sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15900 Posts

... well anyways, seems like studio keep losing talents working for this title. Not liking Xbox overlords? Sulk leave? Lead designer got shoved to other projects? Others just straight quits studio? Seems the project is getting bit toxic.

This guy below is dev/writer for Fallout 2, Planetscape Torment, Divinity Original Sin 2, KOTOR2, Fallen Jedi and probably your all other fav WRPG bringing the news.

---------------------------------_-----------------------------------

Seems like Chris Avellone don't get on with Xbox well what do I know about his story.

Is Avowed DOOMED? Basing on Xbox history of cancellations... 99% yes.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Isn't this the guy that has multiple sexual misconduct allegations against him.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

Well, Microsoft buying Bethesda kinda made Avowed redundant, and they're a small studio of about 200 people working on three games simultaneously.

I'd say they should focus on Grounded updates while working on The Outer Worlds 2.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17794 Posts

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

Poo bovines, Xbox....rent mofo free baby!!! lol :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

Why are MS projects turning into Crackdown 3's? Why?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

I think Chris had/has issues with the leadership of Obsidian. I remember him tweeting to Phil to fire/replace them when MS bought it. I think the whole conversation was something along the lines of I'll only join Obsidian if those were let go or something like that. Don't really remember the actual thing.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@gym_lion said:

I don't know about "multiple" but at least one .. and he is suing the person

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Looking forward to this when the whole thing gets repurposed as an isometric tactical strategy game that comes out under the radar.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2503 Posts

Microsoft doesn't have much of anything that looks promising for the foreseeable future.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@pc_rocks: Yeah, that's basically what happened. He had already left Obsidian when MS bought them.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@SecretPolice: Man, this place sucks now. Lems don't even bother conceding to a point anymore. Just deflect deflect deflect. Cows could show an article saying Halo Infinite is cancelled, you'd guys would still keep the same shtick. On a side note, Avowed would be redundant with Elder Scrolls.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7700 Posts

@gym_lion said:

yeah, and after the twitter archives that thing got bit spicey, the first lady accusing him deleted like 2k tweets, but you know its the internet so nothing is truly gone lol

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@SecretPolice: Man, this place sucks now. Lems don't even bother conceding to a point anymore. Just deflect deflect deflect. Cows could show an article saying Halo Infinite is cancelled, you'd guys would still keep the same shtick. On a side note, Avowed would be redundant with Elder Scrolls.

And when was the last time you conceded a point?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

@gym_lion said:
@Sagemode87 said:

The bovine brigade reminds me of another group that constantly projecting with zero self awareness.

Oh well, trust me, you just can't fix that no matter how hard one tries. "P

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5555 Posts

Large open world RPGs are not easy to make... will drive a lot of developers to drink.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@gym_lion said:
@Sagemode87 said:

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6947 Posts

Bitter co-founder of Obsidian leaves in 2015 and struggles as an independent writer making marginal contributions to a series of games without getting much visibility or credit. Struggling to remain relevant he turns to Twitter to opine on topics that he knows nothing about as he has no personal insight into the specific situations. Pretty sure every time people leave or move around, SWs declares death for that game or studio. Except the other half who point out it is rampant in the industry. Leaving us with the same degree of insight as Chis Avellone.

Sad end to a guy who was a good writer...but that's it. Middle age has caught up with him, his glory is all long ago, and he writes parts of narrative, quests, etc. under the direction of other people on an independent contract basis. Disposable writer has been his job title for the past 6 yrs. I imagine the ego is bruised big time.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

So much for Xbox being the new home for W-RPGs 😂

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15900 Posts

Well anyhow considering the problems I doubt they can release the game until at least 2023. Hope for a successful release as always.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Well that doesn't bode well.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

He no longer works for Obsidian so this could be a case of sour grapes.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16534 Posts

@gym_lion said:

in the me too era, flirting with the opposite sex is considered sexual misconduct. You're far better off finding a woman in another country...american woman are sad and the legal system just encourages them. Trump turned it around a bit with the supreme court pick, but its going to take a while to undo the damage done by dems.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Sagemode87 said:

@SecretPolice: Man, this place sucks now. Lems don't even bother conceding to a point anymore. Just deflect deflect deflect.

