Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts DLC first on Xbox One

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/battlefield_4/news/battlefield_4_dlc_available_first_on_xbox_one.html

Like it or not, if you want the content first (and Battlefield 4 is highly rated as the best launch title accross both consoles) go Xbox One. 

Nice move Microsoft

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
Awesome
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Im definitely getting an Xbone now so I can get DLC first!!!!
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

So stupid that anyone gets timed DLC.  Either way, PC is where it's at for BF.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I feel really bad for someone who will buy a weaker hardware to get dlc's first in two games
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

So let me get this straight.

Best version of CoD.

Best version of Battlefield 4.

AND TITANFALL TOO?

Damn :cool:

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Pay $100 more for a spy cam and weaker hardware or wait a extra week for map packs. Hmm decisions decisions...

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I never approved of this business practice.

I understand why microsoft does it, they buy the timed exclusive dlc rights to garner more attention. Its just business. Microsoft does it because they want their console to sell more than anyother.

But developers and publishers sell games to all gamers, not just gamers of one specific console. I dislike them doing this practice because all they are doing is punishing their customers who dont own a specific system. "Hey gang new map packs are out! Congrats to all the people who own this one paticular system, the other guys youll have to wait awhile then we will let you buy our products from us then". They should be wanting to please all of their paying customers as best they can and as equally as they can instead of favoring 1/3 of their customers for some quick cash. Bottom line is if if someone buys BF4 on the pc, ps4, or xbox one then they still bought a EA game and supported them financially, kind of a dick move for EA to make anyone not playing on a specific system to sit and wait despite the fact they were a paying customer of theirs.

When I see developers and publisher do things like this all I see is them telling consumers "Hey please buy our games, but sorry 1/3 of you arent as important to us really because we like having exclusive rights money more than treating all of our customers fairly"

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

You guys are excited for DLC... Wow...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tdkmillsy
I feel really bad for someone who will buy a weaker hardware to get dlc's first in two gamessilversix_
I think you will find this just the start. Weaker GPU, but better user interaction through Kinect and multiplayer experience through the cloud. Its not all about graphics.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Pay $100 more for a spy cam and weaker hardware or wait a extra week for map packs. Hmm decisions decisions...

NathanDrakeSwag
It's a tough choice, but I think I'll wait an extra week for map packs. :)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Best version of CoD.

AND TITANFALL TOO?

RR360DD

PC says hi.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RR360DD
[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

speedfreak48t5p

Its a month for CoD, damn long time :cool:
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RR360DD

I understand why microsoft does it, they buy the timed exclusive dlc rights to garner more attention. Its just business. Microsoft does it because they want their console to sell more than anyother.

But developers and publishers sell games to all gamers, not just gamers of one specific console. I dislike them doing this practice because all they are doing is punishing their customers who dont own a specific system. "Hey gang new map packs are out! Congrats to all the people who own this one paticular system, the other guys youll have to wait awhile then we will let you buy our products from us then". They should be wanting to please all of their paying customers as best they can and as equally as they can instead of favoring 1/3 of their customers for some quick cash. Bottom line is if if someone buys BF4 on the pc, ps4, or xbox one then they still bought a EA game and supported them financially, kind of a dick move for EA to make anyone not playing on a specific system to sit and wait despite the fact they were a paying customer of theirs.

When I see developers and publisher do things like this all I see is them telling consumers "Hey please buy our games, but sorry 1/3 of you arent as important to us really because we like having exclusive rights money more than treating all of our customers fairly"

Gargus

"It's also a blow to Sony, which had a timed-exclusivity agreement with EA on Battlefield 3 DLC."

Everyone does it brah, its just MS is better at it than Sony

:cool:

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Best version of CoD.

AND TITANFALL TOO?

RR360DD

Your talking about the PC i presume.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Best version of CoD.

AND TITANFALL TOO?

muffin200

Your talking about the PC i presume.

Such a pity the PC gets late content :(
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Don't care. DLC is a problem in this world.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

lilnazar
Much like racism, war and poverty.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Stuff like this cracks me up because it has 0 effect on me. I don't buy games at launch for full price. I wait until console games are $20 or less. So all the DLC will be there when I go to buy a game and CoD and Battlefield are not on my must have list. Even then, it would be bought on PC, not console. Come at me when you actually have something like an exclusive I would give a crap to play. And no not a timed exclusive either.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

The inferior version goes along with DLC first LOL

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts
[QUOTE="lilnazar"]

freedomfreak
Much like racism, war and poverty.

Yep. Make a better game instead with enough maps, rather than feeding us with DLCs.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
dont think ppl will spend an extra 100 schmackos for 1 week early dlc.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Both games look like gash anyway so, who cares? For the price of that DLC you can pcik up Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm on the pc. Superrior title designed for pc men.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tdkmillsy
dont think ppl will spend an extra 100 schmackos for 1 week early dlc.campzor
You get a lot more but you already know this.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

it will be like this for the whole console generation.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

speedfreak48t5p

Me too...
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 speedfreak48t5p
[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Heil68

Me too...

Thank you Kaz. :cool:
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tdkmillsy
[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Heil68

Me too...

It will be 1 month at least and that's important to those that are really into the game. I don't agree with DLC myself but it isn't going away and Microsoft are better at securing it. Once multiplats look the same on both consoles (as they always have) this will be a factor in which console they buy the game on.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"] It's a tough choice, but I think I'll wait an extra week for map packs. :)

Me too...

