Bad company 2 vs Halo reach vs Black ops

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shahilsyed
Member since 2010 • 654 Posts

Out of the three, which one do you prefer the most and most you like? I love Halo reach, with the new map pack, it's just awesome. My vote goes to Halo reach. BFBC2 is just as good for me and Black ops is the same thing as MW2 with some extra game modes, customization, new maps and weapons.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
BC2 PC>Reach>COD>BC2 console
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shahilsyed

I guess Reach is winning.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Bad Company 2 I played for around 50 hours I'd assume

Halo Reach I didn't much like the beta

CoD lol no

BC2 > Halo Reach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CoD

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

BC2>>>Black Ops>>>Reach.

shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shahilsyed

BFBC2 is winning now, don't have a problem with that unless Black ops takes the lead.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Out of those? They all are meh :) But I guess BC2, and I don't even own it, but I played the beta, better than black ops and Halo reach for sure.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

whats with you and FPS threads?:?

anyway reach. easily. though BCBF2s MP is as good as reach's reach wins because of the better campaign.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Halo reach is out of question, even more full of fanboyism than black ops. BC2 is the only reasonable one here, has the best sound design (which might not seem like much but boiy, it adds to the experience), the more humorous story, way better multi-player.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Graphics in halo reach suck... just sayin

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamedude234

Halo reach is out of question, even more full of fanboyism than black ops. BC2 is the only reasonable one here, has the best sound design (which might not seem like much but boiy, it adds to the experience), the more humorous story, way better multi-player.

parkurtommo

except it outscored BO and BFBC2 everywhere: also, the sound in reach is far superior to BFBC2. and it has far more replayability

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts
BC2 PC>Reach>COD>BC2 consoleIantheone
Im sure you own all of them.
markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

reach, less camping = good imo.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Keiji993
Member since 2009 • 1059 Posts

Out of the three, which one do you prefer the most and most you like? I love Halo reach, with the new map pack, it's just awesome. My vote goes to Halo reach. BFBC2 is just as good for me and Black ops is the same thing as MW2 with some extra game modes, customization, new maps and weapons.

shahilsyed
How is Black Ops the same as MW2 which it has new game modes, customization new maps and new weapons + much more balanced?
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Iantheone
[QUOTE="Iantheone"]BC2 PC>Reach>COD>BC2 consoleSandvichman
Im sure you own all of them.

I own the Pc version of BC2 and have played they others quite a bit when I borrow my friends 360. Probably 35 hours in Reach, 20 in BO, and 20 in BC2.
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamedude234

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

Keiji993

How is Black Ops the same as MW2 which it has new game modes, new maps and new weapons + much more balanced?

new game modes, weapons and maps are to be expected in a sequel:| customisationi'll give you though. and the gameplay is the exact same.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Keiji993

[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

gamedude234

How is Black Ops the same as MW2 which it has new game modes, new maps and new weapons + much more balanced?

new game modes, weapons and maps are to be expected in a sequel:| customisationi'll give you though. and the gameplay is the exact same.

You obviously havnt played the game if you think the gameplay is the same as MW2
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

System Wars Polls... a study in scientific accuracy... PS3 game or game that is at least on the ps3 will win and then it will be a dog fight for last between the xbox exclusive and the game made by either EA or Activision. Kudos System Wars, you've actually created the new dimension where everything is backwards.

mannyboo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mannyboo22
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="Keiji993"] How is Black Ops the same as MW2 which it has new game modes, new maps and new weapons + much more balanced?Keiji993

You obviously havnt played the game if you think the gameplay is the same as MW2

Well I've played it and I can tell you that yes it is the exact same gameplay. Knifing still sucks. And to the person that said BC2 on consoles is in dead last... I just want to say you're wrong. :)

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Keiji993

[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="gamedude234"]

mannyboo22

Well I've played it and I can tell you that yes it is the exact same gameplay. Knifing still sucks. And to the person that said BC2 on consoles is in dead last... I just want to say you're wrong. :)

You cant knife someone from 50 feet now, it's alot better. It doesn't hit consistently now but it's better than sniper range knifing.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Iantheone

[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="gamedude234"]

mannyboo22

Its just my opinion. When I played it on console all I ever got was sniper spam with a few people in tanks. It was just terrible compared to the PC version which had a higher player cap and a better community.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#22 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Bad Company 2 didn't stick with me, got old very fast, and Black Ops felt like a MW2 clone. Halo Reach takes the cake for me, it's still refreshing to play and with my fascination with Forge and Firefight, I'll have Reach close to me for a long time.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Keiji993"] You obviously havnt played the game if you think the gameplay is the same as MW2

