Assassin's Creed IV Wii U Footage (Looks great!)

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Zophar87 said:

I wouldn't go THAT far.

<_<

We'll see :dizzyos:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I really don't like how most sites have excluded WiiU in their game comparisons.

I mean I can understand that no copy for a system means no footage, but the blatant rejection of the WiiU in Gaming Media is outstanding.

And all the blame goes to Nintendo in 3... 2... 1...

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Wow, looks freaking sweet. Good guy Ubisoft for supporting the WiiU when few others do.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@Zophar87 said:

I wouldn't go THAT far.

<_<

We'll see

Already rigging the awards? :O

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Xaero_Gravity said:

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@Xaero_Gravity said:

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts

@Bigboi500: The wii eww is pathetically weak

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Not bad. I wonder what Digitalfoundry's take is on this. If the loading times hold up, I'm getting it on the WiiU.

Also, does the game offer the off-screen play function?

Digital foundry will give it the usual fair shake:

'shown slight lag when we gathered one million NPCs in the town square and used fifty smoke bombs ergo: WII U TOTAL FAIL!'

'when we spun the camera during the action it froze so: WII U TOTAL FAIL!'

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@MFDOOM1983: Review scores? Really? That's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen here and that says a lot, and means absolutely nothing to me because I have some of those other games already on other systems.

Since I'm not a fanboy like you, it doesn't matter if I don't get all my games on only one system, as I already said before you pulled some ridiculous and irrelevant game list out of your ass.

Keep hating, it goes good with today's Halloween theme.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Compare it to ps4. After all it's a next gen system isn't it? Of course it isn't.

It is. I did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#61  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@TheKingIAm said:

@Bigboi500: The wii eww is pathetically weak

lolKaszilla

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

These Nintentrolls are at a new level of pathetic. Now they're getting mad at posters for enjoying their Wii U consoles! Well they pulled lists with scores for games not on Wii U, that really showed us Wii U owners! What's next, are the haters gonna break in to our homes and destroy our systems?

This nonsense has sunk to creepy levels of stupidity. I mean it's one thing to throw out a quick jab towards a system you don't own, but to go to the trouble of making a list with nonsensical scores, and post parts of gamesite articles... LOL I guess not having a life has warped the mind of some fanboys to the point they have to behave very badly online to get the attention they so desperately desire. Eww, stay away from me!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#63  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Ubisoft was true to their word. The Wii U version is between current and next gen quality. Looks really good.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983: Review scores? Really? That's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen here and that says a lot, and means absolutely nothing to me because I have some of those other games already on other systems.

Since I'm not a fanboy like you, it doesn't matter if I don't get all my games on only one system, as I already said before you pulled some ridiculous and irrelevant game list out of your ass.

Keep hating, it goes good with today's Halloween theme.

Hmmm, you really have a hard time grasping that I want a console that provides me with a lot of great games. Not this 3rd string console bullshit, but a console that stands on its own. Nothing fanboyish about that, imo. I like a lot of 3rd party titles and indie games, but Nintendo is more interested in peddling their own shit than making sure owners of their console have access to as many games as possible. You talk about eshop's library growth and name drop 5 3rd party games(Lol only 5), but have nothing to say when I provide a list of games Wii-U is missing this year in those two categories( 3rd party and indie). All you do is cry about review scores and completely miss the point. Other consoles are embarrassing Wii-U in game output this year. Just to put things in perspective. GC saw 100+ game releases from Sept. to Dec. in its first year. Wii-U is going to have a little of 30 in the same time frame. Factor in digital release and you might crack 40. Which I'm doubtful about since it only received 18 digital releases this year.

Expecting game output on par with its competitors is just too much to ask for.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheKingIAm

Sheep are something else. Defending their next gen console being on par with the last gen consoles

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@ChubbyGuy40: I hope sheep don't plan to use the lazy dev dc this entire generation. When every Wii-u game from 3rd parties is trading blows with its last gen counterparts, then the issue has more to do with the hardware itself rather than lazy devs, imo. Historically speaking Ubisoft titles have been rather poor on PC, but what exactly does this have to do with a console? Especially, when you factor in that Ubi has been Wii-U's biggest 3rd party supporter.

Wii U is pretty much in-between - it's neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen.

Credit Watch Dog Dev

Doesn't sound like a significantly more powerful console.

Nintendo's take on indie games seems quite similar to 3rd party titles. They talk a big game about how much support they're giving them, then become silent and support seemingly drys up. Fool me onece shame on you, Nintendo...

