Battlefield is a 9 but where are all the other games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

It must be great for battlefield fans that their game got a 9 but let's be honest here.

Battlefield 1 isn't battlefield 1, it's battlefield 10, maybe even 11 or 12, I have lost the count. Yes here are new vehicles, yes it's a slightly different setting and slightly better graphics. But it's still a run of the mill shooter.

If somebody would make a movie with a dozen sequels, it would never hit the cinema, nor blue ray, not even tv, it would just be in a documentary decades from now where they talk about useless sequels. Not even the police academy series would have gone this far, after 6 they called it a day. Battlefield simply doubled it. Of course the movie business isn't held hostage by a handfull of companies like sony, microsoft and ea. New movies are made all the time, with games it's either big production sequel or low cost indie, with the occasional kickstarter in between.

I have to admit I'm somewhat guilty on the consumer level as well. I buy fifa every year and I spend way to much money on ultimate team. But let's face it, I do this for the same reason reviewers are giving this game a high score and people are buying this game... There's simply not much else,

It's like devs have gotten in a deep slumber and gave up on competition. Not realizing that the middle production budget is a viable opportunity for making money. Do you know it's been almost 6 years they released a boxing game, or a sport fighting game in general (besides ufc then). This in gaming... and of course this is not the only type of game that is just abandoned.

Of course ea was making the boxing games, now they make ufc, but where are devs that say oh, there a hole in the market here, no boxing games, karate games, kickboxing games, let's make one. It's the same with adventure games. Last gen we got games like dragon's dogma, kingdom of amulur, lord of the ring war in the north, dark souls. Yeah we stil got dark souls, but it has gotten the same sequel disease.

I just wonder, where are all the devs that would normally fill in this gaps, not to mention the ones that have some originalty.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Man it's a great game. It feels fresh for a BF game and they try a era in time no one else wants to try.

Also the game deserve the 9. You don't have to buy it also.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 commander

@speedfog said:

Man it's a great game. It feels fresh for a BF game and they try a era in time no one else wants to try.

I can understand that, Fifa 17 is a great game as well but the point is that all we have are pretty much these big franchises.

I played the battlefield beta btw and I quite liked it, I'm not going to buy it right away though, too much fifa now, but I'm probably going to buy it in a couple of months mainly for the campaign

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I was a COD4:MW MP fan for a few months until I got my hands on BFBC1, then I never looked back. Sure the series will never be as big as COD but I couldn't care less about that. I've enjoyed most BF games since, BFBC2, BF1943, BF3, didn't do much BF4 or BF: Hardliners but mainly because my close friends who I gamed most with last gen that we were always in a squad together don't have modern consoles.

I disagree with it being a generic shooter, the dynamics of the map sizes, vehicles, player classes, working together with a squad of friends instead of lone-wolfing it, it all makes it quite exceptional IMO. Though, as much as I love it, I've always been a bigger fan of objective based Rush mode over Conquest, while older BF players like Conquest more.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

BF1 doesn't just have slightly better graphics. It's Frostbite finally reaching it's full potential and making every other game engine it's bitch.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lamprey263

Anyhow, what do you mean by nothing else? Forza Horizon 3 just released. Gears of War 4. Titanfall 2 arriving shortly. Mafia 3 just released. Watch Dogs 2 is coming. There's your annual sport games like Madden, FIFA, NHL, NBA2K, etc. Rise of Tomb Raider and Last Guardian going to PS4, Dead Rising 4 on XB1. XCOM2 just released on consoles. COD Infinite Warfare coming. There's lots of fun to keep anybody busy. And, I dunno, eat a Snickers, you know you act like Mommy Dearest when you get hungry.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@lamprey263: Theyre saying nothing fresh is coming out. No must plays. Everything is, ahh, ill wait a month or two, no rush.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lamprey263

@iandizion713 said:

@lamprey263: Theyre saying nothing fresh is coming out. No must plays. Everything is, ahh, ill wait a month or two, no rush.

And I disagree. I mean, I'm holding off simply because I need to save money in the meantime but that's just my circumstances, otherwise I'd juggling both Gears of War 4 and Battlefield 1 right now and probably picking up Titanfall 2 day one. If people want to wait, I dunno, attack your backlist then.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@lamprey263: Thats what most are doing. Playing sports games and backlogs right now. Its pretty dry out here. Nothing fresh from what ive seen.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

People enjoy the game "but let's be honest here" I need to find some friends where I belong so we can combine our popular game hatred to form Voltron and here is a wall of text.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By commander

@pimphand_gamer said:

People enjoy the game "but let's be honest here" I need to find some friends where I belong so we can combine our popular game hatred to form Voltron and here is a wall of text.

