Atomic Heart aiming to become next immersive sim like system shock.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Atomic Heart is an action RPG with FPS elements set in the alternate version of the USSR . Technological revolution powered by Communism has already happened: robots, the Internet, holograms and other futuristic stuff make everyday life of the Soviet citizens better & brighter. These great technological advances are made at special facilities placed all over the country.
Recently one of such temples of science, The Facility 3826, went dark. As a KGB Officer you are going in to find out what happened there and to restore order no matter the cost…
The world of Atomic Heart consists of several regions with different biomes. On the surface and under the ground you will meet exotic mechanical creatures designed to serve the needs of people, for some reason turned into combat-ready killing machines.

Source

That sound very interesting. too interesting to be good but im actually surprised how a game by little indie developer who doesnot have publisher at all. no crowd funding are making ambitious FPS/RPG hybrid/immersive sim game?

now thats a question. if any of developers like 4A games announced it. I would have been so hype for it. i mean FPS/immersive sim set in russia has always been my dream game.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

What Fallout 76 should've been. Gaming is alive.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

It doesn't look or sound anything like a sim. It looks and sounds like an action-adventure FPS. A good one, however. :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't see what is "immersive sim" about it. The video calls it an action rpg. Whatever it is, it looks neat, though

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

I hope this game turns out well. It's more appealing to me than Metro right now.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Mother. Atom Heart MOTHER. Oh...wait...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

To me, this looks like to be the next Bioshock/Fallout theme it has going for. I'll be sure to keep an eye on Atomic Heart.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever
@vaeh said:

how come a little indie game by nobodies looks much better than a game with millions of dollar budget??

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

wonder how rtx will run in this game

Loading Video...

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

It concerns me how little gameplay they've shown off, and the lack of gameplay details in general, but it sure does look interesting, and easily has the best implementation of ray-tracing I've seen so far.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Consider me interested. Dig the look of this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfca40aa8741
deactivated-5bfca40aa8741

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5bfca40aa8741
Member since 2018 • 12 Posts

Even though I don't dig that kind of art style, I can see that they nailed the look they were going for. It look very original.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

This game looks great!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Good. The more real-time ray-tracing in games become mainstream, the better. Been dreaming about it since the late 80's.

Looks like another CGI era similar to the time of 7th Guest, Myst, and Journeyman Project. But, this time, their use in action games is more feasible.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Never heard of it before but definitely colour me interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Lost interest when I saw the player use iron sights three feet from the enemy. Modern shooters are boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Game looks cool but don't forget your opinion is trash on here and this game also has nudity which you automatically hate for a grown ass man that you are...lmao.

Avatar image for whydotheyharass
Whydotheyharass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Whydotheyharass
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Looks boring.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@ezekiel43 said:

Lost interest when I saw the player use iron sights three feet from the enemy. Modern shooters are boring.

If I didn't have crosshairs onscreen, I'd use iron sights as well. Of course, I'm sure the player also has the option to shoot from the hip.

Using iron sights is a choice and not mandatory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@ezekiel43 said:

If I didn't have crosshairs onscreen, I'd use iron sights as well. Of course, I'm sure the player also has the option to shoot from the hip.

Using iron sights is a choice and not mandatory.

It almost always is mandatory. The devs usually gimp regular accuracy to validate obtrusive iron sights.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@ezekiel43 said:

it make sense because its not arena fast paced shooters. i guess you missed out STALKER (best FPS ever) for having ironsight and will miss Metro Exodus (future best FPS ever).

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

aesthetic looks interesting, but very little is shown

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I'm pretty interested in the game. There's a VR game that based in the same universe already out. Havn't played it but the reviews are mixed because it plays like a pre-alpha game. Might pre-order.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

I’ll wait for Cyberpunk.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@dagubot said:

Game looks cool but don't forget your opinion is trash on here and this game also has nudity which you automatically hate for a grown ass man that you are...lmao.

