Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Some people were saying that it's cancelled so I wanna confirm that it's not.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

They definitely announced this game with 0 development done on it. All they probably had was artwork.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

3.5 years of nothing. wow.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Could not care less until I can see something. Bayo 2 was a downgrade from the original in nearly every way. Unless it's a return to form, idfc

Did Bayo 2 sell well on the Switch? I know it sold like shit on the WiiU

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

She voted for Trump?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Most likely it will be a Switch Pro launch title, same with BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4.

It sucks but oh well.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Well it's certainly not not canceled.

At this point I would guess they didn't even start development until this year. Much like Cyberpunk it's becoming obvious they just announced this and MP4 to try and generate Switch hype, with no actual plans in place yet.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

Most likely it will be a Switch Pro launch title, same with BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4.

It sucks but oh well.

That's what I'm thinking. Bayonetta 3 would be the perfect game to showcase the new hardware.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I can wait. It’ll be well worth it. 😁

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41528 Posts

Sure... might as well drop it, Ninty. Platinum stans seem to be JUST fine with them being Tencent's *****! Even after what happened with Blizzard after an incident in Hong Kong.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

They coding in that Chinese spy tech.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Techhog89

@madsnakehhh said:

It sucks but oh well.

If "Switch Pro" isn't launching either this year or early next year, then it doesn't exist. So that's definitely not it.

@Vaasman said:

At this point I would guess they didn't even start development until this year. Much like Cyberpunk it's becoming obvious they just announced this and MP4 to try and generate Switch hype, with no actual plans in place yet.

This is a really stupid take, especially since we already know that MP4 was rebooted. Like, this is is bad as some of Hardwenzen's takes lol

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vaasman

@techhog89 said:

@Vaasman said:

This is a really stupid take, especially since we already know that MP4 was rebooted. Like, this is is bad as some of Hardwenzen's takes lol

If it's rebooted then I'm still right, there were no plans for a release schedule before or after a reboot. Not that you'd know anyway, everything about the development has been silent, it could have been literally "remade" from preproduction up. They aren't even giving us Bayonetta 3 "we-swear-it's-coming" updates. Hell the reboot announcement could just be to say they had no good ideas and had to rework the programming management.

It's funny it upsets you that much though, sad it's not out until Switch 2?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Techhog89

@Vaasman said:
@techhog89 said:
@Vaasman said:

If it's rebooted then I'm still right, there were no plans for a release schedule before or after a reboot. Not that you'd know anyway, everything about the development has been silent, it could have been literally "remade" from preproduction up. They aren't even giving us Bayonetta 3 "we-swear-it's-coming" updates. Hell the reboot announcement could just be to say they had no good ideas and had to rework the programming management.

First of all, what is that first sentence even trying to say?

Second, they gave a "we-swear-it's-coming" update on Tuesday.

Finally, I'm not upset. I'm just laughing.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vaasman

@techhog89 said:
@Vaasman said:

First of all, what is that first sentence even trying to say?

Second, they gave a "we-swear-it's-coming" update on Tuesday.

Finally, I'm not upset. I'm just laughing.

Yea nah, those aren't tears of laughter I see. And if you can't figure out what the first sentence is saying idk what to tell you because it's plainly obvious. Reboot or no reboot there were no plans for the game's release.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Techhog89

@Vaasman: You... You think release dates are decided early in development?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Curious what Platinum is making on the sly if they're not making this, because they'd be done by now if that was all they were working on.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Techhog89

@lamprey263 said:

Curious what Platinum is making on the sly if they're not making this, because they'd be done by now if that was all they were working on.

Do you people even think before you post?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vaasman

@techhog89 said:

lol of course they are, it's dense of you to think they aren't. If you have no idea what window you're planning to release during initial production that's effectively a waste of money and a blatant management failure. Almost all non-independent games will have a clear production plan once programming starts, assuming there's anything actually on the table. I feel confident MP4 had no release window if the teaser couldn't even drop a year, and shit, much like Duke Nukem that might be a big reason why they scrapped everything (because it was destined for dev hell).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

Bayo3 is the Hellblade 2 of Nintendo. See you in 2027 when it releases🙃

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hardwenzen

@techhog89 said:
@lamprey263 said:

techhog89 right now

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lamprey263

@techhog89: Platinum, despite, being a talented developer, seems to suffer in the leadership area of securing the capital they need so they can stay focused on projects, and seems they never negotiate a strong split on revenues either because they seem to just juggle multiple projects just to keep going, rather than secure themselves some independence, no doubt while they agree to do Bayonetta 3 they might have taken on additional projects to secure revenues and now night have lots of obligations to fulfill, and wouldn't be the first time they've done this, they appeared to be in this same territory back when they were juggling Activision licensed games and their Nintendo Wii U games.

