Axiom Verge crashing on Epic Store because of a "steam" file

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#1 Posted by NoodleFighter (9868 posts) -

Axiom Verge which is the current free title Epic Store is giving out is crashing when it reaches a certain level. The reason is because the level has steam and the steam sound effect was removed. The cause of the missing sound effect was because when the developer was editing the game for the Epic Store by removing all Valve/Steam files he accidently included the steam sound effect.

The most hilarious part was that everyone went to the Steam forums to get help for their broken copies and talk to the devs since the Epic Store has no forums.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#2 Posted by AJStyles (451 posts) -

Steam sabotaging their games so they won’t work on other platforms.

That is shameful.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#3 Posted by ProtossRushX (5040 posts) -

Epic Games Store is trash just buy the game on steam imo

Avatar image for davillain-
#4 Posted by DaVillain- (34460 posts) -

Epic Fail!

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43076 posts) -

This is hilarious. Yet another reason the Epic store is a bad choice.

@NoodleFighter said:

The most hilarious part was that everyone went to the Steam forums to get help for their broken copies and talk to the devs since the Epic Store has no forums.

And another reason!

@ajstyles said:

Steam sabotaging their games so they won’t work on other platforms.

That is shameful.

Joke?

It's the other way around; Epic sabotaged it so it won't work ON THEIR OWN platform.

But you're right, that is shameful lol.

Avatar image for vaeh
#6 Posted by Vaeh (361 posts) -

It's a shame that this game is still not on GOG. Steam version is not DRM free.

Not only is Axiom Verge free on Epic store right now, but it is also DRM-free.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (51625 posts) -

It was funny, but I do believe it was rectified. Seeing the users heading to Steam forums for help is just hilarious.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
#8 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8374 posts) -

I hope epic learns from this. Having no sort of way for customers to interact on their shitty distribution platform is a terrible decision.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#9 Posted by the_master_race (4522 posts) -

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30187 posts) -
@ProtossRushX said:

Epic Games Store is trash just buy the game on steam imo

"Epic Games Store is awesome, look at all these free games I'm getting which Uplay, Origin, Steam never did (but did do)"

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30187 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

It was funny, but I do believe it was rectified. Seeing the users heading to Steam forums for help is just hilarious.

"Steam's monopoly is awful"

>fleds to steam's monopoly forums

Avatar image for ten_pints
#12 Edited by Ten_Pints (3631 posts) -

Tencent really needs to get their shit together.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#13 Posted by TheEroica (18257 posts) -

What's the epic game store?

Avatar image for Litchie
#14 Posted by Litchie (23115 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:
@ajstyles said:

Steam sabotaging their games so they won’t work on other platforms.

That is shameful.

Joke?

It's the other way around; Epic sabotaged it so it won't work ON THEIR OWN platform.

But you're right, that is shameful lol.

XD

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#15 Edited by mrbojangles25 (43076 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

What's the epic game store?

Steam and GoG are pretty epic.

But if you meant the "Epic game store", that's not so epic; it's a lame storefront by the company Epic (of Unreal fame) megacorp Tencent, owner of Epic games, that offsets their lackluster features with the corrupt business practice of exclusivity.

Avatar image for vaeh
#16 Edited by Vaeh (361 posts) -

Unreal engine forums are pretty good. It's strange that Epic Store has no forums.

@ten_pints said:

Tencent really needs to get their shit together.

*Tencent Games. Tencent is another thing and a huge company in different industries.

People refer to tencent games as one thing but one is a division of another.

They run their own game distribution store. It's called Tencent WeGame.

Epic Games run the store not Tencent Games.