ARPG Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Avatar image for Gatygun
Gatygun

1853

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1853 Posts

Basically a bit of diablo and path of exile. seems to go for like ~35 bucks here so nice pricing. No pay to win nonsense with it also.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts

First good PC exclusive of the year it seems, but Dreams is getting all the attention.

There is already a thread on this one though. Sorry bro!

Avatar image for cloud_man
Cloud_Man

24

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 24 Posts

Definitely getting this. Looked interesting since day one.

Avatar image for Xabiss
Xabiss

3177

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 3177 Posts

Already bought and it is a damn excellent game. I hope a lot of people buy it because they deserve to reap the rewards of a damn good game and at that price it is a steal!

Avatar image for Gatygun
Gatygun

1853

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1853 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

First good PC exclusive of the year it seems, but Dreams is getting all the attention.

There is already a thread on this one though. Sorry bro!

Sorry mate, the only thing dream does is feed there PR shills like game outlets that get paid indirectly with free hardware/games/press attantency's and straight up payments through adds.

Dreams is pretty much non existent. It's a waste of cash and time and honestly after little big planet those duds should probably realize that by now. Game makers are nothing new, we have 1000's of them on PC and nobody cares.

And if you want a real game maker that even made dreams itself u need a PC anyway so there's that.

Hell even warcraft 3 had a game maker included in it, they are billions has it etc etc.

Also who the hell wants to make games with a joystick lamo, and can't even sell it. It's laughable at best.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

37622

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37622 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

First good PC exclusive of the year it seems, but Dreams is getting all the attention.

There is already a thread on this one though. Sorry bro!

The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners is boss, one of the best survival games player since, come to think of it all the others I've played suck.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

40531

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40531 Posts

Now, this is a game worth sinking more time into. Getting this ASAP.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45657 Posts

@cloud_man said:

Definitely getting this. Looked interesting since day one.

I've been playing it for the better part of 2 years or so, it's been fun seeing how it's developed. I really enjoyed it in early access, and I love Diablo 2 and Torchlight and Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.

I think if you have even a moderate like of isometric action-RPGs you should consider it.

Plus it's an independent game, always nice to support studios that strike out on their own and make something enjoyable.

Avatar image for RpgGamer23q
RpgGamer23q

274

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#9 RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts

Release Trailer

Loading Video...

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts

@uninspiredcup: 2020 looks like an amazing year for PC and VR gamers!

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

25276

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25276 Posts

Been waiting for this game to come out. Looks pretty dope. Gonna have to see if my friends are interested.

Avatar image for djoffer
djoffer

1701

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts

Played it for a bit and if the devs solve their server issues ( played offline) it’s actually quite enjoyable! So high anyone who are in the need of an ARPG fix and are tired of diablo and Poe should definitely give it a go!

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

10742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10742 Posts
@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

First good PC exclusive of the year it seems, but Dreams is getting all the attention.

There is already a thread on this one though. Sorry bro!

Sorry mate, the only thing dream does is feed there PR shills like game outlets that get paid indirectly with free hardware/games/press attantency's and straight up payments through adds.

Dreams is pretty much non existent. It's a waste of cash and time and honestly after little big planet those duds should probably realize that by now. Game makers are nothing new, we have 1000's of them on PC and nobody cares.

And if you want a real game maker that even made dreams itself u need a PC anyway so there's that.

Hell even warcraft 3 had a game maker included in it, they are billions has it etc etc.

Also who the hell wants to make games with a joystick lamo, and can't even sell it. It's laughable at best.

Dreams is a Playstation first party exclusive so of course PR are gonna shill for it more especially over an indie PC isometric RPG from no name developers. Sucks though since Wolcen isn't even obscure it is currently the 10th most played game on Steam with a peak of 62,385 concurrent players and a top seller.

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup: 2020 looks like an amazing year for PC and VR gamers!

Yeah Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord finally hits early access next month.

Avatar image for Gatygun
Gatygun

1853

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1853 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

First good PC exclusive of the year it seems, but Dreams is getting all the attention.

There is already a thread on this one though. Sorry bro!

Sorry mate, the only thing dream does is feed there PR shills like game outlets that get paid indirectly with free hardware/games/press attantency's and straight up payments through adds.

Dreams is pretty much non existent. It's a waste of cash and time and honestly after little big planet those duds should probably realize that by now. Game makers are nothing new, we have 1000's of them on PC and nobody cares.

