At this point, seeing MS bomb their E3, does Sony even have to reveal PS5 this year?

• 60 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

I was fully on board with expecting Sony to go balls to the wall and do a full dump of PS5 at PSX the end of the year, but after seeing MS's E32019, I have to be honest, I can't see why they would.

MS showed NOTHING!

Before E3 all we heard from xbox fans was: "Beware of da 14 new first party games from MS cows! MS gone crush Sony for not showing up!"

Um...can anyone name me those 14 games are again?

I sat through the entire presentation and the only new games all I saw from MS was Bleeding Edge and psychonauts 2.

The Scarlet announcement was a complete repeat of Sony's PS5 reveal creating 0 hype and to top it off there were no gameplay of Halo or Gears. What a bust.

If I'm Sony and I'm seeing this shit, I'd be like: "Nah, we good guys, they flopped like we expected and saved us millions in the process. We could to a blow out this year but why? let's wait til E3202"

How do you think Sony will respond after MS's E3? Still do a full reveal for PS5 at PSX or wait til E32020?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

TC is on tilt

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

You’re right, Sony doesn’t need to reveal anything this year. It would just give MS an opportunity to adjust their specs to match or beat Sony’s. If I’m Sony I’ll wait till E3 2020 to do a full reveal.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BoxRekt
@son-goku7523 said:

You’re right, Sony doesn’t need to reveal anything this year. It would just give MS an opportunity to adjust their specs to match or beat Sony’s. If I’m Sony I’ll wait till E3 2020 to do a full reveal.

That's what I'm thinking too.

MS showed nothing, not games nor hardware to pressure Sony into do anything. I wonder what they'll do at PSX, but if they had the PS5 reveal planned they may be scrapping that entire gameplan now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Does your brain ever think of anything else besides this fanboy sh*t? Wow.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

Sony could reveal PS5 at Tokyo Game Show 2019 if they were in the mood.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Did you ask if Sony had to show anything? Didn't they already reveal the PS5 in that interview? Does that somehow not count? So Sony can reveal the PS5 in an interview but MS can't reveal their console at E3? These were more like teasers than anything yet you're slamming 1 while saying nothing about the other which did the exact same thing hahaha you cows are considered the clowns of SWs for nothing

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@kingtito: lol nice ownage of another fail thread from box..

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

Sony already demonstrated their PS5 running - therefor revealing it. The f kinda thread is this?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

I_salty_daily incoming

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

Ignoring the fanboy drivel, what were the 14 games?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@son-goku7523 said:

That's what I'm thinking too.

MS showed nothing, not games nor hardware to pressure Sony into do anything. I wonder what they'll do at PSX, but if they had the PS5 reveal planned they may be scrapping that entire gameplan now.

They did show Halo Infinite supposedly running on "next gen" hardware and it failed to impress lol.

This thread is full of too many dumbass lems lol. I like how they are pretending like Sony's soft reveal that doesn't share any important info about the PS5 is a real reveal.

Knowing the PS5 uses Zen 2 and Navi with a fast SSD gives us nothing about its full specs. We don't know what kind of RAM, how fast the RAM is, the specs of the Navi GPU, the clockspeed of the CPU, or even the size of the SSD and its read speed. Sony basically said nothing with their WIRED article, it was something to drum up hype and get ahead of MS in the hype building, nothing more. Looks like it worked because MS basically went on stage on Sunday and choked as they announced exactly the same thing Sony announced week earlier.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@boxrekt:

Sometimes it´s just obvious

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

These are truly the last days for the lemmings and their reckoning is upon them. When their GOD abandons them we will finally be rid of them and SW will be a better (albeit boring) place.

Tremble lemmings. The end is nigh.

TLHBO

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@boxrekt: MS's E3 wasn't a bomb. Jeez, you cows sure are desperate.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:

but, bu you said they were going to show it at PSX this year! LMFAO

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xhawk27

@StormyJoe said:

They are Delusional. Youtube salty Xbox haters are saying Halo Infinite looks last gen on the Digital foundry detail of the E3 trailer. lol

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

@boxrekt: Seriously man, it's like your only care in life is how Sony will beat Microsoft.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

MS did more damage to themselves by showing up to E3 than they would have by skipping it. They showed their hand and revealed they have no games and Scarlett is weaker than PS5. What does Vince Carter think about MS's chances next gen?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xhawk27

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

MS did more damage to themselves by showing up to E3 than they would have by skipping it. They showed their hand and revealed they have no games and Scarlett is weaker than PS5. What does Vince Carter think about MS's chances next gen?

