Battlefield 3 sales. Which console will sell the most. 360 or PS3.

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

I believe the 360 will destroy the PS3 in sales just like BC 2. The Xbox is a world class console especially for shooters and the experience of playing on Xbox Live will be superior. But what are your opinions.

Edit: I think I have to state that this is my prediction. Some people are failing to understand that.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
May I ask, what exactly is a "world class console"?
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jimmypsn

May I ask, what exactly is a "world class console"? mrmusicman247

The console with the best online, best controller, more games, better community. This is my opinion but I'm grateful that the world sees this too. Since Ps3 is still in last place.

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

A console that's better than obviously inferior "continent-class" and "country-class" consoles.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

you know classy and fancy....pinky in the air while your drinking your tea.

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts
The PC. Followed by 360 and PS3.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I still prefer the "village class" PS3 in almost every way. PC always curb stomps both consoles in every instance.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]May I ask, what exactly is a "world class console"? jimmypsn

The console with the best online, best controller, more games, better community. This is my opinion but I'm grateful that the world sees this too. Since Ps3 is still in last place.

Ah so by that you mean a console loved more than other consoles around the world?
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
do you ever post something that doesn't trash the console you don't like?
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

I believe the 360 will destroy the PS3 in sales just like BC 2. The Xbox is a world class console especially for shooters and the experience of playing on Xbox Live will be superior. But what are your opinions.

KingsofQueens

What the hell do sales have to do with YOUR personal enjoyment of a game?

You lemmings never cease to amaze me with your pathetic desperate sales arguments. :lol:

This is system wars. Sales plays a huge factorhere. Are you new?

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimmypsn

do you ever post something that doesn't trash the console you don't like?Diviniuz

All I said in my thread was 360 would destroy the PS3 in sales. How is that trashing.

MSPaintman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MSPaintman
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts
PC > 360 > ps3 Quote me on it.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jimmypsn

No one has yet answered the question. Which console will sell more copies of Battlefield 3. Make your predictions.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

I still prefer the "village class" PS3 in almost every way. PC always curb stomps both consoles in every instance.

jer_1

the village is pretty nice, people are nice there

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]do you ever post something that doesn't trash the console you don't like?jimmypsn

All I said in my thread was 360 would destroy the PS3 in sales. How is that trashing.

the fact that you make all your posts extremely biased and always attacks sony, completely destroys the chance that this thread will have a decent discussion.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Diviniuz

No one has yet answered the question. Which console will sell more copies of Battlefield 3. Make your predictions.

jimmypsn
no one has answered because your posts destroyed the chance of a real discussion
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

[QUOTE="KingsofQueens"]

What the hell do sales have to do with YOUR personal enjoyment of a game?

You lemmings never cease to amaze me with your pathetic desperate sales arguments. :lol:

KingsofQueens

This is system wars. Sales plays a huge factorhere. Are you new?

That's irrelevant.

You still have NOT answered my question. Sales have absolutely NO PHYSICAL bearing on how you enjoy games.

Yes it does indirectly. More people to play with means that the online component will last much more longer and won't taper off quickly like it has done for some other games. this meana a greater increase in enjoyment.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

If the 360 outsells both ps3 and pc like I think it will I will just laugh

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Should be pS3 by a mile but it will probablybe very close with 36o edging it out.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]do you ever post something that doesn't trash the console you don't like?Diviniuz

the fact that you make all your posts extremely biased and always attacks sony, completely destroys the chance that this thread will have a decent discussion.

Well it doesn't help that you're are bias towards the PS3 based on your past posts so its understandable that you feel that way. But you did choose to come in this thread did you not.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

PC > 360 > PS3

Although you never know the PS3 could outsell the 360 version.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

I think it'll be close enough between them.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jimmypsn

People's opinions starting to come through. It looks like many people feel the same way. That the 360 version will sell more copies of the Ps3.

