Are you trembling with fear knowing that gen consoles will be soon lost in oblivion?

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By MK-Professor

Poll Are you trembling with fear knowing that gen consoles will be soon lost in oblivion? (99 votes)

Yes 25%
No 75%

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-gtx-870-and-gtx-880-available-in-november.html

In a few months Nvidia will launch the new GTX 870 and GTX 880, early 2015 we will see the new monster single GPU from AMD 9 TFlops (10 TFlops+ if you OC, that is just crazy). Even single GPU's from january 2012 are 2 times more powerful than the most powerful next gen console. How to you feel about the next gen consoles becoming even more irrelevant? It is time for the console people to switch to PC gameing?

• 
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I can't play X1 or PS4 exclusives with those cards so no.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

It's about the games.......

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

This is pretty much the main reason I'm not a big PC gamer. I'd include the Wii U in there as well. If all you care about are multiplat games and NO EXCLUSIVES on any game console at all, then stay on the PC.

Yup my PC is for multiplats because usually I will get the best version that way but yeah I buy consoles for the exclusives.

PC rarely has an exclusive that interests me ( I am not a fan of RTS, MMO type games )

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I can see it now. All of the console gamers looking for affordable gaming solutions are going to suddenly drop what they are doing and buy $600+ GPUs to put in their non-existent gaming PCs.

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, the market is big and diverse and there are products that are built for the variety of consumer demands and these GPUs do not appeal to the market that buys consoles.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

This is pretty much the main reason I'm not a big PC gamer. I'd include the Wii U in there as well. If all you care about are multiplat games and NO EXCLUSIVES on any game console at all, then stay on the PC.

Yup my PC is for multiplats because usually I will get the best version that way but yeah I buy consoles for the exclusives.

PC rarely has an exclusive that interests me ( I am not a fan of RTS, MMO type games )

Yeah, I've never been a big fan of the exclusive offerings on PC. I do, however, think steam and the indie devs on PC are second to none.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@clone01 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yeah, I've never been a big fan of the exclusive offerings on PC. I do, however, think steam and the indie devs on PC are second to none.

Big fan of Steam...my Steam library is long.

mwamba1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 mwamba1
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

Will the new GTX 870 and GTX 880 be able to run Uncharted 4 though? If so then yeah I'm scared.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

I'm not sure that the consoles will need a new generation 4 years from now? I mean, if you aren't focusing on graphics anyway.

It feels like this generation will last as long as the previous one. The next generation of consoles will be very interesting. Maybe we will see 3 Wii's.

I dont think that this new gen will last as long as the last gen will because of a few things. One is that these new consoles are not sporting top tier hardware like what the 360 or PS3 had at their release. Fact is that pc's in 2010 were as fast or faster and even with same gpu architecture "GCN" was ahead two years and 2x faster before the PS4 release. Then last gen the companies had to run the generation longer to make up all the losses that took 3+ years after release to start making profit. 4-6 years should the max 7-8 years is too long between gens especially when performance ratio is no where near of what it was in 2005/2006.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Don't know about consoles but I can't wait for 800 series to come out . Lot of people are waiting for those video cards before making an upgrade . Others will upgrade to 700 series because a bit older stuff will become cheaper after the launch of new hardware .

Then it'll be fun to run these games on higher settings .

Unreal Tournament :

The Witcher 3 :

Cyberpunk 2077 :

Star Citizen :

Exciting times ahead .

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@MBirdy88: It's funny how you pretend to 'own cows' with your 'knowledge of tech and things yet you are clueless.

You're just another lem hiding behind the PC. But your not you say? Your Titan smashing a PS4 avatar says differently.

Fact is, character models in Crysis 3 aren't the only thing that's the exact same in both versions. it's ALL the objects on screen LOL.

Same damn game.

A 360 port XD.

Last gen trash confirmed!

"lol for real hermits be that dull" ... who are you exactly? taking up this mantle all of a sudden. ironic.

oh and do I HAVE to keep doing this to you people. Titanfall is still better than anything on PS4 ... as still stand by that, AS A PC GAMER.... I would of changed my avatar long ago, but I really can't be bothered... since it seems to rustle jimmies so easily.

Gee batman, I am totally a lemming.

What the **** are you talking about? LOL. I didn't ask for proof of your ID you insecure numpty. And this conversation is over as it is going nowhere. Thank you very much.

"Your just another lem hiding behind pc" ... more like you lost yet another arguement so your fleeing, like all of you do all the time.

still waiting on @kinectthedots to find PC games with long term jaggies... hes like you too.... makes some inane trollish comments then never backs it up.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 04dcarraher

@Cloud_imperium said:

Don't know about consoles but I can't wait for 800 series to come out . Lot of people are waiting for those video cards before making an upgrade . Others will upgrade to 700 series because a bit older stuff will become cheaper after the launch of new hardware .

I will most likely wait until Maxwell refresh or even Volta since I have 700 series gpu now.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

TC is an idiot.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 inb4uall

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@MBirdy88: It's funny how you pretend to 'own cows' with your 'knowledge of tech and things yet you are clueless.

