Bayonetta or Devil May Cry - what series do you prefer?

• 63 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Bayonetta or Devil May Cry - what series do you prefer? (74 votes)

Bayonetta 43%
Devil May Cry 57%

I prefer the style of Bayonetta. The fun music, the goofy yet serious story, and the witch time! But I also like playing Devil May Cry games too. But the more rigid, calculated gameplay is not as fun (but still great). What about you, SW? What series do you prefer?

• 
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Devil May Cry for nostalgia reasons.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Devil May Cry. The first game is possibly one of my favorite hack & slash games. I know it isn't the best, but I had a blast playing it when it released and none of the newer games in any series has given me the same level of enjoyment.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

DMC purely for aesthetic. Gameplay aside, I much prefer the darker, demonic tone of the DMC series, especially DMC and DMC3.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46250 Posts

I prefer the God of War series. Juggling mythical creatures into the air.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Tough call as Devil May Cry 5 was absolutely amazing but I think I’d go with Bayonetta in general overall.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Devil May Cry! I like Bayonetta but if I had to choose it be DMC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

I'm not even a hardcore Devil May Cry gamer like that and while I play my fair share of the series, I actually like Bayonetta then Devil May Cry itself. So Bayonetta gets my vote. And because she's a hot female, no way I'm gonna fall for a dude like that lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Haven't played DMC5 yet, but DMC3 is great and DMC4 has some of the sickest combat in any game I've played.

I prefer the feel and flow of Bayonetta though, so that's my pick. If I ever take the git gud deep dive into DMC, might end up changing my mind, it definitely has the deeper system.

So in conclusion, Ninja Gaiden.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Bayonetta... mainly for the fact that I've BARELY played a DMC game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Devil May Cry. Bayonetta has better enemy designs and the tech itself is fucking dope, but the free style nature of DMC3, 4, n 5 is second to none. Also prefer the DMC series best boss fights to the rest of the genre. That and Dante is a funner character, tho Bayonetta is no slouch. Plus I love watching combo vids n stuff for DMC, that shit is too sick.

Bayonetta stuff is amazing, but Devil May Cry is the deepest action game, ever, period, no one else need apply.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Caj1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Caj1986
Member since 2015 • 399 Posts

Played all the devil may cry. Played onli 1 bayonetta. Sorry devs need to make their game more available to other platforms to gain a bigger insight and fanbase on bayonetta

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: The only right answer.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Bayonetta.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

Bayonetta for sure, though I have not played DMC5.

I like when games put some emphasis on playing defensively. Witch Time and Dodge Offsets make Bayonetta stand out from other action games, many of which you could concievably beat without ever touching the block button.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

They're both so hyperbolically ridiculous, and I know not to take them seriously, but I still cringe so hard playing either one of 'em.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I prefer Bayo's combat and iconography.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

One of the least innovative genre peaked with the original Bayonetta. It's just been treading water ever since.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

DMC

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I much prefer Devil May Cry for 2 main reasons.

- I love the style system

- I don't like the witch time mechanic all that much as it takes away from the frenetic pace. I think the parry mechanics of Metal Gear Rising serve a similar function without slowing the pace of the fights. I love MGR

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1234 Posts

DMC - prefer the weapons and feel of the combat ,bosses etc

Bayonetta's crazy set pieces are impressive - but there's way too many interruptions for my taste. Also alot of the combos wind up feeling similar because of the wicked weave.

DMC3 > DMC5 > B2 > DMC4 =?= B1

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

DMC but id rather have a good new ninja gaiden game

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jg4xchamp

@Pikminmaniac said:

I much prefer Devil May Cry for 2 main reasons.

- I love the style system

- I don't like the witch time mechanic all that much as it takes away from the frenetic pace. I think the parry mechanics of Metal Gear Rising serve a similar function without slowing the pace of the fights. I love MGR

NSIC exists in Bayonetta, no slow mo, parry is also an equippable mechanic for Bayonetta, and it isn't anywhere near as rigid as Metal Gear, plus Bayo has more tools at her disposal, and her dodge offset works significantly quicker.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Like the setting and story of the DMC games better so I'll go with DMC.

I don't like the pacing and some of the level design/ gameplay decisions in Bayo either.