Historically, Ubisoft's titles have been riddled with DRM. Everything else for the PC version was fine, and sometimes they even went the extra mile and got a totally different game developed (GRAW and GRAW 2.) The point is that Ubisoft sometimes doesn't show the same support for platforms that aren't the PS3/360. We can even look at Batman Arkham City vs Arkham Origins. City was ported by WB Montreal and had some (very fixable) issues, but Origins was done by an outside team (Human Head) and is actually the best console version, definitive even if you ignore PC's visuals and multiplayer that no one cares about. Hardware ain't magical like you think it is.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Downplaying or ignoring positives said about Wii-U in favor of the comments that paint a negative picture. We could pull up multiple comments by Shin'en but since they're so "obviously Nintendo-biased" it wouldn't matter. Nintendo has done their part to give a ton of support to indies, from free Wii-U Unity Pro to direct access to upload their content to the eShop, but don't expect every single dev to run to every platform they can digitally publish on especially when it doesn't have a large audience right now. 3DS's eShop was barren until it took off, the same will likely happen for Wii-U once devs see it as a financially viable platform. It's simple stuff, but it can't be changed overnight like you expect.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MFDOOM1983

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@ChubbyGuy40: I hope sheep don't plan to use the lazy dev dc this entire generation. When every Wii-u game from 3rd parties is trading blows with its last gen counterparts, then the issue has more to do with the hardware itself rather than lazy devs, imo. Historically speaking Ubisoft titles have been rather poor on PC, but what exactly does this have to do with a console? Especially, when you factor in that Ubi has been Wii-U's biggest 3rd party supporter.

Wii U is pretty much in-between - it's neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen.

Credit Watch Dog Dev

Nintendo's take on indie games seems quite similar to 3rd party titles. They talk a big game about how much support they're giving them, then become silent and support seemingly drys up. Fool me onece shame on you, Nintendo...

Historically, Ubisoft's titles have been riddled with DRM. Everything else for the PC version was fine, and sometimes they even went the extra mile and got a totally different game developed (GRAW and GRAW 2.) The point is that Ubisoft sometimes doesn't show the same support for platforms that aren't the PS3/360. We can even look at Batman Arkham City vs Arkham Origins. City was ported by WB Montreal and had some (very fixable) issues, but Origins was done by an outside team (Human Head) and is actually the best console version, definitive even if you ignore PC's visuals and multiplayer that no one cares about. Hardware ain't magical like you think it is.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Downplaying or ignoring positives said about Wii-U in favor of the comments that paint a negative picture. We could pull up multiple comments by Shin'en but since they're so "obviously Nintendo-biased" it wouldn't matter. Nintendo has done their part to give a ton of support to indies, from free Wii-U Unity Pro to direct access to upload their content to the eShop, but don't expect every single dev to run to every platform they can digitally publish on especially when it doesn't have a large audience right now. 3DS's eShop was barren until it took off, the same will likely happen for Wii-U once devs see it as a financially viable platform. It's simple stuff, but it can't be changed overnight like you expect.

If you're going to make claims like "best console version", then at least post some links(or quotes) from reputable sources comparing all 3 versions of the game like I did earlier in this thread. I'm talking about resolution, framerate, load times, aliasing, etc. If you're talking bugs, then that could be attributed to the amount of people actually playing the wii-u version of the game compared to other platforms. More players = more bug testers = increased likely hood of running across a bug and writing up a nasty post on a random forum. This is pretty basic shit here.

Shin'en only works on or has worked on Nintendo hardware in the past. They know their audience, so it makes sense for them to tout that Wii-U is powerful horn bullshit. You hear the same shit from other devs only working on one console. Shin'en makes shumps, while Watch Dogs being the game that is, is far more taxing on the hardware. I'm going to take the word of a developer working on all 5 consoles vs. 1 more seriously.

12 months =/= overnight I mean, you can't be serious with this post. If devs aren't coming then throw some money at proven indie studios like Sony and MS have been doing. After that they can promote the hell of the game and show other studios just how successful they can be on e-shop.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ChubbyGuy40

@MFDOOM1983 said:

If you're going to make claims like "best console version", then at least post some links(or quotes) from reputable sources comparing all 3 versions of the game like I did earlier in this thread. I'm talking about resolution, framerate, load times, aliasing, etc. If you're talking bugs, then that could be attributed to the amount of people actually playing the wii-u version of the game compared to other platforms. More players = more bug testers = increased likely hood of running across a bug and writing up a nasty post on a random forum. This is pretty basic shit here.

