Battlefield 1 is getting more amazing every day.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

With the release of Nivelle Nights this week and a new map every single month up until the release of the Russian DLC in September it seems like Battlefield 1 is getting more amazing every day.

Nivelle Nights is a really special map because it does something so few maps in Battlefield 1 have accomplished: it makes the combat feel more up close and personal instead of all over the place and chaotic.

This is thanks to:

a) The map being set at night
b) Lots of trenches and cover
c) A focus on infantry play, with only one vehicle being allowed per side and no planes.

I was just playing on a server that had standard issue rifles and more bullet damage (this is done by custom server side settings). And it made the game feel really intense. Every side had access to its own unique rifle, along with all the other weapons you've come to expect. So the Germans had the G98 and the French had the Lebel rifle.

And because of the extra bullet damage it made for a more tactical and immersive play, instead of just shruggin off bullets like it's nothing.

Here are some screenshots of the new map:

Here is some info on the upcoming DLC:

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Runs best on Pro.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R4gn4r0k

@scatteh316 said:

Runs best on Pro.

Thanks for making this thread more System Wars related ^^

I think Battlefield is enhanced for PS4 pro ?

Have they said anything about a Xbox one X version / patch ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

Cant wait to try out new maps, but I'm busy with Stormblood.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Honestly I never bought it because DICE seems to have failed since BF4 ... but damn BF1 is doing really well...

Might pick it up when I get my PS4 upgraded to PS4 pro next week

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k

@twizded said:

Cant wait to try out new maps, but I'm busy with Stormblood.

Yeah I've been jumping from one game to the next with so many great updates coming out.

It had been a while since I played Battlefield, but now I'm back :D

@MBirdy88 said:

Honestly I never bought it because DICE seems to have failed since BF4 ... but damn BF1 is doing really well...

Might pick it up when I get my PS4 upgraded to PS4 pro next week

Gotta say BF4 was a huge disappointment for me. I just didn't like the direction the series was taken in since after Bad Company 2.

But Battlefield 1 brings back a lot of great things to the series.

It's a lot to write about but at it's best battlefield 1 can really come together with a mix of teamplay and personal achievement :)

The premium DLC also seems like a big step up from BF3&4 for me, where I only really liked one piece of DLC each.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@scatteh316:

Runs better on ps4 pro (baby machine), Runs best on PC. Fixed.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Enjoyed what I played of it so far, too busy with other games though and last gen I played so much BF3 that I'm taking a little break from BF this gen, but I intend to put in some time soon especially with the dlc looks cool. Started playing Dead by Daylight 2 days ago and having a good time with that, even though I don't really like stealth stuff the game is amusing

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Goddamnit R4 why are you reminding me to buy this ???

Gotta grab the premium version and that shit is so expensive

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@Alucard_Prime said:

Enjoyed what I played of it so far, too busy with other games though and last gen I played so much BF3 that I'm taking a little break from BF this gen, but I intend to put in some time soon especially with the dlc looks cool. Started playing Dead by Daylight 2 days ago and having a good time with that, even though I don't really like stealth stuff the game is amusing

If you really want a unique experience in BF this is the time to jump back in.

I don't like full hardcore because of the lack of HUD and friendly fire being on.

But the custom server settings like standard issue rifles and increased bullet damage, along with the new map really make for a very fun experience :)

@mjorh said:

You know you want this ^^

Yeah it's the most expensive version, and yeah I'm usually not a big fan of buying season passes. What with Season passes promising '100 bucks' of content, for 50 bucks but that turns out to be only 10 bucks of real content...

But the thing is the Battlefield 1 Season Pass is already delivering more than what was promised.

6 maps in the french DLC

6 maps in the russian DLC

and all of them seem of tremendous quality. Along with new weapons that are just a joy to play with :D

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By scatteh316

@demi0227_basic said:

@scatteh316:

Runs better on ps4 pro (baby machine), Runs best on SOME PC's. Fixed.

