Battlefield 4 - Review 8.0 - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Really tempted to upgrade my GPU for the MP. Single Player runs maxed out at 60 almost constant so far but the MP is gonna be another story completely and because the game looks so good I wanna be playing on higher settings. Normally I play on all low in MP just to get near 144 fps for my monitor

crossfire 290x :P

#252 Edited by Masculus (2878 posts) -

There used to be more enthusiasm when a big game like BF4 landed. This place is barren. Where's everybody?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#253 Edited by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Really tempted to upgrade my GPU for the MP. Single Player runs maxed out at 60 almost constant so far but the MP is gonna be another story completely and because the game looks so good I wanna be playing on higher settings. Normally I play on all low in MP just to get near 144 fps for my monitor

crossfire 290x :P

For a combined 180 degrees inside my case? no fvcking thanks lol

#254 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Shamelessly stolen from GAF, this game looks sooooo good. I'm impressed by the new particles, brings the environment to life

#255 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

MP is running better for me tbh, solid 60fps @ Ultra 4xMSAA and 1080p (Vsync on). I've had a few dips in single player though.

Dat 144hz monitor though /jelly

#256 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Masculus said:

There used to be more enthusiasm when a big game like BF4 landed. This place is barren. Where's everybody?

the only people with a decent version are PC gamers. The consolites are just arguing about whose graphics are second place

#257 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

MP is running better for me tbh, solid 60fps @ Ultra 4xMSAA and 1080p (Vsync on). I've had a few dips in single player though.

what GPU?

#258 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

144Hz is fricken awesome for MP FPS games. It's so damn silky smooth. Then again I went from a 60Hz TV to it so the difference was huge.

#259 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@Masculus said:

Blame the site redesign. The place is barren in general now

#260 Posted by with_teeth26 (8224 posts) -

The game runs amazing for me with a 670 FTW, on ultra with 2xAA and effects on high, never seen it go below 60. Frustratingly though I have been having issues with the game crashing in multiplayer, particularly when the server is changing maps, and it seems I am not alone. Many servers are also having issues with rubber banding. Dice posted some really unhelpful tips for people to try out on the Battlelog home page so at least they are aware of the issue.

I think the default maps are much better than the ones BF3 shipped with so far, only map I don't like based on first impressions is Locker. Hit detection and lag seems highly variable between servers, i've had some amazing games and some really frustrating ones.

Hopefully the issues get ironed out over the next couple weeks.

For some laughs I recorded a video of the game before I updated to the new drivers because the colorful artifacting was so crazy

Loading Video...

#261 Posted by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -

Graphics>>>>gameplay

#262 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:

Graphics>>>>gameplay

duh

#263 Edited by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -

Performance is not a problem, kinda surprised it runs so well on some maps (ultra is smooth for me). Flood Zone is very nice visually before and after it floods. I have actually been playing Rush more than Conquest for no particular reason, I generally don't like Rush and my opinion hasn't changed much. Some maps do it better than other. They do seem to give attackers a good advantage early on, e.g. golmud railway attackers get two tanks and defenders have nothing for the first two MCOMS. then it changes to the reverse.

Server crashes are frequent though and very disappointing. Hopefully some patches get it working better in a few days.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
#264 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1541 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

This was the most impressive part of the campaign (graphically -are there other elements to praise? lol-). Seriously, the storm, the rain and the wind blowing, stunning.

#265 Posted by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: You should wait for GTX780Ti. It will be faster than Titan.

#266 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

For me, it´s the best Battlefield to date. In MP, it´s a mix of BF3 and BC2. They finally fixed Sniper Rifles. Now, the scope doesn´t glare like a light house giving away your position, but blinks only slightly. I had to force my eyes to see it. And finally, I can one shot people with a sniper, like in BC2. Last night I made 16 kills vs 2 deaths :D.

SNIPING is back.

Graphically, the game looks amazing in SP, and not so much in MP. MP has all kind of glitches that ruin the immersion like textures popins, physic bugs, strange destructions. For example, I found a small hole in the wall and looking through it textures were blinked like crazy. Or a tree fell over the tank, desappeard in the air, and the next moment appeared under the tank.