If that's a wall of text your attention span is getting to dangerously low levels.

@iandizion713 said:

@lamprey263: Thats what most are doing. Playing sports games and backlogs right now. Its pretty dry out here. Nothing fresh from what ive seen.

See you understand what I'm saying , lamprey replied with ' what do you mean there's nothing out there?' and then he sums up a ton of sequels. There is indeed nothing fresh but it's much worse than that, some type of games are just completely abandoned and it's not because they're not popular or wouldn't sell. For some odd reason, there's no dev that fills in the gaps.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commander

@mems_1224 said:

BF1 doesn't just have slightly better graphics. It's Frostbite finally reaching it's full potential and making every other game engine it's bitch.

The witcher 3 looks a lot better, battlefield 1 is a nice looking game but as far as shooters go it isn't really that good. It's like remasterd crysis graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@commander: Sorry but you can't complain about no new fresh games, when you buy FIFA every year. So in the end you're contributing to this so called "problem" by purchasing yearly games like the rest of us.

Here's the difference though, i won't complain about it because i don't feel like it's a problem like you do, have a nice day :)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lamprey263

@commander: what gaps specifically you think need filling? I mean, if EA was still making Fight Night wouldn't you be griping about that too? Anyhow, great series from the time I played it, but I haven't touched it since Fight Night Round 3, something about canning EA Chicago and another studio taking it over, ditching the signature Total Punch Control, that didn't sit well with me

I personally wish a gap would be filled with what Motorstorm offered, there's nothing like it around, maybe closest thing in spirit would be Forza Horizon but that barely gets halfway there.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

Unfortunately advertising sells most games, and only generic games get advertising because the industry revolves around gigantic ass budget games.

That's why i've mainly been on PC lately since it still has healthy middle tier development. I worry about the Xbox and PS4 somedays though. I wonder if the masses will ever snap out of buying the 10th or 20th sequel to a game.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

@commander said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

If that's a wall of text your attention span is getting to dangerously low levels.

@iandizion713 said:

See you understand what I'm saying , lamprey replied with ' what do you mean there's nothing out there?' and then he sums up a ton of sequels. There is indeed nothing fresh but it's much worse than that, some type of games are just completely abandoned and it's not because they're not popular or wouldn't sell. For some odd reason, there's no dev that fills in the gaps.

It's because of high development cost.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

This would be fitting for a metacritic quote

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

How the **** do ppl like these games?

Seriously...I just got through playing for maybe 20 minutes: I died 5 or 6 times and 3 of them were from out of fucking no where with some jackoff camping at the edge of the flag. 1 was from behind, yes, but I was out in the open trying to destroy a truck so, ok...and only 1 was a straight up "battle of reflex and aim" and all that shit.

I get it...it's not Counter Strike or whatever game....but how the **** do ppl like being all into the game and the CABLAM!!!! you're dead.

It's so fucking beyond me.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Seriously...I just got through playing for maybe 20 minutes: I died 5 or 6 times and 3 of them were from out of fucking no where with some jackoff camping at the edge of the flag. 1 was from behind, yes, but I was out in the open trying to destroy a truck so, ok...and only 1 was a straight up "battle of reflex and aim" and all that shit.

I get it...it's not Counter Strike or whatever game....but how the **** do ppl like being all into the game and the CABLAM!!!! you're dead.

Map Knowledge is very important i find, don't get me wrong i still get shot in the back occasionally but once you know the maps inside out you'll know the best places to cap flags also were the enemy is most likely to be when capping a flag.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#20 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@commander: I guess you've never heard of James Bond?

It is by far not a run of the mill shooter. I've been playing my trial of it through EA access and the reason for the high scores is it does play better than a run of the mill shooter like COD.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
@iandizion713 said:

And I disagree. I mean, I'm holding off simply because I need to save money in the meantime but that's just my circumstances, otherwise I'd juggling both Gears of War 4 and Battlefield 1 right now and probably picking up Titanfall 2 day one. If people want to wait, I dunno, attack your backlist then.

Agreed. Furthermore, if this hobby isn't doing it for you anymore, nobody is going to miss you, is what I say to complainers.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@speedfog said:

I agree. The game feels entirely different from recent BF entries. Gone are the ways of all the tracking missiles and IR crap.

The game has balance issues, but I'm enjoying it a ton.

