As times past, how do you rank all the Uncharted games now?

• 67 results
VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

1/2/4 > 3. I loved 1, the setting, graphics and gameplay were all great, and Nathan was a great character. The second game was all that plus even better combat and action, one of the best games last gen. UC4 was a near perfect send off for the series, my only complaint is the action was so spot on I wanted more.

3 I enjoyed a lot, but it was just missing something the others had, I can't put my finger on it.

I bought the Nathan Drake Collection for the ps4, gotta replay them soon. This thread is making me itch for some Uncharted. Its gonna be hard for ND to out do Uncharted next gen.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

i have only played 1, the demo for 2 and golden abyss. not for me really. i just really don't like the combat in them. the enemies are bullet spunges, there is a lot of combat and its just not satisfying at all. my favourite bit of them is actually the start, a bit of platforming and exploring cool looking places. then the combat kicks in and it's just bleh.

as games to show off what the PS3, vita and 4 can do technically they are very good. but as games to play i just don't like them.

i just wrapped up rise of the tomb raider and it has the same problem: the combat is pants. however i prefer that series because there is much less of a focus on it, enemies go down quickly and combat is over quickly. its more focused on the platforming, the exploring and so on (though as a platformer its rough). now if they could just kill off the QTEs completely that would be nice.

but yeah: i got more enjoyment out of watching all the cutscenes for the uncharted games on youtube than playing them to be honest.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
@osan0 said:

i have only played 1, the demo for 2 and golden abyss. not for me really. i just really don't like the combat in them. the enemies are bullet spunges, there is a lot of combat and its just not satisfying at all. my favourite bit of them is actually the start, a bit of platforming and exploring cool looking places. then the combat kicks in and it's just bleh.

They are bullet sponges for balancing reasons. Headshots kills most enemies in one shot. Also look for magnums, desert eagle, shotguns, sniper rifles etc. The normal weapons (pistol + ak etc) need to be a bit spongy in order to promote headshots and give the special weapons a more powerful feel. But I admit it can be a bit annoying in the beginning.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@osan0 said:

They are bullet sponges for balancing reasons. Headshots kills most enemies in one shot. Also look for magnums, desert eagle, shotguns, sniper rifles etc. The normal weapons (pistol + ak etc) need to be a bit spongy in order to promote headshots and give the special weapons a more powerful feel. But I admit it can be a bit annoying in the beginning.

Making the enemies bullet sponge make sense, you are supposed to aim for the heads, shooting the limbs will only make them struggle for a bit but I personally didn't think they are all fully sponge. You are supposed to aim for the heads after all.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

@davillain-: @Sushiglutton: oh i get that. but i just didnt find it enjoyable. for a game that has a heavy focus on combat (from what i played) if that element is not entertaining me then its not good. i just found it to be a case of slogging through it to get to the next cutscene (which are well done has to be said).

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Got the Uncharted collection with my PS4

Played Uncharted, thought it was OK, couldn't work out why it's so revered

Played Uncharted 2, actually I forced myself through it, really not impressed

Started playing Uncharted 3, stopped after about 3 hours and never went back to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

@Vatusus: Did you know a cow played Crackdown 3 just so he could shit all over it on these forums? True story isn't that right @BenjaminBanklin.

He will run in here and say he got it on Gamepass, (yes a cow signed up for it) now that's about as pathetic as it gets lol.

It was all of the idiots that kept saying, "YOU NEVER PLAYED THE GAME SHUT UP" that prompted me to do it. That's your damn faults for defending trash because you have Xbox Stockholm Syndrome from being force fed tired and broken games and claiming they're the best. LOL! What's funny is, most of these lems and their alts didn't even play it! That's BEEEYYYYOND sad.

Ah so us lems made you do it huh. This has just proven how weak your character actually is that you can be goaded into buying a game that lems said was fun for them.

We all know you're a sad individual, that to take this place that seriously to this point is actually scary. You should seek help.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

For me is 2, 4, Lost Legacy, 3 and 1

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

It was all of the idiots that kept saying, "YOU NEVER PLAYED THE GAME SHUT UP" that prompted me to do it. That's your damn faults for defending trash because you have Xbox Stockholm Syndrome from being force fed tired and broken games and claiming they're the best. LOL! What's funny is, most of these lems and their alts didn't even play it! That's BEEEYYYYOND sad.

Ah so us lems made you do it huh. This has just proven how weak your character actually is that you can be goaded into buying a game that lems said was fun for them.

We all know you're a sad individual, that to take this place that seriously to this point is actually scary. You should seek help.

To play Crackdown 3 you have to be weak in character, huh? Why didn't you keep that same energy when those shitty reviews came out? You morons doubled down and said everyone else was wrong about the game. You assholes didn't even play it OR buy it when it was said and done. Which proves above and beyond again, that Xbox guys are frauds through and through, and are just anti-Sony and don't really like the games on their console because they know the content is SHIT. You stay exposed all the time. I played the game for you and told you how bad it was. You're fucking welcome you bunch of charlatans. ?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

First one was alright, had to force myself to finish the second one.

Didn't play anymore after that.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Only played 1 through 4.

2>4>3>1

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I haven’t played them all. But for me Uncharted 2; uncharted 1, 4, 3 then Golden Abyss.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Lost Legacy

All were great games.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

LL

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#65 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@davillain-:

1. Uncharted 4

2. Uncharted: Lost Legacy

3. Uncharted 2

4. Uncharted 3

5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

6. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@davillain-:

1. Uncharted 4

2. Uncharted: Lost Legacy

3. Uncharted 2

4. Uncharted 3

5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

6. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I'm surprise you like UC4 more so then anyone else here so far. Interesting :)

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#67 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@davillain-:

Uncharted 4 is when the gameplay was at its best. It is THE best way to enjoy Uncharted's awesomeness. And....it's everything I always wanted Tomb Raider to be in terms of combat. So there's some envy in there. Being able to enjoy a 2nd time around Lost Legacy was a no brainer. And Chloe was pretty fun to play with.