Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I will only start caring when there is a Battlefield Lovely Planet.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

Looks like DICE tryimg so hard to show us they can make sp game when its not. Its DICE so expect another bad sp campaign.

Further more this ia worst potrayal of WW2 game i have ever seen. Even worse tham CODWW2.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Let me check the like bar on the video. *sigh* Yup, just what I thought. Never change, internet.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#54 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

Yup. Nobody bats an eye when some random regular infantry can hop in a tank, drive to an airfield and fly a plane without so much a cursory training for either vehicles, then gun down people with experimental weapons that didn't even make it off the drawing board in real life, while building complex fortifications in mere seconds just by holding down one button. But a woman shows up? Oh noes, the sky is falling.

Games, and pretty much all fictional media for that matter, exist to entertain, which means they all take liberties for the sake of entertainment. Battlefield and Call of Duty are no exceptions. They've always done it and always will, and any claim to, quote, "authenticity" is just marketing. You want historical accuracy? Read a f***ing history book.

I'm not even interested in the game one bit, but seeing these talking apes fling their shit around just irritated me a little.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

It's great to see this game get furiously downvoted. Clearly gamers have seen it for what it is, and are not standing for it.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5555 Posts

Im pretty sure thats the first time I seen someone get blown back in a FPS and the legs come up.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#57 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

yea, I can already tell the amount of ladies and customization is going to be annoying for me, as someone who likes to be immersed in games and has some knowledge of history.

I threw up a bit in my mouth when I saw that British chick with a prosthetic arm running around killing people. especially since they made a point of talking about how "realistic" battlefield is in the pre-amble to the trailer reveal. at this point I wish they would go for a alt-history setting instead of this quasi-historical bullshit.

I thought the trailer was bad and having a female soldier on the cover of a WW 2 game definitely rubs me the wrong way. HOWEVER, all the actual details I've heard about the game sound promising. Getting rid of Premium is a great move, though i'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on how they will make their 'live service' money. loot boxes with cosmetic items is my guess.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By uninspiredcup
@with_teeth26 said:

yea, I can already tell the amount of ladies and customization is going to be annoying for me, as someone who likes to be immersed in games and has some knowledge of history.

I threw up a bit in my mouth when I saw that British chick with a prosthetic arm running around killing people. especially since they made a point of talking about how "realistic" battlefield is in the pre-amble to the trailer reveal. at this point I wish they would go for a alt-history setting instead of this quasi-historical bullshit.

I thought the trailer was bad and having a female soldier on the cover of a WW 2 game definitely rubs me the wrong way. HOWEVER, all the actual details I've heard about the game sound promising. Getting rid of Premium is a great move, though i'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on how they will make their 'live service' money. loot boxes with cosmetic items is my guess.

Disability probably is more realistic, as a lot of folk did lose parts of their body and continue on through multiple wars, in some cases.

I think it's probably nice as well, most people with disabilities, or scaring are typically portrayed as evil, or weak in most media, especially older media, which, sucks for them.

Unfortunately it's most likely being used here as "this will look cool". Much like how for some, bizarre reason, she looks like a Scottish Pict, it's eye-catching.

Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts

@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:

It is definitely silly and trying too hard. Women are not an accurate representation of the typical soldier of WWI or WWII. I don't mind having women soldiers in the game, but having them prominently on a splash screen is just trying to serve a bullshit agenda that we have been plagued by in recent years. I got respect for women, but I am not a fan of feminist and SJW bullshit.

BTW, it would be nice to see some actual gameplay instead of that scripted bullshit in the trailer.

Completely share your thoughts.

Gamers don't have anything against women, otherwise tomb raider,... wouldn't sell at all.

But this forced BS that devs would probably never do if they had complete freedom is the problem.

Your Tomb Raider argument doesn't hold up. Liking women =/= respecting women. Trump is married to a woman, but he still treats them like garbage.

There is no issue with Dice having the featured trailer character be a woman. It actually makes sense to highlight that, since it's been sorely lacking in previous games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Shewgenja

BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh, you think women soldiers in ww2 are a joke. Oh yes, please tell us more about how much you "know" about "history."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lyudmila+Mikhailovna+Pavlichenko

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

Who really cares. Its a video game, not a history lesson. The publisher has one thing in mind - appealing to as many gamers as possible, not alienating any consumers. This is achieved with the "**** it - women in WWII!" thing that's happening. If it were set it modern times, there'd be absolutely nothing you could complain about being that in real life women are now recently allowed in Infantry and Artillery, and a few have been graduating from Ranger school. Are they as hard, strong and fast as some of the hardest males in the Army? Uh...overall no. But on the flip side, there's a lot of candy-ass, soft males in the military who shouldn't be in. Awesomeness and shitbaggery aren't gender-exclusive. But I digress - its a game.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 with_teeth26
@Shewgenja said:

BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh, you think women soldiers in ww2 are a joke. Oh yes, please tell us more about how much you "know" about "history."

yea the Soviets brought women into armed conflict.

every other country involved in WW 2 did not (though I'm sure lots of resistance fighters were female).

the Soviets are not in Battlefield V

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 with_teeth26
@uninspiredcup said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Disability probably is more realistic, as a lot of folk did lose parts of their body and continue on through multiple wars, in some cases.

