As I said before, discrete CPUs and GPUs are on life support, GTF IN HERE NOW!!! Nvidia is the one in grave danger.....

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

The cows and fake hermits went crazy because I made a very logical and absolutely correct statement. As it turns out, my prediction was 100% right. I said AMD was in the unique position to create an APU with a Ryzen CPU and Vega GPU that can rival discrete cards in which case those 'gaming' APUs will take over because they are smaller and fit in laptops or small form factor PCs. Intel and Nvidia are in grave danger I said due to the foreseeable death of discrete CPUs and GPUs. And Intel can't compete with the AMD APU because they can't make a GPU that competes. Nvidia can't compete with an AMD APU because they can't make a CPU to compete.

AMDs new Ryzen/Vega APU initially is not targeting the enthusiast game market. I thought eventually AMD would develop a powerful APU and with that take over. As it turns out, Intel got scared, realized the situation they were in and partnered with AMD to create a powerful APU with an Intel CPU and AMD GPU. They are initially making the chips for gaming laptops which makes perfect sense. Intel is way ahead of AMD in CPU power efficiency which is of paramount importance in the laptop space. The future IMHO will have Intel and AMD developing a high end enthusiast level desktop APU that will take over the PC market and eventually kill discrete CPUs and GPUs.

I was right, those who argued with me and insulted me have been owned to beyond repair. They were clowning me as if I didn't know what I was talking about now their entire PC building world will transform on them. The cows will have to upgrade their imaginary PCs as well. Click on the link below.

Intel's mobile chips will match discrete GPU performance without the discrete GPU size.

In a bid to build better chips for gamers and other PC enthusiasts, Intel has announced the 8th-generation H-series mobile processors will have a feature that's nothing short of astonishing: they'll integrate AMD GPUs.

For the 8th generation, that's going to change. The chip package will contain multiple pieces of silicon: an Intel CPU, a custom-built AMD Radeon GPU, and stacked second-generation High Bandwidth Memory (HBM2). Connecting the GPU and its memory is Intel's new "Embedded Multi-Die Interconnect Bridge" (EMIB), a high-speed, short-range interconnect that Intel has designed to join different chips within a single package. Intel says that EMIB enables the creation of faster, thinner packages, enabling the multi-chip module to fit into slimline laptop form factors.

The announcement is, of course, a little surprising. Intel and AMD have long been rivals, competing head to head across most of the processor market. This kind of collaboration and tight integration is new for both companies. But it also makes sense for them.

To offer the graphical performance that gamers want, those H-series chips are often paired with a mobile Nvidia GPU of some kind. With embedded AMD graphics, there's no longer any need to do that. Not only should the embedded AMD GPU offer performance that's in the same ballpark as a discrete GPU, it should also do so in a way that enables slimmer, more power-efficient systems.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/11/intel-will-ship-processors-with-integrated-amd-graphics-and-memory/

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46182 Posts

PCs are dead

Laptopsmobiles Tablets are the future

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Click to learn more!

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts
*Snorts internally*
*Snorts internally*

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

APU's are a long, long way from being a threat to discrete GPU's. Even AMD's best discrete GPU cannot compete with Nvidia's best, let alone anything they put on an APU.

By the way Intel partnering with AMD for APU's in not a new thing, it's been in the works for a few years now.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

So twice TC has said that discrete GPUs are on life support, but he was just talking about investing $500 into a new discrete GPU...

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xplode_games

@drlostrib said:

So twice TC has said that discrete GPUs are on life support, but he was just talking about investing $500 into a new discrete GPU...

You have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xplode_games

@GarGx1 said:

APU's are a long, long way from being a threat to discrete GPU's. Even AMD's best discrete GPU cannot compete with Nvidia's best, let alone anything they put on an APU.

By the way Intel partnering with AMD for APU's in not a new thing, it's been in the works for a few years now.

