Back in Black.... Bad news for Xbox One is now hitting main stream.

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57589500-71/lewis-black-gives-middle-finger-to-google-glass-and-xbox/

At first it was just game sites, then it was more general sites, now its everwhere.  The backlash on SO many levels is huge.

There are just too many sites to list but here are a few more

1. E3 audience offended by "rape joke" at Microsoft Xbox One event - CBS News
  2. Microsoft: 'We Have A Product For People Who Can't Access The Internet, It's Called Xbox 360' - Forbes
  3. http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-future-prism-140530270.html
  4.  Gamers fear Xbox One could be future of PRISM after NSA revelations MSNBC

The list goes on and on with bad news not just at games sites but in general. BAD news about this console is spreading fast. How wil Microsoft contain it?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Its one PR disaster after another.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
According to lemmings, none of these sources are consistent with 'teh real world'. So much of this is pointless until the X1 gets destroyed in sales, and then everyone can throw it in their faces.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Hilarious. Microsoft deserves every bit of this crap for the DRM BS they are attempting to trick people into accepting. Sad part is it's working on some of you.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]According to lemmings, none of these sources are consistent with 'teh real world'. So much of this is pointless until the X1 gets destroyed in sales, and then everyone can throw it in their faces.

Forbes not considered "teh real world"?
Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

What I laugh about is that Lemmings keep saying.... it does not matter what you say here, No one cares.  Well, it seems more people care that they would like to admit or there head is burred so far deap in the ground they can hear anything.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UCF_Knight
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]According to lemmings, none of these sources are consistent with 'teh real world'. So much of this is pointless until the X1 gets destroyed in sales, and then everyone can throw it in their faces.

What is real? What is the world? What is teh? These are all questions we must ask ourselves young padawan.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clyde46
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
The rape joke one... it wasn't though.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]According to lemmings, none of these sources are consistent with 'teh real world'. So much of this is pointless until the X1 gets destroyed in sales, and then everyone can throw it in their faces.clyde46

^

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

E3 may not be followed closely by the mainstream press, but the mainstream press will catch wind of the buzz from E3 and report it.  After all, it's an industry that is bigger than Hollywood and Lindsay Lohan can't snort a line of coke without it being in the Entertainment section of newspapers the next day.

That being said, the level of coverage isn't nearly the same, but it does get covered, and E3 is the closest thing the industry has to a Super Bowl.  The crows are circling overhead in XBox Land right now.  I always did find it funny that Xbox fanboys seem to think Johnny and Susie Trailer Park will swoop out of nowhere and save a machine that is launching at $500.  MSes position in the industry is untenable with the XBone.  That is just a fact.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lewis black is awesome.

the rest of the links are just stupid.

without internet the 360 would suck ass also, the rape joke is internet bullshyt at its finest  and you have to be braindead to expend energy worrying  about the x1 but ignore the phone in your pocket.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

lewis black is awesome.

without internet the 360 would suck ass also, the rape joke is internet bullshyt at its finest  and you have to be braindead to expend energy worrying  about the x1 but be ok with the phone in your pocket.

Riverwolf007
Ahh, yes, the "But your cell phone" argument. That's a good one, too. Considering that access to GPS maps, mobile internet, Facebook on the go and the ability to call people from anywhere is somehow equivocal to a videogame console that faces restrictions when compared to a cheaper and more powerful product... Your entire argument hinges on MS having built enough brand loyalty to compete with a machine that does everything the XBox One does but better. Do you really think this is an iPhone versus Android scenario? That XBox will somehow expand its marketshare this gen on marketing alone? You're not just a little bit delusional my friend.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#15 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

Hilarious. Microsoft deserves every bit of this crap for the DRM BS they are attempting to trick people into accepting. Sad part is it's working on some of you.

clr84651

MS just needs to get a lot of stupid Americans to buy their new x1 and bingo!

Unfortunately, there is a pretty good supply of those
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

According to lemmings, none of these sources are consistent with 'teh real world'. So much of this is pointless until the X1 gets destroyed in sales, and then everyone can throw it in their faces.UCF_Knight

Nope, then they will just claim 'we don't play sales' like every fanboy with his console in last position has claimed before.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The only people not bashing the Xbone are those without internet access who wouldn't be able to use it anyway. 

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

lewis black is awesome.

without internet the 360 would suck ass also, the rape joke is internet bullshyt at its finest  and you have to be braindead to expend energy worrying  about the x1 but be ok with the phone in your pocket.