Fixed your fix ;)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scatteh316

@R4gn4r0k said:
@scatteh316 said:

Runs best on Pro.

Thanks for making this thread more System Wars related ^^

I think Battlefield is enhanced for PS4 pro ?

Have they said anything about a Xbox one X version / patch ?

1. You're welcome :)

2. Yes it is, higher resolution and improved frame frame rate

3. Not as far as I know

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I really dislike the weapon variety. I know, they are putting in rare weapons from that era, and I know they are kind of tied to realistic WW1 weapons but fact of the matter is most weapons feel boring or samish.

Does anyone else have the same experience? I can't really put it into words. I'd like to see the next BF have a little more extreme differences in weaponry per class. Doesn't mean that there can't be any overlap. But to allow for some more interesting load-outs.

I do want to applaud them for the reload animations.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Tried BF1 for a while during the X1 free play weekend but it just didn't do much for me. Much preferred BF: Bad Company 2. :P

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Runs best on Pro.

True..................Until November. Then you can enjoy your inferior version with outdated hardware. Enjoy!

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By scatteh316

@SinjinSmythe said:
@scatteh316 said:

Runs best on Pro.

True..................Until November. Then you can enjoy your inferior version with outdated hardware. Enjoy!

You do know Xbox-X is launching with out dated hardware right? Making it a bit of a silly comment for you to make.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

@scatteh316 said:

1. You're welcome :)

2. Yes it is, higher resolution and improved frame frame rate

3. Not as far as I know

I read something about Battlefront 2 on Xbox One X. Dunno if they are gonna patch Battlefield 1.

@KungfuKitten said:

I really dislike the weapon variety. I know, they are putting in rare weapons from that era, and I know they are kind of tied to realistic WW1 weapons but fact of the matter is most weapons feel boring or samish.

Does anyone else have the same experience? I can't really put it into words. I'd like to see the next BF have a little more extreme differences in weaponry per class. Doesn't mean that there can't be any overlap. But to allow for some more interesting load-outs.

I do want to applaud them for the reload animations.

Yeah they have put a lot of work into these weapons. I mean some are so rare to find, so it's brilliant they ended up with so many to put into this game.

I agree on weapon variety though. It seems like DICE has put so much work in balancing everything out that weapons can feel very samey in this game.

But they are also fixing this with the DLC. The weapons that were added in french DLC and the weapons that are gonna be in the Russian DLC seem very different from the base weapons.

@SecretPolice said:

Tried BF1 for a while during the X1 free play weekend but it just didn't do much for me. Much preferred BF: Bad Company 2. :P

I think this is the best one since Bad Company 2 :D

My favourite ones are definitely the historical Battlefields. I very much enjoyed Battlefield 1942, Bad Company Vietnam and I'm now enjoying Battlefield 1 a lot !

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Yes. Xbox One X is getting a Battlefield patch.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@demi0227_basic said:

@scatteh316:

Runs better on ps4 pro (baby machine), Runs best on PC. Fixed.

Fixed your fix ;)

Some pc's ARE pc's. Fixed your **** up of my fix.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

don't feel like dropping even more money for premium

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1844 Posts

This is one of the main reasons why I am skipping on Battlefront 2. I just don't see it to be more fun than BF1 with all its incoming dlcs. Plus the lack of 64-player MP really killed Battlefront 2 for me. Unless all reviews are surprisingly stellar I am not getting it. I will just keep playing BF1. I have already bought the season pass for it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@drlostrib said:

And you would be completely right to do so.

Season passes, in general, suck.

But because Battlefield 1 is just mechanically a really solid game, and because it has an amazingly interesting setting imo, I bought the season pass on launch even.

Which is actually pretty funny, because I never really liked BF3&4 and their premiums. But after playing Battlefield 1s beta I was sold.

Now with DICE adding even more maps and even more content into Battlefield premium as promised, I'm even happier with my purchase :)

While usually, purchasing a season pass would only lead to dissapointement, or not finding my money's worth.

