SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/02/bayonetta-3-has-sold-over-1-million-units-since-launch

Bayonetta 3 is the latest Switch exclusive to join the 1 million club. In Nintendo's latest financial report, the company reports that the long-awaited sequel from PlatinumGames just squeaked over the line with 1.04 million units sold.

Launching early-ish into Q3, those sales figures are pretty decent for the Umbra Witch's third outing. The Switch version of Bayonetta 2 managed to hit 1.04 million units by December 2021, while it struggled to even reach 400k on the Wii U. The first Bayonetta has seen multiple releases, first launching on the PS3 and Xbox 360, and managed 2 million copies between those systems.

With Bayonetta 3's strong critical reception, we'll have to wait and see if it approaches those higher figures. And we also have a prequel game coming out in just over a month in Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon.

Thoughts, SW? I say not bad considering it released right in the holidays. Hopefully it can get to a solid 2 million and Nintendo will keep supporting it. Because in the end, I just want more Bayonetta!!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

Glad the whole VA situation didn't impact on Bayonetta 3 itself as it shouldn't be a factor.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Congrats to Platinum Games and Nintendo. It’s a niche franchise and compared to the previous games it’s done pretty well for itself. Fantastic game, very deserved.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic

@Archangel3371: you better pick up Bayonetta Origins

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41526 Posts

Well, that boycott blew up in Hellena Taylor's face like a Tom & Jerry cartoon.

Still, one million in two months. That's pretty damn good on several accounts. One being Bayonetta being niche and, alongside 2, being Nintendo's top selling game with the M rating (keeping in mind some folk still associate Nintendo with kids).

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Sure. 😅

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

Nice. I'd like to see this series explode in popularity, but the fact it's keeping consistent is still good news.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Taylor totally deserved to have it all blow up in her face, but I still can't help but feel bad about it. Loved her voice and performance. Bummer she's a bit nuts.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

That’s amazing for the series.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3386 Posts

Hopefully the disappointment 3 was won't hurt the series. I'm very excited by Origins though. IGN released a preview yesterday and it looks great.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

How many didn't buy it?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38705 Posts

Bomba as expected😅If its not a very few Nintendo titles, nothing sells on that thing. Not to mention that releasing a Bayo game on hardware from 1999 was as dumb as creating an exclusive MH game for the Switch.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13 Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19515 Posts

Good numbers for a niche game. It's outpacing the previous Bayo games.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts

It's on my to buy list. I was originally hesitant as a few reviews I saw were a bit "we don't want to say it's not great....but it's kinda not great". Still those who have played it seemed to enjoy it overall.

I have a bit of a backlog building on the Switch. Maybe the end of this year I'll go on a Bayonetta/Zelda spree.

.....dam it i still need to dig out the ol wiiu and finish breath of the wild.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 939 Posts

At this day and age 1 million in what, 3 months? sounds very low tbh

Personally, even though I still enjoyed the game, I think it was a step back for the franchise. I hope they scratch most of its new ideas cause most of them just didnt work

edit: where are the fanboys that said "lol 11 million in a 100+ million install base lol" on the Ragnarok thread?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

Nice. Pretty good number for such a niche game. Honestly i wasn't a huge fan of this game, mostly because it felt a bit too annoying in some places, but still, it is a great action game.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1847 Posts

Bayonetta and Nintendo were a perfect match. Nintendo got an M rated game, and Bayonetta is gaining more popularity. It would not have sold as much on the PS4 and Xbox One, or the PS5 and XB X/S.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hardwenzen
@luxuryheart said:

Bayonetta and Nintendo were a perfect match. Nintendo got an M rated game, and Bayonetta is gaining more popularity. It would not have sold as much on the PS4 and Xbox One, or the PS5 and XB X/S.

What a copium post from our follow Nintendo cult member.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen
@vatususreturns said:

Personally, even though I still enjoyed the game, I think it was a step back for the franchise. I hope they scratch most of its new ideas cause most of them just didnt work

edit: where are the fanboys that said "lol 11 million in a 100+ million install base lol" on the Ragnarok thread?

mesome is just baitin'. He ain't serious. In reality, he was very impressed with Ragnarok sales while being in his LABO castle made out of cardboard.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:
@vatususreturns said:

mesome is just baitin'. He ain't serious. In reality, he was very impressed with Ragnarok sales while being in his LABO castle made out of cardboard.

Yea Mesome’s way of showing bitterness is to lie to make himself feel better 😆

Sabertooth91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sabertooth91
Member since 2022 • 13 Posts

Good for it. It tries a lot of new things, some that work and some don't. I'm not really faulting it on that, but I do have mixed opinions on it. The franchise should be pulling more copies by this point, but whatever.