I'm surprised you're not getting the X180 because I know what a big Forza fan you are. Anyways,, yes thank you Kaz, add me to PSN, BroknOath at any time.!
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#30 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"] It's a tough choice, but I think I'll wait an extra week for map packs. :)tdkmillsy
Me too...

It will be 1 month at least and that's important to those that are really into the game. I don't agree with DLC myself but it isn't going away and Microsoft are better at securing it. Once multiplats look the same on both consoles (as they always have) this will be a factor in which console they buy the game on.

DLC, preoder ttat and so on, will go away if you vote with your wallet. Sadly, none of you actually do that. It's all hot air. Vast majority of people buy whatever hyped pap is put out. Call Of Duty woof? Looks terrible doesn't it? Looking forward to those 20 million sales, right?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
[QUOTE="tdkmillsy"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"] It's a tough choice, but I think I'll wait an extra week for map packs. :)

Me too...

Dont care. Resistance is futile. Our lord and savior of gaming has commanded us and we shall obey  Also, BF3 sold well on 360, if not better despite PS3 having the same deal last gen, so there goes your theory. Thank you Sony.
sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2063 Posts
when the 360 had a clear lead on titles like cod it made sense to sign these kind of deals, makes the fanbase feel invested in your platform and makes them spend money on your platform rather than a rivals, signing these kind of deals before launch makes no sense, you have no idea where the fanbase will gravitate, and personally £100 more and a spycam for the benefit of early DLC as supposed to exclusive DLC just seems stupid, I don't see this swaying anyone.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Haven't we known this about BF4 already? I remember hearing X1 got content first

Guess it's the old switcharoo from Sony getting it. No biggie, it's usually a short time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="tdkmillsy"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Me too...Heil68

Dont care. Resistance is futile. Our lord and savior of gaming has commanded us and we shall obey  Also, BF3 sold well on 360, if not better despite PS3 having the same deal last gen, so there goes your theory. Thank you Sony.

Don't you have an X1 pre-oredered too? 

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

RR360DD

"It's also a blow to Sony, which had a timed-exclusivity agreement with EA on Battlefield 3 DLC."

Everyone does it brah, its just MS is better at it than Sony

:cool:

As I said, I know why microsoft does it, its business. I made no qualms about it. What I had an issue with is the publishers and developers that are willing to show a large portion of their customer base disregard for some quick cash.

Microsoft doing it is trying to cater to their customer base which are xbox owners, it makes sense. But for publishers/developers to do it means they are only catering to a portion of their paying customers since they have customers buying their products across multiple systems. Playing favorites among your paying customers isnt a good practice.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

If you love buying overpriced rip off DLC then get an xbox one.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tdkmillsy

If you love buying overpriced rip off DLC then get an xbox one.

ultimate-k
Or a PS4 as it will cost for that too.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

WOOOHHHH!!!!

I'm going to base my purchasing decisions on the fact that MS paid money to get DLC (1 month) in advance. No really... I am. Don't believe me? You shouldn't, only a moron would use something so trivial to suggest they should buy one system over another.

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

NathanDrakeSwag

Make that a month... and add a cuple of months to get rid of the input lag and VOIP problems like BF3... and you get inferior online service, lol, and the inferior multiplat as always... cows must be the most forgiving userbase ever. already forgotten all the crap they got from PSN. But yeah, it is cheaper... for a reason.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tdkmillsy

WOOOHHHH!!!!

I'm going to base my purchasing decisions on the fact that MS paid money to get DLC (1 month) in advance. No really... I am. Don't believe me? You shouldn't, only a moron would use something so trivial to suggest they should buy one system over another.

moistsandwich
I've used many other things to consider my purchase on, this is just a bonus. However there are kids out there that will be influenced by this.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I seriously wonder if that work? Will somone change system just to get content first? Anyways I don't even care about DLC to begin with nor do i plan to buy those two games or a next gen console at launch

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tdkmillsy

sebbi11

Make that a month... and add a cuple of months to get rid of the input lag and VOIP problems like BF3... and you get inferior online service, lol, and the inferior multiplat as always... cows must be the most forgiving userbase ever. already forgotten all the crap they got from PSN. But yeah, it is cheaper... for a reason.

Forgot about that, not only do I get it earlier. I don't have to wait 3 days for it to download :) The power of the cloud. WOOOOAAAAA
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#43 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Gross.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
PC will still have the best version of BF4, anyone who says otherwise is just stupid
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Im definitely getting an Xbone now so I can get DLC first!!!!II_Seraphim_II
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="tdkmillsy"] It will be 1 month at least and that's important to those that are really into the game. I don't agree with DLC myself but it isn't going away and Microsoft are better at securing it. Once multiplats look the same on both consoles (as they always have) this will be a factor in which console they buy the game on.seanmcloughlin

Don't you have an X1 pre-oredered too? 

Nope.
handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
Old news, don't care. Maybe if they could ever get exclusive content that wasn't timed, it would be something noteworthy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Nope.Heil68

I thought someone other than Clyde had a PS4 and X1 pre-ordered. Could have sworn it was you

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

lems hyping dls? :lol: how the mighty has fallen...

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 speedfreak48t5p

[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Me too...Heil68

I'm surprised you're not getting the X180 because I know what a big Forza fan you are. Anyways,, yes thank you Kaz, add me to PSN, BroknOath at any time.!

What can I say? You showed me the error of my ways and the path to greatness with Sony's legendary leader and world-class, barn bursting, award winning exclusives including one of the five greatest games of all time, The Last of Us. :cool: