Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition anyone?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

I loved BG2 but never finished BG1 so obviously i took this chance and bought the game.

So far i was really enjoying the game, but there are still alot of bugs and i've been the victim of one of those blocking me from getting one of the new npcs into my party :(

Elitro

which one?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I never could enjoy the Baldur's Gate series, the settings, the plot are way to predictable and boring for me to get through, and the dialogues are so damn yawn inducing and uninspired (except for the party banter).

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CaseyWegner

I never could enjoy the Baldur's Gate series, the settings, the plot are way to predictable and boring for me to get through, and the dialogues are so damn yawn inducing and uninspired (except for the party banter).

Lucianu

how far have you played into them?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I never played these games before but I'm finding I am enjoying myself, there's alot of depth here although I find the melee system to be kind of lame.

Basically what I've been doing is sending my two melee attackers, a half-elf with dual longswords to just chop everything up and my dwarf with axe and shield into the fray while everyone else just attacks at range. It's worked for every situation so far, and If I have a large battle heading my way I wait till they are all clumped together and have Neera cast Sleep.

Then I can kill them all while they are knocked out. I haven't made it to the level 2 yet but I hope we get more options for combat than just clicking on the enemy, I'd like to use stuff like Cleave, or anyother moves.

I just made it to nashkel village, the story is picking up a bit more but It's a very slow burner.

I really wish there was a run button however, I know there's haste spells and what not, but I'm still very early in the game.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CaseyWegner

I never played these games before but I'm finding I am enjoying myself, there's alot of depth here although I find the melee system to be kind of lame.

Basically what I've been doing is sending my two melee attackers, a half-elf with dual longswords to just chop everything up and my dwarf with axe and shield into the fray while everyone else just attacks at range. It's worked for every situation so far, and If I have a large battle heading my way I wait till they are all clumped together and have Neera cast Sleep.

Then I can kill them all while they are knocked out. I haven't made it to the level 2 yet but I hope we get more options for combat than just clicking on the enemy, I'd like to use stuff like Cleave, or anyother moves.

I just made it to nashkel village, the story is picking up a bit more but It's a very slow burner.

ReadingRainbow4

melee combat never gets any deeper unless you're something other than a fighter? what character classes are your two melee guys?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

CaseyWegner

melee combat never gets any deeper unless you're something other than a fighter? what character classes are your two melee guys?

My mains a berserker, the dwarf is that drunken mercenary guy you can pick up in belegost.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Meh that game is so old and clunky. Even the other day I tried to play NWN2: MotB and could hardly digest it. Better off playing newer stuff.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ReadingRainbow4

I'm thinking about going back a few maps and grabbing that elf that sounds like clint eastwood, Range power is bad ass in this game.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

ReadingRainbow4

My mains a berserker, the dwarf is that drunken mercenary guy you can pick up in belegost.

well, at least the berserker has a special ability that can give you something else to click while fighting. your fighter dwarf, kagain, is just a straightforward melee fighter but a good one.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lucianu

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

CaseyWegner

I barely remember, it was long after i met with Misc in BG1, and looong after Inoue was kidnapped by the old mage guy in BG2.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Lucianu

I barely remember, it was long after i met with Misc in BG1, and looong after Inoue was kidnapped by the old mage guy in BG2.

both games do start up slow but once they get going there's nothing better. i suppose it's hard to guess how far you made it into the games since both of the events you described happen pretty early.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Lucianu

Meh that game is so old and clunky. Even the other day I tried to play NWN2: MotB and could hardly digest it. Better off playing newer stuff.

glez13

Infinity Engine games are practically ageless, give it a go, you might like it. Beatiful 2D artwork, simple UI to get the hang of, combat isn't hard to get into either since you can just pause anytime you want until you've grown accustomed to it. Just because it's 2D doesn't mean it's inferior to 3D. And the genre has ben devolving since the late 90s.. so roleplaying your character is going to be more immersive here.

But what, MotB? What tha f*ck is this blasphemy?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lucianu

both games do start up slow but once they get going there's nothing better. i suppose it's hard to guess how far you made it into the games since both of the events you described happen pretty early.

CaseyWegner

I got pretty far in BG2, but quit because i lost all intent to get further.. (took a break then never returned) , then a couple of years later wanted to replay the game and couldn't go trough it again. Tried it again, like, a few months ago, modded to hell, and still couldn't get into it. I just can't find the motivation to go trough it.

But i think i'm going to give the first one another go with this Enhanced Edition just for the hell of it... i liked it better than the second one anyway because there's way more exploration here, and i didn't even play it with mods back wen i did years ago.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Lucianu

I got pretty far in BG2, but quit because i lost all intent to get further.. (took a break then never returned) , then a couple of years later wanted to replay the game and couldn't go trough it again. Tried it again, like, a few months ago, modded to hell, and still couldn't get into it. I just can't find the motivation to go trough it.

But i think i'm going to give the first one another go with this Enhanced Edition just for the hell of it... i liked it better than the second one anyway because there's way more exploration here, and i didn't even play it with mods back wen i did years ago.

They are working on BG2 enhanced right now I believe.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
possibly Planescape Torment EE version aswell.SalikSST
this would be the most incredible news ever - as planescape: torment is one of - if not my favorite - games of all time. I still own the disc, but I would rebuy the enhanced edition in a heart beat.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Lucianu

did you get to the point in bg2 where you rescued the person you said was kidnapped?

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I might get it someday, but I've not played a Bioware game that I thought was actually good, so I'll definitely wait until I've really just got no other games to play, and maybe a sale or something.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 CaseyWegner

I might get it someday, but I've not played a Bioware game that I thought was actually good, so I'll definitely wait until I've really just got no other games to play, and maybe a sale or something.

Ly_the_Fairy

what of theirs have you played?

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
I snagged an iPad Mini a few weeks ago and I'm waiting on that version. Can't waeeeet.
Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

[QUOTE="Elitro"]

I loved BG2 but never finished BG1 so obviously i took this chance and bought the game.

So far i was really enjoying the game, but there are still alot of bugs and i've been the victim of one of those blocking me from getting one of the new npcs into my party :(

CaseyWegner

which one?

Neera :(

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ReadingRainbow4

I just gave neera a belt that was cursed and turned her into a dude.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, this is a must buy for me!

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Elitro

I just gave neera a belt that was cursed and turned her into a dude.

ReadingRainbow4

Oh yeah, there are a bunch of cursed items. There's a ring(?) that transforms you into a zombie as well :)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Wish they brought it to consoles. If the freaking iPad gets it I want my 360 to :P
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Elitro"]

Elitro

which one?

oh no. she's cool. any idea how it happened?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

[QUOTE="glez13"]

Lucianu

Infinity Engine games are practically ageless, give it a go, you might like it. Beatiful 2D artwork, simple UI to get the hang of, combat isn't hard to get into either since you can just pause anytime you want until you've grown accustomed to it. Just because it's 2D doesn't mean it's inferior to 3D. And the genre has ben devolving since the late 90s.. so roleplaying your character is going to be more immersive here.

But what, MotB? What tha f*ck is this blasphemy?

That's only the beginning. I never liked Fallout 1 and 2 either and prefer Oblivion and Skyrim over Morrowind which is sleep inducing and has terrible art style.

Also why are you trying to convince me when on the other post you admitted you couldn't finish them either?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ReadingRainbow4

holy crap, I just decided to take a nap infront of the nashkel mine, and when I awoke this ghost thing nearly wiped my entire party.

good thing I quicksaved, Is there a way for me to change party formation I'm trying to find it on google at the moment and having a bit of trouble. I'd like my fighters in the front mages and ranged in the back yet they keep running to the front.

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Elitro

[QUOTE="Elitro"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Yeah, i turned her down the first time and she says you can pick her up at the Friendly Arm inn at a later time... guess she lied :P

holy crap, I just decided to take a nap infront of the nashkel mine, and when I awoke this ghost thing nearly wiped my entire party.

good thing I quicksaved, Is there a way for me to change party formation I'm trying to find it on google at the moment and having a bit of trouble. I'd like my fighters in the front mages and ranged in the back yet they keep running to the front.

ReadingRainbow4

Yes, there are quick formation in the bottom right of the screen, some dots depicting multiple positions. The dot position is determined by the way your characters are on the right. So if you want the melee in front make sure you drag their portraits top, while placing all the range bottom. You can drag them normally outside of menus.

PS: i forgot to mention that there seems to be a bug concerning default script behaviours where ranged characters sometimes run into melee range and start attacking there :S best thing to do is to pause and click them to attack manually before they run in...

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Elitro"]

Elitro

Yeah, i turned her down the first time and she says you can pick ur up at the Friendly Arm inn at a later time... guess she lied :[

ReadingRainbow4

Yes, there are quick formation in the bottom right of the screen, some dots depicting multiple positions. The dot position is determined by the way your characters are on the right. So if you want the melee in front make sure you drag their portraits top, while placing all the range bottom. You can drag them normally outside of menus.

Yeah I've been using those, but I was hoping for being able to tell the game who to keep close to me at all time, It seems imoen always finds her way to me in the front.

Edit: awesome I put imoen in the back by dragging her, thanks.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CaseyWegner

Yeah, i turned her down the first time and she says you can pick her up at the Friendly Arm inn at a later time... guess she lied :P

Elitro

ha. you can get her pretty early. how far in were you when this happened? i'd have started over.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Far too dated. I just can't get into it again.

I can still get into classics like DeusEx though (with the right mods).

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ReadingRainbow4

playing through this, biowares fall from grace is really apparent.

The choices you can make in this are wonderful, you can do much more than be a jerk, you can be one evil son of a **** if you want.

I'm in chapter 3 at the moment, I made my guy chaotic good but some of the things you can do are too fun to pass up.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#83 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
Wish they brought it to consoles. If the freaking iPad gets it I want my 360 to :Plocopatho
Yeah its a shame.... I would of loved it on psn. I would of bought 2 copies.. I still remember the screenshots for this game when it was supposed to come out for PS1 Here is a video of Baldurs gate on Playstation 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QGS34Lj7qA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QasT_9jN0jI Apparently you can actually get the ps1 version as it was released to the public last year (as a fully playable version of the game) See my second youtube link. the guy explains it in the video notes. Really amazing that they actually made the game. Like i said the fact that wasn't released made me go back to pc gaming after having stopped after Ultima VII on the 386. If this could of been made on PS1 ... Ps3. and 360 would of worked fine...
Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Elitro

[QUOTE="Elitro"]

CaseyWegner

ha. you can get her pretty early. how far in were you when this happened? i'd have started over.

I know, been thinking about it for a while... I am alot of hours in. Since i didn't explore the city at the beggining i ended up doing all the maps i could find until i searched again in the first maps :).

However It seems a patch is comming somewhere the comming weeks...

playing through this, biowares fall from grace is really apparent.

The choices you can make in this are wonderful, you can do much more than be a jerk, you can be one evil son of a **** if you want.

I'm in chapter 3 at the moment, I made my guy chaotic good but some of the things you can do are too fun to pass up.

ReadingRainbow4

And this is only BG1... From what i've played so far BG2 is still better in every aspect, so be ready for a pleasent suprise when you pick that one up :)

Dragon Age had alot of improvements (especially melee combat) but it still lacked alot of small details that made BG so special for me.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lucianu

That's only the beginning. I never liked Fallout 1 and 2 either and prefer Oblivion and Skyrim over Morrowind which is sleep inducing and has terrible art style.

Also why are you trying to convince me when on the other post you admitted you couldn't finish them either?

glez13

It's perfectly common, no game will have universal appeal. As for my own perspective i agree about Morrowind, it trully is a terrible game these days. Brain dead AI, bland and ugly artstyle, bland & predictable story. The lore is good. Modded Morrowind is great though. Fallout 1 & 2, with the restoration patch and the Hi Res patch are wonderful.