Shewgenja

Ahh, yes, the "But your cell phone" argument. That's a good one, too. Considering that access to GPS maps, mobile internet, Facebook on the go and the ability to call people from anywhere is somehow equivocal to a videogame console that faces restrictions when compared to a cheaper and more powerful product... Your entire argument hinges on MS having built enough brand loyalty to compete with a machine that does everything the XBox One does but better. Do you really think this is an iPhone versus Android scenario? That XBox will somehow expand its marketshare this gen on marketing alone? You're not just a little bit delusional my friend.

this is one of the dumbest responces you have ever had.

which is saying something.

from your post i do not believe you have a clue what the conversation was even about.

this has nothing to do with brand loyalty.

the link was about the x1 spying on you.

my observation is that your phone is a greater danger than the x1 is since maybe you noticed a few storys in the media lately that are about phone spying and data collection.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

The only people not bashing the Xbone are those without internet access who wouldn't be able to use it anyway. 

NathanDrakeSwag

LOL. So the whole world hates the Xbone ?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riverwolf007

NathanDrakeSwag

they are all writing letters of complaint.

it will be another week or two before they get here and the outrage of the internetless is heard.

:P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

lewis black is awesome.

without internet the 360 would suck ass also, the rape joke is internet bullshyt at its finest  and you have to be braindead to expend energy worrying  about the x1 but ignore the phone in your pocket.

Riverwolf007
You are the champion of all that is good River :P When can you come on the podcast? :P btw i take the battery and sim card out of my phone when not in use, I seen Michael do that on Burn Notice.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

According to lemmings, none of these sources are consistent with 'teh real world'. So much of this is pointless until the X1 gets destroyed in sales, and then everyone can throw it in their faces.UCF_Knight

No the mainstream press was praising the Xbox after the reveal. It was only after the press release just before E3 and the fact that Microsoft ignored all the issues at E3 that turned the mainstream on them as well.

Xbox was beating PS4 ins preorders and even breaking records ... until E3 happened and now it seems everyones cancelled :P

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#23 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57589500-71/lewis-black-gives-middle-finger-to-google-glass-and-xbox/

At first it was just game sites, then it was more general sites, now its everwhere.  The backlash on SO many levels is huge.

There are just too mane sites to list but here are a few more

2. Microsoft: 'We Have A Product For People Who Can't Access The Internet, It's Called Xbox 360' - Forbes

The list goes on and on with bad news not just at games sites but in general. BAD news about this console is spreading fast. How wil Microsoft contain it?

Ravenlore_basic
Wow that guy is really not funny
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

lewis black is awesome.

Heil68

You are the champion of all that is good River :P When can you come on the podcast? :P btw i take the battery and sim card out of my phone when not in use, I seen Michael do that on Burn Notice.

you just want me on there cuz i turned cow. ;)

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

I'd like to see the timeline of bad news for Xbone and MS from the reveal to this day, gonna be epic!

That Sony and PS3 timeline that was created in 06 was epic.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

lewis black is awesome.

Riverwolf007

I want you on because you're a good poster and it doesnt matter what faction you are. To be honest I didn't know you turned cow either. :P Besides I got you to agree to come on at some point in the past, you're on our guest list!
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] You are the champion of all that is good River :P When can you come on the podcast? :P btw i take the battery and sim card out of my phone when not in use, I seen Michael do that on Burn Notice.Heil68

I want you on because you're a good poster and it doesnt matter what faction you are. To be honest I didn't know you turned cow either. :P Besides I got you to agree to come on at some point in the past, you're on our guest list!

well i'm still going to ridicule everything anyway just like before so it's not like the faction matters.

anyway you can just pm me the instructions or whatever so we can set up the time or however it is you do it.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

.clyde46
:lol:

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
I've officially turned Leming myself. I liked what Microsoft showed at e3 as far as games go. I really don't understand the backlash the machine is getting. Our phones are always connected. The government knows when we swipe our credit and debit cards. They can read our e-mails. In fact, if we do anything at all that involves the internet, the government knows about it. Why aren't gamers here up in arms about that? There's so much more gamers should be up in arms about besides whether or not the X1 can see you naked and report it to the FBI. The ability of Kinect to see that is certainly disturbing if Microsoft is allowed to share that with the FBI, but they wouldn't if people stood up to the government and said no. Stop snooping around my calls and e-mails and texts and give me my country back! Stand up to Microsoft too and make them accountable for that kind of crap. Just the rants of a converted Leming because I liked their games they showed at e3. Always online doesn't bother me since I'm always online anyway, but the X1 isn't the only point of concern where privacy goes.
SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

TLHBO!!!

