Battlefield Hardline delayed to early 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SonicNextGen2
#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3592 posts) -

Sauce

Huh, knowing EA and the fact the game seemed similar to BF4, this is genuinely surprising.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#2 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

lol they knew it would flop hard if they released this year. I was in the beta and it was nothing but a re-skinned crappier version of BF4.

Avatar image for Wasdie
#4 Edited by Wasdie (53522 posts) -

That's quite shocking. EA is actually going to go a year without a new modern military shooter to milk that audience.

The month long delay of Dragon Age was probably more to do with the fact that October is stupidly packed with games and they really want it to stand out.

I guess Titanfall was enough for them this year. Maybe they are starting to take a serious look at their schedules for games and finally addressing their poor QA they've had from all of the rushing.

Avatar image for deadline-zero0
#5 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

That's surprising, but good.

Honestly, i can't believe BF managed to be the most boring looking shooter of this season. I'm not that excited for Destiny, Evolve or Advance Warfare, but i'd take any of them over Hardline from what i've seen. I'd actually put the Master Chief collection of top of all of them, if it had a PC version aswell.

Oh, adn Inquistion delayed too? Lol

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#6 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

Pre order now!

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#7 Posted by adamosmaki (10579 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

That's quite shocking. EA is actually going to go a year without a new modern military shooter to milk that audience.

The month long delay of Dragon Age was probably more to do with the fact that October is stupidly packed with games and they really want it to stand out.

I guess Titanfall was enough for them this year. Maybe they are starting to take a serious look at their schedules for games and finally addressing their poor QA they've had from all of the rushing.

Probably another BF4 launch would be to big of backlash

Avatar image for Wasdie
#8 Posted by Wasdie (53522 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@Wasdie said:

That's quite shocking. EA is actually going to go a year without a new modern military shooter to milk that audience.

The month long delay of Dragon Age was probably more to do with the fact that October is stupidly packed with games and they really want it to stand out.

I guess Titanfall was enough for them this year. Maybe they are starting to take a serious look at their schedules for games and finally addressing their poor QA they've had from all of the rushing.

Probably another BF4 launch would be to big of backlash

I don't know if the technical of Hardline would have been as poor as BF4 since they use the same engine. They've made a lot of improvements to BF4's netcode and I'm sure the Frostbite engine has had numerous upgrades to compensate for that.

It's more that Hardline really looked and played like a reskinned BF4 with some subtle changes and a new game mode. That's not good. If the game is really going to be sold for $60 they need to make it look and feel like a new game.

Avatar image for gameofthering
#9 Posted by gameofthering (11141 posts) -

Wonder what the reason is.

  • Low pre-order numbers compared to BF4?
  • Game is broken and needs delayed?
  • Too many games releasing around Hardline?

Avatar image for RoccoHout
#10 Edited by RoccoHout (1077 posts) -

Well, atleast they have the chance to make the game better and feel more ''new''. Seems they also want to avoid another disastrous launch *wink *BF4 *wink*.

Avatar image for anderswhk
#11 Posted by anderswhk (129 posts) -

I played the beta. I was not impressed. It's basiscally cops and robbers with some weird game modes mixed in. Nothing to do with Battlefield, at all.

Avatar image for faizan_faizan
#12 Posted by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

Pre-orders started getting cancelling?

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#13 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

**** EA! **** this Game! And **** them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#14 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12935 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

**** EA! **** this Game! And **** them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

Stay classy.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#15 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

This game is going places, not good places, but places.

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#16 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

**** EA! **** this Game! And **** them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

Stay classy.

Avatar image for Alucard_Prime
#17 Posted by Alucard_Prime (9258 posts) -

This is good news for me, as a big BF fan I was getting this day 1 but with so many other games being released this year, I would have been pressed for time to play this. Also, it is a mostly a multiplayer game and those kind can always benefit from extra polish time, better be safe than sorry considering the rocky launch of BF4.

