regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 1932 Posts

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84566/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-title-update-1-0-4?lang=en-US

supposed to fix a bunch of things in all platforms including screen tearing on the Series X/S

Patch Sizes and Deployment Timing:

• Xbox Series X|S: ~5.3 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
  • Xbox One: ~4.9 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
  • PlayStation 5: ~2.5 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
  • PlayStation 4: ~4.1 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
  • PC: ~4.3 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5791 Posts

PS5 2.5GB?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46462 Posts

I can't wait...oh! I don't have the game. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2335 Posts

Wonder what the resolution will be like for the 60fps mode for Series S

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 sts106mat  Online
Member since 2005 • 25165 Posts

I am really enjoying this game havent olayed the last two creed games due to how long they take.

But almost 30 bours into this and it feels like ive been playing only a few hours its great.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 6060 Posts

Stop torturing your ssd's with this shit game

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1273 Posts

Fix the screen tearing on the XSX and I might consider it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 38084 Posts

Doesn't matter to me anymore. I got my digital refund. Won't consider playing this for some time. I needed a time killer between launch and CP2077 release. Right now have Yakuza Like A Dragon and Katamari Reroll on my plate.

Glad they fixed HDR issues though, support refused to acknowledge it I was worried they would never fix it as they wouldn't even mention it in their megathread. A bit baffling as to why they released it without a graphics and performance mode option.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

Patch will do nothing on series X, PS5 is the more powerful console according to some on this forum.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14513 Posts

People still play Ubisoft games? Oh nvm that's just lemmings with no other options.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36057 Posts

Great game, I'm really enjoying it.

It feels so much like medieval times and it helps that I just got a kick-ass greatsword!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k
@sts106mat said:

I am really enjoying this game havent olayed the last two creed games due to how long they take.

But almost 30 bours into this and it feels like ive been playing only a few hours its great.

Same here, I'm checking my in game save and I'm just sinking hours into it without even realising.

Looooooove the new setting.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Stop torturing your ssd's with this shit game

Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2044 Posts

The tools arrived!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2565 Posts

Ubi is like 10 years too late on the whole viking trend. But to be fair, they were very late to the whole pirate trend as well.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4900 Posts

Enjoying the game give me 60fps performance mode and I'm set.

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sts106mat  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

Great game, I'm really enjoying it.

It feels so much like medieval times and it helps that I just got a kick-ass greatsword!

I haven't tried any swords yet, but perhaps i should. I was using a pike for a while, but currently using two axes.

I really enjoy that orlag dice game!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 15790 Posts

I got this and Legion free with my PC components but haven't been able to get into it much because of the terrible performance even on a 3090.

Hopefully this patch helps but Cyberpunk will be out soon so it might have to wait until next year.

Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

@robert_sparkes: You were already playing the performance mode. That 60fps is the performance mode

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k

@sts106mat said:

I haven't tried any swords yet, but perhaps i should. I was using a pike for a while, but currently using two axes.

I really should try Orlag ^^ I'm a big fan of flyting myself, I would bet all my money.

How many monastaries have you raided so far? I've raided 3 and built the stables and harbor in my camp so far.

Ok, so the great thing about this greatsword is: it can open up enemies to attacks so well. You give them a heavy swipe to open those shield guys up, and then a fast light swipe. The special attack is rushing in with your sword, it looks so cool and opens everyone up for an extra attack.

You can find it in a shop in Leicestershire or Gratebridgeshire. The first village you go to.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
@navyguy21 said:

I got this and Legion free with my PC components but haven't been able to get into it much because of the terrible performance even on a 3090.

Hopefully this patch helps but Cyberpunk will be out soon so it might have to wait until next year.

The patch did help performance for me on a GTX1080ti, the game was performing AWFUL on Nvidia before this patch.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k

So the Xbox Series S is now running this game at 30fps by default.

So much for 'next gen experience'...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49053 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@sts106mat said:

I really should try Orlag ^^ I'm a big fan of flyting myself, I would bet all my money.

How many monastaries have you raided so far? I've raided 3 and built the stables and harbor in my camp so far.

