Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1853 Posts

Basically a bit of diablo and path of exile. seems to go for like ~35 bucks here so nice pricing. No pay to win nonsense with it also.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32566 Posts

First good PC exclusive of the year it seems, but Dreams is getting all the attention.

There is already a thread on this one though. Sorry bro!

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 24 Posts

Definitely getting this. Looked interesting since day one.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 3177 Posts

Already bought and it is a damn excellent game. I hope a lot of people buy it because they deserve to reap the rewards of a damn good game and at that price it is a steal!

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gatygun

@R4gn4r0k said:

First good PC exclusive of the year it seems, but Dreams is getting all the attention.

Sorry mate, the only thing dream does is feed there PR shills like game outlets that get paid indirectly with free hardware/games/press attantency's and straight up payments through adds.

Dreams is pretty much non existent. It's a waste of cash and time and honestly after little big planet those duds should probably realize that by now. Game makers are nothing new, we have 1000's of them on PC and nobody cares.

And if you want a real game maker that even made dreams itself u need a PC anyway so there's that.

Hell even warcraft 3 had a game maker included in it, they are billions has it etc etc.

Also who the hell wants to make games with a joystick lamo, and can't even sell it. It's laughable at best.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37622 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners is boss, one of the best survival games player since, come to think of it all the others I've played suck.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40531 Posts

Now, this is a game worth sinking more time into. Getting this ASAP.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45657 Posts

@cloud_man said:

I've been playing it for the better part of 2 years or so, it's been fun seeing how it's developed. I really enjoyed it in early access, and I love Diablo 2 and Torchlight and Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.

I think if you have even a moderate like of isometric action-RPGs you should consider it.

Plus it's an independent game, always nice to support studios that strike out on their own and make something enjoyable.

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts

Release Trailer

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: 2020 looks like an amazing year for PC and VR gamers!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25276 Posts

Been waiting for this game to come out. Looks pretty dope. Gonna have to see if my friends are interested.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts

Played it for a bit and if the devs solve their server issues ( played offline) it’s actually quite enjoyable! So high anyone who are in the need of an ARPG fix and are tired of diablo and Poe should definitely give it a go!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10742 Posts
@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sorry mate, the only thing dream does is feed there PR shills like game outlets that get paid indirectly with free hardware/games/press attantency's and straight up payments through adds.

Dreams is pretty much non existent. It's a waste of cash and time and honestly after little big planet those duds should probably realize that by now. Game makers are nothing new, we have 1000's of them on PC and nobody cares.

And if you want a real game maker that even made dreams itself u need a PC anyway so there's that.

Hell even warcraft 3 had a game maker included in it, they are billions has it etc etc.

Also who the hell wants to make games with a joystick lamo, and can't even sell it. It's laughable at best.

Dreams is a Playstation first party exclusive so of course PR are gonna shill for it more especially over an indie PC isometric RPG from no name developers. Sucks though since Wolcen isn't even obscure it is currently the 10th most played game on Steam with a peak of 62,385 concurrent players and a top seller.

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord finally hits early access next month.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gatygun

@NoodleFighter said:
@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Dreams is a Playstation first party exclusive so of course PR are gonna shill for it more especially over an indie PC isometric RPG from no name developers. Sucks though since Wolcen isn't even obscure it is currently the 10th most played game on Steam with a peak of 62,385 concurrent players and a top seller.

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord finally hits early access next month.

It's sad to see that people only focus on what there favorite outlet reports or get circle jerk awards given towards them that mean nothing.

Honestly PC has so much good games and they are of such high quality but completely and utterly ignored by any media because it doesn't fit there pay grade.

Wolcen, billions, anno, warcraft 3 ( even while its a dud of a remaster ), turkov or whatever its called are extreme high quality games. Yet the only thing these people talk about are some shitty game maker that honestly if it released on PC it wouldn't even been looked at but because it has a PS4 logo its the best thing ever.

Oh well i will be playing this when the online issue's are resolved.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@Gatygun said:

It's sad to see that people only focus on what there favorite outlet reports or get circle jerk awards given towards them that mean nothing.

Honestly PC has so much good games and they are of such high quality but completely and utterly ignored by any media because it doesn't fit there pay grade.

Wolcen, billions, anno, warcraft 3 ( even while its a dud of a remaster ), turkov or whatever its called are extreme high quality games. Yet the only thing these people talk about are some shitty game maker that honestly if it released on PC it wouldn't even been looked at but because it has a PS4 logo its the best thing ever.

I've been reading a TON on the criticism of Warcraft 3 reforged.

And honestly most of the criticism have been going towards:

- not redoing the cutscnes

- not redoing the voice acting

- not remaking the campaign missions to be more in line with WOW

Personally though, I haven't played a single minute of WOW, so I couldn't care less about them not touching the campaign. I just wanted a graphical remake of the original Warcraft III and that was exactly what was delivered.

