Are you trembling with fear knowing that gen consoles will be soon lost in oblivion?

  • 200 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for MK-Professor
Edited 3 years, 7 months ago

Poll: Are you trembling with fear knowing that gen consoles will be soon lost in oblivion? (99 votes)

Yes 25%
No 75%

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-gtx-870-and-gtx-880-available-in-november.html

In a few months Nvidia will launch the new GTX 870 and GTX 880, early 2015 we will see the new monster single GPU from AMD 9 TFlops (10 TFlops+ if you OC, that is just crazy). Even single GPU's from january 2012 are 2 times more powerful than the most powerful next gen console. How to you feel about the next gen consoles becoming even more irrelevant? It is time for the console people to switch to PC gameing?

Avatar image for Cranler
#1 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Look how much more powerful the 780 was over the ps360 but that didn't stop consoles from breaking sales records last year.

Avatar image for handssss
#2 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

in few months, I'll be playing destiny, so I don't give a shit that some GPU is being released.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#3 Edited by sts106mat (24181 posts) -

hahaha

gameplay >>>> graphics.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#4 Edited by freedomfreak (49987 posts) -

Yeah, GPUs are scary.

lol.

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#5 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

1.No, because hermits have to pay huge $$$ to upgrade to own those cards, and the majority of hermits have been shown to be cheap wads

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Graphics card - 3 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

$700 online#5 in NVIDIA Video Cards & Adapters »

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18233008983132948685?q=780+ti+cost&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.Q6Wr7PNt2sw.O&biw=1152&bih=547&tch=1&ech=1&psi=jPnIU_XUFNamyASc54C4Cw.1405680005619.5&ei=wPnIU6LmGomdyASjkoD4Dw&ved=0CKQEEKkrMAA

780 for the card alone still cost around $700...$700!!!

2. No, because they are all still only going be used for playing up rezed console ports.

3. No, consoles still dictate the industry just like consoles did last gen and the biggest and best games will me made to be played optimally on consoles no matter how strong PC port machines are made.

behold the last highly praised and graphically impressive PC game on the most powerful hardware praised by hermits from last gen...compared to consoles.

DealWithIt#

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#6 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

I already closed all the Oblivion gates so no, this won't happen.

Avatar image for Gue1
#7 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

and it still won't be able to play uncharted 4 nor guilty gear xrd. No game will take advantage of it beside maybe star citizen, so what is the point?

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12395 posts) -

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Avatar image for clyde46
#9 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#10 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12395 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

So answer me this -- why does every 'New GPU' thread require the TC to proclaim the demise of "console X" in the title and/or description?

Makes me wonder why they play PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Avatar image for tormentos
#11 Edited by tormentos (26637 posts) -

I feel happy for you and the other 6 people who will get that GPU on PC.lol

Avatar image for happyduds77
#12 Edited by happyduds77 (1688 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

Nobody is stupid enough to waste thousands of dollars so that he can play video games, unless that person is really rich.

Avatar image for clyde46
#13 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@tormentos said:

I feel happy for you and the other 6 people who will get that GPU on PC.lol

I'll be one of those 6 then. Hell, I'll buy two of them.

@happyduds77 said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

Nobody is stupid enough to waste thousands of dollars so that he can play video games, unless that person is really rich.

Count up how much you've spent on video games over the years and it will $1000's. Video games are an expensive hobby, fact.

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

So answer me this -- why does every 'New GPU' thread require the TC to proclaim the demise of "console X" in the title and/or description?

Makes me wonder why they place PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Because SW thats why. As it stands, the current gen of consoles are lagging way behind the PC. How this will pan out I don't know, will devs keep putting out 720p/60 or 1080/30 on consoles throughtout the whole gen? Or are consumers going to be pissed off and demand more of their games. PC gaming is getting easier and easier thanks to consoles actually. The whole plug and play mantra of the consoles is slowly making its way to PC. With Steam Big Picture mode you didn't even need to see your desktop.

I think now a lot of console only gamers are seeing what is on PC and then demanding it for consoles, why they can't get it on said consoles many are moving over to PC as their primary gaming platform to get access to all the extra toys whilst still keeping their consoles. Hell, thats what I did. I was a console only gamer before I built my own PC back in 2009 and I haven't looked back since.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#14 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12395 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

So answer me this -- why does every 'New GPU' thread require the TC to proclaim the demise of "console X" in the title and/or description?

Makes me wonder why they play PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Because SW thats why.

That is no answer at all -- in anyway, shape or form. I didn't feel the need to justify the hardware I purchased, I merely bought what I wanted.

Why everytime a new GPU comes out does the TC feel the need to proclaim it so much better than "console X"....even if it is completely ridiculous like comparing the $3000 Titan Z to consoles.

Avatar image for tormentos
#15 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@tormentos said:

I feel happy for you and the other 6 people who will get that GPU on PC.lol

I'll be one of those 6 then. Hell, I'll buy two of them.