The announcement is, of course, a little surprising. Intel and AMD have long been rivals, competing head to head across most of the processor market. This kind of collaboration and tight integration is new for both companies. But it also makes sense for them.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrLostRib

@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

seems pretty clear that's what you said

As I said before, discrete CPUs and GPUs are on life support

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xplode_games

@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

Look, I can't help you keep up. Ask someone else on the forum to explain all of this to you. I simply don't have the time.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib

@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

Look, I can't help you keep up. Ask someone else on the forum to explain all of this to you. I simply don't have the time.

That is what you said, right?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GarGx1

@Xplode_games: A few years was an over estimate (I couldn't remember where I'd seen it) but the first rumblings came around a year ago. Source

As I said it's not new.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xplode_games

@GarGx1 said:

@Xplode_games: A few years was an over estimate (I couldn't remember where I'd seen it) but the first rumblings came around a year ago. Source

As I said it's not new.

That source is to a rumor about it. It's brand new and now becoming a reality not just a rumor or possibility.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xplode_games

@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

You don't understand, I don't write threads for you. You don't like to read anything longer than a couple of lines and even when you do read, you never understand what you're reading. I don't mean that you don't agree with it which would be fine, you don't even understand it. Again, I don't write threads for you and I don't have time to hold your hand and explain everything to you. Read it over and over again if you're having so much trouble and trying asking another poster on this forum to help you out.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xplode_games

@GarGx1 said:

As I said it's not new.

It's brand new. How do rumors from a year ago about it maybe happening equal to it's nothing new and has happened already?

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

I spend more time on my tablet and phone than using my pc or console. I just want a tablet windows with mx150 (maybe surface pro 2018??) to play my steam games on. Im in love with tablets with keyboards (loving the ipad pro 10.5 + smart keyboard) and jusr want powerful windows 10 tablets

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrLostRib

@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:

You don't understand, I don't write threads for you. You don't like to read anything longer than a couple of lines and even when you do read, you never understand what you're reading. I don't mean that you don't agree with it which would be fine, you don't even understand it. Again, I don't write threads for you and I don't have time to hold your hand and explain everything to you. Read it over and over again if you're having so much trouble and trying asking another poster on this forum to help you out.

Why are you interested in putting money into something you have twice claimed to be on life support? You seem to be the one confused

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

The cows and fake hermits went crazy because I made a very logical and absolutely correct statement. As it turns out, my prediction was 100% right. I said AMD was in the unique position to create an APU with a Ryzen CPU and Vega GPU that can rival discrete cards in which case those 'gaming' APUs will take over because they are smaller and fit in laptops or small form factor PCs. Intel and Nvidia are in grave danger I said due to the foreseeable death of discrete CPUs and GPUs. And Intel can't compete with the AMD APU because they can't make a GPU that competes. Nvidia can't compete with an AMD APU because they can't make a CPU to compete.

AMDs new Ryzen/Vega APU initially is not targeting the enthusiast game market. I thought eventually AMD would develop a powerful APU and with that take over. As it turns out, Intel got scared, realized the situation they were in and partnered with AMD to create a powerful APU with an Intel CPU and AMD GPU. They are initially making the chips for gaming laptops which makes perfect sense. Intel is way ahead of AMD in CPU power efficiency which is of paramount importance in the laptop space. The future IMHO will have Intel and AMD developing a high end enthusiast level desktop APU that will take over the PC market and eventually kill discrete CPUs and GPUs.

I was right, those who argued with me and insulted me have been owned to beyond repair. They were clowning me as if I didn't know what I was talking about now their entire PC building world will transform on them. The cows will have to upgrade their imaginary PCs as well. Click on the link below.

Intel's mobile chips will match discrete GPU performance without the discrete GPU size.

In a bid to build better chips for gamers and other PC enthusiasts, Intel has announced the 8th-generation H-series mobile processors will have a feature that's nothing short of astonishing: they'll integrate AMD GPUs.

For the 8th generation, that's going to change. The chip package will contain multiple pieces of silicon: an Intel CPU, a custom-built AMD Radeon GPU, and stacked second-generation High Bandwidth Memory (HBM2). Connecting the GPU and its memory is Intel's new "Embedded Multi-Die Interconnect Bridge" (EMIB), a high-speed, short-range interconnect that Intel has designed to join different chips within a single package. Intel says that EMIB enables the creation of faster, thinner packages, enabling the multi-chip module to fit into slimline laptop form factors.