Ninja Gaiden Black above all though.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I don't love "action games that have combos like fighting games" sort of mechanics. I'd side with DMC between the two. Bayonetta's level of crudeness and nudity is really embarrassing and I can't take it seriously.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

DMC series

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

@Juub1990: Here, hear!

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Voted Devil May Cry because the only experience I have with Bayonetta is the first game, which honestly felt more like a prototype of what would eventually become Metal Gear Rising. If you'd ask "Devil May Cry or PlatinumGames, Inc", i'd pick the latter because I find their games to be genuinely more enjoyable due to enemies and bosses being far better telegraphed than what you see in DMC5.

Another thing worth noting is that DMC's game design seems to always need the mandatory mook that's just an absolute slog to fight (i.e: DMC4's Blitz, DMC5's Fury). The fact that MGR or NieR Automata doesn't have an enemy that can be considered a counterpart to those two foes is actually a good thing. Pretty much, there's never a moment in MGR where you felt like you were getting killed by cheap hits and I feel that fairness is an extremely part of the character action game genre.

Now that I think about it, I genuinely wonder why Capcom didn't just pony up and hire PlatinumGames for DMC5, and the only reason I can think of is "Capcom wants to sell the game on PC and AMD is banking hard on sponsorships"

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

Devil May Cry, more variety

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I love them both, but DMC probably edges out Bayo for me. God of War beats them all though by a tiny bit.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#30 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58906 Posts

I know hardcore the max gamers probably don't like it, but I really enjoyed DMC, reminded alot of of Blade, and had a giant Bill O'Reilly Tron head.

Loading Video...

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

@vfighter:

I love God of War but it is nowhere near the same level.

Even creator David Jaffe confessed that.

That being said the original God of War is a very well done story.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp

@uninspiredcup said:

I know hardcore the max gamers

mate yah big shilled Shadow Warrior and say shit like "every contemptible design decision of the blah blah", you a hardcore max gamer dork in denial.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

If I had to choose between those 2 it would be Bayonetta, but Ninja Gaiden is better than both.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

DMC

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#35 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

DMC.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

DMC /nuff said!!!!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I haven't played a Bayonetta game yet, but after that last casual shit fest of a game they pushed out for DMC what was it 5?... I'm gunna have to say Bayonetta would have to be really bad not to vote for it. I'll come back once I play it.. I've been meaning to for awhile now anyways.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp
@WitIsWisdom said:

I haven't played a Bayonetta game yet, but after that last casual shit fest of a game they pushed out for DMC what was it 5?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Gonna need you one n done types to actually stfu and maybe get a clue pls. It's fine that you button mashed your way through normal, but chances you are you still have plenty of missions to S rank and higher difficulties to work with, and couldn't jump cancel worth a shit.

Of all the knocks you could make at the high end games at this genre "casual" and "shallow" are two that aren't gonna fly. If you simply lack the interest to learn how to be play expressively, that's fine, by all means different strokes. But you are ignorant as **** to assume the game is devoid of depth.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11083 Posts

Gonna go with DMC, since I've played all the games and only played some of Bayonetta 1. I'm not really trying to pay full price for Bayo 2 on Switch.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Can’t choose between either. Love them both.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@jg4xchamp said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

I haven't played a Bayonetta game yet, but after that last casual shit fest of a game they pushed out for DMC what was it 5?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Gonna need you one n done types to actually stfu and maybe get a clue pls. It's fine that you button mashed your way through normal, but chances you are you still have plenty of missions to S rank and higher difficulties to work with, and couldn't jump cancel worth a shit.

Of all the knocks you could make at the high end games at this genre "casual" and "shallow" are two that aren't gonna fly. If you simply lack the interest to learn how to be play expressively, that's fine, by all means different strokes. But you are ignorant as **** to assume the game is devoid of depth.

LMAO... calm down there Champ.

I feel the game and genre in general is casual but also understand that things like that are subjective so I respect your opinion as well. Pretending the combos are hard to pull off is hilarious though, and you aren't required to pull off perfect combos at every step although it does help (also I'm sure it matters more at the highest levels).. I didn't play the game on the most difficult setting because if I remember correctly you had to beat the game to unlock harder settings.. I did however play the game on the hardest setting I was presented with when I booted the game up and wasn't faced with any monumental challenges to say the least. Unless I absolutely love a game, it's unlikely I'm going to play through the campaign more than once, which is a reason I hate having content locked at the beginning of games, and is a major turn off when I see it in games I play.