Even though they started Scalebound before taking on Nier Automata development they clearly left one on the backburner while they finished the other, and I have no doubt that's why MS canceled the arrangement from their end, as they seemingly burned Nintendo on the deal with how Star Fox turned out.

So yeah, I thought about my comment before I posted. I might be wrong, but, doesn't mean I didn't have reason to think it.

Wouldn't be first time a company has made such mistakes. Gearbox took like $60 million from Sega for Colonial Marines, used money to develop games like Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway, both Borderlands games and all their expansion content, Duke Nukem Forever, used the last $10 million to have a lowest bidder third party make the Aliens game, and the game was shit. This wasn't a mistake though, Randy Pitchford is just a scumbag. But even Free Radical Design had this issue with juggling Haze and Star Wars Battlefronts III, they thought they could use money made on Haze to finish their Star Wars game and the game was a phenomenal dud, and thus they couldn't fulfill their obligation on the Star Wars game and the publisher wasn't going to give them any more money, game got canceled, the studio has been in turmoil since (seemingly still hanging on by a thread). I don't think companies do this on purpose, just, they get behind, they get desperate, they do things they probably wouldn't do if they can avoid it.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Techhog89

@hardwenzen said:
@techhog89 said:
@lamprey263 said:

techhog89 right now

Nah, for this one I'm referring to the fact that he thinks Platinumgames hasn't announced or released any games since announcing Bayonetta 3, which would have taken 30 seconds of research to confirm that they have released several games since then and have several more in development.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Techhog89
@Vaasman said:
@techhog89 said:

lol of course they are, it's dense of you to think they aren't. If you have no idea what window you're planning to release during initial production that's effectively a waste of money and a blatant management failure. Almost all non-independent games will have a clear production plan once programming starts, assuming there's anything actually on the table. I feel confident MP4 had no release window if the teaser couldn't even drop a year, and shit, much like Duke Nukem that might be a big reason why they scrapped everything (because it was destined for dev hell).

You have a rough target. For most AAA games that's not a hard target, and you wouldn't want to say what the target is until you're reasonably confident it won't be delayed past the target. MP4 was basically announced in pre-development, so of course they didn't date it. Initial targets like that might not even have a specific year attached to them and could be a range of 2 years instead.

Basically, a target isn't a release window, and literally nobody announces a target publicly early in development, especially for something like Metroid Prime that could easily end up taking 5 years to make.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Techhog89
@lamprey263 said:

@techhog89: Platinum, despite, being a talented developer, seems to suffer in the leadership area of securing the capital they need so they can stay focused on projects, and seems they never negotiate a strong split on revenues either because they seem to just juggle multiple projects just to keep going, rather than secure themselves some independence, no doubt while they agree to do Bayonetta 3 they might have taken on additional projects to secure revenues and now night have lots of obligations to fulfill, and wouldn't be the first time they've done this, they appeared to be in this same territory back when they were juggling Activision licensed games and their Nintendo Wii U games.

Even though they started Scalebound before taking on Nier Automata development they clearly left one on the backburner while they finished the other, and I have no doubt that's why MS canceled the arrangement from their end, as they seemingly burned Nintendo on the deal with how Star Fox turned out.

So yeah, I thought about my comment before I posted. I might be wrong, but, doesn't mean I didn't have reason to think it.

Wouldn't be first time a company has made such mistakes. Gearbox took like $60 million from Sega for Colonial Marines, used money to develop games like Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway, both Borderlands games and all their expansion content, Duke Nukem Forever, used the last $10 million to have a lowest bidder third party make the Aliens game, and the game was shit. This wasn't a mistake though, Randy Pitchford is just a scumbag. But even Free Radical Design had this issue with juggling Haze and Star Wars Battlefronts III, they thought they could use money made on Haze to finish their Star Wars game and the game was a phenomenal dud, and thus they couldn't fulfill their obligation on the Star Wars game and the publisher wasn't going to give them any more money, game got canceled, the studio has been in turmoil since (seemingly still hanging on by a thread). I don't think companies do this on purpose, just, they get behind, they get desperate, they do things they probably wouldn't do if they can avoid it.

You didn't have a reason to think that PlatinumGames was working on more than one game? Even though you basically just proved that they always are?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lamprey263

@techhog89: a few manageable games might be expected, but if they can't fulfill their obligations then they might be over-burdening themselves.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#28 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts
@techhog89 said:

You didn't have a reason to think that PlatinumGames was working on more than one game? Even though you basically just proved that they always are?