Ok, so the great thing about this greatsword is: it can open up enemies to attacks so well. You give them a heavy swipe to open those shield guys up, and then a fast light swipe. The special attack is rushing in with your sword, it looks so cool and opens everyone up for an extra attack.

You can find it in a shop in Leicestershire or Gratebridgeshire. The first village you go to.

Yeah the activities and side missions are really great in the game.

Flyting is awesome, it's basically just rap battles hahaha. Orlag is great, too; not sure if Orlag or Gwent (Witcher) is the better mini-game.

I'll have to check out that greatsword, too. I've been avoiding large weapons since I'm playing as Raven and Wolf spec, does it work for those or would it be better suited for Bear spec?

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sts106mat  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@sts106mat said:

Yes, orlag is good definitely give it a try, each person you beat gives you a new god favour, i tend to stick with the odins strike one, but you can have up to three in a game. i got a cool new one last night just before i stopped playing.

Monastries, i've probably done maybe 4 or 5? my power is just below 90 and i am struggling with the three zealots i have found. I haven't been able to get anywhere close to beating them yet. The sword sounds like it will be useful for one of them now you mention it. I have a greatsword in my inventory i think i got it on a raid or contract. will certainly try it tonight.

I've built the stables, seer's hut, trader, hunters and hidden ones bureau. i chose to take the resources from the king in norway so that helped.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25 said:

Flyting is awesome, it's basically just rap battles hahaha. Orlag is great, too; not sure if Orlag or Gwent (Witcher) is the better mini-game.

I'll have to check out that greatsword, too. I've been avoiding large weapons since I'm playing as Raven and Wolf spec, does it work for those or would it be better suited for Bear spec?

I also really like how the game handles mysteries and it makes each item you want to find a mini-puzzle.

It really handles the side stuff quite well!

@sts106mat said:

Yes, orlag is good definitely give it a try, each person you beat gives you a new god favour, i tend to stick with the odins strike one, but you can have up to three in a game. i got a cool new one last night just before i stopped playing.

Monastries, i've probably done maybe 4 or 5? my power is just below 90 and i am struggling with the three zealots i have found. I haven't been able to get anywhere close to beating them yet. The sword sounds like it will be useful for one of them now you mention it. I have a greatsword in my inventory i think i got it on a raid or contract. will certainly try it tonight.

I've built the stables, seer's hut, trader, hunters and hidden ones bureau. i chose to take the resources from the king in norway so that helped.

I knew not taking the resources would bite me in the ass.

Hope karma hits you back in the game, hahahaha

I'm on my back to Norway right now in order to get the gods favor. Thanks for the tip!

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sts106mat  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I also really like how the game handles mysteries and it makes each item you want to find a mini-puzzle.

It really handles the side stuff quite well!

@sts106mat said:

I knew not taking the resources would bite me in the ass.

Hope karma hits you back in the game, hahahaha

I'm on my back to Norway right now in order to get the gods favor. Thanks for the tip!

@mrbojangles25 - i really liked Gwent, i think that probably takes the win between the two games.

And yeah the way it uses the mysteries is way better than having 200 side quests etc.

That was the main reason i couldn't get into the last two creed games. Just way too many map markers, just over-facing you right from the beginning. They got it right this time IMO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pedro

Itโ€™s good to see the positive feedback from folks who have played the game. I will consider getting it if itโ€™s on sale for Black Friday.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By robert_sparkes

@the6millionlies: I'm only playing on a series S so 60fps wasn't an option it was quality mode by default.

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sts106mat  Online

@Pedro said:

Itโ€™s good to see the positive feedback fro folks who have played the game.i will consider getting it if itโ€™s on sale for Black Friday.

Its good Pedro, its beautiful, immersive, fun and the exploring is great.

there isn't really anything i dislike about it to be honest.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@sts106mat: Cool. I look forward to giving the game a shot.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2335 Posts

Played a few hours and tried out the 60fps mode on Series S. Pretty sweet update and resolution didn't take that much of a hit. Impressed with how good it looks and plays on Series S and as devs get used to the tools, it's only going to get better.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2565 Posts

So the series S was playing this game at the same frame rate as the PS5 and series X, just at a lower resolution? What resolution is the Series S using?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5020 Posts

Wouldn't even touch if Ubisoft gave me those for free. I even feel bad for the people who has to review such crap.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#34 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 10510 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@sts106mat said:

I've been rocking two-handed weapons with the Raven spec on hard combat difficulty and beating the crap out of enemies.

