regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

With Forza Horizon 5 they are using audio Ray Tracing and enhanced ways to get car sounds. The Forza channel on YouTube has a series on how they captured sound if you want a more detailed look at it. On the Series X and S it will be using the dedicated audio chip.

Here is a video where the user shows some new gameplay but also shows the differences of car sounds between FH4 and FH5 (uses the same type of car each time)

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

I just got a nice Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 system and FH4 sounds absolutely glorious in it. Can't wait to hear how FH5 sounds. :)

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 regnaston

@UnnDunn said:

I just got a nice Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 system and FH4 sounds absolutely glorious in it. Can't wait to hear how FH5 sounds. :)

If you watch some of the Forza videos on the official channel they mic'd up on many places. In the engine bay, at the exhaust, etc to capture more realistic sound

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't have a frame of reference to know one sounds "truer" than the other, but they certainly do sound different and it sounds like 5 should indeed be much more close to reality. I'm most interested in the RT audio - that's something that could add a lot to the game along with the view-dependent audio, and it's something I've been fantasizing about for other games for a while too (e.g., RT audio for new Thief game, please, where the AI is sensitive to the sound trace)

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

That's gonna be sweet. I remember hearing that could be an application for this tech. I'm excited to check it out.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Graphics and audio king

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

LOL you made this thread first before me due to the time frame on GS.

But anyway, Playground Games has really come a long way, and I'll admit, I'm really hype for FH5, already got it under my wishlist on Steam as it is. I'm more interest in Ray-Tracing tech so I'm gonna have to upgrade my GPU and get the RTX 3070Ti before November hits.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45293 Posts

Can't wait to try this on my beastly XSX.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts

I just bought a new surround system but still haven't played FH4 :(

So many games in my backlog

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

There is no such thing as audio ray tracing...ray tracing is lightning and graphical not sound focused at all

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@zerothehero said:

There is no such thing as audio ray tracing...ray tracing is lightning and graphical not sound focused at all

Audio Ray Tracing by NVidia

Weren't you supposed to stop posting here Protoss?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 regnaston

@zerothehero said:

another post that shows you do not know what you are talking about

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 regnaston
@kingtito said:
@zerothehero said:

Well when I bet him I assumed he wouldn't make an alt... I guess I should have stipulated that

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@zerothehero said:

Why are you lying?

@simple-facts said:

Graphics and audio king

Simple facts

@davillain- said:

LOL you made this thread first before me due to the time frame on GS.

But anyway, Playground Games has really come a long way, and I'll admit, I'm really hype for FH5, already got it under my wishlist on Steam as it is. I'm more interest in Ray-Tracing tech so I'm gonna have to upgrade my GPU and get the RTX 3070Ti before November hits.

If they can make a racing game this good, I have high hopes for attention to detail and quality in their new Fable game.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

@regnaston said:
@kingtito said:
@zerothehero said:

Well when I bet him I assumed he wouldn't make an alt... I guess I should have stipulated that

Well I mean someone who has zero interest in adaptive triggers you better not care about ray tracing audio. You downplayed adaptive triggers on dual sense now your hyping this NO dude enough of this.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 regnaston

@zerothehero said:
@regnaston said:
@kingtito said:
@zerothehero said:

Well I mean someone who has zero interest in adaptive triggers you better not care about ray tracing audio. You downplayed adaptive triggers on dual sense now your hyping this NO dude enough of this.

what in the hell are you talking about??? Moving goal posts and trying to deflect from the topic again I see. You came into a thread about Ray Traced Audio and said "there is no such thing"... you were proven wrong (once again) and now you are doubling down on your dumbness?

Be a man, honour the spirit of the bet we placed and leave this place.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@zerothehero said:

Here’s one of the best developers in the world talking about RT audio, and then there’s you - the person who couldn’t even keep his word to leave these forums - who says RT audio doesn’t exist….because it’s on XSX.

Guess who is more trustworthy Protuss?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 regnaston

@sealionact said:
@zerothehero said:

Here’s one of the best developers in the world talking about RT audio, and then there’s you - the person who couldn’t even keep his word to leave these forums - who says RT audio doesn’t exist….because it’s on XSX.

It is PROBABLY on the PS5 as well

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sealionact

@regnaston said:
@sealionact said:
@zerothehero said:

It is PROBABLY on the PS5 as well

In which case Protoss would have hailed it as the most amazing innovation in the history of technology….it’s just the fact that it was announced on XSX that made him bitter enough to pretend to know what he’s talking about.

Heck, this was the guy who assured us that Returnal would be the best selling game for one single month.

Lol.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

They put all that work into recording engine sounds, and it sounds just like any other racing game released in the past decade.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 regnaston

@dzimm said:

They put all that work into recording engine sounds, and it just like any other racing game released in the past decade.

what?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

The good thing is it's a super "pick it up when you want and put it down when you don't" game - there's no plot to remember or anything and if you aren't concerned about drilling mad skill in you can play it very casually once in a blue moon (as I do) and still have fun. I don't feel it is much of a contributor to my backlog problem (which I do have) for that reason

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@navyguy21 said:

The good thing is it's a super "pick it up when you want and put it down when you don't" game - there's no plot to remember or anything and if you aren't concerned about drilling mad skill in you can play it very casually once in a blue moon (as I do) and still have fun. I don't feel it is much of a contributor to my backlog problem (which I do have) for that reason

I loved doing the "find every road" challenge. It was fun, and my wife was helping look at the roads to see which ones had a tiny bit of gray left in them. And I did it at my leisure over the course of a couple weeks. Good times IMO.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@zerothehero said:

This is just factually wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

This thread is pretty funny.

@zerothehero should get a job at IGN. They'd fit right in

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sealionact

@dzimm said:

They put all that work into recording engine sounds, and it sounds just like any other racing game released in the past decade.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 regnaston

@sealionact said:
@dzimm said:

my thoughts exactly.. perhaps his speakers are bad in his computer or phone.. the sounds differences between the cars in the video I posted show it is vastly different

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

@zerothehero said:

Dude you are fumbling all over this place! At least pay attention to what this tech is all about and try not make yourself obvious. Come on!

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 regnaston

@davillain- said:
@zerothehero said:

Dude you are fumbling all over this place! At least pay attention to what this tech is all about and try not make yourself obvious. Come on!

IP ban time 😁

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Sounds a lot like that turd that used to post here Protosomething

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

@sealionact said:
@dzimm said:

I know, it's like, "Why did they go to so much trouble when it sounds the same?" Ha ha!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39290 Posts

Not as advanced as what Acitivison uses in Warzone. THere is more than RT involved.

Loading Video...