I'm also sure I probably didn't get an S rating on everything (not that I would be surprised if I did.. or close to it either though), but that isn't the point of a game like that to me, and I'm not going to keep going back to get it.. that is the point of a die hard of the genre, which I am guessing by the way you freaked out about my opinion would likely include you... That said, that isn't a requirement of the game and doesn't add anything to the story and only adds artificial difficulty and a bar to try to reach for die hards. People can take just about any game and add challenges for themselves or try to get all the most prestigious awards and it won't be easy in most cases. That doesn't inherently relate to the depth of a game though. Trying to be the absolute best in any game is going to take a lot of practice, patience, and skill.

Calling me ignorant after saying something like "different strokes" though... lmao... oh man the irony.

I'm glad you like the game so much, but in my opinion it wasn't even the best DMC game, and I have played most of them. If you mastered every aspect of the game, with S levels on every challenge, and at the hardest level the game has to offer I commend you, that's impressive. However, it still doesn't relate to depth in my opinion, and felt the game left a lot to be desired and wasn't all that fun to me.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 7227 Posts

Played bayonetta 2 on wii u to death but have played more devil may cry games so that just gets it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jg4xchamp
@WitIsWisdom said:

Pretending the combos are hard to pull off is hilarious though, and you aren't required to pull off perfect combos at every step although it does help (also I'm sure it matters more at the highest levels).

Nothing to pretend, they are, if they were easy, you go do it. Staying up in the air maybe more free in DMC5 than it was in 3 or 4, but there are still plenty of tight conversions n links in DMC5. Most of you cats can't even switch between the two of the styles for a bnb, much less any of the saucy shit done by the combo mad community.

Further more "you don't need to know any of it" is missing the point. You don't actually need to use all your tools in a lot of games. You can play Thief using the bare essentials, most don't have to try any of the wacky shit in Deus Ex, and Dishonored can easily be turned into a joke because of Blink. But this level of expressive play still highlights how many options the player has avaiable to them

Loading Video...
@WitIsWisdom said:

I'm also sure I probably didn't get an S rating on everything (not that I would be surprised if I did.. or close to it either though), but that isn't the point of a game like that to me, and I'm not going to keep going back to get it.. that is the point of a die hard of the genre, which I am guessing by the way you freaked out about my opinion would likely include you.

Whether you see that as a point or not is on you, it is however actually the point of the game. Not just beat a level, but do it while saucing on the enemies. It's another layer of challenge to go along with the base difficulty settings. Which isn't any less artificial than difficulty to begin with. Newsflash to all goons reading "artificial difficulty" is literally any form of difficulty in a game, you're using a really poor meme for scrub talk.

Ranking systems have genuine merit to arcade style gameplay design and DMC's roots are arcade in nature, especially beat-em ups. Again like most games sure the game can be played casually one n done style, but it's far from a "casual" game, it's the deepest action game franchise period.

Story is irrelevant.

@WitIsWisdom said:

Calling me ignorant

Your follow ups have only highlighted that you are even more ignorant. So I was on money on that one. The point of the different strokes comment was to explain do not mistake your own play style, habits, n interest with a lack of depth or not being star spangled hardcore. Of the potential knocks to be made against DMC5, those two aint one of them unless you're on some galaxy brain DMC4 shit, which I know people on this forum can't hack it outside of Onesan.

@WitIsWisdom said:

However, it still doesn't relate to depth in my opinion,

Then you have no concept of what depth is as far as gameplay, kudos.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@jg4xchamp said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Pretending the combos are hard to pull off is hilarious though, and you aren't required to pull off perfect combos at every step although it does help (also I'm sure it matters more at the highest levels).

Nothing to pretend, they are, if they were easy, you go do it. Staying up in the air maybe more free in DMC5 than it was in 3 or 4, but there are still plenty of tight conversions n links in DMC5. Most of you cats can't even switch between the two of the styles for a bnb, much less any of the saucy shit done by the combo mad community.

