As hardcore gamers, we should all be vehemently against exclusive games

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@ryu8000 said:

ill spank u in street fighter bitch flawless hit me up if u wanna try me pussy donaldtrump90007

Oh, I'll put down my work to do this right now, are you on?

Set up a lounge, FT5, and PM me the pass when you're ready.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ConanTheStoner

Dude, that CFN ID doesn't even exist lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ConanTheStoner

Ah, so you're banned again. Anyways, when you create your next account, and if you really want to throw down on some SFV, send me a PM.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#104 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@Pedro: I only have access to the site via mobile right now, so I can't address your posts in the way I want to. But there are some points that need to be made.

1 - There are exclusive apple and android apps and games, so you cannot use them as examples.

2 - There are exclusives among PC stores like Steam, Windows and Origin. There are even exclusives between Vive and Oculus. Certain PC games have features that only work on a certain brands GPUs. What about people that buy Macs? Don't run Windows?

3 - Your Hulu and Netflix example even further proves my point. Hulu and Netflix fund shows and buy exclusives in order to appeal to consumers.

4 - Do you remember the format Wars of the past? Betamax vs VHS? Even Bluray vs HD-DVD? There were movies that were exclusive to each format. It wasn't until a "winner" was declared that we got all movies on all formats.

Without exclusive deals, some games would have never been made. And if console makers weren't trying to set their hardware apart through software, would they have funded these games?

"Entitled" gamers seem to think that because they bought a box, they should be able to play everything. Nothing in the real world works that way.

1. I can use Apple and Android. The absolute vast majority of apps and games are for both systems. Its insanely rare for any popular app to be exclusive for either system. The main reason being that porting code from one system to the next is stupid easy.

2. No that is not exclusives. ALL of the mention services are available on the PC. NO PC gamers is locked out because they don't have a specific brand of hardware. So this point is factually incorrect. Vive and Oculus started exclusivity but gamers complained and the exclusivity has been reduced and circumventing it has been made more accessible. This is mainly due to the nature of PC gaming being not hardware locked. Macs can run Windows so that tosses your last point out the window.

3. Again Hulu and Netflix are NOT locked to hardware. You can practically access any of these services on any web enabled device.

4. Formats != to Hardware locks or hardware exclusive software.

Seems like you were missing the point being presented. The issue is not exclusive services but locking software to hardware. Exclusive services and games can be still achieved without hardware barriers as with Hulu and Netflix. Thats the point. Thats the future of entertainment.

@dakur said:

So let me get this straight Pedro. First you complain about consumers having to buy mutliple consoles to play games but then you claim that you're going to buy the only console in the market that adds nothing to your game library (considering you already have a PC and PS4 as you mentioned).

Are you dumb?

I am sorry that you are angry that I can purchase said systems or get said systems at no cost. But my argument is that gamers purchasing multiple systems to play games IS NOT CONSUMER friendly. Your blind bias and fanboy drivel is unable to think beyond certain concepts. I don't understand that blinded dedicated fanboy point of view because its stupid. But you subscribe to such nonsense for reals. There is one thing to have fun with the system wars banter but when you are foolish enough to believe it then are too far gone.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ConanTheStoner
@kenshi9000 said:

waterpark63

No such user name on CFN.

I don't even mind your shtick, but I figured you were really down for some games, which is a bummer. :(

Later.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#107 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Exclusives make each platform to be more unique. All 3 big companies especially Nintendo needs them. PCs can get them too.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@Pedro: lol you talk about not taking SW seriously and there you go having such a meltdown that you're even making moddable offences. Stay calm son just because i showed how you owned yourself doesn't mean you need to lose your mind, I understand that you're having a mental and emotional breakdown since everyone is showing how ridiculous your argument is but still...

Anyways you just wrote a bunch of blah blah blah which said nothing about the issue, like is typical with you. Being stupid is definitely not consumer friendly but I can't help you fix it sorry, you'll have to deal with it yourself.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Ouya 4 teh win!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@skektek said:
@SecretPolice said:

Yepperzz, MS doing us right, say it with me... Thank you based MS, for the gamers, by the gamers, buy once and play anywhere and all that jazz. :P

Are you really that dense or are you just towing the line? You are still playing titles that are exclusive to a platform.

Herpity derpity derp...; Buy Gears 4 Once, play on X1, PC win10 devices, can you do that with UC4? Didn't think so. Now, go away kid, ya bother me.... lolol :P

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#112  Edited By skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@skektek said:
@SecretPolice said:

Yepperzz, MS doing us right, say it with me... Thank you based MS, for the gamers, by the gamers, buy once and play anywhere and all that jazz. :P

Are you really that dense or are you just towing the line? You are still playing titles that are exclusive to a platform.

Herpity derpity derp...; Buy Gears 4 Once, play on X1, PC win10 devices, can you do that with UC4? Didn't think so. Now, go away kid, ya bother me.... lolol :P

Gears 4 is an exclusive to MS systems, which is no more or less healthy than any other type of exclusivity.

If ignorance is bliss you must be a wonderfully happy person, and good for you!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#113 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Wow this thread has gone down the tubes.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#114 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

As hardcore gamers

Wrong board.

I was thinking the same thing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@skektek said:
@SecretPolice said:
@skektek said:
@SecretPolice said:

Gears 4 is an exclusive to MS systems, which is no more or less healthy than any other type of exclusivity.

If ignorance is bliss you must be a wonderfully happy person, and good for you!