@happyduds77 said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

Nobody is stupid enough to waste thousands of dollars so that he can play video games, unless that person is really rich.

Count up how much you've spent on video games over the years and it will $1000's. Video games are an expensive hobby, fact.

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

So answer me this -- why does every 'New GPU' thread require the TC to proclaim the demise of "console X" in the title and/or description?

Makes me wonder why they place PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Because SW thats why. As it stands, the current gen of consoles are lagging way behind the PC. How this will pan out I don't know, will devs keep putting out 720p/60 or 1080/30 on consoles throughtout the whole gen? Or are consumers going to be pissed off and demand more of their games. PC gaming is getting easier and easier thanks to consoles actually. The whole plug and play mantra of the consoles is slowly making its way to PC. With Steam Big Picture mode you didn't even need to see your desktop.

I think now a lot of console only gamers are seeing what is on PC and then demanding it for consoles, why they can't get it on said consoles many are moving over to PC as their primary gaming platform to get access to all the extra toys whilst still keeping their consoles. Hell, thats what I did. I was a console only gamer before I built my own PC back in 2009 and I haven't looked back since.

Well is your money you can be a sucker all you want..hahahahaa

Avatar image for clyde46
#16 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

So answer me this -- why does every 'New GPU' thread require the TC to proclaim the demise of "console X" in the title and/or description?

Makes me wonder why they play PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Because SW thats why.

That is no answer at all -- in anyway, shape or form. I didn't feel the need to justify the hardware I purchased, I merely bought what I wanted.

Why everytime a new GPU comes out does the TC feel the need to proclaim it so much better than "console X"....even if it is completely ridiculous like comparing the $3000 Titan Z to consoles.

No, it is because SW.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#17 Edited by cainetao11 (32952 posts) -

Avatar image for bezza2011
#18 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

try spending 400 on a pc and see if you can get better graphics than a ps4 or xbox one.

I mean I've just spent time racking up how much I'll need to spend to truly enjoy PC gaming, and it's going to cost me 2500 I mean seriously, until you can make PCs for around the 300 to 500 mark and get amazing results consoles will always be relevant and dictate the market, I mean all this PC's are amazing rubbish comes down to how much you spend and still then most of the games aren't that much better looking than consoles.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#19 Edited by KungfuKitten (24776 posts) -

I'm not sure that the consoles will need a new generation 4 years from now? I mean, if you aren't focusing on graphics anyway.
It feels like this generation will last as long as the previous one. The next generation of consoles will be very interesting. Maybe we will see 3 Wii's.

Avatar image for yokofox33
#20 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

No, I'm not trembling in fear. I'm happy with my consoles, thanks. I PC game very infrequently.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#21 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

Great, maybe i'll update but i don't see how this will affect consoles.

Avatar image for gameofthering
#23 Posted by gameofthering (11115 posts) -

Shame that Batman was delayed. My plan was to upgrade for it this year.

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#24 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

I don't think consoles will ever disappear, but a lot of gamers are switching over which is really cool. The more Pc gaming grows, the more games and impressive technology we get.

Avatar image for rosko123
#25 Edited by rosko123 (556 posts) -

I have both a gaming PC and a PS4 and I really don't give a shit what you game on but most of my friends play on console so that's where I spend most of my time. I spent a lot on my PC. The money you pay for a high end gfx card really isn't worth the difference.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#27 Posted by SecretPolice (32184 posts) -

Knee nocking & sweat pouring off the forehead and all. :P

Avatar image for miiiiv
#28 Edited by miiiiv (900 posts) -

Hi-end gaming PCs are already more powerful and much more capable, it's obvious that they will be even further ahead in the future. It's certainly best to have a powerful gaming pc for all multiplats and pc games and at least one next gen console for the exclusives if one can afford it.
If one has to choose between a pc and a next gen console, it mostly comes down to personal preferences, pc is an ever evolving platform and most console only gamers aren't aware of the potential of hi-end PCs or they simply don't care. They just want to put in the game, sit in the couch and have fun or be immersed into a great adventure.

Avatar image for PAL360
#29 Edited by PAL360 (28853 posts) -

No. PC will always be more powerful, and the gap will get bigger every year, but im sure that these consoles will be ok and improve due to optimization for quite some time. I just hope that this gen doesnt last as much as last one. 8 years is too long, 5 or 6 years would be perfect.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#30 Posted by uninspiredcup (25625 posts) -

The barbarians are at the gates.

Avatar image for intotheminx
#31 Posted by intotheminx (2582 posts) -

I'm currently in the process of upgrading, so I don't see myself wasting that much money. As far as consoles go...why give a shit? lol. Games will look and run fine.

Avatar image for happyduds77
#32 Edited by happyduds77 (1688 posts) -

@clyde46: There is a difference between "on Video Games" and "To play video games on"

"On video games", includes video games, platforms and anything video game related

"To play video games on" includes video game platforms solely

Avatar image for amazonangry
#33 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

All that power just to play games like Terraria? :-\

too bad it couldn't be used for something like oh say destiny?