And if you want a real game maker that even made dreams itself u need a PC anyway so there's that.

Hell even warcraft 3 had a game maker included in it, they are billions has it etc etc.

Also who the hell wants to make games with a joystick lamo, and can't even sell it. It's laughable at best.

Dreams is a Playstation first party exclusive so of course PR are gonna shill for it more especially over an indie PC isometric RPG from no name developers. Sucks though since Wolcen isn't even obscure it is currently the 10th most played game on Steam with a peak of 62,385 concurrent players and a top seller.

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup: 2020 looks like an amazing year for PC and VR gamers!

Yeah Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord finally hits early access next month.

It's sad to see that people only focus on what there favorite outlet reports or get circle jerk awards given towards them that mean nothing.

Honestly PC has so much good games and they are of such high quality but completely and utterly ignored by any media because it doesn't fit there pay grade.

Wolcen, billions, anno, warcraft 3 ( even while its a dud of a remaster ), turkov or whatever its called are extreme high quality games. Yet the only thing these people talk about are some shitty game maker that honestly if it released on PC it wouldn't even been looked at but because it has a PS4 logo its the best thing ever.

Oh well i will be playing this when the online issue's are resolved.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts

@Gatygun said:

It's sad to see that people only focus on what there favorite outlet reports or get circle jerk awards given towards them that mean nothing.

Honestly PC has so much good games and they are of such high quality but completely and utterly ignored by any media because it doesn't fit there pay grade.

Wolcen, billions, anno, warcraft 3 ( even while its a dud of a remaster ), turkov or whatever its called are extreme high quality games. Yet the only thing these people talk about are some shitty game maker that honestly if it released on PC it wouldn't even been looked at but because it has a PS4 logo its the best thing ever.

Oh well i will be playing this when the online issue's are resolved.

I've been reading a TON on the criticism of Warcraft 3 reforged.

And honestly most of the criticism have been going towards:

- not redoing the cutscnes

- not redoing the voice acting

- not remaking the campaign missions to be more in line with WOW

Personally though, I haven't played a single minute of WOW, so I couldn't care less about them not touching the campaign. I just wanted a graphical remake of the original Warcraft III and that was exactly what was delivered.

I do understand criticisms for being misled, and for expecting a better quality product from Blizzard.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62148

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#16 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62148 Posts

I've seen this before somewhere.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I've seen this before somewhere.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

37622

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#18 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37622 Posts

75k concurrent players.

It's a hit.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45657 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I've seen this before somewhere.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

Ancient China?

"Weapons on chains" are not exactly a new concept.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

10742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10742 Posts
@Gatygun said:

It's sad to see that people only focus on what there favorite outlet reports or get circle jerk awards given towards them that mean nothing.

Honestly PC has so much good games and they are of such high quality but completely and utterly ignored by any media because it doesn't fit there pay grade.

Wolcen, billions, anno, warcraft 3 ( even while its a dud of a remaster ), turkov or whatever its called are extreme high quality games. Yet the only thing these people talk about are some shitty game maker that honestly if it released on PC it wouldn't even been looked at but because it has a PS4 logo its the best thing ever.

Oh well i will be playing this when the online issue's are resolved.

Wolcen went up to be the 6th most played game on Steam with 95,805 concurrent and peak players earlier today. Funny you mention Escape From Tarkov because recent updates to the game has made it an experience that has it stand out among other survival and battle royale type games which boosted its popularity among players again. But it only trended with journos recently because they were complaining about the game not having playable female characters and didn't like the answer Battlestate gave for the reason why.

Avatar image for Icarian
Icarian

1915

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#21 Icarian
Member since 2004 • 1915 Posts

It's fine. Main issue aside from the server problems is melee. Melee is clunky and it seems that you have to be in right position in relation to an enemy before the character swings his weapon. Using shift gets rid of this issue, but it makes melee feel clunky. So my recommendation is to go with a ranged char.

Didn't enjoy my first start with a melee char, but now using a mage and having a ton of fun.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts
Loading Video...

Here is some gameplay, seems really fun

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts
@Icarian said:

It's fine. Main issue aside from the server problems is melee. Melee is clunky and it seems that you have to be in right position in relation to an enemy before the character swings his weapon. Using shift gets rid of this issue, but it makes melee feel clunky. So my recommendation is to go with a ranged char.

Didn't enjoy my first start with a melee char, but now using a mage and having a ton of fun.

Thankfully the game allows you to switch really easily.

