Are you willing to pay for any types of mtx or dlc? if so, what kind?

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

I'm generally against mtx but i am willing to purchase dlc if it's content based.

Like new chapters or acts in a game and i may bite (like a real and actual expansion). I will also buy packs for fighting games that give you additional fighters (but never just cosmetics).

I'm willing to do the one-and-done content dlc's but thats about it. I think the rest and majority are a cancer on gaming.

But with these recent trends I am even looking at just what i am willing to pay for and am starting to think i should more UN-willing. Like this shit where the code is already in the base game and you have to pay to unlock it (im looking at you SFIV) is bullshit. And with the recent inundation of dlc's and mtx I am thinking of going no-purchase no matter what and just never buy a game that lives off season passes and mtx, but if i do, what is there to play? (probably just buy the base game or wait for GOTY editions)

What about you?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Meaty expansion packs

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I like the DLC REmake 2 has. Skins and the old music.

Boxes and game money is the thing i would never buy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I don’t mind buying dlc such as extra characters, map packs, game expansions, etc. I don’t buy micro transactions that are just cosmetic in nature or loot boxes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I’ll buy anything that appeals to me. I buy DLC for shooters. I buy Fortnite skins. I buy Rocket League and PUBG keys. What I don’t really do anymore is points/coins for annual games where the progress doesn’t carry over. Madden, NBA, COD all do this and I just ignore it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Expansion pack or (good) mission packs are fine, good, Christian stuff.

Older Borderlands and Bethesda games being good example, until they, well.... you know.

-

Even Ubisoft put out some really good mission packs for Splinter Cell back in the day.

There's a submarine mission (Vselka Submarine) which is better than the submarine mission in Pandora Tomorrow.

Loading Video...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

I buy expansions if I like the base game and its available immidiately but I don't buy small dlc or mtx.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Blood and whine and Hearts of Stone for TW3 was money well spent in my eyes. Spidermans DLC was also pretty good. So something along those lines is ok with me.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

The only DLC I've ever really bought is for the Super Smash Bros. and Dark Souls series.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I buy the dlc for Forza, Storm Island etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I bought rocket league keys and a few of the season pass I stopped doing it though as it was hurting my budget.

I'll buy expansions too ofc for good games.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

Sure I'll buy whatever I want. If I like a game enough and plan to play it for an extended amount of time I have been known to drop some serious cash on games. I don't see the problem with it... it all just comes across as a bunch of butthurt whiny kids who want it but can't afford it. As long as it doesn't give another online player an edge then who cares? As far as DLC goes.. well that's cool too, but it's unlikely I am still playing most games by that point. It's not like I haven't purchased my fair share though... or 12 other people's for that matter.

Gaming is one of the cheapest per hour hobbies/leisure activities out there. I'm that guy who buys my friends that have more financial difficulties games so they can play with me. I have more fun with games when I can play with my online buddies. (However, yes I still do get a lot of single player only games as well). I'm the kind of person the industry as a whole doesn't want to lose and can be seen coming from a mile away, and I'm perfectly fine with that... lol

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I think micro's should be banned. Dlc is okay however.

Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#14 Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

Big and deep content I have no problem with it.

Micro's only in SOME F2P games where they are not forced into you, like it's the case with Warframe (Can't think now on any others, but I guess there should be some out there)

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

This gen I got Killzone SF multiplayer DLC , HZD The Frozen Wilds , Bloodborne The Old Hunters and I enjoyed all of them. I'd like to get the Spider-Man DLC in the future.