Further more "you don't need to know any of it" is missing the point. You don't actually need to use all your tools in a lot of games. You can play Thief using the bare essentials, most don't have to try any of the wacky shit in Deus Ex, and Dishonored can easily be turned into a joke because of Blink. But this level of expressive play still highlights how many options the player has avaiable to them

Loading Video...
@WitIsWisdom said:

I'm also sure I probably didn't get an S rating on everything (not that I would be surprised if I did.. or close to it either though), but that isn't the point of a game like that to me, and I'm not going to keep going back to get it.. that is the point of a die hard of the genre, which I am guessing by the way you freaked out about my opinion would likely include you.

Whether you see that as a point or not is on you, it is however actually the point of the game. Not just beat a level, but do it while saucing on the enemies. It's another layer of challenge to go along with the base difficulty settings. Which isn't any less artificial than difficulty to begin with. Newsflash to all goons reading "artificial difficulty" is literally any form of difficulty in a game, you're using a really poor meme for scrub talk.

Ranking systems have genuine merit to arcade style gameplay design and DMC's roots are arcade in nature, especially beat-em ups. Again like most games sure the game can be played casually one n done style, but it's far from a "casual" game, it's the deepest action game franchise period.

Story is irrelevant.

@WitIsWisdom said:

Calling me ignorant

Your follow ups have only highlighted that you are even more ignorant. So I was on money on that one. The point of the different strokes comment was to explain do not mistake your own play style, habits, n interest with a lack of depth or not being star spangled hardcore. Of the potential knocks to be made against DMC5, those two aint one of them unless you're on some galaxy brain DMC4 shit, which I know people on this forum can't hack it outside of Onesan.

@WitIsWisdom said:

However, it still doesn't relate to depth in my opinion,

Then you have no concept of what depth is as far as gameplay, kudos.

lol.. you sound like a pissed off little liberal crying that your presidential candidate lost. Move on.

You have me painted all wrong by the way, but that's par for the course around these parts.

It's also pretty funny you quote me with things I didn't even say.

Like I did say however, it's great you disagree and feel differently that I do, that's what makes the world turn and keeps things from becoming too stagnant. On that note, I promise you your little tantrum won't make me lose any sleep nor does it change the fact that the combos aren't difficult, so I suggest not letting my opinions get to you so much either. If you disagree with me.. that's cool. I didn't miss any points, nothing went over my head (let me assure you of that.. lol), getting S grades is NOT the point of the game outside of challenging yourself to do better (although that isn't hard to do either), I don't know anything about some bs meme about artificial difficulty (I was just stating facts), it's a casual game.. period. Which is just fine by the way.. there is nothing wrong with that.

You know what I do when people don't like the games I do? Nothing.. I don't care.. lol. This thread asked which franchise we thought was better and it appears over 40% of people disagree with you. I really like a couple of the first DMC games but I thought 5 was worse than some of the others.. once again, to each their own. This isn't one of my favorite genres, so perhaps I'm just not as passionate about it as you are.

By the way.. no, not all games just add artificial difficulty. Either way though, I see how important this is to you, so I'm going to see myself out of this thread and just let you have it. There is no reason to continue when I disliked the game, so arguing about it is pointless.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jg4xchamp

@WitIsWisdom said:

Literally quoted you with your own words. Dense ass.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@jg4xchamp said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Well, I was going to leave this thread, while also trying to keep your integrity intact, but you had to move into territory outside of the game... sigh. Oh well, I'll do it after this.

Ok, let me break this down for you there Champ.. I never said "you don't need to know any of it", or did I ever imply it either for that matter. That is probably in relation to your incorrect assumption that since someone didn't find much depth or enjoyment in a game that you really like that they're obviously just mashing buttons without understanding the game mechanics.

That was the one and only actual phrase you quoted me as saying.. and I never said it, you just pulled it out of thin air and decided to run with it.

The other two things you quoted are a single word and two words used in conjunction that you simply disagree with, which while may be debatable are not outside the realm of subjectivity (opinion) so they can't be used as any kind of evidence relating to false statements as you would try to fool yourself or others to believe. I'm not so sure you know what quotes are used for in relation of trying to use them against a person, or who it is you are trying to make look ignorant, but you are failing quite fantastically. Which once again is hilarious since I love classic irony. Please continue though, this is some grade A shit show entertainment you are providing me with, hell I might even go as far as saying it's AAA quality since I definitely got the price of admission out of this.

