xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Pedro: I disagree - that video shows exactly why the new one looks sucky. The animations are faster and tighter, it's clear when an impact will be made, and in just a few minutes we've seen a lot of gameplay variety

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#52 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

It's definitely not how I want it to be. Like others pointed out it looks slow and cluttered. Hitboxes seem weird. Artstyle is just meh. Dissapointed.

Dumb thread title.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

The music and those sounds that some of the characters made when getting hit really stood out to me , in an annoying way.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: That's a interesting spin I'll give you that.

I can see it now, when it scores shit and it will because it is a shit game based off of a shit game. Cows will be screaming that MS has ruined the Battletoads franchise lol.

Battletoads was one of the best games on the NES. Yes, there were consoles before Xbox 360 believe it or not.

And no, it will be Microsoft ruined the Battletoads revival. You know, the reason why people are so disappointed now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: That's a interesting spin I'll give you that.

I can see it now, when it scores shit and it will because it is a shit game based off of a shit game. Cows will be screaming that MS has ruined the Battletoads franchise lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@Pedro said:
@vfighter said:

@Pedro: The old one was good bexause it was well, a good game, not because of its time. Its still a good game, so that arfument of yours is down the shitter.

Any new good ones, ummm yeah. Mother Russia Bleeds, Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgram, Double Dragon, etc. The genre slowed down since the 90s but its still around and kicking.

Seems like you forgot what the original looked and played like. Here is a reminder.

Loading Video...

The original game you posted a video of came out on the NES in 91. That is nearly 30 years ago. The new game looks absolutely nothing like the original and has an over the top cartoon network vibe to it. I'm not saying that Battletoads was ever a dead serious game, but it certainly had a darkness and more serious feel to it than that abomination, and had an absolutely huge following.

Everything about the new game is just wrong... The Battletoads are a spoof of the Ninja Turtles, not that Candyland Adventure Time looking crap running at 10fps that has been slowed to a snails pace. Battletoads was all about speed and split-second decisions and had great fluidity and tight controls.

Everything from level design, gameplay, platforming, difficulty, replay value, music/sound, was one of the best of all time.. and who could forget the pause screen?

Also, yes, the original is still an awesome game.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:
@vfighter said:

@Pedro: The old one was good bexause it was well, a good game, not because of its time. Its still a good game, so that arfument of yours is down the shitter.

Any new good ones, ummm yeah. Mother Russia Bleeds, Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgram, Double Dragon, etc. The genre slowed down since the 90s but its still around and kicking.

Seems like you forgot what the original looked and played like. Here is a reminder.

Loading Video...

Battletoads was always a shit game. People want to bash it now because MS is making a new one and want to pretend the original was a classic that MS is now butchering the Battletoads name lol.

A shit game? Are you high or what? Battletoads was legendary, it was an awesome game I enjoy back on SNES but never played the Arcade version.....until now thanks to Rare Replay. I grew up with Battletoads when it was in it's prime, had a cartoon series and it's known for it's hardest game of it's time.

Exactly, Battletoads was an absolutely amazing game, and still is. Calling it a shit game is beyond funny.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

Love seeing people defend Battletoads :D

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Lems now want to pretend the original Battletoads was a shit game just because MS botched the new one lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

This is what they've been working on for the last few years?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: I can't tell if you're high or trolling now?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Battletoads on NES was awesome. Calling it shit is like confirming you're soulless.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@subspecies: Right...because that's all that Xbox has to offer.....right? Pmsl....

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

It is weird that they don't let you hit any enemy when they are down, that was a big part of the originals combat.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#65 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Really not diggin' that art-style.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I agree it looks strange the gameplay looks a bit shoddy not looking good.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

reminds me of a flash game i played years ago on the cartoon network website.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@vfighter said:

Neither. Dude just does what he usually does, talk without having any idea of what he's talking about. Then he got laughed at by people in the thread. Then he abandoned the thread. That's about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts
@davillain- said:

Now those cartoons were da bomb! You making me feel like a kid again :)

I only watched Street Sharks. The other shows I didn't watch but there was a cameo of Extreme Dinos in one of Street Sharks episode.( Both the shows were made by the same creator) I didn't know what Extreme Dinos was until I saw that particular episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:
@vfighter said:

Loading Video...