Shin'en only works on or has worked on Nintendo hardware in the past. They know their audience, so it makes sense for them to tout that Wii-U is powerful horn bullshit. You hear the same shit from other devs only working on one console. Shin'en makes shumps, while Watch Dogs being the game that is, is far more taxing on the hardware. I'm going to take the word of a developer working on all 5 consoles vs. 1 more seriously.

Link

Based on the OT the following things could be surmised about this version:

• Best framerate on consoles. They all have some frame drops but Wii U seems to have the least. Overall it seems to be Wii U > 360 >>>>>>>>>>>PS3 in this regard.
  • No screentearing on Wii U.
  • Better lighting on Wii U compared to PS3/360.
  • All versions have glitches, including game breaking bugs but Wii U has less glitches than 360, PS3, or even PC with apparently no game breakers present. Including being able to actually do the Burnley tower correctly.
  • Plus Off TV Play.
  • Plus Map on the GamePad.
  • Plus Achievements Posting on Miiverse.
  • Minus Multiplayer.
  • $10 less.

Overall, of the 4 versions, it seems like Wii U may be the best version while PS3 is definitely the worst for now.

Shin'en's main work is on Nintendo platforms, but they also do music and audio middleware for handhelds. And as usual, typical fanboy nonsense about discrediting sources close to Nintendo because of some bias even though Shin'en backs up their claims with their games. They make shumps, platformers, and racers. FAST Neo was just announced the other day for Wii-U and is slated for 2014, and they're also working on a second Wii-U title. Their new engine is ready and being used for both games, so I can't wait to see what they pull off. Ubisoft already said Watch Dogs looks better on Wii-U than PS3/360, but it's not as good as PS4/PC. Yeah, take the word of the guy managing a team working on 5 platforms and 2 games at the same time and doesn't get to sit down with them personally instead of the people that do. Typical fanboy BS indeed.

(Fun fact: Watch Dogs's technical lead jumped ship a few weeks ago to join an indie team working on a 60FPS TPS for 3DS called Ironfall.)

Yeah 12 months is a lot of time, and the 3DS didn't excel in it's first year either which the Wii-U is still on. After SM3DL and MK7 came out, sales exploded and their digital business expanded greatly. Nintendo is betting on the same thing being done for Wii-U, which is unfortunately because it's so damn risky.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@TheKazfather said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

Well at least its on par if not better than the last gen console versions.

kinda sad considering its supposed to be a next gen console :lol::lol::lol:

You're right lol

Man it did feel good playing COD and other games in 1080p on it though

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

Link

Based on the OT the following things could be surmised about this version:

• Best framerate on consoles. They all have some frame drops but Wii U seems to have the least. Overall it seems to be Wii U > 360 >>>>>>>>>>>PS3 in this regard.
  • No screentearing on Wii U.
  • Better lighting on Wii U compared to PS3/360.
  • All versions have glitches, including game breaking bugs but Wii U has less glitches than 360, PS3, or even PC with apparently no game breakers present. Including being able to actually do the Burnley tower correctly.
  • Plus Off TV Play.
  • Plus Map on the GamePad.
  • Plus Achievements Posting on Miiverse.
  • Minus Multiplayer.
  • $10 less.

Overall, of the 4 versions, it seems like Wii U may be the best version while PS3 is definitely the worst for now.

Shin'en's main work is on Nintendo platforms, but they also do music and audio middleware for handhelds. And as usual, typical fanboy nonsense about discrediting sources close to Nintendo because of some bias even though Shin'en backs up their claims with their games. They make shumps, platformers, and racers. FAST Neo was just announced the other day for Wii-U and is slated for 2014, and they're also working on a second Wii-U title. Their new engine is ready and being used for both games, so I can't wait to see what they pull off. Ubisoft already said Watch Dogs looks better on Wii-U than PS3/360, but it's not as good as PS4/PC. Yeah, take the word of the guy managing a team working on 5 platforms and 2 games at the same time and doesn't get to sit down with them personally instead of the people that do. Typical fanboy BS indeed.

(Fun fact: Watch Dogs's technical lead jumped ship a few weeks ago to join an indie team working on a 60FPS TPS for 3DS called Ironfall.)