You're just another lem hiding behind the PC. But your not you say? Your Titan smashing a PS4 avatar says differently.

Fact is, character models in Crysis 3 aren't the only thing that's the exact same in both versions. it's ALL the objects on screen LOL.

Same damn game.

A 360 port XD.

"lol for real hermits be that dull" ... who are you exactly? taking up this mantle all of a sudden. ironic.

oh and do I HAVE to keep doing this to you people. Titanfall is still better than anything on PS4 ... as still stand by that, AS A PC GAMER.... I would of changed my avatar long ago, but I really can't be bothered... since it seems to rustle jimmies so easily.

What the **** are you talking about? LOL. I didn't ask for proof of your ID you insecure numpty. And this conversation is over as it is going nowhere. Thank you very much.

You got freaking owned. LMAO

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@amazonangry said:

All that power just to play games like Terraria? :-\

You do realize most games end up on PC and are better on PC right?

You do realize Star Citizen looks better than anything comming to consoles right? How about Elite:Dangerous, The Forest, DreadNaught, FortNight, Unreal, Ethan Carter....

You got Destiny, which looks worse than PC games from 2012: and it doesn't even run at 60 fps

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10553649_1454380928152884_1791827854340770202_o.jpg

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 inb4uall

@scottpsfan14 said:
@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Same damn game.

A 360 port XD.

If thats your definition of owning (picking out 1 single part of the post), then I don't know what to tell you quite frankly.

No no just that last post. The fact that you were completely wrong. He's not a lem.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I can't play PS4 and Wii U exclusives on pee cee so no.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

1.No, because hermits have to pay huge $$$ to upgrade to own those cards, and the majority of hermits have been shown to be cheap wads

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Graphics card - 3 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

$700 online#5 in NVIDIA Video Cards & Adapters »

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18233008983132948685?q=780+ti+cost&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.Q6Wr7PNt2sw.O&biw=1152&bih=547&tch=1&ech=1&psi=jPnIU_XUFNamyASc54C4Cw.1405680005619.5&ei=wPnIU6LmGomdyASjkoD4Dw&ved=0CKQEEKkrMAA

780 for the card alone still cost around $700...$700!!!

2. No, because they are all still only going be used for playing up rezed console ports.

3. No, consoles still dictate the industry just like consoles did last gen and the biggest and best games will me made to be played optimally on consoles no matter how strong PC port machines are made.

behold the last highly praised and graphically impressive PC game on the most powerful hardware praised by hermits from last gen...compared to consoles.

DealWithIt#

"Bu.. bu.. buh tz a generational leapz abuv consoel verzionz!!1"

LOL for real, hermits be that dumb!

Scott, you do know Kinect is trolling right? Most of his posts are full of lies against PC. The difference of Crysis3 xbox360 and PC on ultra can't really be seen in that pic, and were pretty massive: especially in frames per second.

Look up full direct feed shots of each and open them both to full resolution.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 inb4uall

@scottpsfan14 said:
@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Same damn game.

A 360 port XD.

If thats your definition of owning (picking out 1 single part of the post), then I don't know what to tell you quite frankly.

No no just that last post. The fact that you were completely wrong. He's not a lem.

LOL I know man. It's cray!! How wrong I was. I mean, holy shitballs right??

Totally. I didn't know I could think less of you as a person, yet here we are! LOL!

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#74  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Does the GTX880 play the graphics king of 2015? Uncharted 4. Didn't think so.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 04dcarraher

@KillzoneSnake said:

lol doubt UC4 will get graphics king since every other one was owned graphically by other games.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#77 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

lol doubt UC4 will get graphics king since every other one was owned graphically by other games.

There isnt much competition for it on PC, so of course it will be ;)

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RoboCopISJesus

@scottpsfan14 said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

1.No, because hermits have to pay huge $$$ to upgrade to own those cards, and the majority of hermits have been shown to be cheap wads

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18233008983132948685?q=780+ti+cost&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.Q6Wr7PNt2sw.O&biw=1152&bih=547&tch=1&ech=1&psi=jPnIU_XUFNamyASc54C4Cw.1405680005619.5&ei=wPnIU6LmGomdyASjkoD4Dw&ved=0CKQEEKkrMAA

2. No, because they are all still only going be used for playing up rezed console ports.

3. No, consoles still dictate the industry just like consoles did last gen and the biggest and best games will me made to be played optimally on consoles no matter how strong PC port machines are made.

behold the last highly praised and graphically impressive PC game on the most powerful hardware praised by hermits from last gen...compared to consoles.

DealWithIt#

Scott, you do know Kinect is trolling right? Most of his posts are full of lies against PC. The difference of Crysis3 xbox360 and PC on ultra can't really be seen in that pic, and were pretty massive: especially in frames per second.

Are you asking me if I'm aware that Crysis 3 does indeed look better on PC than consoles? Because I am well aware. But that doesn't change that it is the same game with the same character models and graphics pipeline on both platforms. Even if you put it to 8K, that won't change.

Agreed but I'm just saying that screenshot he used is hogwash.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By 04dcarraher
@scottpsfan14 said:

But that doesn't change that it is the same game with the same character models and graphics pipeline on both platforms. Even if you put it to 8K, that won't change.