It'll be even better once they nerf snipers a bit, and re-adjust some of the guns so they are more in line.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#23  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

You need to improve your situational awareness. Pay attention to the map and look at what objectives are held by each side. That will give you an idea where enemies will be coming from. Also, pay attention to enemies that have been spotted by your team mates. Look at your surroundings and stay out of sight lines. Watch your flanks as well. Death is all around you. It is war.

Another good tip to keep you alive longer is to spawn away from the action. That way you can get a grasp of what is happening around you and then choose your approach accordingly.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By commander

@lamprey263 said:

@commander: what gaps specifically you think need filling? I mean, if EA was still making Fight Night wouldn't you be griping about that too? Anyhow, great series from the time I played it, but I haven't touched it since Fight Night Round 3, something about canning EA Chicago and another studio taking it over, ditching the signature Total Punch Control, that didn't sit well with me

I personally wish a gap would be filled with what Motorstorm offered, there's nothing like it around, maybe closest thing in spirit would be Forza Horizon but that barely gets halfway there.

Well it depends if ea would make a fight night that is good, fight night champion was really good, so was round 3, I didn't like round 4, but it is more than that. Ufc has gotten downhillsince 2009. Ufc 1 is an abomination, ufc 2 is a improved abomination. That's the problem when you got a monopoly like ea, if they screw up, there no one else that says, look here we got a much better game, buy this.

And maybe it's about the high dev cost like @brah4ever says but the games don't have to cost that much. Even if they make these games with last gen graphics and improved res, it would still sell, if the gameplay is good since there is nothing else. That's why I wonder where these devs have gone or why there aren't any new ones popping up. Look at a game like spartacus for instance, that wasn't really that big budget but it was a great game. Heck it doesn't even have to have an ip like spartacus, which would even make it cheaper.

It's more than just the sports fighting games, look at what we got in the previous gens and what we get this gen. As fas as rpg action goes, we had games like mass effect, dragon's dogma, kingdom of amulur , lord of the rings, dark souls. deus ex. Ok we got some sequels again but that's just the whole problem, it's all more of the same and the games that actually are in need for a sequel don't get one (i'm looking at you , reckoning, rotr, and dd). Deus ex only got one sequel ok, but is it good? hr wasn't really that good imo either but it at least it was a fresh game.

Sports fighting games and rpg action is far from the only games that are pretty much abandoned, it's only because these are my favourite games that I know a lot about them, what about co op adventure games, story shooters, or fresh ip's in general. Games like dead space, bioshock, crysis , borderlands, fable, we had tons of new ip in the past, now everyone seems to have left the building.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lamprey263

@commander: yeah, there was a lot more variety last gen but at the same time many failed for various reasons, that and many of the companies that made those games went out of business because nobody ever bought them, or at least not enough to cover the huge AAA gaming development costs

I remember loving Fight Night Round 3, and I remember EA Chicago bit the dust after their failure with the last Def Jam game, a big disappointment since I really loved the previous entries in the series. I remember back then there was a development manager, Scott Henshaw, and he was very hands on with the franchises helping them grow to be great series in his tenure there. He helped build series like SSX, Def Jam, I remember he was involved with Need For Speed Most Wanted, the one before the later Criterion game, which I loved. Anyhow, he got promoted up the ranks at EA and was less hands on with these studios, I mean good for him for all he did and he deserved it, but I think nobody could fill the gap he left there.

Visceral is an interesting story. I loved Dead Space, the entire series actually, from the first game, even the Wii rail shooter game, and the two main game sequels. I remember though two of the lead designers of the game left EA to go work at Activision. I don't think the studio was hung to dry without them. I remember that Dante's Inferno wasn't well received by many, I remember liking it quite a bit actually. I remember it got grief for being a God of War clone, and at the time I actually thought it did a decent job being a God of War clone. Anyhow, Dante's Inferno was a letdown both commercially and critically, though they made up for it with Dead Space 2, probably the most celebrated in the series. For some reason though, everybody got a stick up their ass with the third game and I don't quite understand because granted it's probably the weakest entry in the series, but it's still an excellent game. Gamers in general get really hostile over the littlest things. For Dead Space 3, it was the introduction of human enemies and a cover system, and a crafting system which used in game salvaged resources but could also be bypassed with micro-transactions (there's that nasty word). But in the end, it's still very much a Dead Space game worthy of the name. I feel though that cold reception was the series undoing, personally I blame hostile gamers who get unnecessarily combative over the most trivial things, and that's why Visceral is being passed around on various projects, from Battlefield: Hardline, and now they're working on some Star Wars game, and Amy Hennig who was a creative director at Naughty Dog has joined their ranks, so I hope for good things.

