Battlefield 5, one of the best FPS going down the drain due to political crisis and extreme deadlines by EA...?

• 118 results
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#51 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

Fallout 76 and now Battlefield 5 both getting bad reviews. November seems like a failed month in gaming.

81 on Metacritic for PC as of this posting.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BassMan

@ocinom said:

This game is early access at best. Don’t know why people defend this incomplete trash

It may not be as refined or polished as it will be in the future, but what issues are you having that makes you compare it to an early access game? For me, my biggest issues are with the user interface/menus. They are not well though out and need work. Also, the medic class weapons need a buff. Haven't had any major issues with gameplay and I am approaching 50 hours played.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@BassMan: what about the user ratings? They look pretty bad.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BassMan

@watercrack445 said:

Clowns with bullshit agendas.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Tried the beta zero interest in buying the game after that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46266 Posts
@watercrack445 said:

Senseless hate after the original reveal trailer.

Most of the community seems quite positive (from what I gather from forums and social media). But the game does have issues, DICE will tackle those in patches and upcoming updates.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@vaidream45: Nice you have an opinion and all, but there's no robotic arms. There never was. It was an artistic rendition of a prosthetic limbs, and even that didn't make it in the game.

Mind you, if a robotic arm is going to put you off a video game, you might find your future gaming options somewhat limited.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

The game immersion is quite ruined with female screams

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@ivangrozny said:

Perfect response LMAO.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts

I’m not touching this game not because of the supposed SJW agenda but because it’s just not that fun. Had my time in the beta and it bored me to tears. It’s the most boring BF game I’ve ever played. I heard they made some changes to the final game but I don’t trust EA and DICE to deliver worthwhile changes after I saw the shit they did with Battlefront 2 from beta to final game. I’ll just skip this game altogether and wait for the inevitable next BF game, hopefully it’s good.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

@ellos said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@ivangrozny said:

Perfect response LMAO.

Did you guys even buy the game or you just doing your SJW watch patrol?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#62  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@BassMan said:
@watercrack445 said:

Fallout 76 and now Battlefield 5 both getting bad reviews. November seems like a failed month in gaming.

Yeah I actually think they made good gameplay adjustments to the way they did things in BF1. Plus, they did do away with the premium pass, and no lootboxes.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@BassMan said:
@watercrack445 said:

But I thought it was the devs who had the agenda...the irony here is...is wow.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

What's the deal in this game with no hair options for customization? Not even beards or crew cuts, just a bunch of monks running around fighting. They have hair in the damn menu options, why can't I have hair!

I know it's a petty thing to complain about but it seems like such a strange decision to cut them all for launch when options clearly existed as far back as alpha footage.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@KungfuKitten: if EA is involved they will find a way too sneak in micro transactions, they promised battlefront 2 wouuldnt have them as well

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@ivangrozny: I’ve posted screenshots of me playing with DXR (ray tracing) on, so yes, I have the game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan: I have to say man: I'm enjoying this game a ton more since they included seperate playlists for Breakthrough and Frontlines.

Have you tried raytracing yet in Battlefield V ? :D

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@jeezers: You can only buy cosmetic items. There's no loot boxes, there's no pay to win....and it's the best bf since BF4, and in many ways it's better.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BassMan

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@BassMan said:
@watercrack445 said:

But I thought it was the devs who had the agenda...the irony here is...is wow.

Yes, we discussed this to great lengths when the initial reveal trailer landed. Thankfully, the final game has been toned down substantially. No prosthetic arms, silly clothing, and I still don't like the inclusion of the women in terms of historical accuracy. However, the final inclusion of them has been handled pretty well as not much attention is being drawn to them and they blend in like the other soldiers for the most part. I will give credit to EA for making the necessary adjustments based on feedback. I enjoyed the beta, but it definitely had flaws and lacked polish. There has already been big improvements since then. So, putting any agendas or bias aside and judging the game for what it is, people will see the game is good and will only get better as time goes on.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BassMan

@R4gn4r0k said:

@BassMan: I have to say man: I'm enjoying this game a ton more since they included seperate playlists for Breakthrough and Frontlines.