I think it's probably nice as well, most people with disabilities, or scaring are typically portrayed as evil, or weak in most media, especially older media, which, sucks for them.

Unfortunately it's most likely being used here as "this will look cool". Much like how for some, bizarre reason, she looks like a Scottish Pict, it's eye-catching.

yea I'm sure there are some cases where disabled soldiers continued fighting, but having a disabled british female prominently displayed in your trailer is just virtue signalling.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Shewgenja

@with_teeth26: That's a shame. Resistance should be a faction, too. Hard to sell the military industrial complex that way, though.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 with_teeth26
@Shewgenja said:

@with_teeth26: That's a shame. Resistance should be a faction, too. Hard to sell the military industrial complex that way, though.

yea I'm surprised a game from this series or Call of Duty hasn't tried focusing more on the resistance.

we had "The Sabatour" (or however you spell it) a while ago which was about the resistance in France I believe

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

I mean, I think the trailer just looks bad like they let Jerry Bruckheimer make it, but I don't think that should give me reason to make a shit-fit over it and whatever stupid overreaction I'm sure people are going to have or are having. Anyhow, not surprised people are making a mountain out of a molehill here, but it's still a popular thing to shit on EA for whatever reason. No point in arguing, because the conversation is just going to end with something like "derp micccrotransactions **mic-drop**"

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Seems like they let you shoot for about 10 seconds per mission, which is exactly how i remember mainline BF campaigns to be.

And the fact that this Michael Bayhem with black disabled female viking pirate ninjas was preceded by 30 minutes of waffling about historical accuracy is just

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By uninspiredcup
@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@with_teeth26 said:

yea I'm sure there are some cases where disabled soldiers continued fighting, but having a disabled british female prominently displayed in your trailer is just virtue signalling.

Oh yes. It's the gaming equivalent of a politician coming out and kissing a babies head to look good in front of an audience.

You know what's funny? A AAA management game, based around woman working n a weapon factory, probably would be more interesting than what we will get, if any of the other BF SP's are to go by.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shewgenja

@with_teeth26: Well, I need Battlefield: Lovely Planet. All the wars are rehashed and unoriginal.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#70 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I really don't think it matters that there's a woman leading the charge in a WW game. Your citing of historical accuracy is irrelevant when it comes to a game where you take multiple shots from the enemy and run around without so much as a limp. It's a video game for pug's sake... Who cares?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#72 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

@quadknight said:

"BF1 iwas so immersive and historically accurate"

Yeeeea.....lol.

Looks historically accurate to me.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3045 Posts

@heathen75 said:

@uninspiredcup: @uninspiredcup:

@Pedro said:

LOL. The sight of a woman in videogames really gets to you guys.

Maybe he's still in that "girls are icky" stage.

For the love of god, NEVER LEAVE THAT STAGE!!!

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3045 Posts

@vvulturas said:

I don't care about the inclusion of women, I'm more concerned about the terrible trailer. It was just about the absolute opposite of the tone the developers used when describing the game.

I totally agree. It looks like they threw in a handful of WW2, a dash of graphics, a sprinkle of pandering, and then jammed it in the silly blender.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts
@dimebag667 said:
@vvulturas said:

I don't care about the inclusion of women, I'm more concerned about the terrible trailer. It was just about the absolute opposite of the tone the developers used when describing the game.

I totally agree. It looks like they threw in a handful of WW2, a dash of graphics, a sprinkle of pandering, and then jammed it in the silly blender.

It's almost as if they tried to pander to Fortnite players, it was just silly.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

@Pedro said:

No, it doesn't.

Before I go off on a tangent, let me be explicitly clear that I am a big fan of strong female role models, characters (good or bad), musicians, and so forth. Alyx Vance is amazing, you'll find me listening to Bjork, Grimes, and Fever Ray alongside High on Fire, Witch, Kyuss, and so forth. I want to see more women in video games; not just as inspiring heroes, but as villains, because women are just like the rest of us, awesome and terrible. They're not special, they are equals.

With that said...

The sight of a woman on the cover of a WWII game, where she looks like a front-line combatant, in a period of time where there were no female combatants (relatively speaking), is a bit of a push. That's all. It'd be like me writing a book about all the moon landings and putting a picture of Katherine Johnson on the cover. Yeah, she was a NASA mathematician, but WTF does she have to do with the lunar landings to the extent of being relevant to the physical, actual landings on the moon? Misleading, and exploitative of feminism and African-Americans.

