At this point, if you do not own a PS4, you might as well just buy one.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 1444 Posts

The numbers are in and the facts are indisputable - the PS4 is the best console money can buy. Sony has so thoroughly trounced the competition this generation that the other two are nearly irrelevant. Congratulations to Sony! It looks like the domination is going to be even better in 2017. I can't wait to pick up a PS4 for Christmas, and you should too. In fact, the PS4 is so good that even PC gamers should supplement with one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yeah, it's the console to own this generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Yeah its getting too many games not on PC or Xbox. Its just too much too stand at this point.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 21132 Posts

I bought mine way too early, but I'm glad I own one now.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 18416 Posts

I will get one when there actually are a handful of games I actually want on it. Games I cannot play elsewhere mind you.

Nearly all games on that PoS are outclassed by the PC versions.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tjandmia

Not saying that other systems are bad, but even if you own another system, there's just too much on it and coming to not own it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990  Online
Member since 2013 • 11463 Posts

Yeah haven't played my PC in a while because of Horizon and Persona 5. Nioh is up next.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 49592 Posts

It's why I always say, PC/PS4 is the est combo you'll could have and adding a Nintendo Switch or Wii U doesn't hurt either. Bottom line: PC/PS4 is da best.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@tjandmia said:

even PC gamers should supplement with one.

No thanks. I don't even have a PC that can play the newshit and I still have way more than enough games to keep me satisfied. Plus most of those modern AAA/mainstream games don't really appeal to me anyway.

Maybe I'd get one when a new console comes out and it drops down to like 150 or something. (If I see more that interests me on it)

My days of trying to keep up with that stuff are long gone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I own a PS4 because I like to own all consoles so that I don't miss out on anything, but honestly, if I was asked to order the current gen consoles from my favorite to least favorite, I would list the PS4 as my least favorite. I'm still happy that I own one and think that it has some great things to offer especially this year, but I enjoy my Nintendo Switch and Xbox One more.

I think it's silly to say that any console is indisputably the best you can buy because different people have different taste and different things that they value in a gaming console and no console is the undisputed best for everything. If, for example, you are a big JRPG fan or a big fan of story-based games then yes, PS4 is the best console for you. But for someone that, for example, loves playing online multiplayer games more than anything else, I think that kind of person would be happier with a Xbox One over a PS4. And for someone that, for example, loves local multiplayer or pick-up-and-play fun, I think that kind of person would be happier with a Nintendo Switch over a PS4.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 36898 Posts

I'd like to get one eventually but there have been so many games coming out that I've picking up for my Xbox One that I just haven't been able to put the money aside for one yet. I also plan on getting a Switch first and the Scorpio second so the PS4 is just going to have to wait in line a bit longer.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Sorry to rain on y'all circle jerk in here but there is literally nothing exclusive to the PS4 I want to play. No reason to get one. Let me know when they drop a MAG/SOCOM or Twisted Metal Black 2 then I will seriously consider it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Would have been pissed if I got mine before this year. Before this year there was like one good game on the system. Still use my Xbox way more

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I find it just hilarious that people think the PS4 has games that caters to everyone..it doesn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lawlessx said:

I find it just hilarious that people think the PS4 has games that caters to everyone..it doesn't.

No, of course every game on the PS4 doesn't cater to everyone. But unless you are a racing game fan at this point, there is a game that you will like on the PS4 that you won't find on any of the other consoles/whatever the f*ck the Switch is.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Maroxad

@charizard1605 said:
@lawlessx said:

No, of course every game on the PS4 doesn't cater to everyone. But unless you are a racing game fan at this point, there is a game that you will like on the PS4 that you won't find on any of the other consoles/whatever the f*ck the Switch is.

Strategy games? MOBAs? Bullet Hells? Roguelikes? MMORPGs? Space Sims? Sandbox games? cRPGs? Simulations? Immersive Sims? ;)

Another big problem is, it is enough games to justify the cost of the console? I want 3 games, both existing and upcoming that are on the system. But that isnt enough to justify the purchase of the console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Maroxad said:
@charizard1605 said:
@lawlessx said:

Strategy games? MOBAs? Bullet Hells? Roguelikes? MMORPGs? Space Sims? Sandbox games? cRPGs? Simulations? Immersive Sims? ;)

This is disingenuous, these genres are on no console, and are not console genres to begin with (and this thread, and my post specifically, makes sure to note the strength of the PS4's library against other consoles, not against all other gaming systems).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maroxad

@charizard1605 said:

This is disingenuous, these genres are on no console, and are not console genres to begin with (and this thread, and my post specifically, makes sure to note the strength of the PS4's library against other consoles, not against all other gaming systems).

Fair enough. But my point is, there are plenty of fans of various genres who will find little the PS4 has to offer. Which I believe was lawlessx's point.

