At some point will MS have to change its business model for Game Pass?

• 72 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll At some point will MS have to change its business model for Game Pass? (37 votes)

Yes, as the program gets bigger, it will need to be paid for somehow. 57%
Nah, MS just needs more subscribers to keep it alive. 43%
No Caption Provided

So basically, Game Pass Ultimate has the best value. For one year, it's $180, and that includes Gold ($60 value). And you can play wherever you want. Now, if you're not an online gamer, than it's $120 but you're locked to either console or PC then. Still, a great value. But can MS continue this business model? It seems like people rely a lot on the cheap game trials, but long term, what will MS need to do to keep the program alive? If the idea is that MS needs tons of people to join, then that may still be problematic. It's a very competitive market. For one, MS would need Xbox to outsell Sony and Nintendo. Not sure if that will happen. Then there's also the PC market, which is also competitive. Games go on sale pretty quickly and you can buy keys from tons of places.

So I ask you, SW, at some point will MS have to change its business model for Game Pass? I think so. I can see them doing a tiered membership like other subscription services. That way they can charge more to the more engaged users. What do you think?

• 
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47070 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

@Pedro: repeating bullshit from your buddy Phil spencer (pathological liar) is just making you look as pathetic as a lem as you can get.

Thanks for conceding that you don’t know what you’re talking about and you’re only here to shill for MS

Says the person who name himself after the man.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5155 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@pc_rocks said:

TC's the same cow who was hyping the comment about Jack Ryan that Sony will have something like GamePass. Didn't see his concern then for Sony.

He flip flops worse than tormeltdowns...well, almost.

As usual, I don't think you actually read what I wrote in that thread 😄 I mentioned that Sony already has PS Now and could offer a tiered service. That supports what I wrote in my OP.

No need to deflect now, we all know you line up to kiss Sony's a$$.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6940 Posts

They tried to double the price of XBL. I think the answer to the question is clear.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4208 Posts

It will (and should) most likely be $14.99 on PC or Console and $19.99 for Ultimate. I would still pay at that rate. I get a lot for my money with gamepass.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1564 Posts

@mojito1988: Possibly, but that wouldn't be changing their business model. That's just a price increase.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4208 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@mojito1988: Possibly, but that wouldn't be changing their business model. That's just a price increase.

I get that. They cannot completely change it, but the price increase is fair to the level I stated.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I think a lot of people simply don't understand the market enough to form a legit stance on the subject.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pedro

@girlusocrazy: You got owned and there is no hiding from the facts. 😂🤣

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11416 Posts

@Pedro: It's sad how badly you want this to be a thing. Like I said you are free to assume their statements applied to as-yet undisclosed acquisitions years later, I have absolutely no issue with that. I just prefer to wait and see what transpires. I'm not sure why you care what I choose to do.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@girlusocrazy said:

@Pedro: It's sad how badly you want this to be a thing. Like I said you are free to assume their statements applied to as-yet undisclosed acquisitions years later, I have absolutely no issue with that. I just prefer to wait and see what transpires. I'm not sure why you care what I choose to do.

I am stating the facts that you can't accept, so it more like you badly want this not to be a thing. 😂

"Microsoft previously confirmed all new Bethesda titles will launch day and date into Xbox Game Pass." 🤣

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@Pedro: So if you knew there was confirmation why didn't you cite it earlier? Like I said I was waiting for that, obviously if they mentioned it that would have been important to bring up. Obviously you are looking for an opportunity to troll and don't have any interest a discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Pedro

@girlusocrazy said:

@Pedro: So if you knew there was confirmation why didn't you cite it earlier? Like I said I was waiting for that, obviously if they mentioned it that would have been important to bring up. Obviously you are looking for an opportunity to troll and don't have any interest a discussion.

It is not my fault you made an assumption that was false, despite being corrected multiple times. 😎

My very first response to you.

"Why do you all make up these already settled scenarios?Bethesda and all of its studios would be under Xbox Game Studios. All games made under this banner would be on GamePass day one."

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GirlUSoCrazy

@Pedro: I said I wasn't making an assumption and would wait on their statement. Clearly you're more interested in trolling than discussing. Grow up.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pedro

@girlusocrazy: You weren't critically thinking and were relying on wishful thinking, despite being given multiple opportunities, and now you mad.🤷‍♂️

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

Clearly this means a lot to you, you can believe whatever you want 🙄

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 38334 Posts

They need a console stream option and not just for smartphones and tablets. It could be nice if a friend wants to co-op but the other friend doesn't have it installed and it could take a while, streaming the game through Game Pass might be good for filling that immediate need.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21437 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Gamepass got you shook, quick make a thread for people to come in and validate your PS5 purchase 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29920 Posts

@i_p_daily: shook about what? How innovative it is even though Sony has had PS Now since January 2014?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 37710 Posts

Mooooooo. :P

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 5348 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

They tried to double the price of XBL. I think the answer to the question is clear.

Yeah OP got his numbers wrong. Gold is not a $60 value, it's a $120 value.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2348 Posts

it has changed.....for the better....free to play games are now free to play

hah

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@bluestars said:

it has changed.....for the better....free to play games are now free to play

hah

If for the better you mean punishing gamers that purchase games to pay for online, then I say no.