Same character models means nothing since more polygons does not mean "better" Its the assets of the models that create the detail and differences. The graphics pipelines were not the same because of the editions of Direct 11 rendering methods. However level designs and sizes and AI limitations were a factor because of the 360's memory limits. And yes resolution alone can make a difference. let alone all the other effects and detail missing on 360 version.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Gue1 said:

and it still won't be able to play uncharted 4 nor guilty gear xrd.

Does anyone even care about Guilty Gear?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

As long as there are games I can't access on PC through consoles, there remains a place for them in my home.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 inb4uall

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

As long as there are games I can't access on PC through consoles, there remains a place for them in my home.

Yes but TC is obviously just a graphix whore.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Not at all, good for PC gamers though. I'm sure they'll enjoy them.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#87  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@KungfuKitten said:

I'm not sure that the consoles will need a new generation 4 years from now? I mean, if you aren't focusing on graphics anyway.

It feels like this generation will last as long as the previous one. The next generation of consoles will be very interesting. Maybe we will see 3 Wii's.

I dont think that this new gen will last as long as the last gen will because of a few things. One is that these new consoles are not sporting top tier hardware like what the 360 or PS3 had at their release. Fact is that pc's in 2010 were as fast or faster and even with same gpu architecture "GCN" was ahead two years and 2x faster before the PS4 release. Then last gen the companies had to run the generation longer to make up all the losses that took 3+ years after release to start making profit. 4-6 years should the max 7-8 years is too long between gens especially when performance ratio is no where near of what it was in 2005/2006.

Yeah you're right. A good point about recouping losses AND graphics should not matter to consolites but since the consoles are so similar it is kinda ironically the one thing that matters a whole lot to consolites when they decide which of the two to buy. So I suppose there is still an incentive for MS and Sony to use better hardware to some degree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

DealWithIt#

Are you asking me if I'm aware that Crysis 3 does indeed look better on PC than consoles? Because I am well aware. But that doesn't change that it is the same game with the same character models and graphics pipeline on both platforms. Even if you put it to 8K, that won't change.

ah the fall back argument "Graphics comparison don't matter because its the same game" .... yet comparisons with other platforms is perfectly ok.

So not only does it graphically look better, have more detailed effects, and evidently is not a fog/blur fest, it also can run at 1080p+ and 60 fps.. all big deals... even the PS4 struggled to get a steady 1080p game going at the moment on its big games... Lol at Killzone's resolution.

But yea, now the lazy "oh graphics don't matter now, but I was happy to try and say they were very similar".

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@jeager_titan said:

OMG i pissing in my pants. -_-

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I already closed all the Oblivion gates so no, this won't happen.

Props for that. I started skipping them all after the first few.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I have no desire to drop insane amounts of money just on a graphics card.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

I have no desire to drop insane amounts of money just on a graphics card.

Yeah it's kinda funny to see hermits circlejerking hardware that never gets used but by shallow as **** games like Crysis 3. Upgrading a mid-range GPU every 2-3 years seems the way to go.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

No because im getting dat 870, been waiting for it for ages

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

But what does it matter?

Crysis 3 is one of the best looking games around and easily matches up to Killzone: SF and Infamous: Second Son. Who cares that PS3 and 360 are running a scaled down version with scaled down assets ? I see you bring this argument up time after time.

You can claim it's all the same but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. I'm sure a scaled down version of Killzone: SF and Second Son is possible on PS3 and 360 too. The thing is they don't do that because they need exclusives to sell PS4s.

Oh and that image kinectthedots used is a pretty pathetic attempt. I'm sure if he searched harder he could've found an even smaller image with even crappier compression to make the difference between version come out as even more minimal.

I've seen Crysis 3 running maxed out on PC and on 360. The difference is huge. Anyone denying that or bringing up crappy compressed small images to claim otherwise is an idiot.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

But we all know Crysis 3 is a game made to run on shadermodel 3 GPU's

That's not true, though.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#97 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: "I already closed all the Oblivion gates so no, this won't happen."

You butt hole!!! I wanted the anthology!! Now I can't play Oblivion?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#98  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@geniobastardo said:

@mwamba1 said:

Will the new GTX 870 and GTX 880 be able to run Uncharted 4 though? If so then yeah I'm scared.

yes they can. At 0 fucks per second.

You won the internet . It's over guys .

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#99 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@MBirdy88: "oh and do I HAVE to keep doing this to you people. Titanfall is still better than anything on PS4 ... as still stand by that, AS A PC GAMER.... I would of changed my avatar long ago, but I really can't be bothered... since it seems to rustle jimmies so easily.

Gee batman, I am totally a lemming."

You know this place, if you don't say "Godny" than you're a lem

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I can see it now. All of the console gamers looking for affordable gaming solutions are going to suddenly drop what they are doing and buy $600+ GPUs to put in their non-existent gaming PCs.

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, the market is big and diverse and there are products that are built for the variety of consumer demands and these GPUs do not appeal to the market that buys consoles.

i cant handle this logic bomb, I need a medic