I am primarily a PC gamer who in the 8th gen only got a Wii U as a stationary console, mainly because the PS4 is just vastly outclassed by what my PC offers. The Wii U offered a niche where PC gaming seldomly went.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Maroxad said:
@charizard1605 said:

Fair enough. But my point is, there are plenty of fans of various genres who will find little the PS4 has to offer. Which I believe was lawlessx's point.

Then they will find no console to be to their liking. My point is that if you are interested in consoles to begin with, then the PS4 is de facto the first on the list, it caters to all genres except for racing games, and it does it exceptionally well.

Racing games are definitely a weak point for the system, though, and one Sony needs to address ASAP. Platformers, while the PS4 does well, there is an argument to be made Nintendo does better. But on the whole, if you want a well rounded library, and are in the market for a console, the PS4 is where you go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Well, duh.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 56475 Posts

Most normal people simply get the system with games that appeal to them not the system that appeals to someone else.

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

@charizard1605: to be fair if you don't count pc then both Xbox and PS4 have a lot to offer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@avenger85 said:

@charizard1605: to be fair if you don't count pc then both Xbox and PS4 have a lot to offer.

Right, no arguments there (which is why the entire 'Xbox has no exclusives' is an argument that I always found bullshit- fewer exclusives, sure, no exclusives is dumb). But my point is the PS4 has more. In all genres except racers.

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

@charizard1605: yeah Both system have a lot to Offer. At the end of the day I think most people buy the one their buddies have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@avenger85 said:

@charizard1605: yeah Both system have a lot to Offer. At the end of the day I think most people buy the one their buddies have

Yup, pretty much

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Maroxad

@charizard1605 said:
@Maroxad said:
@charizard1605 said:

Then they will find no console to be to their liking. My point is that if you are interested in consoles to begin with, then the PS4 is de facto the first on the list, it caters to all genres except for racing games, and it does it exceptionally well.

Racing games are definitely a weak point for the system, though, and one Sony needs to address ASAP. Platformers, while the PS4 does well, there is an argument to be made Nintendo does better. But on the whole, if you want a well rounded library, and are in the market for a console, the PS4 is where you go.

Last time I checked, the Wii U still had a slight lead over the PS4, in terms of high scoring exclusives. 23 exclusives on the Wii U which are critically well recieved vs 14 on the PS4.

The criteria of my search being the following

• 75 Metascore or above
  • Games have to be exclusive to the console, so no breath of the wild or super mario maker for the Wii U. Being in the market for a console says nothing about what older gen platforms or handhelds you own.

Edit: It is worth noting I may have missed a game or 2 on either platform.

Everything else outside of those 14 high scoring games, I can play on my PS3, Vita or PC. Systems I do have.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22713 Posts

3DS is still ahead....

but yea ps4 is a good console if you dont like PC.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tjandmia
@charizard1605 said:

I bet Sony doesn't see it this way. They've sold like 3x as much as their closest competition. That alone tells them to keep doing whatever they're doing. Not so sure they care about servicing all genres. :)

@KBFloYd: Looks like the ps4 is going to overtake the 3ds in sales next year, by a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Maroxad: Wii U is probably leading, sure, but it absolutely lacks variety tonally aesthetically, and in terms of genre, which is where PS4 leads. Plus, again, if you are in the market for a console and PC is not a consideration, then the competition is so one sided it's not even funny.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22713 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@KBFloYd: Looks like the ps4 is going to overtake the 3ds in sales next year, by a lot.

well 2ds xl might boost sales for a month or two in july and august

but yea...ps4 was at 53million on jan 1st.....so in 4 months it sold 7million? how? ps2 also has wierd ass inflated numbers after 2006 the stats get all wierd.

sometimes i think sony is lying but whatever.

your thread was...might as well buy a ps4? well then you might as well buy a 3ds too since it has sold more and is cheaper.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Maroxad

@charizard1605 said:

@Maroxad: Wii U is probably leading, sure, but it absolutely lacks variety tonally aesthetically, and in terms of genre, which is where PS4 leads. Plus, again, if you are in the market for a console and PC is not a consideration, then the competition is so one sided it's not even funny.

Fair enough. That I agree with.

The Wii U is pretty tonally one dimensional and well... yeah, PC gaming is not a consideration for everyone. And yes, I will also concede that that list is heavily written from my own perspective. Here in Sweden, PC is definitely a consideration since nearly everyone is a PC gamer.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Maroxad said:

1. Strategy Game - NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence
  2. MOBAs - SMITE
  3. Bullet Hell - Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet
  4. Roguelikes - Rogue Legacy.
  5. MMORPGs - Final Fantasy XIV
  6. Space Sims - Elite Dangerous
  7. Sandbox Games - you serious?
  8. cRPGs - Torment Tides of Numenera
  9. Simulations - Farming Simulator 17
  10. Immersive Sims - Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari Edition.