Have you tried raytracing yet in Battlefield V ? :D

Yeah, ray tracing looks great, but it runs like shit. Good for taking some bullshots, but I wouldn't play the game like that. It is a write off.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@BassMan said:
@watercrack445 said:

System Wars dude, 81 is a garbage level game (apparently)

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

Is it me, or does bfv have some of the best hit detection in recent fps games?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BassMan

@ermacness said:

It definitely feels good. There is good visual and audio feedback when landing hits and I don't feel like I am missing shots without poor aiming.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#74 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@BassMan said:
@ermacness said:

It definitely feels good. There is good visual and audio feedback when landing hits and I don't feel like I am missing shots without poor aiming.

the only thing i've noticed is that sometimes it feels like when someone shoots you with an automatic weapon, all the shots register at once and you seem to die instantly (sometimes this is from headshots, but sometimes I die seemingly instantly from body shots as well)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 BassMan

@with_teeth26 said:
@BassMan said:
@ermacness said:

the only thing i've noticed is that sometimes it feels like when someone shoots you with an automatic weapon, all the shots register at once and you seem to die instantly (sometimes this is from headshots, but sometimes I die seemingly instantly from body shots as well)

Sometimes it feels off in terms of how you died exactly. Hopefully they get that sorted out. This usually happens when getting shot from a distance. I find the close up encounters where you see the enemy fair. The firefights I lose, the other person usually has the jump on me or a superior weapon.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 R4gn4r0k

Yeah when on the receiving end, I've had instances where I seemed to just get several bullets all at once.

But when on the giving end ... oh my god, so good. The gunplay in this game is just so damn good.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

I heard we were bashing EA in here!

“EA killed my grandparents! They should all die in a fire!”

Am I doing it right?

Freaking sheep (not the fanboy group)....

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By KungfuKitten

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah when on the receiving end, I've had instances where I seemed to just get several bullets all at once.

But when on the giving end ... oh my god, so good. The gunplay in this game is just so damn good.

Yes I have this in most BF games. You always go down in 1/2/3 shots and sometimes you have to hit people like 10 times. It's like everyone is a master at head-shotting except for me but I think it's the way they solve for lost time between communicating to the server and back. It can feel frustrating. I'm getting way less kills in this BF game anyway. Maybe just takes some getting used to. Luckily it's not 100% about getting kills.

Could also be due to the weapons I'm using. I was trying to get every weapon to 5 before picking favorites, but there are enormous differences in how well I play with different rifles.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Battlefield 2 how I miss you.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

This is going to be the first Battlefield I skip.

I'm dead tired of WW2 shooters, especially another shooter centered on the European front.

BF5 should have either just gone back to modern times or go future setting like BF2142.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#81 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

@KungfuKitten: I don't know what it is you are reading or watching, but it's very obviously trying to make you think you are the enemy of some sort of fake war. You should probably stay far away from that manipulative stuff. Normal people don't think that way. You are not being persecuted for being a man, you are not getting anything taken away from you. Nothing about BFV is extremist, or whatever it is the stuff you have been reading tries to consider to be extremist. It's very obviously poisoning the way you look at stuff, when you suddenly start talking about extremism and racism in a sandbox soldier and war vehicle game where you can now play as females for the first time.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@Willy105 said:

@KungfuKitten: I don't know what it is you are reading or watching, but it's very obviously trying to make you think you are the enemy of some sort of fake war. You should probably stay far away from that manipulative stuff. Normal people don't think that way. You are not being persecuted for being a man, you are not getting anything taken away from you. Nothing about BFV is extremist, or whatever it is the stuff you have been reading tries to consider to be extremist. It's very obviously poisoning the way you look at stuff, when you suddenly start talking about extremism and racism in a sandbox soldier and war vehicle game where you can now play as females for the first time.