Haven't been able to go back to single handed weapons they just don't hit as hard.

Been switching back and forth between a two-handed axe and greatsword, just got a Warhammer so i'm going to give that a go next

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 robert_sparkes

Playing on the S and the 60fps is impressive no way I'm going back the hit on resolution isn't as bad as I expected. I didn't expect to even notice the difference between 30 and 60.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

Y'all making me want to get the game now. ๐Ÿ˜…

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 with_teeth26

@Pedro said:

Y'all making me want to get the game now. ๐Ÿ˜…

Its the second AC game i've genuinely enjoyed, the other being Black Flag

Its still a Ubisoft open world game with many of the usual trappings but its one of their better ones IMO

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49053 Posts

Definitely feels better after the patch (on PC). Loads faster, exits faster, pretty sure I got some more frames out of it

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1273 Posts

@robert_sparkes: That's the thing. Of course it depends on the sacrifices needed to get to 60fps but image quality greatly improves at higher frame rates. 30fps might be nice for screenshots but all the extra detail goes away with all the blur caused by the low frames, particularly in horizontal motion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26: Yup, two handed weapons are just the bomb in this game and feel so much better than axes and spears did in Origins and Odyssey.

It's like they infused Assassin's Creed with some Dark Souls combat.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25: yeah it's just so much more stable and smoother. Onwards to 100 hours of playing AC Valhalla xD

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sts106mat  Online

@with_teeth26: i am doing the raven too and tried the greatsword. it definitely hepled but not quite powerful enough for the zealots yet.

Just got to london and found some cool ingots for improving the weapons.

If i had enough free time id play this game all day.

Patch seems to have got rid of what little screen tearing there was on my series x

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@sts106mat: what do you mean with 'doing the raven' is it making all your gear or skills focussed on the raven tech tree?

Also where can you find silver ingots?

I seem to only find bronze ones. I even paid some local dude to point me in the right direction (30 coins) and all I got was a lousy bronze ingot xD

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#44 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 43633 Posts

"Patch coming Soon" should be a small print sentence underneath the Ubisoft logo.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 with_teeth26

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sts106mat: what do you mean with 'doing the raven' is it making all your gear or skills focussed on the raven tech tree?

Also where can you find silver ingots?

I seem to only find bronze ones. I even paid some local dude to point me in the right direction (30 coins) and all I got was a lousy bronze ingot xD

once you start going into the areas that require a higher power level you'll start finding better ingots

I think I started finding them in the power 90 recommended areas

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sts106mat  Online

@with_teeth26: @R4gn4r0k:

Yes ive been putting all my points in the raven tree recently starting to wonder if i should change. I do a lot of with the bow and have unlockes some cool things like chain assassinations.

Ingots are found in raids but like teetch says the rarer ones appear to be in the harder areas.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 with_teeth26

@sts106mat said:

@with_teeth26: @R4gn4r0k:

Yes ive been putting all my points in the raven tree recently starting to wonder if i should change. I do a lot of with the bow and have unlockes some cool things like chain assassinations.

Ingots are found in raids but like teetch says the rarer ones appear to be in the harder areas.

I've been putting points into all 3 trees but i'm using a Raven aligned armor set and have priorities tree upgrades for Raven armor

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 20785 Posts

Damn you guys are making me want the game, i mean i put in over 100hrs each on both Origins & Odyssey.

I start my new job on Monday and will be working 6 days a week from now on, so i don't want to get into it and then play it for like an hour or two every couple of days as it would kill all immersion for me.

What a dilemma :(

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 6060 Posts

All this AssCreed positivity makes me ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
I genuinely do not understand how does one enjoy a game like this (or watch dogs for that matter). What is the secret? Do you cover your screen while playing?

Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

I don't know those that played the PS5 version before the patch , but after the patch the ps5 version is dropping frames just as bad as the unpatched XSX version.

Loading Video...