Assassins Creed 3 OFFICIAL Hype Thread of The Infamy of King Washington DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Where did everyone preorder it at?

I preordered at Gamestop for the Mayan ruins pack.

PhazonBlazer

I read about that Mayan ruins thing, that sounds cool as sh!t. Do you actually go to Central America in the main game?

I don't think so, unless you're able to sail there in the naval sections.

Strange that they would make DLC that requires a lot of different assets from what will be in the game.
#202 Posted by Omega-316 (981 posts) -

The longest 10 days I'm going to have since time. This game is top 5 for me for being most hyped about. San Andreas, GTA4, MGS4, AC3, RDR, Skyrim. all in that order.

damn...i sure am a sucker for open world games...

#203 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] I read about that Mayan ruins thing, that sounds cool as sh!t. Do you actually go to Central America in the main game?Cherokee_Jack

I don't think so, unless you're able to sail there in the naval sections.

Strange that they would make DLC that requires a lot of different assets from what will be in the game.

Ok I've realized something that might be pretty spoilerish for Desmond's and Connor's campaign

[spoiler]

If you look at the picture below you can tell that this seems to be a wrestling match in a Spanish speaking part of the world. Maybe this means that Connor will be travelling to Central America within the campaign.

T2Mob.jpg

[/spoiler]

#204 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
Preordered at GS. Standard Edition. Do I still get Mayan Ruins?
#205 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -
Preordered at GS. Standard Edition. Do I still get Mayan Ruins?charizard1605
Standard Edition? Son, I am disappoint.
#206 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

Yeah you get the Mayan Ruins if you preordered it.

#207 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Preordered at GS. Standard Edition. Do I still get Mayan Ruins?DarkLink77

I also wanted to get Pokemon :P Which one did ya get?
#208 Posted by Omega-316 (981 posts) -

Same and yes you will. I think.

#209 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Preordered at GS. Standard Edition. Do I still get Mayan Ruins?charizard1605

I also wanted to get Pokemon :P Which one did ya get?

I'm not buying a f*cking Assassin's Creed game at launch. Are you high?
#210 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

Yeah you get the Mayan Ruins if you preordered it.

PhazonBlazer

Same and yes you will. I think.

Omega-316
Cool, thanks [QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I'm not buying a f*cking Assassin's Creed game at launch. Are you high?

I had hope for you yet :P
#211 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

I'm not getting the limited edition because I don't really care about a statue :P

I wish they would have offered a cool art book for a special edition and had it be 79.99

#212 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

I'm not getting the limited edition because I don't really care about a statue :P

I wish they would have offered a cool art book for a special edition and had it be 79.99

PhazonBlazer
Europe got the better Special Edition this time :(
#213 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I'm not buying a f*cking Assassin's Creed game at launch. Are you high?charizard1605

I haven't finished 2, let alone any of the later ones, and Black Friday + The Holiday sale is right around the corner. Why pay full price when it'll be so cheap so soon?

#214 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] [QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I'm not buying a f*cking Assassin's Creed game at launch. Are you high?

I haven't finished 2, let alone ant of the later ones, and Black Friday + The Holiday sale is right around the corner. WHy pay full price when it'll be so cheap so soon?

Oh yeah, that actually sounds like a good idea now that I think about it. You don't need to play Brotherhood and Revelations- they aren't required reading. You could just Wiki them. Make sure to finish II though, that will probably be very important in context to the plot points in AC3. Although considering 3 will probably do massive numbers- it wouldn't surprise me if it did more than 3 million in a week- would it still get a price drop?
#215 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] I had hope for you yet :P

I haven't finished 2, let alone ant of the later ones, and Black Friday + The Holiday sale is right around the corner. WHy pay full price when it'll be so cheap so soon?

Oh yeah, that actually sounds like a good idea now that I think about it. You don't need to play Brotherhood and Revelations- they aren't required reading. You could just Wiki them. Make sure to finish II though, that will probably be very important in context to the plot points in AC3. Although considering 3 will probably do massive numbers- it wouldn't surprise me if it did more than 3 million in a week- would it still get a price drop?

Dude. Black Friday and Steam sales. Everything gets a price drop.
#216 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I haven't finished 2, let alone ant of the later ones, and Black Friday + The Holiday sale is right around the corner. WHy pay full price when it'll be so cheap so soon?