Yeah 12 months is a lot of time, and the 3DS didn't excel in it's first year either which the Wii-U is still on. After SM3DL and MK7 came out, sales exploded and their digital business expanded greatly. Nintendo is betting on the same thing being done for Wii-U, which is unfortunately because it's so damn risky.

The 3DS had a huge first year. It sold about 17 million after a year, compared to the Wii U which will be about 4 million.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1203.pdf

In NA alone, it sold 4.5 million in the first year, outpacing the DS's first year of 2.3 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/03/06/a-year-later-3ds-sales-make-it-an-unqualified-success/

By the way, it was already close to 7 million world wide just 7 months after the Japan release, a couple of months before SM3DL and MK7 came out.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Looks great, not gonna lie.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ChubbyGuy40

@tubbyc said:

The 3DS had a huge first year. It sold about 17 million after a year, compared to the Wii U which will be about 4 million.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1203.pdf

In NA alone, it sold 4.5 million in the first year, outpacing the DS's first year of 2.3 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/03/06/a-year-later-3ds-sales-make-it-an-unqualified-success/

By the way, it was already close to 7 million world wide just 7 months after the Japan release, a couple of months before SM3DL and MK7 came out.

I worded that wrong. I was actually talking about the games that were available. There wasn't a damn game worth buying the system for (OoT 3D is debatable) until SM3DL and MK7. It really didn't take off until then, but that counted as it's first year still. What I'm trying to say is that once 3D Mario is on the system, it's gonna start selling and getting attention.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TheKingIAm

@ChubbyGuy40: The wii ewww version of AC looks better just like sometimes the 360 has slightly better looking multiplats. It's not because its more powerful

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MFDOOM1983

@ChubbyGuy40: Please excuse my ignorance, but who is tdlink outside of being a Neogaf poster? Does he/she work at website that gives technical analysis on games or is he just an avg. joe that likes to buy 4 versions of the same game.

You didn't sway my opinion about Shin'en being a trust worthy source on wii-u's power compared to other consoles. They still only work on Nintendo platforms, so of course they have a stake in how well they wii-u does since their entire brand is built on Nintendo hardware. And with that being said, their games don't even begin to come close to what watch dogs is doing on a technical level. Leads leaving during the development of a games production is nothing nw. Especially one that has been in production for 4-5 years, and to be honest, it's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Good trivia knowledge, I guess.

3DS and Wii-U aren't even in comparable situations, so why bother bringing it up? From the level of competition in both markets to the importance of Japanese game development in the handheld space. Wii-U is in an entirely different situation, as evident by Nintendo's inability to turn things around. 2D mario sales>>>>>>>>>>3D mario sales Nsmb Wii sold close to 3x as many units as both galaxy games combined. If Nsmb U failed to get people on the bandwagon then why would a 3d mario title? Wii-U is competing with lower priced consoles with a huge library and big recent releases on one front, and two behemoths that have the entire core console audience's attention on the other. There's no room for Wii-U to compete. Especially not at its current price point.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MFDOOM1983

@nini200 said:

@TheKazfather said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

You're right lol

880x720 native resolution

Credit Digital Foundry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

Too much misinformation swirling around about Wii-U's alleged native "1080p" games.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

AC4 certainly looks gorgeous on the Wii U. I just got it today and the game's visuals and performance are absolutely stunning!

I really LOVE being able to move the HUD onto the Gamepad, clearing up all the UI clutter so that you get a full/clean view of the game's environments. It's a very nice touch by Ubisoft.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheKingIAm

@Micropixel: You must have only owned a wii last gen

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

@TheKingIAm said:

@Micropixel: You must have only owned a wii last gen

I own all 3 systems... and nearly every legacy system ever put out minus the Vectrex, Phillips CD, Neo Geo and the 3DO. I've been gaming since the late 70's.

So no, you're incorrect.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80  Edited By super600
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

Credit Watch Dog Dev

12 months =/= overnight I mean, you can't be serious with this post. If devs aren't coming then throw some money at proven indie studios like Sony and MS have been doing. After that they can promote the hell of the game and show other studios just how successful they can be on e-shop.

Shin'en has looked at the hardware inside the 360 and maybe the PS3 before. They build engines and etc that other companies could use for their 360/PS3 games sometimes.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 nini200

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@TheKazfather said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

You're right lol

Credit Digital Foundry

Too much misinformation swirling around about Wii-U's alleged native "1080p" games.

