Are you really ready for NextGen?... not me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

I really dont see the point of spending all this money for next gen when there is still soo many good games last gen(PS2.xbox,gamecube)... Just yesterday i sold my xbox(which i had for 4 years) and got a ps2 with RE4 which is soo sweet and proves that there is still juice in last gen... all i know is a year down the road u can get GoW for like $30 and not 60$ along with many others... any way just an idea..

P.S every one makes a big deal about PS2 being weak but really RE4 for PS2 looks as good as some of the best games on the xbox..

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 killtactics
wow this thing flew off..
geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
I made the next gen leap when I bought the Wii because it was really something new and didn't cost me alot of money. I'd like to get my own 360 instead of playing my bros, but I'm not going to till it drops to 200-300.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#4 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Progress is usually a good thing, friend...
hojobojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hojobojo
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts

I really dont see the point of spending all this money for next gen when there is still soo many good games last gen(PS2.xbox,gamecube)... Just yesterday i sold my xbox(which i had for 4 years) and got a ps2 with RE4 which is soo sweet and proves that there is still juice in last gen... all i know is a year down the road u can get GoW for like $30 and not 60$ along with many others... any way just an idea..

P.S every one makes a big deal about PS2 being weak but really RE4 for PS2 looks as good as some of the best games on the xbox..

killtactics

Well RE4 looks better on GC....
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GameCrazed85
Member since 2006 • 1013 Posts
Resident evil 4 looks better on Gamecube and if you don;t want next gen systems I think you just don't have the cash to blow on any right now. I enjoy my ps3,360,and wii much more than last gen. It is worth the money to get all of the "nextgen" systems.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killtactics
[QUOTE="killtactics"]

hojobojo

Well RE4 looks better on GC....

lol im sure it does... whats your point?
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killtactics
Progress is usually a good thing, friend...SemiMaster
no no its great that next gen is here b/c whiles its here prices are ganna go down.. all im saying is im not ready b/c there is still juice in this gen..
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

I've been IN next-gen since April. 

If you're not ready for the enhanced technology and features that next-gen can offer you, fine.  Don't buy a next-gen system.

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I went ahead and got a Wii because I wanted it as soon as possible, but there are still some great Gamecube games I haven't played yet.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
Progress is usually a good thing, friend...SemiMaster
Progress would involve buying something useful and not a videogame console. I like my videogaming hobby, but at the end of the day anyone has to admit it's pretty useless.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

killtactics
Yes, i agree. There are still so many great games out right now for last gen. And it really is cheaper to game this way. I know i won't be hopping to the current gen too soon; prices are still a little too high.
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GameCrazed85
[QUOTE="killtactics"]

Pangster007

Yes, i agree. There are still so many great games out right now for last gen. And it really is cheaper to game this way. I know i won't be hopping to the current gen too soon; prices are still a little too high.

I am shocked to see so many people that think prices are too high on everything. I didn't know people cared about prices this much. Its more expensive for me to go buy groceries now too but that doesn't mean i'm gonna buy expired groceries because they would be cheaper. Inflation happens and new stuff costs more, I figured everyone is used to it by now, guess not.

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pangster007
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="killtactics"]

GameCrazed85

I am shocked to see so many people that think prices are too high on everything. I didn't know people cared about prices this much. Its more expensive for me to go buy groceries now too but that doesn't mean i'm gonna buy expired groceries because they would be cheaper. Inflation happens and new stuff costs more, I figured everyone is used to it by now, guess not.

Well, i am a uni student and this would be my final year. Once i get a job, i'll have to pay off my student loan.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]Progress is usually a good thing, friend...TNT_Slug
Progress would involve buying something useful and not a videogame console. I like my videogaming hobby, but at the end of the day anyone has to admit it's pretty useless.

it's a good way to keep me from my homework....oh wait
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="killtactics"]

GameCrazed85

4 out of 7 persons in the world live under the poverty line and you're shocked to see that there's people who can't afford frivolous luxury items?
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pangster007

this has already been debated before.
CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

GameCrazed85

Groceries aren't really comparable to gaming consoles in terms of being a necessity, now are they?

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pangster007
[QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

CelineDion

Groceries aren't really comparable to gaming consoles in terms of being a necessity, now are they?

well, his name is gamecrazed85...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You have a Gamecube? You should have got RE4 for that instead... :P

I am ready to get a Wii, but I am nowhere near ready for HD console gaming. If I am going to buy a 360 or PS3, I will get a HDTV so I can get the full expereience out of it. For me right now, it will be Wii, PS2, PC and DS [maaaybe PSP, if the price drops by $100 CAD].
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not really for next gen when I have the Wii60 deal for now.  I'll worry about wii2, Xbox 720 and PS4 in five years :P
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

The point of life is to enjoy yourself. I don't see how something that gives you five years of fun before starting the cycle over is useless...
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

killtactics

Then why are you on here posting about it? You must not really believe what you're trying to convince yourself of.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Once I bought my 360, Wii, and PS3....I can't even look back.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

Technically so is our entire lives. They have no cosmic influence or importance whatsoever and so I don't really see a problem in spending it how you choose. Importance is really in the eye of the beholder.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

killtactics

Let me ask you a question.

If 360, Wii and PS3 are next-gen...

and Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 are last gen...

...what's current gen?

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pangster007

Once I bought my 360, Wii, and PS3....I can't even look back.

BioShockOwnz

so you're never going to play any PS, PS2, GCN, SNES, N64, NES, turbografx, megadrive, Xbox games ever?
BIGNIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BIGNIG
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
RE1 is still a good game for the ps1 so why play RE4? You are a butthead.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
I've been in current gen since 2005.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
yeah last gen definitely has some juice left, but next gen rocks (well only the 360 and Wii at this point, we'll see if sony can pick up the slack by next year)
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GameCrazed85
[QUOTE="CelineDion"][QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

Pangster007

Wow gotta love getting flamed on the forums right? I'm not getting into the whole poverty deal. This isn't the political forums. Pardon me for working hard to buy the stuff I want. I apologize. It won't happen again. For those of you who like next gen consoles as well, I hope you enjoy your frivelous luxory items as much as I do!

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pangster007
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="CelineDion"][QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

GameCrazed85

Wow gotta love getting flamed on the forums right? I'm not getting into the whole poverty deal. This isn't the political forums. Pardon me for working hard to buy the stuff I want. I apologize. It won't happen again. For those of you who like next gen consoles as well, I hope you enjoy your frivelous luxory items as much as I do!

woah dude, it was just a joke, calm down.