Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Eh? Eh.

bisoft has given us our best look yet at Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered, which will launch 29th March on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

It looks like it'll also be available on Nintendo Switch too, although Ubisoft doesn't want to announce that yet.

Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered is, as its name suggests, a shinier version of the series' North American set entry, originally released back in 2012.

This re-release also includes a remastered version of Vita spin-off Liberation, and all single-player DLC including the balls-out bizarre King Washington storyline.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey season pass owners get the game for free, or it's also being sold separately. But enough text from me - here is video of how it all looks:

Amusingly, Ubisoft's store page for the game includes the original screenshot of main character Connor in a canoe - a feature cut from the main game before its release seven years ago. Will canoes be restored to the game for its Remastered release? I kayak wait to find out.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

AC3 is much better than AC2, origins and of course odyessey too

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

AC3 is much better than AC2, origins and of course odyessey too

I... agree with this.

Complex character who isn't easy to like, with a father who isn't a 2d bad guy blueprint, at least not until the end when they completely **** it up with the obligatory showdown.

Game-play still largely far too easy and repetitive with schizophrenic controls and UI and Desmond and Scooby Gang are still a bunch of low budget scifi channel rejects.

But at least the opening 1/3 and Conner are interesting.

-

Not picking this shit up though, certainly not for £29.99.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46276 Posts

Nice brown filter they got there.

What did they do? Rip it straight out of a 2008 shooter?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Odyssey season pass owners get it just like that? Guess I own it then.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

I am wayyy over ass cred these days! A remake of one of the worst ones isn’t exactly what can bring me back!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I recently played through the Ezio collection and the upgrades were minimal. I expect the same upgrade on 3.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

I prefer the colder look to the warmer. They want money for this shit?

Also, a Switch version? They tried releasing an AC game on Wii U but never bothered checking first if the game could run on the hardware or not. This game too will probably run with around 15-25 fps.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Litchie: I mean, if they do their due diligence it should run fine - the Switch does a good job running 360-level games at 360 level performance. And this is a 360-level game. We'll probably find that the Switch version is basically the original with the new light filter - and thus runs fine enough on the hardware.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I don't think AC3 was half as bad as people made it out to be, but why remaster this? Are they just going through all the AC games?

Whatever, I have the AC: O season pass, I get it for free. Yay!

It was arguably the last AC game where stealth and ambushing were a major element, before they got all combat-action'y. Well that's not true I guess, we had the perfect AC Unity and the criminally-underappreciated Syndicate.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't think AC3 was half as bad as people made it out to be, but why remaster this? Are they just going through all the AC games?

Whatever, I have the AC: O season pass, I get it for free. Yay!

It was arguably the last AC game where stealth and ambushing were a major element, before they got all combat-action'y. Well that's not true I guess, we had the perfect AC Unity and the criminally-underappreciated Syndicate.

It's Ubisoft.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Wish they updated the bow mechanics to what they have in Origins. Locking on and then tapping triangle to shoot, is perhaps the most awkward bow controls of all times?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

@xantufrog: After seeing AC games run on Wii U and PS4 like poo, and not seeing several gamers complain about it, my hopes are not high. Can they get it running in stable 30 fps, I'll be surprised.