Oh how this is overlooked by so many : )

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MFDOOM1983

@nini200 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@TheKazfather said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

You're right lol

Credit Digital Foundry

Oh, I thought you were talking about games you played on wii-u. No, wait, I'm sure that's what you actually said. Going by the games provided in your link; you could have only have played 3 games running at 1080p. Then you factor in that one is also is running at 1080p on 360 and ps3, and the other two are reworked old games from 1 or 2 gens ago. PS3 has a handful of hd ports running at 1080p, too, so I'm not really seeing anything that differentiates it from last gen consoles. At least, in regards to the games currently out.

Edit: PS4 looks to have more 1080p games in its first 6 months of release than Wii-U will have in two years.

• KillZone: Shadow Fall = 1920x1080 (MP=60fps, SP=30fps)
  • Infamous: Second Son = 1920x1080
  • DriveClub = 1920x1080 (Targeting 60fps)
  • Resogun = 1920x1080 (60fps)
  • Knack = 1920x1080 (Variable - 30-60fps)
  • Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag = 1920x1080
  • Thief = 1920x1080
  • Blacklight: Retribution = 1920x1080
  • Warframe = 1920x1080
  • Call of Duty: GHOSTS = 1920x1080 (60fps)
  • Flower = 1920x1080 (60fps)
  • FIFA = 1920x1080
  • DC: Universe Online = 1920x1080 (60fps)
  • NBA 2K14 = 1920x1080 (60fps)

Versus

• Rayman
  • Mario Kart
  • SSB
  • Windwaker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Bayonetta 2

But you never how things will turn out once the pixel counters get to these games.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By nini200

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@TheKazfather said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

You're right lol

Credit Digital Foundry

Oh, I thought you were talking about games you played on wii-u. No, wait, I'm sure that's what you actually said. Going by the games provided in your link; you could have only have played 3 games running at 1080p. Then you factor in that one is also is running at 1080p on 360 and ps3, and the other two are reworked old games from 1 or 2 gens ago. PS3 has a handful of hd ports running at 1080p, too, so I'm not really seeing anything that differentiates it from last gen consoles. At least, in regards to the games currently out.

Edit: PS4 looks to have more 1080p games in its first 6 months of release than Wii-U will have in two years.

• Thief = 1920x1080
  • Warframe = 1920x1080
  • FIFA = 1920x1080

Versus

• Rayman
  • Mario Kart
  • SSB
  • Windwaker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Bayonetta 2

But you never how things will turn out once the pixel counters get to these games.

All of that you provided and stated in your post is moot because I provided factual evidence as to games that are at 1080p on WiiU which X1 (a Next Gen Console) seems to not be able to do for some reason, which is what my comment was about because the original poster felt the need to make it seem like the WiiU is not a next gen console when it has the ability that one of the next gen consoles does not have at least not at the moment.

Why do you feel the need to debate about WiiU actually being able to run games at 1080p? It can and already is, X1 can't or isn't, just leave it at that.

I do agree however about the pixel counters though

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MFDOOM1983

@nini200 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@TheKazfather said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

You're right lol

Credit Digital Foundry

• Thief = 1920x1080
  • Warframe = 1920x1080
  • FIFA = 1920x1080

Versus

• Rayman
  • Mario Kart
  • SSB
  • Windwaker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Bayonetta 2

All of that you provided and stated in your post is moot because I provided factual evidence as to games that are at 1080p on WiiU which X1 (a Next Gen Console) seems to not be able to do for some reason, which is what my comment was about because the original poster felt the need to make it seem like the WiiU is not a next gen console when it has the ability that one of the next gen consoles does not have at least not at the moment.

Why do you feel the need to debate about WiiU actually being able to run games at 1080p? It can and already is, X1 can't or isn't, just leave it at that.

I want to say that this is the second time I've seen you equate resolution to graphical capability. Monster Hunster Tri running at 1080p doesn't even begin to compare to BF4 running on XB1 or PS4 at their respective resolutions from a graphical standpoint. There's no debate about Wii-U being able to run games at 1080p. I even brought games that were currently released running natively at that resolution on Wii-U. Stating that Wii-U has a handful of games running at 1080p doesn't invalidate the person's point about Wii-u trading blows with 7 to 8 year old consoles. PS3 and 360 both have games running at 1080p. Hell, Rayman legends is running at 1080p on all 3 platforms.

What good is 1080p when the games in question look no better than 360 or ps3 titles?

