Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Eurogamer Review

Well they released all the campaign episodes

OPERATION FLASHPOINT ANYONE?

" Arma 3's campaign is a big, powerful, deeply engrossing thing, but there is one disappointment: its lack of vehicular missions. Since the story focuses on one not particularly interesting character who is ultimately a grunt, there are no tank missions, no helicopter missions and no jet missions. I can understand why, to a point: Arma's vehicles, especially its airborne offering, take time and effort to learn to control. Moreover, in these kinds of games infantry combat tends to be more enjoyable anyway. On the other hand, Flashpoint offered plenty of vehicle engagements during its campaign without any issue, and it's frustrating that, 13 years on, Arma's campaigns still lag behind it in terms of breadth of experience."

"Alongside its story missions, which include the brilliant raid on Stratis described above, Adapt also introduces an open-world component. From your base you can go out on "Patrol" and complete multiple optional objectives, from clearing enemy checkpoints to smoking out a sniper hidden inside a labyrinthine industrial complex, all while collecting weapons, ammo and equipment to use during the main missions - though the clunkiness of Arma's inventory management means this is less enjoyable than it should be. If you want to bring stuff back to base, you need to find a vehicle and load it item-by-item from your own inventory, while before each mission the game defaults to a standard equipment loadout and items you previously had can be lost in this process."

"After the meatiness of Adapt, the final chapter Win feels fleeting by comparison, with only six missions to its name. But they're also the most spectacular, displaying vast, combined-arms battles that cover sweeping areas of Altis. It's strongly reminiscent of the opening of Operation Flashpoint, but with you in control rather than being led by an AI squad leader. In these closing stages you can call in devastating artillery strikes and helicopter assaults, simultaneously demonstrating the sheer destructive power of modern warfare and your own insignificance in the scale of things. Story-wise, it's also the most interesting segment, making unsettling use of its near-future setting and offering a branching conclusion that is fascinating, whichever direction you take."

8 / 10

sorry for the mediocre image quality it appears on the thread lol better off clicking on them

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

I remember playing the first operation flashpoint the missions were some of the best I ever played in a tactical shooter glad they went back to there roots. Best military campaign I played lately really does a better job compare to newer military shooter SP.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheFadeForever

@bloodytides:

Agreed really enjoyed the campaign felt like a throw back of their earlier games. Best campaign I played for a military shooter lately and I been disappointed lately.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BloodyTides

@TheFadeForever said:

@bloodytides:

Agreed really enjoyed the campaign felt like a throw back of their earlier games. Best campaign I played for a military shooter and I been disappointed lately.

No kidding games like Titanfall and BF4 campaigns were really disappointing I don't think they even tried to make it good.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

I only played the first episode so far been hearing the last one is the best

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BloodyTides

Got a feeling this isn't the end of the campaign they will probably expand on it with DLC

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

it has some weird design. All that high tech loot you nick while scouting disappear when you go into a next mission. e.g. The player can have a pair of nigh vision goggles but they disappear in the next mission, which is iat night..

Cold War Rearmed 2: Resistance is much better imo. (free as well).

BTW, blastcore is now released for Arma 3. Great visual enhancement mod.

Loading Video...

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Maybe I'd enjoy it if I could actually get the game to run at a consistent frame rate. Even when I put it on shit settings it still runs at 20-40fps, it's a technical mess.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Is arma 3 less boring than 2 was? A big reason I hated playing the 2nd was because the controls were just so convoluted for just about everything, even when they didn't need to be. The whole setup was just needlessly complex and I found firefights to ammount to little more than going prone and firing short bursts towards the enemies tree line.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17639 Posts

Might pick this up. Some questions to anyone who's played it:

1) The review complains about the inventory interface. I am familiar with II's, and have seen DayZ's much improved system which works great. What does III use? Are they still using the mess that was in II? I could've sworn I saw in an interview that there would be a new interface.

2) I couldn't play II because the squad command system was overly convoluted and a hassle to use, and the AI was generally boneheaded. It was utterly useless under fire. Is there ANY improvement in III or is it exactly the same?

3) Does the game do a good job with tutorials?

4) I have a GTX 670 4 gig, 16 gig RAM, 4Ghz, Win 7. My rig handle this ok? I can run II pretty much at full settings.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheFadeForever

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Is arma 3 less boring than 2 was? A big reason I hated playing the 2nd was because the controls were just so convoluted for just about everything, even when they didn't need to be. The whole setup was just needlessly complex and I found firefights to ammount to little more than going prone and firing short bursts towards the enemies tree line.

Anyone who played both would say the third one is a lot better in the controls and fixes a lot of issue that was plagued in the Arma 2

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Is arma 3 less boring than 2 was?

It's an intellectual game for hardcore pc gamers with adult minds.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Is arma 3 less boring than 2 was?

It's an intellectual game for hardcore pc gamers with adult minds.

Then why would you be interested in it?