Lag in MP is abnormal too.

Interface to customize your soldier is god damn awfully big. No. HUGE. Thanks god I can customize my character offline in the web browser.

Maps are fucking great, if we oversee all those physics and destruction problems.

Missile launchers now do less damage to vehicles : (. At least, it seems like this. But missile launchers have scopes again, making them quite useful vs helicopters again. I easily targeted a helicopter with it in some round :D

Maps allow multiple approaches, leaving a lot of space for manoevres without being too big. It´s a good middle between BF2 size and BC2-focus on infantry combat.

SNIPING is back, people. **** YES.

Getting very good performance

on

i5 4670k

GTX780

8GB

Like over 60fps easily on Ultra at 1080p. It makes me doubt if that all Mantle stuff is real.

Does someone knows how to make shadowplay work with Origin games. It doesn´t detect alt+f9 in Origin games : (

#267 Posted by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -

>performance is not a problem

@lostrib said:

@Jebus213 said:

Graphics>>>>gameplay

duh

I'm sorry, let me change that.

Graphics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Framerate>>>>>>>>>>>>>gameplay

#268 Posted by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -

@Wasdie:

Yeah, uh huh....

#269 Posted by Puckhog04 (22814 posts) -

I figured it would be a passable game.

#270 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

I was about to buy this game for PC but then i saw the ultimate milkage from EA...release the half game then sell rest of the game in different expensive editions/DLC/premium/day one already 4expansion map packs? whatever. Have to pay over 100for the full thing? hell nooo

#271 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

I was about to buy this game for PC but then i saw the ultimate milkage from EA...release the half game then sell rest of the game in different expensive editions/DLC/premium/day one already 4expansion map packs? whatever. Have to pay over 100for the full thing? hell nooo

Um Battlefield has always had expansions, we just call them DLC now

#272 Posted by Wasdie (53437 posts) -
@aroxx_ab said:

There was no day one expansion. You get 10 maps with a bunch of variations for game modes, like 50 different guns, new single player campaign, and a lot of stuff to unlock. It's a pretty complete game.

Over the next year they'll be more than doubling the original content with 5 map packs each with 4 maps and a bunch of weapons, vehicles, and some new game modes.

#273 Posted by Tessellation (8998 posts) -

@danabo said:

@I_can_haz said:

@danabo: lol you're still in denial. DF even mentioned the steadier framerate of the PS4 in their analysis. They mentioned the PS4 is always ahead by 2-4 fps on average and higher by a lot more in heavy sequences like the exploding canister in Baku.

Keep on damage controlling though, it's hilarious to watch you make a fool of yourself.

@danabo said:

@Gue1 said:

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@danabo:

Your denial and butthurt is strong.

900p better effects and framerate >>>> 720p with jaggies and frame drops.

if that's true, frame drops are no bueno for a game that is played mostly online

and they are pretty crazy drops. PS4 version is always ahead by 10-20 frames.

Apart from when it's not, of course.

But keep doctoring those images!

Massively OWNED,but yeah bandodgers always get owned easily.

#274 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

I see Jebus is still his typical idiot self

#275 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -
@seanmcloughlin said:

He's pretty damn persistent in his whining about newer BF installments... been going on for 2 years already.

Just let it go, man... if the new games bother you so much, stick to BF2, and pretend they never happened...

#276 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

He's pretty damn persistent in his whining about newer BF installments... been going on for 2 years already.

Just let it go, man... if the new games bother you so much, stick to BF2, and pretend they never happened...

half the time i don't even know what he's trying to say. It's like he's having a stroke

#277 Edited by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

half the time i don't even know what he's trying to say. It's like he's having a stroke

that could apply to 80% of this website

#278 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@lostrib said:

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

that could apply to 80% of this website

Also, yes

#279 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

He's saying nothing, really. Just one of those "teh hardcorz" keeping in touch with the industry just to whine about everything.

#280 Posted by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@lostrib said:

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

He's saying nothing, really. Just one of those "teh hardcorz" keeping in touch with the industry just to whine about everything.

