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: I hear ya on FH, i'm thinking 5 should be set in Japan, imagine neon lights and cherry blossom trees, man that would rock :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

@i_p_daily said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: I hear ya on FH, i'm thinking 5 should be set in Japan, imagine neon lights and cherry blossom trees, man that would rock :)

That'd be epic awesome

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Oh gee. Piss or poo. Hmm.. probably MS. Their games don't play themselves as much.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

They both have a few I enjoy and a few I have no interest in.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

That would make me kit out a Mazda RX8 and tune it for street racing so bad.

I hope it is Japan, I can't think of anywhere else I would love to race around in more.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Microsoft's. Gears is better than Uncharted. Halo is better than Killzone.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

This is like asking, do you prefer first class (Sony) or economy (Xbox).

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Honestly, I've owned a PS1 and a PS2, I also owned an Xbox, and Xbox 360. Think is, the PS1 reeled me in, but the PS2 pushed me away while the OG Xbox pulled me in with great exclusives, but the 360 did what the PS2 did, and pushed me away. Today, I don't see a group of exclusives for either one that would make me spend $400-$500 on a console. Halo and Elder Scrolls make a far better argument to me than TLOU or some God of War crap, but I'll be playing those on PC so... Neither one makes a compelling argument to me.

But, if you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick one and I could only play my games on it, I'd have to pick Xbox.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Xbox by a mile only Sony game I liked was HZD.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Sony has more big AAA titles. They also have more high quality titles.

What they don't have for me is enough variety.

Spiderman, god of war, Hzd, last of us, ghost of t, death stranding, Uncharted, Days gone and a few more I can't think of are all variants on 3rd person SP heavy action adventures.

Yes, most people would vote for the Sony line up....but there's too little mp gaming for me, and not one decent FPS.

Especially after Bethesda joining, I'd rather have xbox's selection.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@i_p_daily: You have nothing from Bethesda yet, sit down. Sonys games sold better all generation, way more relevant.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Microsoft by a mile. Doom, Fallout, Prey, Dishonored, Outer Worlds

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I see why Sony's would be more popular but they do next to nothing for me.

MS doesn't have alot of good stuff but Ori 1 + 2 and Sunset Overdrive are more fun then any non VR game that Sony released this gen. Also Forza Horizon 4 was a pleasant surprise. for me. Plus there's always Gears

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

Before recent acquisition by Microsoft I was more interested in Sony first party games simply because I'd played most of Xbox ones.

Now its pretty even for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Don't care for Microsoft at all, but American PlayStation does a fine job making themselves unappealing all by themselves. Said it before and I'll say it again...

Spider-Man, Dad of War, The Last of Us -- they're all mediocre. Japanese PlayStation gave us games like the one people are most excited for, Demon's Souls. I really don't see Sony being that generous to a Japanese studio in 2020. I mean, if FromSoftware never made the Souls games and tried to come to Sony for the first time now? They'd give Demon's Souls a budget of barely anything or tell them to piss off. Or make it more cinematic, "emotional" and maybe have it check off some boxes like open world, stealth and skill tree. Team Ico too. Gravity Rush and Ape Escape would never be made. Same goes for any other ambitious Japanese games. If they did produce them, we'd barely recognize them. Actually, even back in the day, Japanese PlayStation paled in comparison to the collective of other Japanese studios. Many of the older PlayStation games people liked were third party, now accessible on other platforms. They've just gotten much more boring since.

I prefer the old God of War games over the reboot and know for certain that if the series had never existed, Sony would never make such a game either. They'd bring the camera over the shoulder, move the attack buttons to the shoulders, remove jump, give you a companion to walk and talk with, replace the epic ambient music with dialogue and silence, and make Kratos and the violence more tame.