Yeah sure it is. Got any specs on that? At least they get points for Showing up. Sony = Zero

Also they have games that they are holding back.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingtito

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You mean they gave the same information Sony gave in that interview regarding the PS5? And with nothing official you're calling it weaker? Hahaha you're still a clown of SWs. Some things never change

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@xhawk27 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Yeah sure it is. Got any specs on that? At least they get points for Showing up. Sony = Zero

Also they have games that they are holding back.

MS's own wording when they called it "their" most powerful console instead of "THE" most powerful like they did with the 1X. Plus there's a ton of sites reporting that developers have said the PS5 is more powerful.

They've been supposedly holding back games for the last 10 years lol. After seeing the weak MP game Ninja Theory is working on and what 343 and Coalition did to Halo and Gears there's no reason to believe this company can deliver must have games again. They have no reason to try anyway when they just want to shovel shit on game pass now.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

MS's own wording when they called it "their" most powerful console instead of "THE" most powerful like they did with the 1X. Plus there's a ton of sites reporting that developers have said the PS5 is more powerful.

That would be to do with operating with unknowns. They don't know where the PS5 falls, thus it's "their" most powerful console. They knew where the Pro was, thus the X was "the" most powerful. That's fairly basic.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BoxRekt
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You mean they gave the same information Sony gave in that interview regarding the PS5? And with nothing official you're calling it weaker? Hahaha you're still a clown of SWs. Some things never change

Well, we officially saw Halo Infinite running on MS's stage looking like a current gen game only running at 60fps and in MS's own words they proudly dubbed it their NEXT GEN launch game for xbox Scarlet.

Embarrassing! lol

MS have been releasing shitty low budget games to xbox fans for so long they think raising the bar up to current gen PS4 standards is a bragging point for next gen. TLHBO!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito

@boxrekt said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Well, we officially saw Halo Infinite running on MS's stage looking like a current gen game only running at 60fps and in MS's own words they proudly dubbed it their NEXT GEN launch game for xbox Scarlet.

Embarrassing! lol

MS have been releasing shitty low budget games to xbox fans for so long they think raising the bar up to current gen PS4 standards is a bragging point for next gen. TLHBO!

Says the hardcore delusional hate MS at all cost cow and you think your opinion means something? A game which is about 1 1/2 years before launch. Yep, your word is definitely worth a chuckle.

Yes, I concur you cows are embarrassing

Once again coming from a delusional, hardcore, MS hating cow, your word means as much as the idiot in chiefs does. In case you're little cow brain can't comprehend, it means your opinion means absolutely zero

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lundy86_4:

That is possible.

But we also have a journalist from game informer also saying that developers were stating the ps5 was more powerful.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4:

That is possible.

But we also have a journalist from game informer also saying that developers were stating the ps5 was more powerful.

MS wouldn't have access to that info. It's not like Sony sends over detailed specs to MS or vice versa.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BoxRekt
@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4:

That is possible.

The source of those claims actually came from a developer.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lundy86_4  Online

@boxrekt said:
@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4:

That is possible.

The source of those claims actually came from a developer.

Tormy said that...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5844 Posts

If I was Sony I'd aim to build a better console.

However

We have the word of a single journalist claiming a single developer told him. A single rumour is more likely to be clickbait than true.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lundy86_4  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

If I was Sony I'd aim to build a better console.

However

We have the word of a single journalist claiming a single developer told him. A single rumour is more likely to be clickbait than true.

Yep. It also wouldn't affect MS' wording. It was correct.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Seriously, can anyone answer this? Lems? Anybody? Did MS just flat out lie and thought nobody would notice? The only possibility is that they counted DLC or something, but if that's the case, sheesh, they're pretty freaking desperate.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Seeing the discussion on how well Xcloud is doing, I don't think Sony is in a rush. Sony can put ps5 on the backburner and talk up psn/PSNow and it's streaming services now that it partnered up with MS. I think more gamers will be interested in playing games on PC when Xbox and Sony make games available on PC. Console talk doesn't really hold much weight anymore. People will be more interested in the software and the options they have choosing where they want to play.

