Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition anyone?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

I would buy it instantly if it was on consoles too. I dont have a gaming rig.

ristactionjakso

A gaming rig for a remastered version of a 14 year old game? Seriously? :roll:

Well thats how much I know about PC gaming. I don't know at all, and dont know how much the graphics have been enhanced. All I have is a toshiba laptop, and I don't know the specs of it. But only about 3 years old.

When BG1:EE first launched it only had one option in the Graphics menu.... "Full screen" x)

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Casey's getting me all fired up to play this!:D

I'm gonna go ahead with the PC version first, and if I'm enjoying it I might add the iPad version once cloud saves are patched in. Kind of silly it isn't on Steam though.

santoron

well, if it does well then there will be enhanced versions of other classic rpgs like torment and icewind dale. i want people to get fired up. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

[QUOTE="santoron"]

I'm gonna go ahead with the PC version first, and if I'm enjoying it I might add the iPad version once cloud saves are patched in. Kind of silly it isn't on Steam though.

CaseyWegner

well, if it does well then there will be enhanced versions of other classic rpgs like torment and icewind dale. i want people to get fired up. :)

And hopefully even new games like BG. I have high hopes for Project Eternity.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="santoron"]

Icarian

And hopefully even new games like BG. I have high hopes for Project Eternity.

And Wasteland 2.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I just can't get passed the bandit camp, almost all my guys are lvl 2 with I think Imoen as 3.

the "Big Tent," is just kicking my ass, should I come back later?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I just can't get passed the bandit camp, almost all my guys are lvl 2 with I think Imoen as 3.

the "Big Tent," is just kicking my ass, should I come back later?

ReadingRainbow4
It'll be easier at level 4/5ish. You could prob do it at your current levels tho. Equip everyone with missile weapons, summon some fodder to distract enemies and shoot them to death. Using one guy to lure single enemies back to your waiting "firing squad" of a party can also work. Buy magic arrows also, they are dear but well worth it, they ruin bosses.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ReadingRainbow4

yeah I need to dabble into magic some more, I don't think I have a single summon i've been mostly using crowd control spells like sleep.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 CaseyWegner

yeah I need to dabble into magic some more, I don't think I have a single summon i've been mostly using crowd control spells like sleep.

ReadingRainbow4

characters are pretty crappy in general at level 2. there should be plenty of side quests to help boost your levels by the time you reach the bandit camp. have you fought the ankhegs yet near the friendly arm inn? they give good experience and are plentiful.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

CaseyWegner

characters are pretty crappy in general at level 2. there should be plenty of side quests to help boost your levels by the time you reach the bandit camp. have you fought the ankhegs yet near the friendly arm inn? they give good experience and are plentiful.

I've decided to dump khalid and jahira, he's a fighter with only 15 strength, and jahira's healing is really lacking, and that's pretty much all she does for me aside from throw darts.

I think I'll go pick up viconia who I dropped off in the woods.

Ive heard alot of good things about minsc, I need to go find him.

Edwin is also supposed to be a bad ass spell caster but I think I lost my chance to grab him.

I don't think ive fought any ankhegs, what direction from the friendly arm are they in?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

ReadingRainbow4

I've decided to dump khalid and jahira, he's a fighter with only 15 strength, and jahira's healing is really lacking, and that's pretty much all she does for me aside from throw darts.

Edwin is also supposed to be a bad ass spell caster but I think I lost my chance to grab him.

I don't think ive fought any ankhegs, what direction from the friendly arm are they in?

yeah. khalid and jaheira aren't that great. viconia is a very good cleric but is evil and knocks down your reputation by 2 points when recruited. is your party evil or good?

minsc is one of the best characters. he's a very good melee combatant and, since he's not quite right in the head, is pretty funny. the downside is that he's paired with a mage who's not quite as good as edwin and you can't really have those three characters in the same party for an extended period of time since edwin wants to kill the other mage which minsc is sworn to protect.

the ankhegs can be found north of the friendly arm, are 975exp each, and you can get their shell turned into the very good ankheg armor if you have 4000 gold.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

yeah. khalid and jaheira aren't that great. viconia is a very good cleric but is evil and knocks down your reputation by 2 points when recruited. is your party evil or good?

minsc is one of the best characters. he's a very good melee combatant and, since he's not quite right in the head, is pretty funny. the downside is that he's paired with a mage who's not quite as good as edwin and you can't really have those three characters in the same party for an extended period of time since edwin wants to kill the other mage which minsc is sworn to protect.

the ankhegs can be found north of the friendly arm, are 975exp each, and you can get their shell turned into the very good ankheg armor if you have 4000 gold.

at the moment my party is mostly good except for kagain, but he's such a good tank. Is it feasible to have a mixed party? I read that you can get minsc in your party to stay if you get Dynaheir killed. I don't think I can get Edwin now anyway, he's not in nashkel at all.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