Sony hates uniqueness. Which is why I'm gonna stick with PC and maybe Nintendo from now on.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69427 Posts

Both companies are hits or misses for me. Microsoft as of late (last 5 years) hasn't realized that their needs to be a target.😂🤣

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

with the 15 new studios..MS all day long,but as a duel console real gamer i get all the games...the benefits of not having unnatural emotions towards a gaming machine

hah

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I'm not really into online multiplayer, shooters, or racing games so Microsoft hasn't really had anything to offer me. I love open world games so Bethesda is high on the list for me, but nearly every Bethesda IP is multiplatform as of now. In a few years when Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 come out I think it will greatly improve their 1st party lineup. But as of now, Sony has been absolutely killing it in the games department.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Sony they keep releasing new ips and not just popular franchise that are dying slowly

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@BassMan said:

Sony has the best first party games. They are fairly consistent with their quality. MS can make great games too, but they are hit and miss. There weren't too many great first party games on X1, but I expect that to change next-gen.

This

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Sagemode87 said:

@i_p_daily: You have nothing from Bethesda yet, sit down. Sonys games sold better all generation, way more relevant.

I knew by mentioning Bethesda i would ruffle a few feathers, who knew those feathers would come from the chicken man LOL.

I don't need Bethesda, i have Forza Horizon & Motorsport, and even if i only got one Forza game all gen it would still be better than a hundred Sony first party titles, and nothing you can say will change that for me, so go do the cows usual but teh sales speech to someone who cares :)

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7148 Posts

@sealionact said:

Sony has more big AAA titles. They also have more high quality titles.

What they don't have for me is enough variety.

Spiderman, god of war, Hzd, last of us, ghost of t, death stranding, Uncharted, Days gone and a few more I can't think of are all variants on 3rd person SP heavy action adventures.

Yes, most people would vote for the Sony line up....but there's too little mp gaming for me, and not one decent FPS.

Especially after Bethesda joining, I'd rather have xbox's selection.

the thing is did xbox make a good fps this gen also? even xbox was a miss this gen for fps really. I think ps3/360 was all fps like this gen with open worlds. last gen got me so sick of fps. now im sick of open world games even though its my fav type of game and will keep playing them but now they have to be top notch open world before I touch it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gifford38

funny how xbox fans are using number of studios instead of games from those studios. xbox is just all hype and no talk. we have this many studios yet no series x exclusives ready at launch.

we have elder scrolls, doom, far cry etc. no you guys don't there nothing exclusive about yet. doom dlc is still going to ps4.

meanwhile sony puts out one AAA after another.

xbox fans counting bathada's games already what a joke.

sometimes makes you wonder if these studios exist. were are the games?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

I just go where the games are. I don't have any sides who has the best exclusives coming from MS/Sony but there is no doubt Sony published good quality of single player exclusives throughout this gen and so far, the only 3 MS games I enjoy are Rare Replay, Master Chief Collection, and Forza Horizon 4.

That said, if I'm being honest, I really prefer Nintendo's exclusive the most compare Sony/MS combine. My answer would be Nintendo exclusives cause Nintendo does put efforts into their games and they always impress me with fun gameplay.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@enzyme36: might as well bring up minecraft lol

Lems are sad. Naming only Bethesda titles shows that it had/has nothing.

Forza's spin off is better than its main line title.

Halos been undercut by cod etc since like 08

Gears is only better than the 1st uncharted because it had online

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@gifford38: Halo 5 was arguably the worst Halo ever.... And it was a better shooter than any FPS game by Sony. As a mp game, halo 5 was much better, and I didn't find anything that came close on PS4...the closest was killzone.

With the Bethesda purchase, Xbox has a whole stable of FPS games like prey, doom and Wolfenstein, and even if they release some of them on ps5, they'll be available day one on gamepass.....but we're talking this gen, and my point was that PS4 didn't have a single decent FPS game made by Sony.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38

@sealionact said:

@gifford38: Halo 5 was arguably the worst Halo ever.... And it was a better shooter than any FPS game by Sony. As a mp game, halo 5 was much better, and I didn't find anything that came close on PS4...the closest was killzone.

With the Bethesda purchase, Xbox has a whole stable of FPS games like prey, doom and Wolfenstein, and even if they release some of them on ps5, they'll be available day one on gamepass.....but we're talking this gen, and my point was that PS4 didn't have a single decent FPS game made by Sony.

no one is saying xbox can't make a good fps. don''t say doom etc. nothing is out that is exclusive yet to call it yours yet. doom is still on ps4.

im talking this gen only. halo 5 was the worse one but it was the best from xbox this gen had to offer. until closer to the end with outer worlds which is on both consoles.

stop resistance and killzone are quality fps. but the game mag thats another story lol.

but I think right know bungie and third party are the ones making the good fps shooters this gen. doom etc.

this me not trying to shit on xbox.

all im saying fps was dry this gen with less of them compared to the ps3/360 era from both xbox and ps.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@enzyme36: might as well bring up minecraft lol

Lems are sad. Naming only Bethesda titles shows that it had/has nothing.