Speaking of BF4, I'm just recently starting to play it more, for various reasons I had not played it too much since launch, other games stole my time and the game certainly had its issues the first weeks or months of release(I played BF3 so much also, I was taking a break from BF)..... but I gotta say I am having a super time with it now, it's a superb game that seems to have a lot of new ideas , I love the focus on squad bonuses, the levels are great, and having played more of the maps I gotta say this game is light years beyong BF3 from last gen, it's really not just a small technical upgrade, but some things are more noticeable after you play for a while.....I cannot believe how some people were saying the graphical upgrade was small, and the next gen difference was not big.......anyways, glad to hear this!

Avatar image for lostrib
#18 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

This game is going places, not good places, but places.

hopefully straight to the garbage

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#19 Posted by finalstar2007 (27942 posts) -

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

Avatar image for system-reboot
#20 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

Like anyone care about this mediocre piece of trash? and im shocked that they delay it. i thought they are going to yearly iteration root this year hardline and next year BF5.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#21 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

They learned something? Not to release before ready? wow....

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#22 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12935 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

You had credibility until you mentioned advanced warfare.

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#23 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29703 posts) -

This can only be a good thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#24 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

You had credibility until you mentioned advanced warfare.

No he didn't, it's finalstar

Avatar image for Ribnarak
#25 Posted by Ribnarak (2299 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

You had credibility until you mentioned advanced warfare.

i usually hate on cod but it will be better than hardline.

i dont think anyone wants a battlefield that is a cops and robbers game lol.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#26 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

huzzah, they managed to realize not to release a broken game

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#27 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12935 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

huzzah, they managed to realize not to release a broken game

*Game comes out in 2015*

*Even more broken than Battlefield 4*

Avatar image for Zaibach
#28 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

I guess they too have been playing the Destiny beta

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#29 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (1269 posts) -

Good. Finish the damn game before you release it.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#30 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

No Need for Speed and no Battlefield for 2014.

GG EA.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#31 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

huzzah, they managed to realize not to release a broken game

*Game comes out in 2015*

*Even more broken than Battlefield 4*

well you never know, they can still **** up

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#32 Posted by drummerdave9099 (3537 posts) -

dun dun dunnnnnn

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#33 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

from playing the beta they need to delay it by 1 year i think, it just doesnt feel different enough to be a game on its own, more like a bf4 expansion pack. also gameplay sucks ass

Avatar image for Ghost120x
#34 Posted by Ghost120x (5269 posts) -

It's still a day one not buy for me. It plays too much like Bf4, and I just can't bring myself to buy a game that came out last year all over again for $60.

Avatar image for Mr-Kutaragi
#35 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (2466 posts) -

Will they add more map and content?

Avatar image for commonfate
#36 Edited by commonfate (13320 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

**** EA! **** this Game! And **** them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

Avatar image for sukraj
#37 Posted by sukraj (27617 posts) -

I wasn't going to buy it anyway.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#38 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9590 posts) -

This is surprising because now they are going to have 2 Battlefield games in 2015 unless the next one gets delayed, too.

Avatar image for roler42
#39 Edited by Roler42 (1067 posts) -

Did EA seriously just learned that trying to beat Call of Duty to the release date isn't worth another backlash?

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#40 Posted by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

Remind me, why does this game exist?

Avatar image for RageQuit4Life
#42 Posted by RageQuit4Life (527 posts) -

I don't care.

Avatar image for jer_1
#43 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Remind me, why does this game exist?

Because suckers...

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#44 Posted by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Remind me, why does this game exist?

Because suckers...

Most likely, I love battlefield as much as the next person but I will not be buying into hardline.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#45 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (25771 posts) -

Damn and they had yet another chance to release a broken product only to apologize for it next year when they sell us the next one.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#46 Edited by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

Wonder what the reason is.

  • Low pre-order numbers compared to BF4?
  • Game is broken and needs delayed?
  • Too many games releasing around Hardline?

Avatar image for Heil68
#47 Posted by Heil68 (57960 posts) -

Wont help the outcome though.

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#48 Posted by wolverine4262 (20831 posts) -

@finalstar2007:

As a big fan of Bungie, what did you think when they showed off the Halo 3 announcement trailer? That was pretty sweet, right?

Avatar image for lawlessx
#49 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

wow..they're actually willing to skip a Q4 release?

Avatar image for sam890
#50 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

It should be delayed indefinitely, EA needs to go back to the drawing table. I don't like year to year releases(CoD is trash) it takes time to create a masterpiece.