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#85 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Will we be able to play this is the WiiU kiddy gimmicky tablet controller? I'll get this on the inferior wiiu if we can play it on the tablet, might as well put my inferior wiiu to get used.

I didn't buy the wiiu, it was a gift from a friend btw.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#86  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I really don't like how most sites have excluded WiiU in their game comparisons.

I mean I can understand that no copy for a system means no footage, but the blatant rejection of the WiiU in Gaming Media is outstanding.

Couldn't agree more. Really tired of it being excluded from all things "next-gen," in particular. The system doesn't need to have a significant jump in visuals to be part of the next-gen system wars -- I don't recall Wii ever getting the boot in those roundups or comparisons?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Couldn't agree more. Really tired of it being excluded from all things "next-gen," in particular. The system doesn't need to have a significant jump in visuals to be part of the next-gen system wars -- I don't recall Wii ever getting the boot in those roundups or comparisons?

The Wii really didn't have any multiplats to include in comparisons. It doesn't really bother me that much because it's not like I'm going to get any version but the PC version of a multiplat, anyway.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ChubbyGuy40

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@ChubbyGuy40: Please excuse my ignorance, but who is tdlink outside of being a Neogaf poster? Does he/she work at website that gives technical analysis on games or is he just an avg. joe that likes to buy 4 versions of the same game.

You didn't sway my opinion about Shin'en being a trust worthy source on wii-u's power compared to other consoles. They still only work on Nintendo platforms, so of course they have a stake in how well they wii-u does since their entire brand is built on Nintendo hardware. And with that being said, their games don't even begin to come close to what watch dogs is doing on a technical level.

3DS and Wii-U aren't even in comparable situations, so why bother bringing it up? From the level of competition in both markets to the importance of Japanese game development in the handheld space. Wii-U is in an entirely different situation, as evident by Nintendo's inability to turn things around. 2D mario sales>>>>>>>>>>3D mario sales Nsmb Wii sold close to 3x as many units as both galaxy games combined. If Nsmb U failed to get people on the bandwagon then why would a 3d mario title? Wii-U is competing with lower priced consoles with a huge library and big recent releases on one front, and two behemoths that have the entire core console audience's attention on the other. There's no room for Wii-U to compete. Especially not at its current price point.

There's no excuse when all that guy did was summarize what players are experiencing and reporting in that thread, but you didn't even bother to read that. We don't need Digital Foundry to confirm that one bug exists in one game but not the other.

Maybe FAST Neo will convince you then, but I'm pretty sure that it won't. By your logic we can't trust what any first party developer says about the platforms they work on. Guess all that talk Guerrilla Games has said about the PS3 and PS4 is a bunch of lies. Still don't understand why you brought up Watch Dogs. Sounds like you have nothing else to say. Wii-U version will look better than last gen, but not up to what's being done on PS4/XB1/PC, which is to be expected. Why trust what Ubisoft says though? Their entire core brand is built on PS3/360. Your logic stinks.

Both had botched launch windows, both had a price cut, both had negative opinions surrounding it until it gets games. Nintendo was just able to turn the 3DS around faster than Wii-U. Traditional 3D Mario games do sell less than the NSMB series. Hell, NSMBU is owned by more than half of the current Wii-U audience (2 million sold, 3.91 million consoles.) Yet SM3DL is has sold a lot more than NSMB2. Nintendo is betting on 3D Mario again to turn their console around. Those lower-priced, last gen consoles are fading out. Next holiday the only games you'll see on store shelves for them are old stock and ports of multiplats trying to milk the last of those sales.

You are aware that devs need to put time and resources into making it better right? Because it seems like you're completely unaware of that. At the moment is there no need to because the audience isn't large enough to support the decision to make that effort. That is why they "trade blows."

@MFDOOM1983 said:

What good is 1080p when the games in question look no better than 360 or ps3 titles?

It's 1080p so it looks better than 720p (or sometimes even lower,) and since it's on Wii-U it probably has no screentearing and off-TV play.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I'm sure all 50 people that buy this version will be thrilled.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

At this point, ANY game should look great to the sheep ...

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By 2Chalupas

@nini200 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@nini200 said:

@TheKazfather said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

You're right lol

Credit Digital Foundry

• Thief = 1920x1080
  • Warframe = 1920x1080
  • FIFA = 1920x1080

Versus

• Rayman
  • Mario Kart
  • SSB
  • Windwaker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Bayonetta 2

Nobody is saying Wii-U "cant do 1080p". Even last gen consoles could do 1080p at times - for less taxing games (or PS2 era ports). That seems to be the plane of existance that Wii-U will be operating in.