@ivangrozny said:

This is one of the main reasons why I am skipping on Battlefront 2. I just don't see it to be more fun than BF1 with all its incoming dlcs. Plus the lack of 64-player MP really killed Battlefront 2 for me. Unless all reviews are surprisingly stellar I am not getting it. I will just keep playing BF1. I have already bought the season pass for it.

I've only recently started playing the first battlefront and I actually think the lower player count on a server does not really hurt the game.

it can make the battles feel less chaotic. Same with Battlefield 1s new Frontlines mode, which is way more focussed and features a 32 player count.

I think Battlefront 2 will have 40 player matches ? Same as the big ones for Battlefront 1 ? I mean it'll all come down to map design, more than player count.

With more Battlefield DLC dropping in September and December, and battlefront II coming in between I know I'll have my hands full for the rest of the year and I'm moving aside other game purchases :)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

When all this dlc is cheaper and or free, I'll give it a try. I'm not fond of paying for map packs, even less fond of paying for map packs in an era where we are starting to get map packs for free offset by microtransactions for cosmetic shit. The latter of which Dice n EA do with Battlefield without doing the former, because Battlefield is big enough to get away with it.

The game itself I never questioned as a good game. The base launch game is satisfying as hell to play, the movement is Rising Storm 2's crouch run away from being basically perfect as far as these "military" shooters are concerned with how snappy n fluid everything is, the gunplay animations n feedback loop is ace, and the audio/visual stuff is bite the back of your hand good, and yeah I'm sure Dice's post game support is killer. Battlefield 4 for all its launch day bullshit, eventually became a pretty badass game, so I would expect a game that started as good as Battlefield 1 only to evolve into an even further badass game. But, I'm not ponying up for map packs when I have more than enough other mp games to keep me satisfied, my entire backlog to get through, and other games I want to purchase.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrLostRib

@R4gn4r0k said:
@drlostrib said:

And you would be completely right to do so.

Season passes, in general, suck.

But because Battlefield 1 is just mechanically a really solid game, and because it has an amazingly interesting setting imo, I bought the season pass on launch even.

Which is actually pretty funny, because I never really liked BF3&4 and their premiums. But after playing Battlefield 1s beta I was sold.

Now with DICE adding even more maps and even more content into Battlefield premium as promised, I'm even happier with my purchase :)

While usually, purchasing a season pass would only lead to dissapointement, or not finding my money's worth.

Do you play on PC? Is there a decent amount of people on the DLC maps?

I played a lot of BF3, and a decent amount of BF4 and got premium for both. For whatever reason I have not put as much into BF1 (about 30-40hours). So i don't know if I would get my money's worth. Also it seems ridiculous to have to pay more for premium than I paid for the actual game

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#25 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

After being burned on the Hardline season pass (community died quick), I didn't bother with this one. I have however, bought the first DLC on its own. BF1 post-launch support has been decent and the community is definitely doing well. Whether I buy the other DLC's really depends on what other games are out at that time. I will definitely check out this new update this weekend though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k

@jg4xchamp said:

When all this dlc is cheaper and or free, I'll give it a try. I'm not fond of paying for map packs, even less fond of paying for map packs in an era where we are starting to get map packs for free offset by microtransactions for cosmetic shit. The latter of which Dice n EA do with Battlefield without doing the former, because Battlefield is big enough to get away with it.

The game itself I never questioned as a good game. The base launch game is satisfying as hell to play, the movement is Rising Storm 2's crouch run away from being basically perfect as far as these "military" shooters are concerned with how snappy n fluid everything is, the gunplay animations n feedback loop is ace, and the audio/visual stuff is bite the back of your hand good, and yeah I'm sure Dice's post game support is killer. Battlefield 4 for all its launch day bullshit, eventually became a pretty badass game, so I would expect a game that started as good as Battlefield 1 only to evolve into an even further badass game. But, I'm not ponying up for map packs when I have more than enough other mp games to keep me satisfied, my entire backlog to get through, and other games I want to purchase.