To offer the graphical performance that gamers want, those H-series chips are often paired with a mobile Nvidia GPU of some kind. With embedded AMD graphics, there's no longer any need to do that. Not only should the embedded AMD GPU offer performance that's in the same ballpark as a discrete GPU, it should also do so in a way that enables slimmer, more power-efficient systems.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/11/intel-will-ship-processors-with-integrated-amd-graphics-and-memory/

Nobody likes you.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GarGx1

@Xplode_games said:
@GarGx1 said:

As I said it's not new.

It's brand new. How do rumors from a year ago about it maybe happening equal to it's nothing new and has happened already?

Doesn't change anything, all the recent announcements do are formalise what has been expected for sometime now.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xplode_games

@GarGx1 said:
@Xplode_games said:
@GarGx1 said:

As I said it's not new.

Doesn't change anything, all the recent announcements do are formalise what has been expected for sometime now.

This formalizes the long running expectation of Intel and AMD getting together to develop a powerful gaming APU that will over time replace the discrete CPU and GPU?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xplode_games

@Jebus213 said:
@Xplode_games said:

Nobody likes you.

I think you're wrong. I'm sure the cows and fake hermits absolutely adore me.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xplode_games

@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

Why are you interested in putting money into something you have twice claimed to be on life support? You seem to be the one confused

What are you asking here? Are you really that dense? Intel and AMD are getting together to build a gaming APU. It's first application is laptops, eventually they may develop a desktop APU that could replace discrete CPUs and GPUs.

After hearing the news am I supposed to throw my big tower PC into the trash? Do you expect me to wait for those APUs so that I can put them in my monster case? What would be the point? The point is sleek, tiny, PCs that fit in small spaces and offer a great deal of power. That's why the APU will replace the discrete CPU/GPU. If having things a huge size was better then it would be the other way around.

You keep asking the dumbest questions. I'm seriously going to ignore you from now on if this keeps up.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts
Loading Video...

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

No. No no no no NO. It's not us who has a reading comprehension problem. It's you who has a communication deficiency. You fail at delivering concise argumentation and more importantly, consistent and logical context, where you defend your statements with explanations that completely contradicts your own written word. You act as though you're bringing some sort of revelation and when refuted on it, your only defense is "you just don't understand what I'm saying."

The irony being that your attempts to defend your OP shows how you don't even understand what you said.... and think you can deflect this illiteracy on the rest of us, from some misguided self affirmation of how infallible your argument structure is, that the only outcome is that, "nobody understands." But if you really were so good at forming an argument, not only could it be understood without too much explanation, you could support it against any and all rebuttals. So don't blame the audience for your poorly formulated your message, or your inability to defend it.

All the while your entire premise (such as it is) resting on an article you interpret to validate your faulty presupposition.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrLostRib

@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:

What are you asking here? Are you really that dense? Intel and AMD are getting together to build a gaming APU. It's first application is laptops, eventually they may develop a desktop APU that could replace discrete CPUs and GPUs.

After hearing the news am I supposed to throw my big tower PC into the trash? Do you expect me to wait for those APUs so that I can put them in my monster case? What would be the point? The point is sleek, tiny, PCs that fit in small spaces and offer a great deal of power. That's why the APU will replace the discrete CPU/GPU. If having things a huge size was better then it would be the other way around.

You keep asking the dumbest questions. I'm seriously going to ignore you from now on if this keeps up.

discrete CPUs and GPUs are on life support

^so is this not true?

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Yay.... Since Raven Ridge was SOOOOOO awesome for gaming, right? Just as you foresaw? Give me a break. It will match LOW END LAPTOP discrete GPUs at best.

This is the WORST case of confirmation bias I have ever seen.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xplode_games

@AdobeArtist said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

No. No no no no NO. It's not us who has a reading comprehension problem. It's you who has a communication deficiency. You fail at delivering concise argumentation and more importantly, consistent and logical context, where you defend your statements with explanations that completely contradicts your own written word. You act as though you're bringing some sort of revelation and when refuted on it, your only defense is "you just don't understand what I'm saying."