Wow you guys just backed up some of the things I said earlier in this thread.

Thank you.

#281 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:

@NameIess_One said:

@lostrib said:

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

Thank you.

you said stuff earlier in the thread?

#282 Edited by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

if the new games bother you so much, stick to BF2, and pretend they never happened...

That game is shit too.

#283 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:

@NameIess_One said:

if the new games bother you so much, stick to BF2, and pretend they never happened...

That game is shit too.

if you say so...

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#284 Posted by princeofshapeir (16587 posts) -

Matchmaking never seems to work very well for me, half the time it comes up with an error.

#285 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:

@NameIess_One said:

@lostrib said:

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

Thank you.

Such as?

#286 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

Matchmaking never seems to work very well for me, half the time it comes up with an error.

matchmaking? just use the server browser

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#287 Posted by princeofshapeir (16587 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princeofshapeir said:

matchmaking? just use the server browser

Sometimes I just wanna get into a quick TDM with minimal effort :\

#288 Posted by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

BF4 is a clusterfuck launch. One of the worst game launches I've seen. I'm not joking when I say that. Here's what I've either experienced myself or read about all over the forums.

• Sound drops out
  • Disconnections from servers
  • Rubber band lag (an extreme form of lag usually due to packet loss)
  • Complete computer lockups
  • Server filters don't work right
  • Server queues non existant despite players telling them back in BF3 that they were needed
  • Some people experiencing inexplicably poor performance even on low settings with high-end specs
  • Microstuttering
  • Infinite load loops

I'm sure there's more I've missed. These are the major issues. There's also a bunch of bugs with the game from animation to interface.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#289 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

I miss mod support.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
#290 Edited by EnviousEyezOnMe (272 posts) -

Not sure if you guys care to see this, but it's a BF showdown stream, between US and EU on X1

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/showdown

#291 Edited by with_teeth26 (8224 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

BF4 is a clusterfuck launch. One of the worst game launches I've seen. I'm not joking when I say that. Here's what I've either experienced myself or read about all over the forums.

• Sound drops out
  • Server queues non existant despite players telling them back in BF3 that they were needed
  • Some people experiencing inexplicably poor performance even on low settings with high-end specs
  • Microstuttering
  • Infinite load loops

I'm sure there's more I've missed. These are the major issues. There's also a bunch of bugs with the game from animation to interface.

There have been much worse launches, even this year. Rome 2 is a good example.

While I have experienced the first four issues on that list, they occur infrequently and everyone I know who plays the game has had similar experiences.

#292 Posted by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

@-Unreal- said:

• Sound drops out
  • Microstuttering
  • Infinite load loops

There have been much worse launches, even this year. Rome 2 is a good example.

While I have experienced the first four issues on that list, they occur infrequently and everyone I know who plays the game has had similar experiences.

I wouldn't say Rome 2 was "much" worse.

#293 Edited by jacksepticeye (25 posts) -

Online is atrocious right now. Haven't had a match longer than 10 mins before crashing or disconnects. I've been trying for an hour

#294 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@jacksepticeye said:

Online is atrocious right now. Haven't had a match longer than 10 mins before crashing or disconnects. I've been trying for an hour

i think they're working on the servers right now. there's a notice up on battlelog

#295 Posted by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@Jebus213 said:

@NameIess_One said:

@lostrib said:

@NameIess_One said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

Thank you.

Such as?

Reading?

#296 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

@jacksepticeye said:

So much for "dedicated servers only" is better for the game hah

#297 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@jacksepticeye said:

Well... it is. It's just getting battered right now and they can't keep up. They even had to disable server queues cos of issues

#298 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@jacksepticeye said:

Mmm yes, 64 people on massive maps hosted peer 2 peer? GENIUS! Not

#299 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

So would it be smart to wait until black friday to pick this up for 30 bucks?

#300 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

So would it be smart to wait until black friday to pick this up for 30 bucks?

well right now the Online is unplayable so yeah, the only thing you gain from buying it right now is the campaign and that's just really pretty. Nothing else