That's cute, just like what someone would say if you're in ReeeeeeeeeeSetERA.

What's defined as a normal person?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By KungfuKitten

@Willy105 said:

I do really appreciate your concern. I do tend to dive a little too deep into these things and forget how to breathe. And I don't want to seem like I 'know it all' I'm probably wrong about most of this. In my mind that's what it means to be human; it's to be wrong about most things. I've been marked as the enemy on some forums where I tried to speak my mind out of concern, and I wasn't even being rude about it. I don't think there is a war but it's a trend of manipulation and accusation. Of prejudice and discrimination from people who claim to be vehemently against such things. Which has spread quite wide, too wide for what it is. It's polarizing, and I can see it lead to bad things.

It's not only the US forums, social media and services, or the media itself and US universities. I've also seen an instance of it in the UK parliament, Australian media, in my own country concerning tv programs, one university and types of candy, and in Sweden they are heavily impacting the language that people are allowed to use in their grace. It's something that should be intellectually challenged. It's a mistake to let the people get a foothold with these types of manipulative tactics and paranoid worldviews, especially concerning law and university, and trusted news sites.

I kind of want to suggest the opposite of a war. That it's not all about politics and race and sex, and that there isn't a war between men and women or even the left and the right and I hope there will never be. And that men generally speaking do not hate women or want them to be wronged. It's not like the people in the world think in terms of being men and women first. We tend to be people first, maybe religious second. I doubt that - exceptions are always there - the average person would think along the lines of: "well I have a dingdong so I better make sure that other strangers who have dingdongs will have the final say in things because that's good for me..?" I mean those people with dingdongs don't necessarily think the same way at all. That would be a terrible idea. It's not like dingdongs define us. Like that study showed with the anonymous resumes, people generally like to be around women and will hire them above others even if their resumes look worse.

But what I don't get is companies trying to push ideologies down our throats and acting like we are terrible if we don't accept it. That has never sold well. Bible games don't sell well. Aside from the ethical problems I have with emotional manipulation, it just doesn't make business sense to me to insult most of humanity while trying to sell them a product.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 R4gn4r0k
@KungfuKitten said:

Yes I have this in most BF games. You always go down in 1/2/3 shots and sometimes you have to hit people like 10 times. It's like everyone is a master at head-shotting except for me but I think it's the way they solve for lost time between communicating to the server and back. It can feel frustrating. I'm getting way less kills in this BF game anyway. Maybe just takes some getting used to. Luckily it's not 100% about getting kills.

Could also be due to the weapons I'm using. I was trying to get every weapon to 5 before picking favorites, but there are enormous differences in how well I play with different rifles.

What I'm trying to do is split my weapons between German and British loadouts, to what soldiers would and could've used at the time:

So for example a German medic would have an MP40, Luger pistol and a shovel.

And a British support would have a Bren, M1911 and a knife.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KungfuKitten

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah that's a cool idea. I might do that, too.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

The game is phenomenal. Especially the gunplay; it's just outstanding. DICE is stretched thin having to do the Battlefront games on top of it. EA really screws the pooch on many of these things, since they mandate early release times.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DragonfireXZ95
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

How is it going down the drain when it is going to keep getting better? DICE is very good at supporting the BF games after release. They actually do listen to the community and make necessary changes. It may not be the most complete package right now, but BFV has a solid foundation. I have played over 40 hours and I am still loving it.

True, a lot of the hate comes from people that only seen the original reveal trailer.

People are way too quick to write off games these days.

Is BF V perfect ? No, but then it doesn't need to be. Battlefield 1 improved a lot during its lifetime, so will Battlefield V.

not really.

its getting overwhelmingly negative user reviews

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/battlefield-v

almost as same as battlefront 2. DICE only knows how to make engine. not game itself.

Hahahaha. Have you read the negative reviews? Almost all of them are pissing their pants over "SJW" issues.

Most of them don't even talk about the game much; just try to light a fire under the fictional parts of a video game.