The irony being that your attempts to defend your OP shows how you don't even understand what you said.... and think you can deflect this illiteracy on the rest of us, from some misguided self affirmation of how infallible your argument structure is, that the only outcome is that, "nobody understands." But if you really were so good at forming an argument, not only could it be understood without too much explanation, you could support it against any and all rebuttals. So don't blame the audience for your poorly formulated your message, or your inability to defend it.

All the while your entire premise (such as it is) resting on an article you interpret to validate your faulty presupposition.

I didn't say no one understood what I was saying. I said specifically he didn't understand it. In any event, he is obviously playing dumb as I am sure you are fully aware of.

Now, what did I say that contradicts or shows in any way that I don't understand my own argument? I am pretty sure I understand it very well.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

ProtossRush(X)plode_games .............. are neck and neck for terrible threads!

On topic.........Oh great, so I have to upgrade both at the same time and can't alternate? sound stupid to me.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrLostRib

@Xplode_games said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

I didn't say no one understood what I was saying. I said specifically he didn't understand it. In any event, he is obviously playing dumb as I am sure you are fully aware of.

They're your words

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#31 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17792 Posts

@Xplode_games:

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@Xplode_games: Nvidia is not going to be going away and these chips will be sold at a premium. Most likely these are for apples MacBook pros. Nvidia’s discrete GPUs will always Best an APU. Heck Vega Discrete cards plus AMD or Intel desktop CPUs will always be better than APUs.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

lol.... unless they decide to create an cpu+gpu with equal performance to high end discrete cpu's and gpu's being able to power and properly cool them..... APU's with equivalent performance is a pipe dream until we start advancing in using new materials..... like graphene. As long as they are making cpu+gpu combos tdp and size limits how fast they can be.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

To the OP, I have one word for why you are wrong.

Volta.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
Loading Video...

A single stack HBM v2 (uncompressed 242 GB/s to 256 GB/s per HBM v2 stack, similar to RX-580) with AMD's semi-custom discrete GPU IP and Intel's 8th Core IP. Support for HBM v2 comes with Vega IP.

Goal: Powerful 2-in-1 tablet PC and ultrabooks with proper PC gaming capability.

Laptop PCs has more than 50 percent of the PC market and Intel is about to address the fleet mobile PC's gaming capability.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

AMD based SOC's will never be as powerful as a discrete GPU...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ronvalencia

@airraidjet said:

To the OP, I have one word for why you are wrong.

Volta.

Based on GV100 and minus tensor math chips, Volta is just 12 nm FinFET Pascal with rapid pack math FP16. AMD has it's own 12 nm FinFET refresh.

Both Vega and Volta has tile L2 cache rendering, Feature Level 12_1 and rapid pack math FP16.

Focus on GCN 5.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:

Intel+AMD SoC has discrete GPU and on-chip single HBM v2 stack. 2-in-1 tablets/ultrabooks are growth areas for Windows based PCs.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:

Intel+AMD SoC has discrete GPU and on-chip HBM v2 stack.

And? They'll still never compete with discrete hardware...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:

"Discrete GPU" means a GPU with discrete video memory. Intel/AMD SoC has on-chip single stack HBM v2 video memory.

Intel is addressing the fleet mobile and OEM desktop PC issues with Windows Store Xbox PlayAnywhere games and general 3D capability. Intel is the official hardware partner for Chinese Tencent's Windows based game console.

Notice Intel's new SoC is targeting game console's compact form factor in addition to 2-in-1 tablet/ultra books. Intel/AMD's new SoC is designed for smaller form factors and reduce manufacturing cost.

If the fleet PC kicks in with GPU with discrete video memory, there's very little reason for Xbox One S's existence i.e. one of the main reasons for Xbox's existence is Intel not addressing GPU with discrete video memory problem which forced MS to roll their own GPU bias game console. Intel's distribution channels are far larger than than both AMD and NVIDIA.