However for you to imply the Wii-U has some sort of edge on the Xbox One is comical. Try doing an apples to apples comparison. Is Battlefield 1080p on Wii-U? Oops. Is CoD Ghosts going to be 1080p on Wii-U? Nope. Ryse? The only games coming up short of 1080p on Xbox One, are either not on Wii-U at all... or will be substantially worse on Wii-U.

BTW there are XBO games at 1080p, I believe Forza 5 has been confirmed 1080p/60fps. That being said, there is a clear gap between PS4 and XBO. However I suspect the gap between Wii-U and XBO is still fairly large in the XBO's favor.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 2Chalupas

After watching the video, I can only assume any Wii-U owners actually excited over this have never previously had PS3/360 or PC for gaming.

It basicaly looks like Assassin's Creed has always looked - except with Pirates (actually with the island environment and water, it looks alot like Tomb Raider on 360). I'm sure it will continue to become more polished than the PS3/360 versions, framerate will be smoothed out. But this still has the look of a current gen game.

I don't expect the PS4/XBO to be a huge leap forward either. Basically all versions are being built on a current gen engine, and still serving the lowest common denominator of PS3/360/Wii-U.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MFDOOM1983

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

You didn't sway my opinion about Shin'en being a trust worthy source on wii-u's power compared to other consoles. They still only work on Nintendo platforms, so of course they have a stake in how well they wii-u does since their entire brand is built on Nintendo hardware. And with that being said, their games don't even begin to come close to what watch dogs is doing on a technical level.

There's no excuse when all that guy did was summarize what players are experiencing and reporting in that thread, but you didn't even bother to read that. We don't need Digital Foundry to confirm that one bug exists in one game but not the other.

Maybe FAST Neo will convince you then, but I'm pretty sure that it won't. By your logic we can't trust what any first party developer says about the platforms they work on. Guess all that talk Guerrilla Games has said about the PS3 and PS4 is a bunch of lies. Still don't understand why you brought up Watch Dogs. Sounds like you have nothing else to say. Wii-U version will look better than last gen, but not up to what's being done on PS4/XB1/PC, which is to be expected. Why trust what Ubisoft says though? Their entire core brand is built on PS3/360. Your logic stinks.

Both had botched launch windows, both had a price cut, both had negative opinions surrounding it until it gets games. Nintendo was just able to turn the 3DS around faster than Wii-U. Traditional 3D Mario games do sell less than the NSMB series. Hell, NSMBU is owned by more than half of the current Wii-U audience (2 million sold, 3.91 million consoles.) Yet SM3DL is has sold a lot more than NSMB2. Nintendo is betting on 3D Mario again to turn their console around. Those lower-priced, last gen consoles are fading out. Next holiday the only games you'll see on store shelves for them are old stock and ports of multiplats trying to milk the last of those sales.

You are aware that devs need to put time and resources into making it better right? Because it seems like you're completely unaware of that. At the moment is there no need to because the audience isn't large enough to support the decision to make that effort. That is why they "trade blows."

@MFDOOM1983 said:

It's 1080p so it looks better than 720p (or sometimes even lower,) and since it's on Wii-U it probably has no screentearing and off-TV play.

I value digital foundry's and certain people in games media opinions higher on these matters than a couple of forum posters I don't know. Posters that have one version of the game with nothing to compare to but other people's opinions. People that lack the equipment or know how needed for technical analysis. I trust people who have their name attached to published work instead of a username. So, no, I don't consider forum posts from somebody I don't know comparable to a quote from a digital foundry article.

I understand it can be hard to keep things straight in these long quote chains, but if you need me to refresh your memory, I will. Someone(might have been you) said that Wii-U was significantly more powerful than the HD twins, so I posted a quote of one of the developers of watchdogs saying that wii-u is between last gen and next gen, but closer to current gen. Hence the 'doesn't said significantly more powerful' statement. You protested and said that a developer who has only made games on Nintendo console begs to differ. Surprising...no, not really.

Yea, the only major publisher giving Wii-U any decent support is suddenly untrustworthy when it comes to statements on wii-u's hardware. But the dev who only makes games on Nintendo platforms is completely unbiased. Yea, they have nothing to benefit from by attempting to place wii-u into a brighter light. Not like this small dev invested any money into the platform.