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

I think this will be very close and I dont think its gonna sell that well on all 3 platforms to be honest. I think its releasing to close to Modern Warfare 3 and is up against exclusive big hitters like Uncharted 3 and Gears 3. I think 360 just may edge it.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

Well it doesn't help that you're are bias towards the PS3 based on your past posts so its understandable that you feel that way. But you did choose to come in this thread did you not.

because I was coming here to post that I think the 360 will probably sell more because a lot of their install based favors shooters and that games typically sell more on the 360. Because I mean given their past history, you can make a prediction

Or something along those lines...

I get in and read your posts and see what you wrote, and see that this isn't a real discussion. This is you about you trying to shoot down the ps3, not a battlefield 3 thread.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I don't consider this a discussion TC. You are just thrashing the ps3 and claiming the 360 is the best console this gen. If you wanted a real discussion you should have said why you think the 360 version of BF3 will beat the ps3 with real explanations, not because: 360 Has best controller, best graphics, best online, bla bla bla.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I think this will be very close and I dont think its gonna sell that well on all 3 platforms to be honest. I think its releasing to close to Modern Warfare 3 and is up against exclusive big hitters like Uncharted 3 and Gears 3. I think 360 just may edge it.

ccagracing
I expect the PC version to sell well.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] the fact that you make all your posts extremely biased and always attacks sony, completely destroys the chance that this thread will have a decent discussion.Diviniuz

because I was coming here to post that I think the 360 will probably sell more because a lot of their install based favors shooters and that games typically sell more on the 360. Because I mean given their past history, you can make a prediction

Or something along those lines...

I get in and read your posts and see what you wrote, and see that this isn't a real discussion. This is you about you trying to shoot down the ps3, not a battlefield 3 thread.

HUH. I posted my prediction that 360 would sell more than ps3? Is that trying to shoot down the PS3. I think you need to take a step away from the forums. I didn't mean to upset you with my opinion.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

360, PC then PS3

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
"Which console will sell the most. 360 or PS3."? Well, what happens if the PC version sells the most? What happens if PS3 sells more? What happens if 360 sells the most? What if I were to buy a copy for PC, one for 360, and one for PS3? Maybe I have friends who play online on each of those systems. It doesn't matter as if the game is entertaining enough, many gamers will get the chance to play it. Sales don't determine how much fun people have with a game or which system gets "destroyed" only where more copies are being played. There are other factors to take into consideration.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
It will bomb on both consoles. Why? It isn't called CoD and casuals, the biggest faction of gamers, love their CoDs..
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jimmypsn

fueled-system

Yeah I guess many people are thinking that because of the DLC first and extra game, how can the 360 version outsell the PS3 version. I think people will be surprised.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jimmypsn

"Which console will sell the most. 360 or PS3."? Well, what happens if the PC version sells the most? What happens if PS3 sells more? What happens if 360 sells the most? What if I were to buy a copy for PC, one for 360, and one for PS3? Maybe I have friends who play online on each of those systems. It doesn't matter as if the game is entertaining enough, many gamers will get the chance to play it. Sales don't determine how much fun people have with a game or which system gets "destroyed" only where more copies are being played. There are other factors to take into consideration.Stinger78

It's really hard to say, which will sell more: 360 or PC. Most people don't have good gaming pcs and 360 is the most awesome console box for shooters. Touch choice there.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jimmypsn

I don't consider this a discussion TC. You are just thrashing the ps3 and claiming the 360 is the best console this gen. If you wanted a real discussion you should have said why you think the 360 version of BF3 will beat the ps3 with real explanations, not because: 360 Has best controller, best graphics, best online, bla bla bla. Miroku32

I mainly asked for people's opinions on the matter.

Real explanations include; 360 is the shooter platform of choice. That the consensus I have. Plus awesome Xbox Live features like party chat and voice of people with mics will make communication in the 360 version very important. How are those reasons?