ReadingRainbow4

at the moment my party is mostly good except for kagain, but he's such a good tank. Is it feasible to have a mixed party? I read that you can get minsc in your party to stay if you get Dynaheir killed. I don't think I can get Edwin now anyway, he's not in nashkel at all.

it's feasible to have a mixed party but you have to keep an eye on your reputation. evil characters will pack up and leave if you go over 17 and good characters will do the same if you drop down to 5. i think even neutral characters leave if you get down to 2.

yeah. minsc stays with you if dynaheir dies but he will be sad about it. edwin will gloat about it, though, which is amusing. if you refused edwin when you first met him, i think he's gone for good.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#113 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"] A gaming rig for a remastered version of a 14 year old game? Seriously? :roll:

CaseyWegner

Well thats how much I know about PC gaming. I don't know at all, and dont know how much the graphics have been enhanced. All I have is a toshiba laptop, and I don't know the specs of it. But only about 3 years old.

a three year old computer should be able to more than handle it. it just needs 512MB memory, 1ghz processor, and an opengl 2.0 compatible video card. easy.

I found what my laptop can handle. It has 2.2 GHZ processor, 3GB SDRAM, 250GB HDD......I dont know where it says anything about the video card....all it says is DVD-Supermulti...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I have this on my laptop. So, I can't really be bothered with BGEE.

61cdyz2nxbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 CaseyWegner

I have this on my laptop. So, I can't really be bothered with BGEE.

61cdyz2nxbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

jun_aka_pekto

there's always room for more baldur's gate.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#116 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I don't think the Enhanced Edition is a better option than buying Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II on GOG and fuse them into a single RPG through the BGT mod. The new content is meh. It might worth buying for iPad though.

Also, the original game looks way better in my opinion:

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#117 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if my dad bought this game; even though he's beaten it over 10 times. Seriously... :P

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Well thats how much I know about PC gaming. I don't know at all, and dont know how much the graphics have been enhanced. All I have is a toshiba laptop, and I don't know the specs of it. But only about 3 years old.

ristactionjakso

a three year old computer should be able to more than handle it. it just needs 512MB memory, 1ghz processor, and an opengl 2.0 compatible video card. easy.

I found what my laptop can handle. It has 2.2 GHZ processor, 3GB SDRAM, 250GB HDD......I dont know where it says anything about the video card....all it says is DVD-Supermulti...

you're probably fine. you can check out what video card you have by right clicking on the desktop, clicking properties, and clicking settings.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 CaseyWegner

I don't think the Enhanced Edition is a better option than buying Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II on GOG and fuse them into a single RPG through the BGT mod. The new content is meh. It might worth buying for iPad though.

Also, the original game looks way better in my opinion:

RyuRanVII

it's probably not the best version right now but once modders start getting to it then i can see it taking over.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

So overall, are there any major bugs or negative inconsistencies that might hurt my playtrough? I'm itching to get the EE edition since i'm way to lazy at the moment to mod the game.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 CaseyWegner

So overall, are there any major bugs or negative inconsistencies that might hurt my playtrough? I'm itching to get the EE edition since i'm way to lazy at the moment to mod the game.

Lucianu

it's had a couple of patches already so whatever bugs there were are getting stamped out. i'm on act 3 and the only issue i've run into is not being able to recruit dorn because i rested before talking to him after an action sequence. you should get it.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Lucianu

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

CaseyWegner

it's had a couple of patches already so whatever bugs there were are getting stamped out. i'm on act 3 and the only issue i've run into is not being able to recruit dorn because i rested before talking to him after an action sequence. you should get it.

Thanks for the info, man. I've got 20 bucks to spare, hell, might as well get it. I'm digging the zoom feature and the streamlined quest log, those aren't available with mods for the original. And there is going to be a strong modding community around the EE version.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Hey where can I download this game from?? A search on Steam and GOG give me no hits....

I apologize if this has been answered already, I tried searching thru the many pages on this thread

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Lucianu

Hey where can I download this game from?? A search on Steam and GOG give me no hits....

I apologize if this has been answered already, I tried searching thru the many pages on this thread

enzyme36

You can get it from here.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

[QUOTE="enzyme36"]

Lucianu

You can get it from here.

beamdog huh... ok thanks, never heard of this website

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Guys, the stereo sound is driving me insane, is there anything you can do about it??? If you have the camera to the left, all the footsteps will tap only in the right earphone and vice versa. It's absolutely craziness

JameMcCabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 JameMcCabe
Member since 2012 • 326 Posts

I just checked out the screenshots for this game. Graphics look like they suck really bad. Don't think I will be buying it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I just checked out the screenshots for this game. Graphics look like they suck really bad. Don't think I will be buying it.

JameMcCabe

It's a game from 1998

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="JameMcCabe"]

lostrib

It's a game from 1998

but in this case the original looks better. for some reason they didn't allow the option to change resolution, so everything has a blurred quality to it. I wonder if they can fix that, it's been said it's because they introduced the zoomable camera.

I really like Neera as a party member though. She's a pretty great addition.