Think MS and Sony are just tossing out consoles to get people to tap into there services and please the niche console crowd.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@subspecies said:
@Chutebox said:

Seriously, can anyone answer this? Lems? Anybody? Did MS just flat out lie and thought nobody would notice? The only possibility is that they counted DLC or something, but if that's the case, sheesh, they're pretty freaking desperate.

Link to all game reveals under MS. I'm not too up-to-date, but I believe there were 14 first-party reveals (if not more.) Too lazy to list myself.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoxRekt
@mazuiface said:

Sony already demonstrated their PS5 running - therefor revealing it. The f kinda thread is this?

Please point to where Sony did a full reveal of PS5 plus launch games and all that jazz, it will be a good read for me...

@StormyJoe said:

Here you go:

Loading Video...

This is a life time official xbox focused channels and xbox fan before this E32019 event, feel free to double check his content. He is one of dozens of XBOX FANS with the SAME reaction. These people had positive expectations for MS before E3 2019

It was pretty bad, you don't have to take my opinion on it, but it's the majority opinion if you check around the net. Go to youtube and type in: "Microsoft E3 2019 reaction". Don't blame me, it's MS need to address.

@xhawk27 said:
@StormyJoe said:

They are Delusional. Youtube salty Xbox haters are saying Halo Infinite looks last gen on the Digital foundry detail of the E3 trailer. lol

You owned yourself when I posted a pic of Death Stranding to make comparison to Halo Infinite graphics and you claimed the Death Stranding shot was CGI.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

@lundy86_4: Thank you sir

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

You have to love how console gamer's call another system as inferior POS because their system has a 0.2GHz faster CPU and 0.5 TFLOP stronger GPU and are passionate in doing so... But a PC that is running at 2GHz faster with a GPU that is 5TFLOPS stronger is overrated and they don't see the point of PC gaming.

I swear ever f***ing generation is the same.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lundy86_4  Online

@Chutebox said:

All good. In fairness, I couldn't remember all that well myself, hence the link. I was drinking a few beers whilst watching lol.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@Chutebox said:

All good. In fairness, I couldn't remember all that well myself, hence the link. I was drinking a few beers whilst watching lol.

Geez it was that bad :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

I don’t think Microsoft “bombed” their E3 at all myself. Their next gen system is nearly a year and half away and Sony never had any big reveal for their next system either so there was really no need for Microsoft to have some grand reveal already. They’re both going to do it closer to the actual launch of the new hardware. I think if people are saying, “OMG! Microsoft blew it!” they are just being drama queens.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@calvincfb: You've already provided the salt you witless alt lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lundy86_4  Online

@lebanese_boy said:

My work requires drinks lol. I mess... Lots of stuff on the table ATM.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lebanese_boy
@Archangel3371 said:

I don’t think Microsoft “bombed” their E3 at all myself. Their next gen system is nearly a year and half away and Sony never had any big reveal for their next system either so there was really no need for Microsoft to have some grand reveal already. They’re both going to do it closer to the actual launch of the new hardware. I think if people are saying, “OMG! Microsoft blew it!” they are just being drama queens.

Literally one of the only smart posts I've seen about this subject.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lebanese_boy
@lundy86_4 said:
@lebanese_boy said:

My work requires drinks lol. I mess... Lots of stuff on the table ATM.

Lool XD

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tdkmillsy:

Did he say a single developer? Also ms wording says allot,this is the same people that on 2013 would not even admit that Sony had a stronger machine.

Now they dont even dare say scarlet is de most powerful console ever built.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

@lebanese_boy: Why thank you good sir. ?

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

My goodness you cows complain about literally anything MS does.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@mazuiface said:

Please point to where Sony did a full reveal of PS5 plus launch games and all that jazz, it will be a good read for me...

Haven't you posted all of the interviews where they revealed pretty much the same info that MS has? The only thing really missing is the one launch title in comparison to MS.

The funniest part about this is that the next Xbox and the PS5 are running the same hardware. They will be practically identical.