I know there were female resistance fighters. I'm sure there were even a couple of female soldiers in some armies for one reason or another. Maybe she is a nurse who found herself behind enemy lines; who knows!?! But, relatively speaking, there were no women soldiers. Putting one on the cover of the game is a horribly obvious attempt by EA to win people over, and misrepresents the conflict.

They basically are trying to cash-in on the whole feminism movement while at the same time cash-in on disgusting loot crates. It's fracking shameful to exploit not just women, but your customers in general.

I don't care that there is a woman on the cover. I care that EA is trying to capitalize on it without really making an attempt to do it well.

I'll bet 10 dollars they try to incorporate a super vague, not-explicitly-stated-but-might-as-well-have-been sexual assault plot to the woman to capitalize on the MeToo movement, as well, just to top the whole exploitation sundae with a cherry.

But hey, they sure got us talking about it!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Looks like DICE tryimg so hard to show us they can make sp game when its not. Its DICE so expect another bad sp campaign.

Further more this ia worst potrayal of WW2 game i have ever seen. Even worse tham CODWW2.

I think that's kind of the point. The trailer made it look very over the top and unrealistic, which is frankly kind of nice compared to BF1 where they talked about the realism so much.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to this, based on the trailer.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Didn't watch. Sounds like Wolfenstein shit.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

TF is wrong with some of you

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#80  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Haha yes I loved those moments. They worked very well because of the intended serious tone, though. But whatever. As long as it doesn't get too close to Battlefield Heroes. In that game everything was so cartoony and silly, it completely lost the cool BF 'I'm a soldier on a battlefield" feel.

@quadknight said:

Yeeeea.....lol.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@KungfuKitten said:

This BattleField entry is clearly going to be alternate history/a more stylized/wacky version of WW2. Bits reminded me of Borderlands. Samurai Swords, prosthetics, actionhero attitudes and biker jackets.

Which is absolutely fine. It's more interesting to me than yet another traditional WW2 FPS.

Yeah, more like Bad Company

That's what it should've been called then. I never been disappointed with BF games before, but this is the first.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@Shewgenja said:

yea the Soviets brought women into armed conflict.

every other country involved in WW 2 did not (though I'm sure lots of resistance fighters were female).

the Soviets are not in Battlefield V

Yeah They had over 2,000 female snipers and out of the top 200 something like over 150 of them were women. And out of the top 10, 9 where female. Number 1 was a male though. Apparently women have more patience which make them better snipers not to mention while debatable women have a higher pain threshold. Now I'm pretty sure it was lady death but I could be wrong about who it was got her jaw shoot off it, half of it was just dangling on one side, got up and counter snipped the nazi soilder. And it was around 15-20% of the resistance were female. Like there was plenty of women during WW2. WW2 was the western beginning for allowing females to partake in wars.

I'm okay with there being women in battlefield as long as they are there for the story and not just put in there because they are women.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Wait, I thought only Soviets deployed women soldiers in WWII and that didn't look like a Soviet battlefield. Speaking of that why the f**k they don't include Soviets in the game. Soviet campaign in CoD 1 and 2 was dope.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@Ross_the_B0SS said:
@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:

It is definitely silly and trying too hard. Women are not an accurate representation of the typical soldier of WWI or WWII. I don't mind having women soldiers in the game, but having them prominently on a splash screen is just trying to serve a bullshit agenda that we have been plagued by in recent years. I got respect for women, but I am not a fan of feminist and SJW bullshit.

BTW, it would be nice to see some actual gameplay instead of that scripted bullshit in the trailer.

Completely share your thoughts.

Gamers don't have anything against women, otherwise tomb raider,... wouldn't sell at all.

But this forced BS that devs would probably never do if they had complete freedom is the problem.

Your Tomb Raider argument doesn't hold up. Liking women =/= respecting women. Trump is married to a woman, but he still treats them like garbage.

There is no issue with Dice having the featured trailer character be a woman. It actually makes sense to highlight that, since it's been sorely lacking in previous games.

Lol ok the "Trump is a sexist, racist,.. -ist", sure like that argument. And nice how you paint male gamers as non respecting mysoginistical pigs. I'm sure Tomb Raider would have sold millions if gamers wouldn't respect women.

And of course there's an issue, forcing devs to push a political agenda.

But of course being authoritarian is no problem when your "side" does it.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 knight-k

@quadknight said:

Yeeeea.....lol.

No problem with BF1 since the devs were clear and a lot of fantasy elements were involved.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 knight-k

@judaspete said:
@zmanbarzel said:
@knight-k said:
@Pedro said:

Depends if they want to go for historical accuracy or not.

99.9% were men fighting

Yes, because this game is an X chromosome away from being historically accurate.