Besides, you really can't rate anything, ghost. When was the last time you have even played a multiplayer game?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 R4gn4r0k
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Hahahaha. Have you read the negative reviews? Almost all of them are pissing their pants over "SJW" issues.

Most of them don't even talk about the game much; just try to light a fire under the fictional parts of a video game.

Besides, you really can't rate anything, ghost. When was the last time you have even played a multiplayer game?

Reminds me of the review bombing people did with Company of Heroes 2, where it got massively downvoted by Russian people (trolls).

Russian people got pissed off because the history in that game wasn't presented from their point of view, but instead from a western point of view.

It seems like people can't understand that videogames are indeed... videogames.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#89  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Most of the political shit was bolstered by an agenda driven E3 and a bad reveal that looked more like Fortnite.

The SP itself, as expected it just a total waste of millions of dollars like it's been for the last several Battlefield games. Imagine how many children's lives in broken states could have been saved with that money. Probably 4 or 5.

In MP you're barely going to see character models, and you can just mute the voices if you really hate woman.

-

If you can't make quality SP content, don't bother. Kewl-kewl mocap with dickheads dressed like they are Tron is not a substitute for engaging gameplay.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DragonfireXZ95
@uninspiredcup said:

Most of the political shit was bolstered by an agenda driven E3 and a bad reveal that looked more like Fortnite.

The SP itself, as expected it just a total waste of millions of dollars like it's been for the last several Battlefield games. Imagine how many children's lives in broken states could have been saved with that money. Probably 4 or 5.

In MP you're barely going to see character models, and you can just mute the voices if you really hate woman.

-

If you can't make quality SP content, don't bother. Kewl-kewl mocap with dickheads dressed like they are Tron is not a substitute for engaging gameplay.

That's not how Battlefield works. It was founded on MP, and it will always be MP focused. SP is just an afterthought to them. And, if the MP is solid, then no one cares. Not everyone wants just single player games, you know.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#91 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

-

That's not how Battlefield works. It was founded on MP, and it will always be MP focused. SP is just an afterthought to them. And, if the MP is solid, then no one cares. Not everyone wants just single player games, you know.

I think you might have quoted the wrong person.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#92 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

then why waste money on SP? SP exist so it definitely count because its AAA 60 bucks game. make 15 bucks MP only game and everything is fine.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DragonfireXZ95
@ghosts4ever said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

then why waste money on SP? SP exist so it definitely count because its AAA 60 bucks game. make 15 bucks MP only game and everything is fine.

Some people like the single player? It's not a bad single player. It's not great, obviously, but it's not that bad, either. I'd put it at Wolfenstein 2 level, which was only SP, and it was severely mediocre.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#94 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Some people like the single player? It's not a bad single player. It's not great, obviously, but it's not that bad, either. I'd put it at Wolfenstein 2 level, which was only SP, and it was severely mediocre.

lol wolfenstein 2. one of the worst FPS ever made. any game put in same sentence is crap.

battlefield SP (or DICE games in general) has always been crap. COD SP used to be good. now no longer.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Willy105
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Willy105 said:

That's cute, just like what someone would say if you're in ReeeeeeeeeeSetERA.

What's defined as a normal person?

Someone who doesn't get scared their history is being erased because white men are not on the cover of a WW2 game.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FireEmblem_Man

@Willy105: or maybe EA did a shitty job marketing Battlefield V? If it were a Bad Company, people wouldn't complain. Why are you into Identity Politics?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Willy105

@FireEmblem_Man: Well, for one, I didn't bring up the identity politics. Identity politics are toxic, as one can see from this thread. You sure seem to enjoy them though.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 FireEmblem_Man

@Willy105: nope, Identity politics belong to resetERA, which is even more toxic

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Willy105
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Willy105: nope, Identity politics belong to resetERA, which is even more toxic

You keep bringing up that forum a lot. You seem to read it a lot, why not just stay there? Besides, Resetera is usually considered a leftist forum, while identity politics are more of a conservative/Republican political tactic.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I miss BF2