Forza's spin off is better than its main line title.

Halos been undercut by cod etc since like 08

Gears is only better than the 1st uncharted because it had online

ha Im a lem now.... never owned an xbox in my life, this is hilarious

the question was about 1st party games... and Im comparing 1st party studios efforts, and in my opinion its not close. Bloodbourne is dope tho, and if From Software counts for Sony it balances scales a bit.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Sony for me.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

If we're talking about franchises and IP then as a whole I prefer MS over Sony (Halo, Fable, TES). Only Sony IP I'm interested in at the moment is God of War.

Spiderman is not a Sony IP but Sony currently has the game rights to it so you can add that to the list as well.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I prefer Microsoft’s first party games more but I also enjoy most of Sony’s first party stuff to varying degrees.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

For me it is Sony's

I don't have any interest in FPS games or driving games so two of MS's big games are not for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I can't say honestly, I love FH3 and 4, Ori, Flight Simulator, Sunset Overdrive, Gears 5 and I love Bloodborne, God of War, TLou2 and the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

Sony does pour a ton of money into their games and mediocre stuff like Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman are stellar technical showcases and they get a lot of good press because of that. Just like mediocre marvel movies.

I do give more credit to Sony's overall investment but looking at my collection for this gen I can't say I prefer one to the other. But I'll say my top 20 for this gen doesn't feature that many Sony/MS exclusives.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

For the amount of Consoles Sony sold they really didn't sell better.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Sony's. Not a fan of shooter centric games.

I loved Alan Wake though.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I definitely prefer Sony's stable of games.

My favorite type of game is single player, third person, narrative driven games... Generally in the action/adventure genre.

I also really enjoy co-op games so I'm hoping those make a comeback as it's been kinda dormant for many games this gen. Hell, even Naughty Dog removed co-op from Uncharted 4 until a year after release. It was pathetic.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@BassMan said:

If I'm being honest as TC requested, I'll go with this.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I guess I'm more of a multi-plat guy. Don't care about God of War, Uncharted, Last of us or Death Stranding. Also don't care about Gears of War, Halo, Doom or Ori. I do love me some Forza Horizon though.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I don't really like the Sony exclusives so I guess M$ by default even though I'm pretty apathetic towards them as well. Now that they have Bethesda's titles who knows, I love Doom and Dishonored.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I was about to Sony easily until I remembered MS bought Bethesda. Now I would have to say that it would really depend on the mood I'm in.

They both have excellent first parties, buy I'll say MS has a more varied first party now. Age of Empires is a long time favorite of mine so they have rts, 3rd person action, 1st person, and rpgs. Sony's main focus is on 3rd person action for sure. Luckily they are amazing third person action games with varied settings and play styles.

I'm just happy I get to play both.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

Sony exclusives for me. I like some MS exclusives but not many.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Sagemode87 said:

I knew by mentioning Bethesda i would ruffle a few feathers, who knew those feathers would come from the chicken man LOL.

I don't need Bethesda, i have Forza Horizon & Motorsport, and even if i only got one Forza game all gen it would still be better than a hundred Sony first party titles, and nothing you can say will change that for me, so go do the cows usual but teh sales speech to someone who cares :)

Meltdown much?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Sony. And lem saying bethesda, it's nothing but fps games.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@magnum3000: Before the Bethesda acquisition, it was most definitely Sony.

However, I'm leaning more towards MS now.

Doom, fallout and the next ES game are all more interesting to me than any of Sony's first party offerings, with the possible exception of a proper bloodborne 60 FPS remake.

Not to mention whatever comes out of Obsidian, who has been one of my favorite developers recently.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Still playing through Halo MCC with friends. Can't think of a Sony first party IP that's gotten as much love from me.