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]I don't consider this a discussion TC. You are just thrashing the ps3 and claiming the 360 is the best console this gen. If you wanted a real discussion you should have said why you think the 360 version of BF3 will beat the ps3 with real explanations, not because: 360 Has best controller, best graphics, best online, bla bla bla. jimmypsn

Real explanations include; 360 is the shooter platform of choice. That the consensus I have. Plus awesome Xbox Live features like party chat and voice of people with mics will make communication in the 360 version very important. How are those reasons?

one thousands times better than what you posted before, likes its infinitely better.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Personally I see the PC outselling the 360 or PS3. The DX11 visual effects and superior player numbers are such a huge pull for gamers wanting to really put their computers to the test. I can easily see PC taking the sales win.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

jimmypsn

Yeah I guess many people are thinking that because of the DLC first and extra game, how can the 360 version outsell the PS3 version. I think people will be surprised.

Frankly I don't think people care about sales since both will sell in the millions. I'm thinking between the consoles it will probably outsell on 360 by a 60/40 ratio or something like that.

Ironicaly it will probably sell in reverse order of which platform the game is actually best on - i.e. in order: PC, PS3, 360 in terms of quality - 360,PS3,PC in terms of sales. However the real gap is between the PC and the console versions, the two console version should be similar but most expect this game to be slightly better on PS3 (for what that matters when compared to the VASTLY superior PC version).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Yes it does indirectly. More people to play with means that the online component will last much more longer and won't taper off quickly like it has done for some other games. this meana a greater increase in enjoyment.

jimmypsn

That's only the online component. That depends on the amount of people who are actually interrested in the game. Not just sales. Regardless if a game sells more or less, there is a probablity that people may or may not be interested in the game. It can go many ways.

You can have a game that sells millions, but then the online component may fade away quickly after a few months.

You can have a game that sells millions, but NOT to the point of super millions, but still have a good amount of online players.

You can have a game that sells millions, AFTER a few years on the market, and have very few players online (or more players online, who are still interested)

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]I don't consider this a discussion TC. You are just thrashing the ps3 and claiming the 360 is the best console this gen. If you wanted a real discussion you should have said why you think the 360 version of BF3 will beat the ps3 with real explanations, not because: 360 Has best controller, best graphics, best online, bla bla bla. Diviniuz

one thousands times better than what you posted before, likes its infinitely better.

Umm I have always backed my thinking with rational reasons. I have never outright bashed the PS3 just out of the blue with no reasons behind it. I think you're taking stuff way too seriously here.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mrmusicman247
So far this thread hasn't argued the topic but arguing about what we're arguing about.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#44 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Most likely the 360 version will sell better than the PS3 version.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

KingsofQueens

That's only the online component. That depends on the amount of people who are actually interrested in the game. Not just sales. Regardless if a game sells more or less, there is a probablity that people may or may not be interested in the game. It can go many ways.

You can have a game that sells millions, but then the online component may fade away quickly after a few months.

You can have a game that sells millions, but NOT to the point of super millions, but still have a good amount of online players.

You can have a game that sells millions, AFTER a few years on the market, and have very few players online (or more players online, who are still interested)

Compare this with other exclusives lets on the PS3. You have games that people can still play. But the overall community is shrinking. Some would describe the online component of Killzone 3 as dead in some circles. That's why its important to have more sales.

Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gotham-Calls
Member since 2011 • 335 Posts

perhaps you didn't notice but the ps3 outsells the 360 everywhere but the united states. so i and many others would consider that the world class console. plus i think many people on 360 will just wait to buy mw3.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

It will bomb on both consoles. Why? It isn't called CoD and casuals, the biggest faction of gamers, love their CoDs..TheFallenDemon

Gotta love how some people classify COD for casuals. Makes zero sense..Games CAN NOT BE casual. ONLY gamers can be casual or hardcore period. COD takes as much skill as any other fps ive played in my 30+ years of gaming.Dont be upset because you get owned..srs.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]May I ask, what exactly is a "world class console"? jimmypsn

wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong... wow.. so many times wrong in the one sentence.
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

360, as for most multiplat games.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

KingsofQueens

You're analyzing this way more than what is needed. You have a game which sells 1 million copies on console A. You have the same game that sell 10 million copies on console B. Which will have the longer last online, the more multiplayer game variety, the many more modes to play, the more variability of the competition. Console B will have that.