Haha! Yep. One dude single-handedly taking down 1,000 Nazis? Sure, happened all the time. Put a woman in there though, that's when I can no longer take this seriously.

No sh*t it's still a game, still doesn't change the fact there's forced propaganda in the game. COD WWII was full of crazy spectacular moments too but the devs were clear with their intentions, they wanted to be as historically accurate as possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

It annoys me that DICE puts a lot of effort in their Battlefield games but when it comes to Battlefront they become as lazy as hell.(Even though that WW2 shouldn't have women in front lines)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34558 Posts

Would be cool if they showed us the game instead of some scripted bullshit trailer.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Will skip it. Zero interest.

They should have gone SJW and went for a full blown afro chick with chinese origins.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#90  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Hmm I do have one (minor) gripe (with the marketing). In the boring ass talk show that I tuned out of within 10 seconds, they did make it sound like this was all about showing WW2 from a new angle. Showing what the war was really like. And I hope that only pertains to the campaign, then. Because we did sent millions of men out to die. Not willingly, either. And die they did. And I don't think it's fair to reconstruct that history (IF they are doing this) as if we also sent just as many of women or people with handicaps to the front. Because that's not the truth of it. We did select based on health, height, gender, who was going to die for the others, often against their will.

But who knows. We haven't seen the final game, at all. And it's more a problem with the marketing than the game per se.

Before people dive onto this: If they are upfront about making this their own version of WW2 or at least don't pretend like it's some kind of history game, I have zero problems with it. If it's like "We put lots of women on the front-line as it would be fun for players." I am 100% OK with that. Put it on the box. But if they pretend it's made with respect to history, that it's borderline educational and then change large non-gameplay related things without addressing it at all. (Not things you need to do to make the game function or good.) Then that crosses a line for me. Whether it's giving all Germans high pitched voices, replacing Germans with South-Africans, or replacing swastika's with peace signs, etc. etc. If you say you are going to show us the real war, then at least respect the truth insofar as a good game allows for. BF is obviously not going that route. Which is fine. I kind of prefer that, even. I like new takes on history. It's fun. And it doesn't mean that details like tank designs can't be authentic. It's not black and white. I love seeing real attention to detail in games.

I'm just saying this, because this will probably blow up again. And maybe that's what they are going for? Because it's just silly to market something this way. It's the same thing Activision did. I think they just want people to start talking about it, get them riled up, add in a little controversy.

Or they did mention it in the talk show. Because damn that was hard to get through. I don't know how you do it, I had to turn it off multiple times -___-;

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 knight-k

@KungfuKitten said:

Hmm I do have one gripe. In the boring ass talk show that I tuned out of within 10 seconds, they did make it sound like this was all about showing WW2 from a new angle. Showing what the war was like. And I hope that only pertains to the campaign, then. Because we did sent millions of men out to die. Not willingly, either. And die they did. And I don't think it's fair to reconstruct that history (IF they are doing this) as if we also sent plenty of women or people with handicaps to the front. Because that's not the truth of it. We did select based on health, height, gender, who was going to die for the others. If they do want it to be informative, educational, or serious, then I may have a problem with how they do things.

But who knows. We haven't seen the final game, at all.

Indeed, they need to make their intentions clear.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

The way she's dressed omg what is the world coming to?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I knew as soon as I saw that screenshot with a woman with a gun the internet would be making a big deal out of it and people would be spouting loads of shit about SJW's and feminism.

Where as it just a game with a woman in it.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man:

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Dark_sageX said:

More garbage from EA, I wonder how they are gonna rip-off the suckers stupid enough to buy this game this time? pay for reloading a weapon? pay for ammo drop? pay to walk beyond a specific distance? pay for a bug fix?

EA stated that there won't be any season passes and no micro-transaction. But of course we shall see before it releases.

Its EA, They will find some way to **** it up

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Gatygun

@boycie:

@boycie said:

I knew as soon as I saw that screenshot with a woman with a gun the internet would be making a big deal out of it and people would be spouting loads of shit about SJW's and feminism.

As soon as i saw that trailer, i would know people would start to bitch at people bitching about valid complains.

Tada.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Pew pew pew pew pew! :3 <3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Gatygun said:

@boycie:

@boycie said:

As soon as i saw that trailer, i would know people would start to bitch at people bitching about valid complains.

Tada.

Which valid complaints?

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Gatygun
@boycie said:
@Gatygun said:

@boycie:

@boycie said:

Tada.

Which valid complaints?

U will figure it out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Gatygun said:
@boycie said:
@Gatygun said:

@boycie:

@boycie said:

Tada.

Which valid complaints?

U will figure it out.

Maybe we all will someday.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10602 Posts

@zaryia:

Who cares? It's typically going to be the same game across all platforms.