I'll try out the melee system, and if it's really clunky I'll also go for the mage.

Avatar image for cloud_man
Cloud_Man

24

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 24 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@cloud_man said:

Definitely getting this. Looked interesting since day one.

I've been playing it for the better part of 2 years or so, it's been fun seeing how it's developed. I really enjoyed it in early access, and I love Diablo 2 and Torchlight and Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.

I think if you have even a moderate like of isometric action-RPGs you should consider it.

Plus it's an independent game, always nice to support studios that strike out on their own and make something enjoyable.

Of course I love Isometric games as long as they're well made. Doesn't matter if they are turn based cRPGs like Divinity: OS or Diablo and Torchlight like Dungeon Crawlers. Love em. Definitely getting this ASAP. Apart from launch day server issues in multiplayer mode, the game's launch (especially on Single Player side) is being received well.

Avatar image for cloud_man
Cloud_Man

24

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 24 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Gatygun said:

It's sad to see that people only focus on what there favorite outlet reports or get circle jerk awards given towards them that mean nothing.

Honestly PC has so much good games and they are of such high quality but completely and utterly ignored by any media because it doesn't fit there pay grade.

Wolcen, billions, anno, warcraft 3 ( even while its a dud of a remaster ), turkov or whatever its called are extreme high quality games. Yet the only thing these people talk about are some shitty game maker that honestly if it released on PC it wouldn't even been looked at but because it has a PS4 logo its the best thing ever.

Oh well i will be playing this when the online issue's are resolved.

I've been reading a TON on the criticism of Warcraft 3 reforged.

And honestly most of the criticism have been going towards:

- not redoing the cutscnes

- not redoing the voice acting

- not remaking the campaign missions to be more in line with WOW

Personally though, I haven't played a single minute of WOW, so I couldn't care less about them not touching the campaign. I just wanted a graphical remake of the original Warcraft III and that was exactly what was delivered.

I do understand criticisms for being misled, and for expecting a better quality product from Blizzard.

Sad thing is how cutscenes were downgraded since Beta. The WIP version had better presentation than the final product. But I can get over it, however I am hearing reports of it being buggy mess. That is the reason why I haven't bought it yet. I have no doubt that updates will fix most of these issues but right now it's holding me back.

Avatar image for vaeh
Vaeh

691

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 691 Posts

Told ya PC is king of hack and slash games.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62148

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62148 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I've seen this before somewhere.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

ha, nah, someone definitely a god of war fan on staff. That's 100% square square triangle n the blades

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

ha, nah, someone definitely a god of war fan on staff. That's 100% square square triangle n the blades

Sure, but I don't mind if they are stealing from the best.

A lot of platformers have stolen Mario's moves. Like jumping off of a wall.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62148

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#29 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62148 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Sure, but I don't mind if they are stealing from the best.

A lot of platformers have stolen Mario's moves. Like jumping off of a wall.

Didn't say otherwise mate.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#30 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45657 Posts

Has anyone been able to get online? I have not been able to.

Also, can you take your singleplayer characters online? I'm debating whether I want to keep investing time on my offline character, or simply wait until they get their shit in order and then start playing. I want to keep the experience fresh and would prefer to not replay the same stuff.

Avatar image for Gatygun
Gatygun

1853

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1853 Posts

No you cannot take the offline char online, they took online offline for a few days through to many people logging in and crashing the servers. Its fixed now u can join now online perfectly fine.

Problem with offline chars is people can edit the files and cheat really easily. Online they can't.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32566

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#32 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts

@jg4xchamp: You'd better not because otherwise I'd juggle you in the air with my blades of chaos!

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

3008

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3008 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

ha, nah, someone definitely a god of war fan on staff. That's 100% square square triangle n the blades

Sure, but I don't mind if they are stealing from the best.

A lot of platformers have stolen Mario's moves. Like jumping off of a wall.

Did they also stole some moves from DMC?

Avatar image for off3nc3
off3nc3

765

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#34 off3nc3
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

Is the PC community this starved for games that they praise another generic RPG ? Steam users gave it a 6/10 for a reason. Just put your big boy pants on and wait for Diablo IV , everything else is just a mediocre show.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62148

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#35 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62148 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@jg4xchamp: You'd better not because otherwise I'd juggle you in the air with my blades of chaos!

pls, were I to bad mouth the game I'd do it for being a lame ass loot rpg. Certainly not for stealing animations from a game from a fun genre.

See, different.