You literally described Cows for the last 2 gens in literally any graphics thread.

The last two gen you had brainlet Cows telling us the human eye can't see past 30 fps. Now you have them telling us the human eye can't see past 60 fps.

If it's exclusive to PS3,4,5 it's automatically graphics kings because reasons. If it comes to PC it's ugly now. If PC wins the most DF awards, DF sucks now and we must trust PSNOW magazine. If an Xbox multiplat has 2 less fps than Playstation, then it's shit. If a PC game has 100 more fps than Playstation, fps doesn't matter anymore. Low settings on XBox, XBox is owned and the game looks like trash. Ultra settings on PC, you can't tell the difference anyway who cares only exclusives matter.

It's like they can't admit that PC is always graphics king because they are poor IRL.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Barrel scraping at its finest.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

Seems like a petty ex member of the team, who takes issue with former leadership given his own dismissal. I no doubt he still keep contact with previous colleagues. But it does appear since the studio is juggling multiple projects this kind of stuff seems like it would happen.

I don't know about idea that they'd put Avowed on backburner because it is redundant with The Elder Scrolls and the Bethesda acquisition, after all they are currently not working on a (new) TES game, and they are focusing on Starfield development and that's still at least more than a year away from completing at earliest expectations. Plus this team isn't managed under Bethesda, they were part of the Obsidian acquisition. If they are indeed given some degree of autonomy to not inhibit creative freedom (sure there's limits though) but I don't see them being compelled to sideline the game externally. But it does at least appear internally that they are devoting their staff to their other two projects for time being, but I don't know if that spells doom for Avowed, but it also doesn't sound like it's a priority at this time either.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Do you even realize how ironic your entire paragraph is? Why are you always whining about lems attacking Sony/cows/PS when you're absent when the shoe is on the other foot and that is almost 100% of the time??? Why don't you stop crying about lems and focus on your PS5, if you have one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

Meh. I’ll wait and see what actually happens with this game. While it would certainly be nice to have this game turn out well I have such an over abundance of games to enjoy both now and in the future. I’m not going to sweat the ones that don’t make the cut.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LetsHaveFun
Member since 2020 • 369 Posts

that's why you don't get hyped over cgi for a new game..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

This game is set for 2024. Why are we even talking about it? When it was shown, i am not too sure the production even began at that point, and its an open world game, you know it'll take em ages to finish it.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

This is what Microsoft does. They kill studios. It's been hilarious to see thirsty lemmings hyping up CGI trailers and working titles when Microsoft can't even make a halfway decent Halo game these days. Let alone being able to properly manage anything else.

Anything they release this gen that isn't a high profile Bethesda game or Forza is almost guaranteed to suck. It's just what they do.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

This is what Microsoft does. They kill studios. It's been hilarious to see thirsty lemmings hyping up CGI trailers and working titles when Microsoft can't even make a halfway decent Halo game these days. Let alone being able to properly manage anything else.

Anything they release this gen that isn't a high profile Bethesda game or Forza is almost guaranteed to suck. It's just what they do.

Why are you so upset? Aren't you Sony fannies supposed to be celebrating Deathloop instead of stressing over Xbox?🤭

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9530 Posts

Other than perhaps Starfield this is my most anticipated game from MS.

IAmTheTruth101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IAmTheTruth101
Member since 2021 • 262 Posts

FAKE AS F*CK

Jez Corden (who has talked to people inside Obsidian) confirmed that this is fake

This is notorious sexual predator and deviant Chris Avellone who was fired from Obsidian still holding a grudge, now that he got fired off Dying Light 2 for failing to keep his hands to himself he's been ousted by the gaming industry and can't get work anywhere thus he sits at home a drunken bitter loser stirring up shit

Avowed will be incredible

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

This is what Microsoft does. They kill studios.

Meanwhile

Sony = where creativity, ambition and talent all go to die

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@letshavefun said:

that's why you don't get hyped over cgi for a new game..

Ditto

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Looking forward to this when the whole thing gets repurposed as an isometric tactical strategy game that comes out under the radar.

Well MS only showed a CGI trailer of title so they can really make anything. No one knows what the game will look or play like in the end. Well, that is the case for most of xbox projects at this point.