I do understand criticisms for being misled, and for expecting a better quality product from Blizzard.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62148 Posts

I've seen this before somewhere.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

@jg4xchamp said:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#18 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37622 Posts

75k concurrent players.

It's a hit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Ancient China?

"Weapons on chains" are not exactly a new concept.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10742 Posts
@Gatygun said:

Wolcen went up to be the 6th most played game on Steam with 95,805 concurrent and peak players earlier today. Funny you mention Escape From Tarkov because recent updates to the game has made it an experience that has it stand out among other survival and battle royale type games which boosted its popularity among players again. But it only trended with journos recently because they were complaining about the game not having playable female characters and didn't like the answer Battlestate gave for the reason why.

Icarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Icarian
Member since 2004 • 1915 Posts

It's fine. Main issue aside from the server problems is melee. Melee is clunky and it seems that you have to be in right position in relation to an enemy before the character swings his weapon. Using shift gets rid of this issue, but it makes melee feel clunky. So my recommendation is to go with a ranged char.

Didn't enjoy my first start with a melee char, but now using a mage and having a ton of fun.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k
Loading Video...

Here is some gameplay, seems really fun

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
@Icarian said:

It's fine. Main issue aside from the server problems is melee. Melee is clunky and it seems that you have to be in right position in relation to an enemy before the character swings his weapon. Using shift gets rid of this issue, but it makes melee feel clunky. So my recommendation is to go with a ranged char.

Didn't enjoy my first start with a melee char, but now using a mage and having a ton of fun.

Thankfully the game allows you to switch really easily.

I'll try out the melee system, and if it's really clunky I'll also go for the mage.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_Man

@mrbojangles25 said:
@cloud_man said:

I've been playing it for the better part of 2 years or so, it's been fun seeing how it's developed. I really enjoyed it in early access, and I love Diablo 2 and Torchlight and Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.

I think if you have even a moderate like of isometric action-RPGs you should consider it.

Plus it's an independent game, always nice to support studios that strike out on their own and make something enjoyable.

Of course I love Isometric games as long as they're well made. Doesn't matter if they are turn based cRPGs like Divinity: OS or Diablo and Torchlight like Dungeon Crawlers. Love em. Definitely getting this ASAP. Apart from launch day server issues in multiplayer mode, the game's launch (especially on Single Player side) is being received well.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cloud_Man
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Gatygun said:

I've been reading a TON on the criticism of Warcraft 3 reforged.

And honestly most of the criticism have been going towards:

- not redoing the cutscnes

- not redoing the voice acting

- not remaking the campaign missions to be more in line with WOW

Personally though, I haven't played a single minute of WOW, so I couldn't care less about them not touching the campaign. I just wanted a graphical remake of the original Warcraft III and that was exactly what was delivered.

I do understand criticisms for being misled, and for expecting a better quality product from Blizzard.

Sad thing is how cutscenes were downgraded since Beta. The WIP version had better presentation than the final product. But I can get over it, however I am hearing reports of it being buggy mess. That is the reason why I haven't bought it yet. I have no doubt that updates will fix most of these issues but right now it's holding me back.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 691 Posts

Told ya PC is king of hack and slash games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

ha, nah, someone definitely a god of war fan on staff. That's 100% square square triangle n the blades

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k

@jg4xchamp said:

ha, nah, someone definitely a god of war fan on staff. That's 100% square square triangle n the blades

Sure, but I don't mind if they are stealing from the best.

A lot of platformers have stolen Mario's moves. Like jumping off of a wall.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jg4xchamp

@R4gn4r0k said:

Didn't say otherwise mate.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrbojangles25

Has anyone been able to get online? I have not been able to.

Also, can you take your singleplayer characters online? I'm debating whether I want to keep investing time on my offline character, or simply wait until they get their shit in order and then start playing. I want to keep the experience fresh and would prefer to not replay the same stuff.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gatygun

No you cannot take the offline char online, they took online offline for a few days through to many people logging in and crashing the servers. Its fixed now u can join now online perfectly fine.

Problem with offline chars is people can edit the files and cheat really easily. Online they can't.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k

@jg4xchamp: You'd better not because otherwise I'd juggle you in the air with my blades of chaos!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3008 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Did they also stole some moves from DMC?

off3nc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 off3nc3
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

Is the PC community this starved for games that they praise another generic RPG ? Steam users gave it a 6/10 for a reason. Just put your big boy pants on and wait for Diablo IV , everything else is just a mediocre show.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jg4xchamp

@R4gn4r0k said:

@jg4xchamp: You'd better not because otherwise I'd juggle you in the air with my blades of chaos!

pls, were I to bad mouth the game I'd do it for being a lame ass loot rpg. Certainly not for stealing animations from a game from a fun genre.

See, different.