Assetto Corsa Competizione announced for PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

Good news for you racing fans a new Assetto Corsa is in development and will hit Steam early access on PC this summer.

link

DSOGaming source

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be speeding onto Steam Early Access this Summer, allowing players to test upcoming features and content that will be progressively disclosed. The final version of the game will include:

• MULTIPLAYER AND SINGLE PLAYER CAPABILITIES: Offering a highly intelligent ranking system, Assetto Corsa Competizione will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most skilled drivers and promote fair play in online competitions. Efficient matchmaking functions will ensure players can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find and join races online. Leaderboards will allow players to compare single lap performance with virtual drivers from around the world with the same car, circuit and weather conditions. Career, Championship and Free Play modes will also be available, offering a customized racing experience for all skill levels.
  • REALISTIC WEATHER CONDITIONS: Competitions of different durations, from Sprint 60 mins races to the famous Spa 24H Endurance race, Assetto Corsa Competizione will give players the opportunity to compete in different moments of the entire 24-hour arc under a dynamic weather system, thanks to a highly realistic graphical reproduction of weather conditions and visibility.
  • ACCURATE CIRCUITS: With laser scan technology, every official circuit is recreated with the highest level of precision: all curbs and details perfectly fit their real counterparts to grant a gaming experience as faithful to reality as possible.
  • ADVANCED GRAPHICS AND AUDIO EFFECTS: Unreal Engine 4 guarantees photorealistic rendering and with multi-channel audio sampling of real GT cars, Assetto Corsa Competizione conveys captivating and immersive acoustic surrounding and realistic environmental effects.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

I never understood how anyone could play racing sims on consoles. You need at least 60 fps (but preferably 100+) for these in order to pull off timely maneuvers.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

i'm not a massive fan of driving games at the best of times but driving sims are just too much for me to even consider them.

One thing is for sure though, they'll be the first games to really have photo-realistic graphics.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

One thing about Assetto Corsa is the challenge are very difficult in Assetto Corsa, enough to make a real professional driver to struggle at them. I don't spend much time with Driving Sims nowadays but Assetto Corsa is a very different type of game than Forza/GT combine. While I'll likely buy it, I'll wait for gamers impression before I consider buying it.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

It really feels like they’re moving away from the console market.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:

I never understood how anyone could play racing sims on consoles. You need at least 60 fps (but preferably 100+) for these in order to pull off timely maneuvers.

Yes because consoles don't have 60fps racing games... :/

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts
@vaeh said:

And moving towards early access.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@vaeh said:

And moving towards early access.

Not the first time.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#10 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17765 Posts

Is it limited to the Blancpain GT series or will you be able to race other cars and tracks?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@UssjTrunks said:

And racing games are some of the easiest games to run smooth and look good. Although a couple of racing games this gen on consoles have been 30fps. Driveclub, The Crew, Forza Horizon 2 & 3, Redout on Xbox One are all 30fps and Assetto Corsa on the base PS4 and Xbox One can't maintain a stable 60fps at all especially with the 15 cars max option at best the framerates on the PS4 and Xbox One average in the early to mid 40s, only with the 10 car option does either console get close to 60fps with the framerate averaging in the early to mid 50s.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scatteh316

@NoodleFighter said:
@scatteh316 said:
@UssjTrunks said:

And racing games are some of the easiest games to run smooth and look good. Although a couple of racing games this gen on consoles have been 30fps. Driveclub, The Crew, Forza Horizon 2 & 3, Redout on Xbox One are all 30fps and Assetto Corsa on the base PS4 and Xbox One can't maintain a stable 60fps at all especially with the 15 cars max option at best the framerates on the PS4 and Xbox One average in the early to mid 40s, only with the 10 car option does either console get close to 60fps with the framerate averaging in the early to mid 50s.

Again.....there's locked 60fps racers on consoles...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BassMan

@scatteh316 said:@NoodleFighter said: @scatteh316 said: @UssjTrunks said: I never understood how anyone could play racing sims on consoles. You need at least 60 fps (but preferably 100+) for these in order to pull off timely maneuvers.

... and they are all 60fps+ on PC.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scatteh316

@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@scatteh316 said:

... and they are are all 60fps+ on PC.

.... And well done for adding nothing to the discussion that you were never apart of...... And they're not 60fps+ on every PC.

You fan boys need to stop using the term PC when it comes to frame rates and graphics as not every PC can do what you claim, heck when you look at the percentage of PC's in the world in relation to the PC's that can do what you guys claim you would be looking at what? Less then 1% of them being the high end?

As opposed to 100% of all, PS4/Pro's and Xbone/X being able to deliver the same performance.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BassMan

@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

.... And well done for adding nothing to the discussion that you were never apart of...... And they're not 60fps+ on every PC.

You fan boys need to stop using the term PC when it comes to frame rates and graphics as not every PC can do what you claim, heck when you look at the percentage of PC's in the world in relation to the PC's that can do what you guys claim you would be looking at what? Less then 1% of them being the high end?

As opposed to 100% of all, PS4/Pro's and Xbone/X being able to deliver the same performance.

What % of all consoles do X1, X1X, PS4, and PS4 Pro represent? Many people don't even have a current gen console. Besides, all current gen consoles are shit. I don't care if not everybody has a good gaming PC. I do and the capability to run the games at 60fps or higher is there. You are fucked on console if you want a proper gaming experience with all games.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UssjTrunks

@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Who cares what the average PC gamer uses? I have high end hardware. That's my frame of reference. I don't care about anyone else.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Who cares what the average PC gamer uses? I have high end hardware. That's my frame of reference. I don't care about anyone else.

Damn straight.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Agreed

X1X / HDR / OLED / 9 Speaker ATMOS / 18” Subwoofer / Master Race checking in

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I hope the interface will be better. And I hope some launcher will appear like for the first AC.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@m3Boarder32 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:

Agreed

X1X and master race.

Sounds legit.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UssjTrunks

@m3Boarder32 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:

Agreed

And yet still 30 fps and medium graphics.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 m3Boarder32

@UssjTrunks said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:

Agreed

And yet still 30 fps and medium graphics.

I’m playing Forza 7 at Ultra 60 FPS

let me guess, you still have a 1440p Monitor ? Lmao

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 m3Boarder32

@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BassMan said:
@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

What % of all consoles do X1, X1X, PS4, and PS4 Pro represent?

I don't care if not everybody has a good gaming PC I do.

Lol