The gameplay is exactly the same. :?
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shahilsyed

BC2 is winning, Halo reach is close second and black ops is third by far.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
BFBC2 isn't as popular as Reach and COD, so naturally it it the intellectual choice. I'll go with Reach
Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Keiji993
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Keiji993"] You obviously havnt played the game if you think the gameplay is the same as MW2

Go watch a few MW2 gameplay videos then some Black Ops and google the difference then play it because your lying to yourself. Black Ops is ALOT better than MW2.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Keiji993"] You obviously havnt played the game if you think the gameplay is the same as MW2

Go watch a few MW2 gameplay videos then some Black Ops and google the difference then play it because your lying to yourself. Black Ops is ALOT better than MW2.

no... its exactly the same with different guns.
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shahilsyed

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Keiji993"] You obviously havnt played the game if you think the gameplay is the same as MW2Keiji993

BO is a polished MW2. The gameplay hasn't changed even a bit. Similar killstreaks, same perks with different name, different map(rehashed), different guns.

Gameplay: No change

You get extra game modes like Wager match but it gets really boring

They've added alot of customization.

I'm sorry, Gameplay comes first. They removed deathstreaks, commando. Well, Second chance pro is worser than any of the deathstreaks in MW2. Everyone has commando in black ops. It's built in the game. I'm still playing Reach, I'll be playing BC2 when vietnam comes out.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#29 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

gamedude234

except it outscored BO and BFBC2 everywhere: also, the sound in reach is far superior to BFBC2. and it has far more replayability

How is the sound design in Reach far superior to BFBC2? I'll accept you're opinion that the sounds are better but far superior? The sound in BFBC2 is unmatched and amazing imo. Reach still sounds like you're firing toys, but whatever.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Keiji993

[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]The gameplay is exactly the same. :?shahilsyed

BO is a polished MW2. The gameplay hasn't changed even a bit. Similar killstreaks, same perks with different name, different map(rehashed), different guns.

I'm sorry, Gameplay comes first. They removed deathstreaks, commando. Well, Second chance pro is worser than any of the deathstreaks in MW2. Everyone has commando in black ops. It's built in the game. I'm still playing Reach, I'll be playing BC2 when vietnam comes out.

i agree with the second chance being the worse thing about it but to the people who are saying Black Ops is the same as MW2 are crazy and just want to fit in with the hate wagon. Killstreaks toned down for the better, shotguns aren't secondary now and doesn't have sniper range, better weapon balance, takes more bullets to kill, less campin no more noobtubes, etc. There's so many improvements that made this game great. I didn't play MW2 much but I'm playing Black Ops alot more.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Keiji993"] You obviously havnt played the game if you think the gameplay is the same as MW2Keiji993

No, the gameplay is exactly the same. Most of the new guns are just reskins of older guns from previous CoD titles. It isn't that different from the others.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
OA >>>>>>>all
Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Keiji993

[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]The gameplay is exactly the same. :?IndianaPwns39

No, the gameplay is exactly the same. Most of the new guns are just reskins of older guns from previous CoD titles. It isn't that different from the others.

Wrong. The gameplay is NOT the same. Please, educate yourself. Stop following the hate wagon.
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shahilsyed

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

[QUOTE="Keiji993"] Go watch a few MW2 gameplay videos then some Black Ops and google the difference then play it because your lying to yourself. Black Ops is ALOT better than MW2.Keiji993

i agree with the second chance being the worse thing about it but to the people who are saying Black Ops is the same as MW2 are crazy and just want to fit in with the hate wagon. Killstreaks toned down for the better, shotguns aren't secondary now and doesn't have sniper range, better weapon balance, takes more bullets to kill, less campin no more noobtubes, etc. There's so many improvements that made this game great. I didn't play MW2 much but I'm playing Black Ops alot more.

They've made some improvements to the game and that's it. Like I said, It's a polished MW2. It's like a huge patch to MW2. I had more fun with MW2 because it was something new like you can choose your own killstreak, etc. Black ops just copy+pasted it and improved. Black ops is not new that's why I find it boring. COD4 made the idea of killstreaks, perks, make your own classes, prestiging, Gun Attachments and etc. Cod5 is a copy+paste of COD4, that's why no one liked it. MW2 made the idea of choosing your owning killstreak, deathstreaks. BO is copy+paste+improvements to MW2.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Keiji993

[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

shahilsyed

They've made some improvements to the game and that's it. Like I said, It's a polished MW2. It's like a huge patch to MW2. I had more fun with MW2 because it was something new like you can choose your own killstreak, etc. Black ops just copy+pasted it and improved. Black ops is not new that's why I find it boring. COD4 made the idea of killstreaks, perks, make your own classes, prestiging, Gun Attachments and etc. Cod5 is a copy+paste of COD4, that's why no one liked it. MW2 made the idea of choosing your owning killstreak, deathstreaks. BO is copy+paste+improvements to MW2.