It's simple, i never complained about the technical aspects of the game. Infinity Engine games don't 'age' because they will always look beautiful thanks to the painting-like artstyle, and will always be playable because they are very accesable thanks to the pause system and UI. As long as the mouse/keyboard combo is relevant at least.

What i didn't like is the boring settings, the bland and predictable story and the uninspired dialogue. Who knows, maybe you wont have a problem.shrug.gif

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lucianu

did you get to the point in bg2 where you rescued the person you said was kidnapped?

CaseyWegner

I have no idea, man. I never attempted to get as far as i had first time playing, on my other playtroughts. I remember that before quiting i was doing a bigger quest in a .. castle which was occupied by enemies. Exploring that huge castle is the only thing embedded in my mind, and that was long after the girl was kidnapped.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Lucianu

I have no idea, man. I never attempted to get as far as i had first time playing, on my other playtroughts. I remember that before quiting i was doing a bigger quest in a .. castle which was occupied by enemies. Exploring that huge castle is the only thing embedded in my mind, and that was long after the girl was kidnapped.

sounds like you were still in act 2. the story doesn't really pick up until act 3. if you can force yourself to stick with it, you might change your mind. :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
Might get this on ipad if it turns out to be good on it.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CaseyWegner

Might get this on ipad if it turns out to be good on it. Heil68

ever play the pc original?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#90 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I would buy it instantly if it was on consoles too. I dont have a gaming rig.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#91 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Flip, forgot about this. How does the enhanced version differ from the original?
Might get this on ipad if it turns out to be good on it. Heil68
Not sure how it would even be playable on the ipad :?
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lucianu

ristactionjakso

The game can run on a toaster, if you're using a PC right now, i can bet you the hair on my head that it'll work just fine with BG EE.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

ristactionjakso

A gaming rig for a remastered version of a 14 year old game? Seriously? :roll:

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 CaseyWegner

Flip, forgot about this. How does the enhanced version differ from the original?[QUOTE="Heil68"]Might get this on ipad if it turns out to be good on it. blue_hazy_basic
Not sure how it would even be playable on the ipad :?

it should work fine. use the touch screen to select things like a mouse click would. you can also swipe between menus.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 CaseyWegner

I know, been thinking about it for a while... I am alot of hours in. Since i didn't explore the city at the beggining i ended up doing all the maps i could find until i searched again in the first maps :).

Elitro

i think dorn might be bugged in my game. after the initial meeting with him, i met him again during a travel segment and played out the action sequence. i then rested before talking to him and now all it says when i try to click on him is that he has nothing to say to me. i don't know if i'm supposed to be able to talk to him at this point or not but i'm a little concerned.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Only played BG2, loved it so I am definitely gonna try out BG1. Always so hard to pick a class though, so many to pick from...

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#97 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

MrYaotubo

Well thats how much I know about PC gaming. I don't know at all, and dont know how much the graphics have been enhanced. All I have is a toshiba laptop, and I don't know the specs of it. But only about 3 years old.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

ristactionjakso

Well thats how much I know about PC gaming. I don't know at all, and dont know how much the graphics have been enhanced. All I have is a toshiba laptop, and I don't know the specs of it. But only about 3 years old.

a three year old computer should be able to more than handle it. it just needs 512MB memory, 1ghz processor, and an opengl 2.0 compatible video card. easy.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Casey's getting me all fired up to play this!:D

I'm gonna go ahead with the PC version first, and if I'm enjoying it I might add the iPad version once cloud saves are patched in. Kind of silly it isn't on Steam though.

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Elitro

[QUOTE="Elitro"]

CaseyWegner

i think dorn might be bugged in my game. after the initial meeting with him, i met him again during a travel segment and played out the action sequence. i then rested before talking to him and now all it says when i try to click on him is that he has nothing to say to me. i don't know if i'm supposed to be able to talk to him at this point or not but i'm a little concerned.

Yeah i heard that one too... it's what neera says to me :/