So you're telling me 3d land, which released 9 months prior to NSMB2 and had two holiday sales periods to one managed to outsell it? If you avg. out the sales by the number of months each title has been on the market for, then you'd see that NSMB2 is outpacing 3D land. 428k vs. 345k per month to

Historically speaking 2d marios have had longer legs at retail, too

These teams have already spent additional resources creating and incorporating new graphical effects into the pc and next gen versions of multiplats. If they aren't present, then Wii-U not being about to handle them would be the logical assumption, right?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ChubbyGuy40

@MFDOOM1983 said:

I value digital foundry's and certain people in games media opinions higher on these matters than a couple of forum posters I don't know. Posters that have one version of the game with nothing to compare to but other people's opinions. People that lack the equipment or know how needed for technical analysis. I trust people who have their name attached to published work instead of a username. So, no, I don't consider forum posts from somebody I don't know comparable to a quote from a digital foundry article.

I understand it can be hard to keep things straight in these long quote chains, but if you need me to refresh your memory, I will. Someone(might have been you) said that Wii-U was significantly more powerful than the HD twins, so I posted a quote of one of the developers of watchdogs saying that wii-u is between last gen and next gen, but closer to current gen. Hence the 'doesn't said significantly more powerful' statement. You protested and said that a developer who has only made games on Nintendo console begs to differ. Surprising...no, not really.

Yea, the only major publisher giving Wii-U any decent support is suddenly untrustworthy when it comes to statements on wii-u's hardware. But the dev who only makes games on Nintendo platforms is completely unbiased. Yea, they have nothing to benefit from by attempting to place wii-u into a brighter light. Not like this small dev invested any money into the platform.

So you're telling me 3d land, which released 9 months prior to NSMB2 and had two holiday sales periods to one managed to outsell it? If you avg. out the sales by the number of months each title has been on the market for, then you'd see that NSMB2 is outpacing 3D land. 428k vs. 345k per month to

Historically speaking 2d marios have had longer legs at retail, too

These teams have already spent additional resources creating and incorporating new graphical effects into the pc and next gen versions of multiplats. If they aren't present, then Wii-U not being about to handle them would be the logical assumption, right?

Or you could stop refusing to acknowledge the bonuses the Wii-U version of Arkham Origins has over other versions.

The developer who spends on their time on one platform knows more than a multiplat developer. That's not a surprise. They don't claim it to be PS4 level but it is a leap above current. Not sure why that's so difficult for you to accept. Oh wait, it's because you refuse to think there can be anything good about Wii-U since your attitude is always negative towards it.

Activision and WB Games is quite active on Wii-U as well, but one developer under Ubisoft doesn't speak for them as a whole.

If it had the selling power of previous titles, it would've caught up by now. 3D Land has pretty good selling power as well.

3D Land isn't like the previous 3D titles.

The only logical assumption is that developers/publishers don't see the financial benefit of putting extra work beyond Gamepad features on their multiplats at the moment. It's not some sort of crazy conspiracy or inferior hardware. It's a simple business decision. The teams doing the PC and Wii-U versions could be totally separate teams.t

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#95  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

This place is the home of exaggerations. It DOES look better than what ive seen on my buddy's PS3, but "well beyond"? No.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheKingIAm

@ChubbyGuy40: It's a GC to wii leap, maybe even less

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ChubbyGuy40

@TheKingIAm said:

@ChubbyGuy40: It's a GC to wii leap, maybe even less

That's an overclocked difference. The power gap between PS3/360 and Wii-U is larger than that.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheKingIAm

@ChubbyGuy40: How so? The wii eww cpu is weaker, the ram is slower, and the gpu is a mixed bag at this point. According to the folks at Beyond3d, the gpu is only 160 gflops which is significantly less than the ps3 and 360, tho it's probably more efficient than those two, it's still pathetic for a next gen console. My phone is 128 gflops for comparison

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

no need getting a Wii U for it if one has an Xbox 360 or PS3, or plans on getting an X1 or PS4, even the PS4 version looks like the Xbox 360 version and if it can run on the Xbox 360 then it can certainly run on the Wii U with that being built like a last gen console

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MFDOOM1983

@ChubbyGuy40:

The original quote

Credit Watch Dog Dev

You - " Why trust what Ubisoft says though?"

You go on to say - "but one developer under Ubisoft doesn't speak for them as a whole."

I neither implied(check the credit) or said this dev working on Watch Dogs represented Ubisoft, you did.