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts
Its one PR disaster after another. clyde46
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
The lemming damage control meter is going off the charts!! Face it, it's not XBOX ONE, it's XBOX DONE!! This is coming from someone who was hardcore XBOX and XBOX 360. I simply cannot and will not support MS in this. It is too expensive, too intrusive and too restrictive. I don't want to have to jump through hoops to play my games. My time is simply too valuable!! The bulk of the games I play are multi-plats anyway and honestly, from what I have seen, the PS4 exclusive content is much more interesting to me.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Riverwolf007

The lemming damage control meter is going off the charts!! Face it, it's not XBOX ONE, it's XBOX DONE!! This is coming from someone who was hardcore XBOX and XBOX 360. I simply cannot and will not support MS in this. It is too expensive, too intrusive and too restrictive. I don't want to have to jump through hoops to play my games. My time is simply too valuable!! The bulk of the games I play are multi-plats anyway and honestly, from what I have seen, the PS4 exclusive content is much more interesting to me.ShoTTyMcNaDeS
time for a wake up call.

you are posting here and playing games.

your time is not valuable.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I have to wonder, with such backlash from not only gaming websites but like every news source in general...will MS change the Xbox One policy at this junction? They've still got time and it would at least cool down the flames a little bit.

GONtheSKYLORD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GONtheSKYLORD
Member since 2008 • 3042 Posts
Should be obvious to everyone by now that MS supports rape.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I have to wonder, with such backlash from not only gaming websites but like every news source in general...will MS change the Xbox One policy at this junction? They've still got time and it would at least cool down the flames a little bit.

Goyoshi12

I think they're going to ride it out to see if public opinion will die down. If it does, bonus for them, if not then they can use it as a defacto "megaton announcement" at the next big video game conference.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Xbone will be like Steam, all hated it in the beginning but now all love it :lol:

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

clr84651

MS just needs to get a lot of stupid Americans to buy their new x1 and bingo!

I find it funny people are making fun of the country that is complaining about the X1 the most.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Ravenlore_basic
The rape joke thing is total BS. I never thought of it that way at all. If you watch the rest of that segment, the girl ended up beating the guy in the next round. Just more people taking things the wrong way as usual. People are stupid.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

E3 may not be followed closely by the mainstream press, but the mainstream press will catch wind of the buzz from E3 and report it.  After all, it's an industry that is bigger than Hollywood and Lindsay Lohan can't snort a line of coke without it being in the Entertainment section of newspapers the next day.

That being said, the level of coverage isn't nearly the same, but it does get covered, and E3 is the closest thing the industry has to a Super Bowl.  The crows are circling overhead in XBox Land right now.  I always did find it funny that Xbox fanboys seem to think Johnny and Susie Trailer Park will swoop out of nowhere and save a machine that is launching at $500.  MSes position in the industry is untenable with the XBone.  That is just a fact.

Shewgenja

I whole heartedly agree ,I still can't fathom how they believe the non-gaming public will buy an overpriced machine that essentially just mimics what alot of  other cheaper devices are already doing....they are delusional.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravenlore_basic"]

blackace

The rape joke thing is total BS. I never thought of it that way at all. If you watch the rest of that segment, the girl ended up beating the guy in the next round. Just more people taking things the wrong way as usual. People are stupid.

Most people interpreted it as a tape joke, including many of the people who found it funny. Just because the connotations went over your head does not mean that everyone else is incorrect for being offended by it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

I hate that guy, one of the most unfunny people I've ever seen.  Then again, he was actually funny at the end of that video (saw it on CC).

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Microsoft will close by this time next year.

Quote me on it. 

By the 16th of June 2014, Microsoft will no longer be in buisness.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UCF_Knight

Microsoft will close by this time next year.

Quote me on it. 

By the 16th of June 2014, Microsoft will no longer be in buisness.

HyperWarlock
Done.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Xbox One is doomed.

Avatar image for longtimelurker0
longtimelurker0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 longtimelurker0
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

I'm just wondering when micrsosoft will actualy get some good press, I honestly can't think of a way this can happen unless they got rid of the drm. It just seems to be snow balling.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#47 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It doesn't help that Xbox One was announced when it was also reported that the United States is spying on it's own people.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

jer_1
I'm not being tricked, I just do not care.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="Ravenlore_basic"]

Timstuff

Most people interpreted it as a tape joke, including many of the people who found it funny. Just because the connotations went over your head does not mean that everyone else is incorrect for being offended by it.

The people being offended by it lack any real intelligence if that's the case. Shows where their minds actually are. In their pants or on a porn site. Way overblown just to stir up more negativity over nothing.
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323949904578539331615071540.html WSJ actually matters a good amount to investors. :/