On the subject of hostile gamers who get upset over trivial things, and being you mentioned Crysis, there was another unfortunate casualty in the gaming world. And I'm not even one of those people who think it went to shit with Crysis 2. I liked it quite a bit, I'd dare say it was a big improvement over the previous games in gameplay design. I liked the better pacing, wasn't open world but so wasn't the original game, it was still open enough in many areas to provide tactical versatility. The gunplay felt great. On consoles, at least on the Xbox 360 where I played it, the game was a graphical powerhouse. I even really liked the online gameplay quite a bit. Of course, the game didn't stand a chance, the PC Master Race gaming community made sure of that. The game was well received critically, and deservedly so, but a game ain't worth shit without good word of mouth, and the eternally hateful PC gamers made sure to badmouth this game every chance they got. Never did get a chance to play Crysis 3 myself, though I wanted to. Unfortunately Crytek isn't much of a company anymore, Ryse took care of that. Another game, that when I finally got my hands on it, I was baffled by how much hate it got. I rather enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the Gladiator mode. This game certainly didn't get its fair shake. Gaming politics I imagine, being as it was an Xbox One exclusive at the peak of the anti-Xbox One sentiment.

I think western RPGs are still strong, but the Japanese market seems week on that end. Hopefully Nintendo Switch brings that genre back. I didn't much care for Deus Ex last gen, this latest one didn't interest me at all yet. I mean, I want a good cyberpunk game but I'm just not going to accept the only thing on the market in that regard. Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 does a much better job. I've heard good things about The Witcher 3, which I've yet to play, but CDPR is making that so hopefully they do a great job there too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@commander said:

yes it's a slightly different setting

Slightly ? O_o

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Operations mode is dope.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mr_Huggles_dog

@BassMan said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

You need to improve your situational awareness. Pay attention to the map and look at what objectives are held by each side. That will give you an idea where enemies will be coming from. Also, pay attention to enemies that have been spotted by your team mates. Look at your surroundings and stay out of sight lines. Watch your flanks as well. Death is all around you. It is war.

Another good tip to keep you alive longer is to spawn away from the action. That way you can get a grasp of what is happening around you and then choose your approach accordingly.

Dude this isn't some guy posting up 5ft from the flag.....I'm talking about getting sniped from really far away.

i don't care how good your graphics and situational awareness is...you're not going to see them against the same color terrain and buildings.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

BF1 blows and shows how out of touch the industry truly is. The flavor of the moment gamers love it and will move on just as fast (not all will, but most). I'm not giving up on the franchise, because it has had its ups and downs... but I hate seeing a game this bad (in my opinion) get such high undeserved scores. How anyone can truly say and believe that BF1 is better than BF3, BF4, or even BF Hardline is truly beyond me. However, I have beat this horse to death, and I truly am happy that some of you like it so much. I really am. Where as I don't get what the hype is (outside of WWI, which is fresh and had potential) since the game has dumbed down just about everything, slowed the game down to a snails pace, added invisible boundaries and ledges, etc. I'm glad that some of you got exactly what you were looking for.. just sucks for people like me that were looking for something else, and there is NOTHING out there for us.. and I mean nothing. Now I have to hope that Wildlands has traditional MP, but something tells me it will be more like The Division. I hope I am wrong, and WL's has TRUE 3rd person traditional MP game modes ON TOP of the open world. That would be amazing, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I have been burned the last couple of times now with placing hope in modern shooters... To all you that agree with the scores it has received and love BF1, cheers. Like I said before, I am happy for you. Now I just hope that something is released for me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#30  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: You can still see the glare from the sniper scope from a distance. It still comes down to situational awareness. If you are getting sniped, you are putting yourself out there to get shot. Need to make better use of cover and terrain. Try to blend into surroundings when moving. If there is not much cover between you and an objective, maybe it is best to take a vehicle instead of being exposed. If you know you are going to be exposed and don't have other options.... It is best to run in unpredictable zig-zags because it makes you a lot harder to shoot. Gotta play smart.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@BassMan said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Dude this isn't some guy posting up 5ft from the flag.....I'm talking about getting sniped from really far away.

i don't care how good your graphics and situational awareness is...you're not going to see them against the same color terrain and buildings.

That's Battlefield. Gotta stay in cover if you want to live. It's got some tactics to it. It's not just run in and shoot like CoD games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr_Huggles_dog

@DragonfireXZ95: @BassMan: I honestly don't see anyone hiding behind cover when I play.