Battletoads was always a shit game. People want to bash it now because MS is making a new one and want to pretend the original was a classic that MS is now butchering the Battletoads name lol.

A shit game? Are you high or what? Battletoads was legendary, it was an awesome game I enjoy back on SNES but never played the Arcade version.....until now thanks to Rare Replay. I grew up with Battletoads when it was in it's prime, had a cartoon series and it's known for it's hardest game of it's time.

So you're saying that Battletoads is legendary because it was hard, and you ask if i'm high lol.

It is a shit game and only gained notoriety because of its difficulty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@subspecies said:
@vfighter said:

Neither. Dude just does what he usually does, talk without having any idea of what he's talking about. Then he got laughed at by people in the thread. Then he abandoned the thread. That's about it.

I didn't abandon anything princess I live and funnily enough work on the other side of the planet, but, but abandon thread lol. Not my fault a lot of people like an average beat-em up like Battletoads. But you also like VR so you're taste in video games is totally shit to begin with.

Have a nice day reduc :)

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

The Streets of Rage one looks good. This Battletoads looks bad. Not badass, I mean BAD, like crap.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#73 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Definitely doesn't look appealing to me, personally.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
@Pedro said:

So, people was expecting what exactly for a Battletoads game?

Oh I dunno maybe a good game something like this perhaps?

Loading Video...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: You're nearing Ghost levels of stupid here, time to back away from the keyboard and put down the meth.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DoomNukem3D

@i_p_daily: Streets of rage is more of what you'd call an average beat em up. Battletoads differs from what was typical of a beat em up by constantly switching up and experimenting with different gameplay styles. When you get right down to it it's kinda wrong to call it a beat em up when most of the game is focused on those other gameplay styles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: You're nearing Ghost levels of stupid here, time to back away from the keyboard and put down the meth.

You're nearing...oh wait there's no one near your level of whinging here on SW lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@doomnukem3d said:

@i_p_daily: Streets of rage is more of what you'd call an average beat em up. Battletoads differs from what was typical of a beat em up by constantly switching up and experimenting with different gameplay styles. When you get right down to it it's kinda wrong to call it a beat em up when most of the game is focused on those other gameplay styles.

Its still a beat'em up.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I'll definitely pick it up I wish the art style had that retro feel to it though. The gameplay is kind of interesting.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DoomNukem3D

@i_p_daily: ok.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I don't know, are beat 'em ups really that high of a standard to begin with? Is the market so saturated we can look at this and say "Wow this is really bad relative to what's out there right now". I don't think you can.

Still...I expect better from MS (for some reason lol). This is some basic stuff that I feel a small crew on a small budget could make and sell for 15 bucks. Not sure why MS, which should be backing more complex games with larger development teams, is pushing this.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Are you saying it's low fps, or are you criticizing the lower frames-per-animation?

The latter. It looks so slow and boring for a beat em up.

It doesn't help that they had a total noob playing it, from what it looks like at least.

It does look slow, though.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@i_p_daily:

It's a great thing that the ps4 platform doesn't need racers to rely on for a great exclusive line up.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I wish they kept a sprite based characters and backgrounds. I feel like I'm watching a kids cartoon. However the franchise never has nor probably will be as good as TMNT the arcade

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts

I'm a sucker for final fight style beat em ups, but that gameplay video is dreadful. The player characters can't possibly move that slow... Its gotta be like an alpha build or something?! Music is budget and the jibberish language is annoying.

Battletoads sucked back in the day and it sucks now.

No one's eclipsed Dat Duck Tales remake amaright @jg4xchamp: ?!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#85 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I don't have any issues with the "frame rate", of which is really the animation style. My issue is the animation style. This is to Battletoads what Armada was to Transformers. Sadly, I'm passing on this.