Saweeeetness, Win10 Exclusives are the Realz baby, you all Herd it here first. Freking MS killin Sony in Exclusives these dayzzz :D

Just playin a lil so don't get....

lol :P

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I only agree in the sense that "paid exclusives" are silly. Tomb Raider XB1 was one of the oddest most pointless exclusives ever, and I guess you could say that about SFV. These are games that should just have been multiplat. The only reason they werent' is that the publishers got paid off explicitly.

Nothing wrong with great 1st party games, or 2nd party games that the Sony/MS pay for, or some of the more nichey games that just choose to be exclusive to PC/PS4/XB1 for market reasons. There is no doubting it is cheaper to develop for 1 platform, but at the same time, it's probably cheaper than ever to be multi-platform.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#117 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I disagree

This^

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

OP I totally see your point. Competition in a free enterprise economy makes no sense. Let's have one company make one console. While we're at it let's all go to the dealership and only have one car to pick from. The purpose is to drive right who cares about the other options?

Let's only have one builder for houses. Who need options? two car garages and no game room for anybody!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

Everyone wants to play every game on one device... But everyone is afraid of what that will mean down the road.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

@Xplode_games: Welp, you own an Xbox, they solved that problem for you. Thanks, MS. The Windows store is still shit, but at least I can play those games on PC.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Ummm. No. I happen to like PC exclusives, especially in the flight sim genre.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#123 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Ummm. No. I happen to like PC exclusives, especially in the flight sim genre.

You are responding to a ten-month old thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#124  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I agree but it's understandable why companies want to have exclusives.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#128 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

No exclusives = no consoles = pc only.

And before someone talks about price/comfort - cheap builds with controller/tv setups can be made easily enough.

As for competition - there would still be competition - WHERE IT MATTERS - in the game department.

Different companies would make better and better games pushing existing hardware technology further and further. It'd be great! :)

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

That's stupid.

And anyone who agrees would NOT be a hard core gamer because they'd realize that the highly polished AAA exclusives that exist would have never been made without being pushed to compete against other systems...AAA exclusives.

All you would be left with are all the crappy generic multiplatform games that already currently exist on every system MINUS the AAA exclusives that seem to make people jealous on here.

It's clear there are a lot of silly non-hard core gamers posting in this thread.

Hawkeye44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#130 Hawkeye44
Member since 2017 • 237 Posts

**** no

The reason why PS exclusives look out of this world today is because they can focus on one platform and maximize its potential. The graphics will take a hit if they habe to focus on the x1/pc version.

Sony invested time and money in building these studios and creating these IPs, why would they put their most valuable assets on other platforms?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I love exclusives.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Can a mod please lock this 10 month old thread?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By tgob89

@thereal25 said:

indeed, and what dose the PC currently lack?

You guess it! AAA exclusive games that console have.

Now ask yourself this question:

Why doesn't PC have the kind of AAA GOTY caliber exclusives that consoles seem to pump out every year within the PC development community?

When you realize that, you'll understand why what you're suggesting is dumb.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@thereal25 said:

Why doesn't PC have the kind of AAA GOTY caliber exclusives that consoles seem to pump out every year within the PC development community?

^ lol posting this in the same year Divinity: original Sin 2, a PC exclusive, got a 10 xD

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

But then how else will everyone have a dick measuring contest on why their console is better?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

TC is nothing more then a salty lemming who's now resorted to trying to make exclusives look bad and thus making Xbone's lack them seem to not be a problem.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@youramoron618: Nice necro, flaming, fanboying, etc... How you made the account just to defend your precious piece of plastic, a greedy corporation that cares nothing of you, and a crappy game series by telling someone to kill himself was real classy.

You'll either have a swift ban or fit right into System Wars!

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I agree with the OP: Exclusives are idiotic marketing polys.

Soon as I hear something is being advertised as an 'exclusive' I drop intrest immediately.

ok well...that and I know its for a console

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By tgob89

@ArchoNils2 said:
@tgob89 said:
@thereal25 said:

^ lol posting this in the same year Divinity: original Sin 2, a PC exclusive, got a 10 xD

But, that's an indie game isn't it?

The last time PC had a major blockbuster AAA caliber exclusive that could compete with AAA console exclusives for being the best game on any system was a decade ago. It was a little game called CRYSIS!

And you know what? That massively hyped and overly promoted PC exclusive still lost to a console exclusive in the GOTY awards, lol the same as the PC indie AAAA exclusive DOS2 will lose to a console exclusive this year.

Not sure what you're gloating about the 10 on PC for. Consoles get them every other year or so and it's great that PC finally gets one, like when PC finally got a real AAA exclusive in Crysis 10 years ago, but it's nothing consoles don't see on the regular.

This is the difference between PC and console in standards and quality. PC's most hyped games are unfinished beta projects for cash. The quality control for PC's *best games are honestly shit compared to AAA console exclusives.

Highly polished games like consoles have are the exception on PC not the rule; that's why there hasn't been another blockbuster AAA exclusive on PC since Crysis 10 years ago (you guys are waiting on dev hell paid beta Star Citizen to release in 2020 for your next one) and DOS2 getting a 10/10 is the first one PC managed to get.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#141 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

@tgob89 said:

That's stupid.

And anyone who agrees would NOT be a hard core gamer because they'd realize that the highly polished AAA exclusives that exist would have never been made without being pushed to compete against other systems...AAA exclusives.

All you would be left with are all the crappy generic multiplatform games that already currently exist on every system MINUS the AAA exclusives that seem to make people jealous on here.

It's clear there are a lot of silly non-hard core gamers posting in this thread.

I heard games compete with games not other hardware. **GASP**

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#142 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

@youramoron618: Do not bump old threads