Dude. Black Friday and Steam sales. Everything gets a price drop.

Eh, I don't know about that... it will be a week old around both of those sales (considering the staggered release of the PC edition). Black Friday might see it bundled with some other game, or like $20 off though.
#217 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Ok I've realized something that might be pretty spoilerish for Desmond's and Connor's campaign

PhazonBlazer

[spoiler] Luchadores in ACIII = GOTY [/spoiler]

#218 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
I was watching the IGN video. They seem to have fixed the combat completely.
#219 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -
I was watching the IGN video. They seem to have fixed the combat completely.charizard1605
Impossible.
Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#220 Posted by darkspineslayer (22398 posts) -
Limited edition for PS3, and Leberation. Let the revolution begin. Haven't gotten my hands on it yet, and I already want to know where they will go next. If they want to do more Connor, than I would like to see 1812.
#221 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]I was watching the IGN video. They seem to have fixed the combat completely.DarkLink77
Impossible.

No, they seem to have removed the dependance on counters. Although countering can activate chain combos that can be carried between enemies as well. It's in the Making of Assassin's Creed III video Part II.
#222 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

Yay sticky thread:D

#223 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
Let's celebrate!
#224 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
Well of course GotY 2012 would get a stickied thread :cool:
#225 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
Well of course GotY 2012 would get a stickied thread :cool:charizard1605
Halo 4 already has one. :cool: [spoiler] AC3 is more likely to win anyway [/spoiler]
#226 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Well of course GotY 2012 would get a stickied thread :cool:TheDidact
Halo 4 already has one. :cool: [spoiler] AC3 is more likely to win anyway [/spoiler]

Halo 4 looks great, but Assassin's Creed 3 is going to be Game of the Generation :cool:
#227 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Well of course GotY 2012 would get a stickied thread :cool:charizard1605

Halo 4 looks great, but Assassin's Creed 3 is going to be Game of the Generation :cool:

I'd say these two are the frontrunners for game of the year...but AC3 will win of course:P

#228 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Halo 4 already has one. :cool: [spoiler] AC3 is more likely to win anyway [/spoiler] PhazonBlazer

I'd say these two are the frontrunners for game of the year...but AC3 will win of course:P

Oh, and Dishonored. From what I have seen, that game looks awesome. Can't forget about Darksiders 2, which I really liked as well.
#229 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Halo 4 looks great, but Assassin's Creed 3 is going to be Game of the Generation :cool:charizard1605

Oh, and Dishonored. From what I have seen, that game looks awesome. Can't forget about Darksiders 2, which I really liked as well.

Dishonored seems like the kinda dark horse that GS would pick for GOTY

#230 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"] I'd say these two are the frontrunners for game of the year...but AC3 will win of course:P

PhazonBlazer

It's gonna be Demon's Souls all over again :(
#231 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"] I'd say these two are the frontrunners for game of the year...but AC3 will win of course:P

PhazonBlazer

it's a new IP that respects player choice and has a good story. It has GOTY pretty much on lock here, barring Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed III being the word of God pressed onto a disc.
#232 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Oh, and Dishonored. From what I have seen, that game looks awesome. Can't forget about Darksiders 2, which I really liked as well.charizard1605

Assassin's Creed didn't have a chance, anyway. Sequels generally don't win GOTY here.
#233 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

DarkLink77

Assassin's Creed didn't have a chance, anyway. Sequels generally don't win GOTY here.

Skyrim? MGS4?

#234 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] It's gonna be Demon's Souls all over again :(UnrealLegend

Skyrim? MGS4?

Did you miss the part where I said "generally?"
#235 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Oh, and Dishonored. From what I have seen, that game looks awesome. Can't forget about Darksiders 2, which I really liked as well.DarkLink77

it's a new IP that respects player choice and has a good story. It has GOTY pretty much on lock here, barring Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed III being the word of God pressed onto a disc.

Finally, you're starting to understand ;).

#236 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

XVision84

Never gonna happen because lolAssassin'sCreed.
#237 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] it's a new IP that respects player choice and has a good story. It has GOTY pretty much on lock here, barring Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed III being the word of God pressed onto a disc.DarkLink77

You had so much potential:|.

You could've been invited to be part of my Assassin's possie when midnight launch comes. I was planning a bonfire, AC III costumes, dance, beer, 'muricans vs british wrestling, basically the best sausage-fest on this planet. But forget it, you're clearly not worthy of such an honor:(.