So you wanted Black Ops to be completely different? How much different can a FPs with that time period be and it's a COD sequL. ALL Halo games have the exact same gameplay, so now their just rehashes, right? The only thing different they could have done so people wouldn't call it MW2 even tho it's 20x better was to add vehicles.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 campzor
[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="Keiji993"] Go watch a few MW2 gameplay videos then some Black Ops and google the difference then play it because your lying to yourself. Black Ops is ALOT better than MW2.Keiji993

Wrong. The gameplay is NOT the same. Please, educate yourself. Stop following the hate wagon.

how is the GAMEPLAY any different ? Same controls , killstreaks still there , perks still there. The only 'different' gameplay element is Diving...
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Keiji993"] Wrong. The gameplay is NOT the same. Please, educate yourself. Stop following the hate wagon.

How is the gameplay different? I've extensively played all the Call of Duty games, and the major difference I saw in Black Ops was currency. Other than that... it's practically MW2 with a different coat of paint.
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shahilsyed

Look at Halo Reach for example, They've changed big times. Jetpacks, Class, Sprint, Hologram, upgraded Forge, anymore people?. Rehashed,eh?

shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shahilsyed
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Keiji993"] Wrong. The gameplay is NOT the same. Please, educate yourself. Stop following the hate wagon.

How is the gameplay different? I've extensively played all the Call of Duty games, and the major difference I saw in Black Ops was currency. Other than that... it's practically MW2 with a different coat of paint.

Treyarch did well with customization even though they ripped off Reach. Black ops only got a dive.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

I'm not following the hate wagon. I didn't trash the game now did I? I just said it has the same gameplay from previous titles, which is not an insult it's just a fact. You should educate yourself :roll:

The core game, the movement, shooting mechanics, animations, engine, what you're character is all-around-capable-of-doing is the same. Tweaking the perks you're allowed to have, and how much damage, isn't exactly monumental gameplay changes. It feels tweaked, like a big patch. Nothing surprising there, Treyarch copy and pasted World at War to be a WW2 skin of MW. Treyarch did the same thing with Black Ops, only lessened and tweaked what was available in MW2. I'm not hating Black Ops, before you say I am. I thought it was a superior game to MW2 because there was less and perks and such were tweaked. But the gameplay is the same thing.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Keiji993
[QUOTE="campzor"] how is the GAMEPLAY any different ? Same controls , killstreaks still there , perks still there. The only 'different' gameplay element is Diving...

That's your problem, your looking at what the game already has. The gameplay has so many improvements that add up to make it much better. I'm not going to try to explain anymore because you'll just ignore it. Go play MW2 then play Black Ops.
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shahilsyed

Treyarch copied games like Counter strike, Halo Reach.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
The gameplay has so many improvements that add up to make it much better. Keiji993
Such as ... ?
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="Keiji993"]The gameplay has so many improvements that add up to make it much better. Stevo_the_gamer
Such as ... ?

You can dive now...

That's all I got.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

You can dive now...

That's all I got.

IndianaPwns39

Dive over rockets? Much better than MW2 confirmed! :P

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

You can dive now...

That's all I got.

Stevo_the_gamer

I will say, watching people dive off a balcony or stairs while already wounded and dying is really entertaining.

shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shahilsyed

Keiji993, where's our answer?

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Keiji993

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

You can dive now...

That's all I got.

Stevo_the_gamer

Wait so your telling me how COD need is to add jet packs, and future stuff to be alot better than MW2? Core gameplay improvements doesn't matter? Wow KZ3 is going to be by far the best shooter before it even releases.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 campzor
[QUOTE="Keiji993"][QUOTE="campzor"] how is the GAMEPLAY any different ? Same controls , killstreaks still there , perks still there. The only 'different' gameplay element is Diving...

That's your problem, your looking at what the game already has. The gameplay has so many improvements that add up to make it much better. I'm not going to try to explain anymore because you'll just ignore it. Go play MW2 then play Black Ops.

u've got nothing.... its the same gameplay with a tweak or two...
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Keiji993"] Wait so your telling me how COD need is to add jet packs, and future stuff to be alot better than MW2? Core gameplay improvements doesn't matter? Wow KZ3 is going to be by far the best shooter before it even releases.

Hmm? I'm waiting on those core gameplay improvements. Black Ops plays exactly like Modern Warfare 2 since it follows the core formula to the tee -- what core gameplay differences separate the two?