You're about as sharp as a basketball aren't you? You should probably at least check your work before calling someone dense when you're blowing enough hot air out your ass to power the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jg4xchamp
@WitIsWisdom said:

Well, I was going to leave this thread, while also trying to keep your integrity intact, but you had to move into territory outside of the game... sigh. Oh well, I'll do it after this.

Ok, let me break this down for you there Champ.. I never said "you don't need to know any of it", or did I ever imply it either for that matter. That is probably in relation to your incorrect assumption that since someone didn't find much depth or enjoyment in a game that you really like that they're obviously just mashing buttons without understanding the game mechanics.

That was the one and only actual phrase you quoted me as saying.. and I never said it, you just pulled it out of thin air and decided to run with it.

The other two things you quoted are a single word and two words used in conjunction that you simply disagree with, which while may be debatable are not outside the realm of subjectivity (opinion) so they can't be used as any kind of evidence relating to false statements as you would try to fool yourself or others to believe. I'm not so sure you know what quotes are used for in relation of trying to use them against a person, or who it is you are trying to make look ignorant, but you are failing quite fantastically. Which once again is hilarious since I love classic irony. Please continue though, this is some grade A shit show entertainment you are providing me with, hell I might even go as far as saying it's AAA quality since I definitely got the price of admission out of this.

You're about as sharp as a basketball aren't you? You should probably at least check your work before calling someone dense when you're blowing enough hot air out your ass to power the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.

You are arguing glorified semantics slick, whether or not you said "you don't need to know perfect combos" or don't need to know any of it", the point is, that you miss the point of it lol. The options are still there available to the player, the decisions are still available to the player.

Depth in a game is the amount of total game states possible, minus the redundant ones. Ergo the meaningful amount of decisions available to the player in a games possibility space. All of Dante's different moves don't exactly overlap and effectively do the same shit they have different properties and allow for a different sort of combo construction. Whether you take part in that form of gameplay or not...said gameplay is there. Said depth is there. "it's not deep to me" is not a conversation point, yall work on some nonsense of all opinions are created equal, nah there are educated ones, and there are ignorant ones. Yours is that of ignorance of how the game works.

@WitIsWisdom said:

By the way.. no, not all games just add artificial difficulty. Either way though, I see how important this is to you, so I'm going to see myself out of this thread and just let you have it. There is no reason to continue when I disliked the game, so arguing about it is pointless.

This for instance is bullshit, and has always been bullshit in the gaming community. "Artificial difficulty" for starters doesn't actually mean anything, since any difficulty by definition is artificial. Further more the challenge is the challenge. Games can have layered ones, self-governed or governed by the game itself. There is beat the game, and other games have score attacks, time attacks, challenge modes. In Games like DMC or Hitman there are ranks n grading systems, they are a form of a challenge for people who want a higher challenge with a clear defined goal, often its meant to get the player to use more of the tools to extract as much depth from the systems as possible.

Ergo, yeah it is in fact the point of the game. Which you thought it wasn't, because again you mistook your lack of interest in a playstyle with a lack of depth or casual or whatever. I didn't say you needed to continue or like the game, by all means, but you're patently incorrect as to the level of depth the game has and the degree of difficulty of the combos.

https://twitter.com/FGX_SoS/status/1230156640990593024?s=20

Because I know you aint touching that or close to that. The game having simple combos does not mean the lack of existence of more difficult ones more expressive ones.

So again

@jg4xchamp said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Try again sport.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I dunno man, DMCV is pretty casual. It's like the Virtua Fighter 4 of character action games, no true depth.

I mean for starters the gunplay is just awful. Not really much in the way of platforming, exploration, or puzzle solving, so not really a complete experience imo.

I mean I guess you could say the combat is great? But that's only a small part of the bigger picture. And I really just can't take the game seriously with the story and characters and stuff. The combat doesn't help either, just too over the top, hard to feel immersed when a motorcycle is a weapon.

I prefer a more well rounded experience like God of War 3 for example. Faithful to Greek mythology and Kratos is a straight up badass.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

In the sense that I am not a massive action game nerd who dives super deep into the games and just prefers them for style and spectacle and overall entertainment, I prefer Bayonetta's 2 games, on the grounds that sassy librarian giraffe appeals more to me than sassy edgelord rocker.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner: have some shame in your life.

Yo why your mans Fchamp disappeared from the states since he got cooked by sonicfox? Are dhalsim players simply too smooth brained versus NRS players?