The PS4 hits all of these genres.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Maroxad said:
@charizard1605 said:

While I won't deny that the PS4 is probably the most well-rounded console in terms of it's library covering the most different genres, that doesn't make it de facto first on the list for everybody. It's definitely not the de facto first on my list; if I was forced to get rid of one of my consoles, I would get rid of my PS4 since I personally find more value in my Xbox One and Nintendo Switch and they do a better job of providing the types of gaming experiences that I value most.

There are some things that the PS4 is the best at like cinematic games and JRPGs, but not everybody is a big fan of the things that the PS4 is the best at. The PS4 also has areas that it is weaker in than the competition; you already mentioned two of them in racing games and platformers, and there are others like party games and shooters as well, and for someone that loves racing games or platformers or party games or shooters much more than cinematic games and JRPGs than the PS4 might not be the best console for them. I also think that Sony in general is weaker in multiplayer gaming than both Xbox and Nintendo, and I would never recommend the PS4 as the de facto console for anybody that prefers multiplayer gaming over single player experiences.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The PS4 started fairly slowly, but it clearly wears the same pants the PS2 did. It's the default console of Gen 8. It's cool if you own other consoles, but if you're holding your nose and refusing to get the PS4, you might be mental.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Meh. Had one for over a year and a half and really only played one game that I couldn't play anywhere else (unless I lived in Japan). It's not so hot yet.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Maroxad

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Maroxad said:

1. Strategy Game - NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence
  2. MOBAs - SMITE
  3. Bullet Hell - Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet
  4. Roguelikes - Rogue Legacy.
  5. MMORPGs - Final Fantasy XIV
  6. Space Sims - Elite Dangerous
  7. Sandbox Games - you serious?
  8. cRPGs - Torment Tides of Numenera
  9. Simulations - Farming Simulator 17
  10. Immersive Sims - Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari Edition.

The PS4 hits all of these genres.

We are talking about games you cant get elsewhere,

Freeroam games are not necessarily sandbox. Dwarf Fortress is a sandbox game, Crusader Kings is a sandbox. Saints Row is not. That game is as much of a sandbox as WoW is.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

I'm perfectly satisfied with my PC & Switch combo. I don't really care for Sony's first party, and those 3rd party games that used to be Sony/console exclusives (like Final Fantasy, PlatinumGames' games, Tales games, Kojima's games etc.) are all coming to PC, so I don't really see enough reasons to get one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

Having a ps4 pro for Nioh is great, been having a blast for over a month just helping people in co op NG +. I have no regrets skipping xbox this gen if it comes to it.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I don't have enough time to play all the games I currently have and keep up with everything else in my life. Buying a new system means I have to drop using a current one in order to play what I just purchased, a big waste of money when I've already got a massive backlog of games to play.

So no, I don't need a PS4

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I already have/have had enough games to deal with between my Xbox One and Nintendo systems (3DS/Wii U/now Switch). Adding a PS4 to the mix would probably be overkill for me.

The only things I feel like I'm missing out on with PS4 are Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, and because I also didn't own a PS3, Last of Us Remastered. Nioh is something I probably would consider checking out as well.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I will get one when there actually are a handful of games I actually want on it. Games I cannot play elsewhere mind you.

Nearly all games on that PoS are outclassed by the PC versions.

Are you upset that the switch only has zelda and that's on the wii u as well?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 21132 Posts

@Maroxad:

Yes Maro, are you upset?

lol

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21310 Posts

Pretty much. PC/PS4 is the wtg this gen.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Only PS4 games I'm interested in are Nier and FF7 remake.

Nier is on PC.............FF7.........we'll see.

Don't care for all thsoe overhyped hollywood games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dxmcat said:

Persona is Hollywood?

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

What if you're a big racing game fan?

What if you want 4K Blu Ray? (as far as I'm concerned, that format's DOA, but hey... I could be wrong)

What if you like consoles that begin with the letter "x"?

Different strokes for different folks.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16215 Posts

@jv303 said:
@charizard1605 said:

What if you're a big racing game fan?

What if you want 4K Blu Ray? (as far as I'm concerned, that format's DOA, but hey... I could be wrong)

What if you like consoles that begin with the letter "x"?

Different strokes for different folks.

yeah xbox is a lot more interesting for me. All depends what you like to play and where you're friends are (if you care about that). Not to mention the controller, allthough there's a workaround for that.

I'm not going to post a fifa legends picture...

but magic duels has again a new set.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@dxmcat said:

Persona is Hollywood?

Of course not, It's an overhyped weeaboo game.