There is an easy solution for that: Premium friends has been active for a while and will be for the coming months :D

I'm telling all my friends how genuinly awesome this new map is (really, it's even more awesome than I have described in this thread, Nivelle Nights is all I've played these past days) and they can piggy back on me to try it out. Because not everyone has premium.

____

And yeah like I said, not a big fan of season passes. Certainly not a fan of splitting a playerbase and microtransactions.

But DICE are delivering even more than my money's worth. They promised 4 maps for French DLC... It became 6 maps.

They promised 4 maps for Russian DLC... It became 6 maps.

They are also adding more weapons than promised. I mean ok, all of that doesn't make the price attached go away. And I can't blame anyone for not buying a season pass. But I can say that Premium for BF1 is totally worth its price here, and I'm really glad by all of what I'm seeing.

I'm very excited for the new content in July, August, September and December.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

@drlostrib said:

Do you play on PC? Is there a decent amount of people on the DLC maps?

I played a lot of BF3, and a decent amount of BF4 and got premium for both. For whatever reason I have not put as much into BF1 (about 30-40hours). So i don't know if I would get my money's worth. Also it seems ridiculous to have to pay more for premium than I paid for the actual game

Yeah, PC is my main platform. I play a lot of shooters online so I feel most at home on PC.

I bought the base game of BF1 on greenmangaming for 45 euro (with a discount)

I then took a subscription for Origin Access so I could play ten hours of BF1 before release. Which, all things considered wasn't the smartest thing, as I'm not a fan of subscriptions, but I really got my money's worth out of that month and it was only 3 euro in the end.

But I did so because I was massively hyped for Battlefield 1, especially so after the beta.

Because of this Hype I decided to buy premium at release when I still had my Origin Access, and a discount in the origin store. So I bought premium for 45 euros as well :)

Premium was on sale a while ago for 40 euros on origin. But I'm sure other sites run discounts too like for example Greenmangaming.

But yeah so your question was the population on these servers. I think there is a good to decent amount of people playing it. Especially now that they are releasing new free content for both premium and non-premium members.

Premium members got this new map (+ upcoming maps). Non premium members (everyone) got access to the new Frontlines mode on Amiens and Argonne forest.

If you can, you should check out this new free content. Frontlines is a lot of fun. It takes some time to get into, but if you can find a balanced match, it's just tons of fun.

@CRUSHER88 said:

After being burned on the Hardline season pass (community died quick), I didn't bother with this one. I have however, bought the first DLC on its own. BF1 post-launch support has been decent and the community is definitely doing well. Whether I buy the other DLC's really depends on what other games are out at that time. I will definitely check out this new update this weekend though.

Good to hear !

I never really played Hardline multiplayer, as I bought it for the singleplayer.

But I can say that DICE upped their game for this DLC. I mean Battlefield 3&4 DLC was cool, but each one only had ONE standout DLC out of the four.

Because of what they are adding here: new armies, new frontlines, new operations. It just seems that much more interesting to me.

Often times in previous Battlefield Premiums it felt like they added a lot of throwaway content (like the gamemodes). That were often abandoned by the community.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Runs best on Pro.

For now

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I was kinda hoping they would release this night map for base game players, since they did release a few free maps for BF4 for those who didn't own premium.

**** premium man. Dividing the community like that is so shit. If Tripwire and New World Interactive and even bloody Ubisoft can afford to release free maps for games that are already a fraction of the price of Battlefield, EA/Dice should be able to as well. It should prolong the life of the game and result in more base game sales.

EDIT: I might try and get premium from some shady key reseller site to ensure EA get minimal profit

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@SinjinSmythe said:
@scatteh316 said:

Runs best on Pro.

You do know Xbox-X is launching with out dated hardware right? Making it a bit of a silly comment for you to make.

Not as outdated as Teh Pro doe. hahahahahaha

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26 said:

I was kinda hoping they would release this night map for base game players, since they did release a few free maps for BF4 for those who didn't own premium.