Intel and AMD has officially teamed up to address fleet PC's GPU problem.

https://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake-g-series-integrated-radeon-gpus-first-benchmarks-specifications/

Intel/AMD's new SOC has single stack 4GB HBM v2 VRAM and 24 CU GCN at ~1.2 Ghz (engineering release, ~3.7 TFLOPS). PS4 Pro has 4.2 TFLOPS.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

95w from the cpu and 200w+from the gpu, man this killer apu is gonna be hooooooooooottt. Incoming air coolers with 180mm fans, hope you can still fit some ram under this beast lol.

Seriously though this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard/read?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xplode_games

@BassMan said:

@Xplode_games:

I like that movie. "Once upon a time in the West" with Charles Bronson. You should check it out if you haven't done so already.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I thought there was a rule on here against starting new threads to spam the same bullshit constantly. Fortunately for you the mods seem to have left the building.

If only you'd follow them...

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Xplode_games

@blueinheaven said:

I thought there was a rule on here against starting new threads to spam the same bullshit constantly. Fortunately for you the mods seem to have left the building.

If only you'd follow them...

What are you so angry about? Don't you find this to be an interesting topic? Isn't this what you do in your spare time to enjoy yourself? What are you so angry about? Because I'm making a bold prediction that you don't agree with? Why does that anger you so much?

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Just saw this a few hours ago.

Maybe we'll see next gen with decent CPU and AMD's GPU? WIN (intel) + small win (AMD)?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Xplode_games: Predicting that better APUs were on the way isn't exactly bold lol. Ron has been harping on it for at least a year.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:

"Discrete GPU" means a GPU with discrete video memory. Intel/AMD SoC has on-chip single stack HBM v2 video memory.

Intel is addressing the fleet mobile and OEM desktop PC issues with Windows Store Xbox PlayAnywhere games and general 3D capability. Intel is the official hardware partner for Chinese Tencent's Windows based game console.

Notice Intel's new SoC is targeting game console's compact form factor in addition to 2-in-1 tablet/ultra books. Intel/AMD's new SoC is designed for smaller form factors and reduce manufacturing cost.

If the fleet PC kicks in with GPU with discrete video memory, there's very little reason for Xbox One S's existence i.e. one of the main reasons for Xbox's existence is Intel not addressing GPU with discrete video memory problem which forced MS to roll their own GPU bias game console. Intel's distribution channels are far larger than than both AMD and NVIDIA.

Intel and AMD has officially teamed up to address fleet PC's GPU problem.

https://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake-g-series-integrated-radeon-gpus-first-benchmarks-specifications/

Intel/AMD's new SOC has single stack 4GB HBM v2 VRAM and 24 CU GCN at ~1.2 Ghz (engineering release, ~3.7 TFLOPS). PS4 Pro has 4.2 TFLOPS.

And? I don't give a shit about any of that marketing crap......

And 'discrete' GPU does not mean separate memory you moron.... AMD Fury X GPU is classed as a 'discrete' GPU and that uses HBM.... Vega is also classed as a 'discrete' GPU.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xplode_games

@appariti0n said:

@Xplode_games: Predicting that better APUs were on the way isn't exactly bold lol. Ron has been harping on it for at least a year.

Well then even less reason for him to get so mad about it.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

Maybe? Kinda?

I feel INTEL is nipping the bud of AMD's growth by partnering with them. They've seen unusual growth of AMD lately. Might as well make a deal and get something before AMD spirals into a bigger success with their own APUs thus potentially bigger Intel competitor. No I'm not saying AMD would ever beat Intel in marketshare anytime soon but it may be in Intel's best interest to hamper their growth in an subtle way.

I hope this works more for AMD and not get an Apple and PowerVR scenario where Apple (intel) would dive kick Power VR (AMD) once Intel/Apple gets enough info/sources from the partnership.

@topic title:

Not anytime soon I think. I'm fairly confident there'll still be a market for desktop's modularity of separate CPU, GPU and RAM but I wouldn't be surprised if it kept shrinking in #of parts shipped (not necessarily profits) over the decades.