Keep on beggin' B-)

Avatar image for gameofthering
#34 Posted by gameofthering (11115 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Keep on beggin' B-)

At least they are begging for games to appear on another system as opposed to certain console users.

They were begging for games not to appear on other systems, trying to deny other people from enjoying more games.

Avatar image for sailor232
#35 Posted by sailor232 (6782 posts) -

Yeah no games use the power of the cards out today. The only reason to get the high end cards would be to run all games at extreme resolutions, but then on top of an expensive card you will need to purchase an expensive monitor, very costly. I really want to upgrade when the new 800 series is out, only because my cards came out 4 years ago.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#37 Posted by pyro1245 (3360 posts) -

Nope. But to be fair I don't really care about them.

Avatar image for clone01
#38 Posted by clone01 (27062 posts) -

Nope. There are games on consoles I enjoy playing, and that's what I care about.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#39 Posted by StormyJoe (7573 posts) -

For some reason, PC gamers can never seem to understand that most console gamers do not want to play games on a PC - and it has nothing to do with graphics, it has to do with people like me thinking gaming on a PC sucks.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#40 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12728 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

All that power just to play games like Terraria? :-\

too bad it couldn't be used for something like oh say destiny?

Keep on beggin' B-)

Keep on trolling XboxisDone74

Avatar image for blackace
#41 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

No one is trembling at anything on the PC. They make these super powerful cards and the developers NEVER EVER use all the power for them. The film industry will get more power from those cards then any game ever will.

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#42 Posted by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I already closed all the Oblivion gates so no, this won't happen.

I lol'd

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#43 Posted by MBirdy88 (12185 posts) -
@kinectthedots said:

1.No, because hermits have to pay huge $$$ to upgrade to own those cards, and the majority of hermits have been shown to be cheap wads

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Graphics card - 3 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

$700 online#5 in NVIDIA Video Cards & Adapters »

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18233008983132948685?q=780+ti+cost&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.Q6Wr7PNt2sw.O&biw=1152&bih=547&tch=1&ech=1&psi=jPnIU_XUFNamyASc54C4Cw.1405680005619.5&ei=wPnIU6LmGomdyASjkoD4Dw&ved=0CKQEEKkrMAA

780 for the card alone still cost around $700...$700!!!

2. No, because they are all still only going be used for playing up rezed console ports.

3. No, consoles still dictate the industry just like consoles did last gen and the biggest and best games will me made to be played optimally on consoles no matter how strong PC port machines are made.

behold the last highly praised and graphically impressive PC game on the most powerful hardware praised by hermits from last gen...compared to consoles.

DealWithIt#

I love the whole "Character models is the most important thing to compare" with you numpties.... so cute.

but damn son, where are the jaggies in this cryengine game? I don't see any.... do you?

Game that switched direction and became lowest common denominator trash .... isn't that impressive? well clever you....

I suppose you can enjoy those 1st party games that look comparable to pc games for a year.... then wait the next 7 years for one year of comparable quality... such an epic win. congratulation :D

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#44 Posted by MBirdy88 (12185 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

All that power just to play games like Terraria? :-\

too bad it couldn't be used for something like oh say destiny?

Keep on beggin' B-)

remind me what the top played xbox and psn games are?

Minecraft.

CoD.

Battlefield (which still doesn't look as good as the PC version... so much for console power)

Terraria?

Oh I'm sure destiny will be on there for a few months... until the next shooter comes out and that sudden need to think "new = better" kicks in with you lot.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#45 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

No, because my Wii U is still going to get great games that the PC won't. I'll certainly be upgrading my graphics card to get the most out of The Witcher 3 this February. Had to upgrade earlier this year from my 275GTX to a 750Ti(2GB Maxwell version) because my old card was shedding virtual tears trying to play Rome II.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#47 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

I can't play X1 or PS4 exclusives with those cards so no.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#49 Posted by MBirdy88 (12185 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@MBirdy88: It's funny how you pretend to 'own cows' with your 'knowledge of tech and things yet you are clueless.

You're just another lem hiding behind the PC. But your not you say? Your Titan smashing a PS4 avatar says differently.

Fact is, character models in Crysis 3 aren't the only thing that's the exact same in both versions. it's ALL the objects on screen LOL.

Same damn game.

A 360 port XD.

Last gen trash confirmed!

"lol for real hermits be that dull" ... who are you exactly? taking up this mantle all of a sudden. ironic.

oh and do I HAVE to keep doing this to you people. Titanfall is still better than anything on PS4 ... as still stand by that, AS A PC GAMER.... I would of changed my avatar long ago, but I really can't be bothered... since it seems to rustle jimmies so easily.

Gee batman, I am totally a lemming.

Avatar image for blackace
#50 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

I can't play X1 or PS4 exclusives with those cards so no.

This is pretty much the main reason I'm not a big PC gamer. I'd include the Wii U in there as well. If all you care about are multiplat games and NO EXCLUSIVES on any game console at all, then stay on the PC.