**** premium man. Dividing the community like that is so shit. If Tripwire and New World Interactive and even bloody Ubisoft can afford to release free maps for games that are already a fraction of the price of Battlefield, EA/Dice should be able to as well. It should prolong the life of the game and result in more base game sales.

EDIT: I might try and get premium from some shady key reseller site to ensure EA get minimal profit

I feel you man, in any situation I would be in the same boat as you and skip on season passes.

It's just this WW1 stuff intrigues me, it's nowhere near real World War 1 but damn, there are so few World War 1 games out there I was immediately intrigued by the content promised in the season pass.

____

origin just had a big sale going on with the Premium pass for 40 euros, and I'm sure other sites like Greenmangaming often do sales on this as well. So maybe there are less shady alternatives :p

If you do get your hands on this map I mean be sure to try it out on a custom server like I did. Or play some frontlines on this map.

It genuinly is one of the best maps when you can have a more focussed fight going on: Fighting in the trenches, scouts firing flares over the battlefield lighting it up, not too many tanks, bolt action rifles :D

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrLostRib

@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:

I feel you man, in any situation I would be in the same boat as you and skip on season passes.

It's just this WW1 stuff intrigues me, it's nowhere near real World War 1 but damn, there are so few World War 1 games out there I was immediately intrigued by the content promised in the season pass.

____

origin just had a big sale going on with the Premium pass for 40 euros, and I'm sure other sites like Greenmangaming often do sales on this as well. So maybe there are less shady alternatives :p

If you do get your hands on this map I mean be sure to try it out on a custom server like I did. Or play some frontlines on this map.

It genuinly is one of the best maps when you can have a more focussed fight going on: Fighting in the trenches, scouts firing flares over the battlefield lighting it up, not too many tanks, bolt action rifles :D

It's 40 right now on Amazon

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#33 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:

____

It's 40 right now on Amazon

the price isn't the issue, I just don't like the idea of EA getting money for premium. Ill pay more if it means EA gets less.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

BF1 was a massive disappointment.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Randoggy said:

Yup, pretty much. The shitty time period holds it back so much. The guns in BF1 are garbage

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@Randoggy said:

Yup, pretty much. The shitty time period holds it back so much. The guns in BF1 are garbage

I personally love the time period, they just didn't stick to that time period in the end. They should have just made it a WW2 game with all the bullshit they decided to add in. The way the guns operate in BF1 is a huge step in the wrong direction.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@mjorh said:

BF1 is exceptional bruv the single player mode alone is worth it lol and you can pick it up dead cheap

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I've played the game for around 60 hours. BF1 to me is a 7. Hardly amazing, but it's ok. I'm just playing it since there aren't any games, other than older BFs, that does what it does better.

Still waiting for DICE to go back to being really good.

Also, that ultra overpriced DLC shit they have going on is disgusting.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

@Litchie said:

I've played the game for around 60 hours. BF1 to me is a 7. Hardly amazing, but it's ok. I'm just playing it since there aren't any games, other than older BFs, that does what it does better.

Still waiting for DICE to go back to being really good.

Yea, not a fan of the new games. About the only good new addition is destruction.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26 said:

the price isn't the issue, I just don't like the idea of EA getting money for premium. Ill pay more if it means EA gets less.

At the end of the day all that really matters is if you're having fun.

But yeah I completely get your stance and season passes need to go the way of the dodo. But Battlefields to me is worth it :)

@Randoggy said:

I personally love the time period, they just didn't stick to that time period in the end. They should have just made it a WW2 game with all the bullshit they decided to add in. The way the guns operate in BF1 is a huge step in the wrong direction.

Same here, I asbolutely love the warfare and weaponry of the time period.

But sure, I feel DICE could've done more with the guns, it just doesn't feel very WW1 when a lot of people are running around with scoped or red dot weapons...

But that is where custom modes like Standard Issue Rifles come into play :)

@uninspiredcup said:

Yea, not a fan of the new games. About the only good new addition is destruction.

Operations is a brilliant addition. And the new Frontlines mode is a lot of fun as well.