Platinum Games is developing Babylon's Fall.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/babylons-fall-adds-ps5-version-closed-beta-test-sign-ups-now-available

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Could not care less until I can see something. Bayo 2 was a downgrade from the original in nearly every way. Unless it's a return to form, idfc

Disagree. Both are great games, but Bayo 2 is the better game.

Anyway, take your time Platinum. Just make it good!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16  Online

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

At least I can beat Bayo 2, Bayo 1's final boss is just pissing me off!

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@madsnakehhh said:

It sucks but oh well.

If "Switch Pro" isn't launching either this year or early next year, then it doesn't exist. So that's definitely not it.

Switch Pro is definitely coming, or at least new Nintendo hardware, so i'm betting this games are at the top front of the lineup.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

I mean, the combat system is objectively a downgrade lol. Not really a matter of opinion. Literally strips away options from the player while making others redundant. At the same time you get enemy design that further stifles what the player can do.

Whether you're in it for player expression or going for Plats, game is crazy limited compared to the original.

Still a great game, one of my favs, but vl4d isn't wrong here. At least on the combat side, which is what these games are all about.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

They probably runs into money problem again like how Scalebound got cancelled... and banking on Babylon Fall to sell well like how Nier Automata saved them. Blergh I dont want to waste money on Babylon Fall only for them to develop a crappy portable game.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

It sucks but oh well.

This.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#35 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@sakaixx said:

They probably runs into money problem again like how Scalebound got cancelled... and banking on Babylon Fall to sell well like how Nier Automata saved them. Blergh I dont want to waste money on Babylon Fall only for them to develop a crappy portable game.

Babylon's Fall will flop. It can make you pay money to make progress in the story.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Kamiya makes good games but the fool always angry about something. The guy needs to tone it down a notch. I'm kind of on the fence on who's side to take in this fight.

On one hand: people underestimate how long it takes to produce a game these days. Having dabbled in it myself (Yes, using RPG maker counts, as you still have to produce a majority of the content yourself, if you don't believe me buy the software and try it yourself, it's a lot more than just 'click, drag, win') it is a lot more complicated than many people think.

On the other hand: Simply saying 'It's going smoothly' is not enough, and getting angry at people for speculation is sort of childish and irresponsible. We wouldn't even be speculating if they had shown us something by now, like, even a 30-second trailer like with BOTW2. It's ok to be frustrated with the speculation, but calling these people 'fucking idiots' and 'wastes of space' is far from the most mature route he could take.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The Switch isn't powerful enough for the graphics and performance they want to achieve. Nintendo should at least let them make it for PC.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nintendoboy16  Online

@davillain- said:

Kamiya makes good games but the fool always angry about something. The guy needs to tone it down a notch. I'm kind of on the fence on who's side to take in this fight.

On one hand: people underestimate how long it takes to produce a game these days. Having dabbled in it myself (Yes, using RPG maker counts, as you still have to produce a majority of the content yourself, if you don't believe me buy the software and try it yourself, it's a lot more than just 'click, drag, win') it is a lot more complicated than many people think.

On the other hand: Simply saying 'It's going smoothly' is not enough, and getting angry at people for speculation is sort of childish and irresponsible. We wouldn't even be speculating if they had shown us something by now, like, even a 30-second trailer like with BOTW2. It's ok to be frustrated with the speculation, but calling these people 'fucking idiots' and 'wastes of space' is far from the most mature route he could take.

There is a reason I'm placing him on the list of 'devs who make good games, but are terrible people'. Alongside Michel Ancel and Randy Pitchford.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hardwenzen

Very worried about techhog89. Did he just rage quit Nintendo and SW all together😥He was my new I_P, and he left on his own?! What the hell.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

It's been "progressing well" since 2017.

lol.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@sakaixx said:

Babylon's Fall will flop. It can make you pay money to make progress in the story.

Yes I agree. It will flop and cause platinum to shut down before they could ship Bayonetta 3, everyone is happy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendoboy16  Online

@jg4xchamp said:

One has been openly abusive to his employees and cringy towards women, the other is into child pornograpy, but sure lets fucking compare that to a dev being a grouch to twitter eggs.

Nintendoboy, continues to be a fucking idiot.

The guy is a d***! Simply put...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@nintendoboy16: And?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nintendoboy16  Online

@vfighter said:

@nintendoboy16: And?

And... I can't acknowlege varying degrees of awful people in this industry? It doesn't all have to be the same. Those other two were at the top of my head at the time. I could've put someone like Notch on there if he was dwelling my thoughts at the time. And considering he is now... too late to edit that post, granted, but still.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I'm still wondering...and?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nintendoboy16  Online

@vfighter said:

@nintendoboy16: I'm still wondering...and?

Should I make nothing of it? I have my reasons. I'm not Liam Robertson, I ain't sicking cancel culture.