#238 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Assassin's Creed didn't have a chance, anyway. Sequels generally don't win GOTY here.DarkLink77

Skyrim? MGS4?

Did you miss the part where I said "generally?"

Yes. :P

#239 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

DarkLink77

Bro, it's gonna happen, just wait ;) [spoiler] Oh God, I'm starting to use the Cow Mantra now :| [/spoiler]
#240 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

You could've been invited to be part of my Assassin's possie when midnight launch comes. I was planning a bonfire, AC III costumes, dance, beer, 'muricans vs british wrestling, basically the best sausage-fest on this planet. But forget it, you're clearly not worthy of such an honor:(.

Not my fault you're head over heels for milked mediocrity.
#241 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (10316 posts) -

I'm getting both this and Liberation for my Vita.

#242 Posted by mstrchf12 (246 posts) -
Simply cannot wait. Pre-ordered this game months ago. The wait is killing me. plus i have to wait an extra month to get home before i play it. GRRR!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#243 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

I have high hopes for this game but everytime they showed footage something let me down a bit. The visuals while impressive aren't as good as they should be, some other games in the medium are far more visually detailed with more high res textures and better shadows. But I will wait for a PC version comparison to judge more, But it's AC so I doubt it will be much different than the consoles apart from resolution and framerate.

Also the combat still seems incredibly drole. Enemies stand around waiting to be killed. It all looks very flashy and cool but there is no substance to it. The enemy AI is still as dumb as ever it seems.

Animals were a great addition and then they had to put in QTE battles with them. I mean wtf authorised that decision? it is so stupid that you would wrestle a fvcking deer after attacking it. A deer would run from you not turn and lock arms with you. A normal dodge and fight mechanic would have been fine but not "Press B to win". Anyway I will try avoid them as much as I can.

What I do like though is Connor. He is a bigger brute than the previous assassins and I love how all his moves are very deliberate and hefty looking. He has way more strength than Ezio or Altair and I like that sort of attitude in the wilderness. The wilderness itself is also the big seller of this game for me. I am biased towards forests and snow and this game has both in spades.

I just hope there is a lot of choice in how we got about missions, like I would love to do all missions from treetops and be very cunning and not be forced into too many encounters. Time will tell, but I expect a 9.0 here so far

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#244 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Never gonna happen because lolAssassin'sCreed.DarkLink77

How are you only level 38? :?

#245 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

seanmcloughlin

How are you only level 38? :?

Before the new TOU came to be, I got modded a lot.

#246 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

I have high hopes for this game but everytime they showed footage something let me down a bit. The visuals while impressive aren't as good as they should be, some other games in the medium are far more visually detailed with more high res textures and better shadows. But I will wait for a PC version comparison to judge more, But it's AC so I doubt it will be much different than the consoles apart from resolution and framerate.

Also the combat still seems incredibly drole. Enemies stand around waiting to be killed. It all looks very flashy and cool but there is no substance to it. The enemy AI is still as dumb as ever it seems.

Animals were a great addition and then they had to put in QTE battles with them. I mean wtf authorised that decision? it is so stupid that you would wrestle a fvcking deer after attacking it. A deer would run from you not turn and lock arms with you. A normal dodge and fight mechanic would have been fine but not "Press B to win". Anyway I will try avoid them as much as I can.

What I do like though is Connor. He is a bigger brute than the previous assassins and I love how all his moves are very deliberate and hefty looking. He has way more strength than Ezio or Altair and I like that sort of attitude in the wilderness. The wilderness itself is also the big seller of this game for me. I am biased towards forests and snow and this game has both in spades.

I just hope there is a lot of choice in how we got about missions, like I would love to do all missions from treetops and be very cunning and not be forced into too many encounters. Time will tell, but I expect a 9.0 here so far

seanmcloughlin

Completely agree.

I hope they don't turn out to be major annoyances in the game.

#249 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

TheGuardian03

Completely agree.

I hope they don't turn out to be major annoyances in the game.

Fuking QTE's in my assassins creed, hope they patch this or something.

Seriously, this is probably my biggest complaint at the moment. It's just unnecessary and breaks the immersion. Hope they get rid of them before the release.

#250 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
Does anyone have any impressions from somebody who has actually played the Naval Battles? Those are my biggest concern alongside the QTE Hunting.