In fact Frontlines is available to everyone now, not just season pass owners :)

@Litchie said:

But DICE is adding massive amounts of content, there are hardly any games that get support like this...

It's expensive, yes. Ultra overpriced ? nope.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

A top 5 shooter all time for me, along with Overwatch.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I dunno, I just couldn't bring myself to play BF1 long. It was fun for maybe 20 hours but I'd rather just go play more BF4. If they'd just remove night vision BS it'd be the best Battlefield by far.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#44 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@scatteh316: runs best on Microsoft Windows.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mjorh

@sukraj: The summer sales of Origin is over, bummer, I shall wait for the next sales

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@mjorh: Was the expansion for sale? Cause I missed out on the sale, too.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mjorh

@KungfuKitten said:

Yeah I guess the ultimate edition was on sale, they should've been more vocal about it

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

The MP is awesome. I'll just never get tired of Battlefield and its dynamic war. Ever since they added destruction, it's just been so good.

I loved Battlefield 2 and 2142, but BC2 took it to a whole new level and then the rest of the games just expanded upon that. BF1 has been the biggest change after going to 64 players(from BC2 to BF3). I love the lack of all the modern crap like infrared scopes and lock on missiles. Just barebones aiming at its finest now.

Of course, best on PC.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Game is OK. I had it for like a week.

But when are they going to release a reasonably priced Ultimate/Deluxe Edition. I just checked PSN and they want $129 for a digital "Ultimate" edition. LOL WUT. I guess physical Deluxe edition won't happen until all the DLC's are out, and the schedule says Jan 2018. Is it me, or is the DLC really spread out on this game much longer than normal?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k

@mjorh said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Yeah I guess the ultimate edition was on sale, they should've been more vocal about it

The premium pass was discounted by 20% and was available for 40 instead of 50.

It could be the ultimate editon was priced off 40% or more :P

They weren't very vocal about it, but Origin can still have some amazing sales at times.

I checked out their store after their E3 and bought Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition for a tenner.

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

The MP is awesome. I'll just never get tired of Battlefield and its dynamic war. Ever since they added destruction, it's just been so good.

I loved Battlefield 2 and 2142, but BC2 took it to a whole new level and then the rest of the games just expanded upon that. BF1 has been the biggest change after going to 64 players(from BC2 to BF3). I love the lack of all the modern crap like infrared scopes and lock on missiles. Just barebones aiming at its finest now.

Of course, best on PC.

I agree, sometimes I'm turned off by Battlefield but I keep getting drawn back in.

I mean there are just so many cool aspects to Battlefield that make it a very cool game to return to. I like playing as a infantry soldier most of all, but the vehicles and destruction and all out warfare can make this game feel truly like a... battlefield.

Wasn't too impressed by Battlefield 3&4 but they still had aspects I really liked and I had a lot of fun with the Aftermath DLC (for BF3) and the Naval Strike DLC (for BF4)

It sometimes does feel a lot like previous games in the series... But it also improves on so much, it's the small details that really make this the standout game to me :)

@2Chalupas said:

Game is OK. I had it for like a week.

But when are they going to release a reasonably priced Ultimate/Deluxe Edition. I just checked PSN and they want $129 for a digital "Ultimate" edition. LOL WUT. I guess physical Deluxe edition won't happen until all the DLC's are out, and the schedule says Jan 2018. Is it me, or is the DLC really spread out on this game much longer than normal?

Yes, it's taking longer than normal.

For one this is because DICE and EA made a mistake with Battlefield 4 and rushed it out the door. BF4 was a broken game but somehow DICE was already working on DLC and so that rubbed people the wrong way.

For BF1 DICE is taking their time more and what we got first was Free DLC before DICE started bringing out paid DLC.

Another reason for this is because DICE is doubling down now and releasing more content in the content updates than ever before. More new weapons, more new maps, more new operations.

I suspect a physical version will be out later this year and there will for sure be sales in between :)

(they just had one on premium and the ultimate edition)