You're telling me it has Russian waifus? Sold!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@ezekiel43 said:

It almost always is mandatory. The devs usually gimp regular accuracy to validate obtrusive iron sights.

Looking at the few FPS games I play: Far Cry (3,4,5), STALKER series, GTA V..... I can still score some hits firing from the hip and without crosshairs. But, if I want more precision, I'll have to use iron sights (or a scope/reflex sight) like in real life. I would need precision so I don't waste the limited ammo as is the case with the STALKER games. They run out quickly.

It would look stupid if I can score headshots firing from the hip....although I get lucky once in a while. I think I did that in Killzone 3 once.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@ghosts4ever said:

how come a little indie game by nobodies looks much better than a game with millions of dollar budget??

If you're referring to Fallout 76...... I would think FO76 has far more interactive objects on a given area than Atomic Heart. Those interactive objects are also tracked and periodically refreshed. Multiply them with the vast world and I can see why developers scale back on looks.

Usually, every looker I've seen have been quite shallow while those with any depth tended to be butt-ugly. Well find out where Atomic Heart falls under.

Just look at STALKER: Call of Pripyat and Metro Last Light. MLL is obviously the looker of the two. But, it also has a fraction of the depth CoP has. Even in the storyline, there's hardly any branching going on in MLL. Just follow the corridor of each map.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Looking at the few FPS games I play: Far Cry (3,4,5), STALKER series, GTA V..... I can still score some hits firing from the hip and without crosshairs. But, if I want more precision, I'll have to use iron sights (or a scope/reflex sight) like in real life. I would need precision so I don't waste the limited ammo as is the case with the STALKER games. They run out quickly.

It would look stupid if I can score headshots firing from the hip....although I get lucky once in a while. I think I did that in Killzone 3 once.

Disagree. It's stylish as ****, more motion based, less obtrusive and much more fun. Games are way too obsessed with realism now. What looks stupid is missing a shot even though the barrel of the gun is pointing right at the enemy. There is absolutely no reason you should have to hold the right mouse button when an enemy is so close.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@ezekiel43 said:

Disagree. It's stylish as ****, more motion based, less obtrusive and much more fun. Games are way too obsessed with realism now. What looks stupid is missing a shot even though the barrel of the gun is pointing right at the enemy. There is absolutely no reason you should have to hold the right mouse button when an enemy is so close.

Ah. But, which game is that, though? At close range from the hip, my shots find the mark, even in the notoriously flawed ballistics of STALKER: Clear Sky.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Ah. But, which game is that, though? At close range from the hip, my shots find the mark, even in the notoriously flawed ballistics of STALKER: Clear Sky.

In nearly all the games Ghosts4ever posts, from Atomic Heart to Rage 2 to Witchfire, the player slows to use the sights even when they're pretty close. It looks lame. Hip-fire should have a great effective range, because it's a game. The zoom/ADS should mainly be there to reduce sensitivity, with increased accuracy being a distant secondary.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jun_aka_pekto
@ezekiel43 said:

In nearly all the games Ghosts4ever posts, from Atomic Heart to Rage 2 to Witchfire, the player slows to use the sights even when they're pretty close. It looks lame. Hip-fire should have a great effective range, because it's a game. The zoom/ADS should mainly be there to reduce sensitivity, with increased accuracy being a distant secondary.

That's true. From close range, it should be impossible to miss a human-sized target. I usually reserve iron sights for medium distances. You know, something too near for a scope, but too far for firing from the hip.

The only time I used iron sights from close range if I'm shooting at a fast, tiny target such as the tushkan rats in STALKER: Call of Pripyat. They skitter around so fast, I have to use iron sights to hit them.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

Is this Bioshock: Infinite Mother Russia ver.?

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@vaeh said:

Indie devs around the world are very talented. Unreal Engine 4 is powerful and very intuitive. 10 years ago this would be used to show off an engine itself, now it is showing off a small indie developer's game. Crazy how far the engines have come so quickly.