I'll see ppl run across an open area easily...and I'll go right behind them and BAM!

This game gets annoying.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonfireXZ95

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@DragonfireXZ95: @BassMan: I honestly don't see anyone hiding behind cover when I play.

I'll see ppl run across an open area easily...and I'll go right behind them and BAM!

This game gets annoying.

Guess you just got unlucky. ;)

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_Huggles_dog

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

This game gets annoying.

It fucking sucks b/c I WANT to enjoy BF games.

It's right up my alley, but I just hate dying so much from out of no where.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

This game gets annoying.

It fucking sucks b/c I WANT to enjoy BF games.

It's right up my alley, but I just hate dying so much from out of no where.

Change how you play. If you are dying out of nowhere, you are probably out in the open asking everyone to shoot at you.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

High development cost pretty much killed mid tier game development.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 commander

@lamprey263:

I competely agree what you said about dead space 3, allthough when I look back I must say that dead space 3 has actually some improvements over the first 2 games, the space missions are much much better and some quests are just a masterpiece. I guess dead space 3 biggest problem was that it was too easy. I played it on hard and it never challenged me like the first two which made the game a bit more of an action game instead of survival horror and I think togehter with the microstransactions (which you actually don't need at all) gave the game a bad name.

But here's the thing, I really don't need another dead space but I could use another game from that same studio. The third installment wasn't too much, dead space still had room for improvement which actually showed in the space missions. There's enough room there to even go on with that type of game but not with the same story and characters.

I think piracy is still a big factor here as well but I don't blame devs for still releasing single player games for the pc, I mean the hardware on the consoles is just lacking, maybe the scorpio will change that for once and for all. Devs should really wake up and realize they need better anti piracy on the pc. It's something that crytek realized with crysis as well.

But the whole playing field has changed a lot since then, devs know that there is a lot of money to be made with multiplayer, free to play and so on, especially on mobile. The single player game may be dying out all together but it doesn't have to, all we need is a platform that is able to authenticate similar to what the xboxone and ps4 does. I know it sucks for people that want to play offline, but it's just something the industry needs at this time. In the meantime console devs can stick with the console, I know it's not the ideal situation but devs know this as well.

So either way you put it there's a hole in the market, it probably originated there because all those devs went to mobile market, free to play/pay to win systems on easy to develop games, because there's much more money to be made there with less risk. So development costs will also be a reason but like I said, the gameplay is still very important and a good game will sell, even if it doesn't have top notch graphics.

What I simply don't understand is that it is taking so long, maybe they are busy making these games or maybe everyone starting focussing on vr, either way I just hope it will be over soon.

As for cdpr, the witcher 3 is quite a good game, amazing graphics, good gameplay story and lore, it's way better than the witcher 2 imo, I never even liked the first two games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Willy105: what if I'm not. Bc I die from out of nowhere out and in the open.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lamprey263

@commander:

I think piracy is a huge factor, I agree, though I also think the used game market's growth last gen has drastically undercut publishers ability to gain revenue on games longer after they release. Hopefully shift toward a digital alternative on consoles helps. I think that's why big publishers with big franchises support expansion content to get further revenues. I think another factor that rarely gets talked about, the economy, with a shrinking consumer class with a tightening budget there's less and less expendable income for things like video games. There's less money to keep the industry propped.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#40 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I don't support yearly series (CoD, Assassins Creed, etc), so i'm doing my part. BF1, on the other hand, is a good example of a feature packed polished product. I support those.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@speedfog said:

I agree. The game feels entirely different from recent BF entries. Gone are the ways of all the tracking missiles and IR crap.

It'll be even better once they nerf snipers a bit, and re-adjust some of the guns so they are more in line.

Yeah, the multiplayer is great, but the singleplayer is just pure garbage. However, I do enjoy sniping in this game, its far more satisfying compared to previous battlefield games, I barely even played as a sniper in battlefield 4 while in battlefield 1 my most played class is the scout class. The Russian 1895 sniper lever action rifle is my favorite weapon in the game.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DragonfireXZ95

@thepclovingguy said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@speedfog said:

Yeah, the multiplayer is great, but the singleplayer is just pure garbage. However, I do enjoy sniping in this game, its far more satisfying compared to previous battlefield games, I barely even played as a sniper in battlefield 4 while in battlefield 1 my most played class is the scout class. The Russian 1895 sniper lever action rifle is my favorite weapon in the game.

It's just too easy to snipe. I am terrible at sniping, and I was able to land 6 kills right in a row on my first time playing scout. Just way too easy. Lol