Are you PC or CONSOLE gamer?

  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3948 posts) 3 years, 4 months ago

Poll: Are you PC or CONSOLE gamer? (54 votes)

I'm a PC Gamer (Master Race) 72%
I'm a Console Gamer 28%

Well, only 5% owns real PC and console gaming. Most Gamespot owners owns only 1 console and usually people are only PC or only console gamer.

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1 Edited by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

I'm an Atari gamer.

Avatar image for lostrib
#2 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Do you have anything to actually back up what you claim in your op?

Avatar image for Chutebox
#3 Posted by Chutebox (43130 posts) -

Haha, that picture is funny.

And I game on all. Mostly use PC for MMO though.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#4 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

LOL Lysa Tully xD

Avatar image for deadline-zero0
#5 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

Freedomfreelife has been doing some hardcore drugs over the last weeks

Avatar image for clyde46
#6 Edited by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

Lel. PC gamer.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#7 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

flip flopper

Avatar image for pyro1245
#8 Posted by pyro1245 (3205 posts) -

I mainly try to play everything I can on my computer because, well, it's better. I'm not going to avoid console exclusives I like though.

Avatar image for aroxx_ab
#9 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

Console master race

Avatar image for starwolf474
#10 Edited by starwolf474 (983 posts) -

I game on all consoles. I'm not much of a PC gamer except for the occasional strategy game. Though I'm probably going to start playing more PC games once the Oculus Rift is released.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#11 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5005 posts) -

Hardcore Master Race Console Gamer.

Avatar image for bbkkristian
#13 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

Handheld Master Race, checking in.

Avatar image for roler42
#14 Posted by Roler42 (1067 posts) -

PC gamer, only because consoles are horribly overpriced and can't afford one

Avatar image for dakan45
#15 Posted by dakan45 (18819 posts) -

Well when pc gives you better graphics, fps, mods, better controls, backwards compability, more exlusives, free mp, lower prices...its kidna hard to dislike it, unless you are one of those ignorant haters that go around re posting the same lies "hahaha pc has no exlusives, they pay 1000$+ and upgrade every year for slightly better graphics" and other LIES that if reposted enough times by haters they somehow believed to be true.

Still if a console has good games ill get it, but going from complete control of the game you buying to very limited one, kinda feels weak.

""vows to protect people from the horrors the others would inflict on them"

Thats not true, remember ps3? Super expensive, sony support was awful, they basicly turned into smug bastards and declared "the console war is over we won" and made a crappy architecture on purpuse because they thought they would get ps2 sales so devs will make the game first for ps3 and since the architecture is a mess wouldnt bother to port to other systems. so they would get free third party exlusives. Or do i need to metion how they wanted you to work more hours to buy one or how pc gamers should just go buy a ps3 because ps3 is a computer and pc is not needed for gaming.

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yOjB95gb0&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=22639.0

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/01/phil-harrison-the-playstation-3-will-kill-pc/

They are not being "good guys" they just lossing so much money that they need to get as many sales as possible to stay alive had ms not suffer the backlash they would also use drm.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/01/27/sony-credit-rating-downgraded-to-junk-despite-strong-ps4-sales/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/213824/Multiple_British_Sony_studios_hit_by_layoffs.php

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/12/us-sony-bonuses-nikkei-idUSBREA4B0RO20140512

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-06/sony-ceo-credibility-takes-hit-with-1-1-billion-loss-forecast.html

Thats the reason they dont have ea acess on ps4, not becuase "it offers less value for the ps gamer" but they do want any competition to ps+ and they are being smug about it, how they know whats best for you and you should do what sony telling you. They are just a corperation its not as bad as ms, but then again they are the ones who have finacial troubles not ms, if ms exits the market then sony will monopolize the crap out of your gaming experiance and turn "evil" again.

Avatar image for system-reboot
#16 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Hardcore Master Race Console Gamer.

No such thing as hardcore console.

OT: picture sum up everything. PC are for powerful manly man with big muscles and Wii U is for cute girls.

Avatar image for Netret0120
#17 Posted by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

Why not both?

I use my PC for multiplats and exclusives on my PS3 so I guess I win?

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#18 Edited by KungfuKitten (24565 posts) -

When you cross Tywin Lannister and Daenarys Targaryen what do you get?
Petyr Baelish?

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#19 Posted by freedomfreak (49802 posts) -

Mobile.

Cheap. Satisfying. Plentiful.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#20 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14571 posts) -

At heart I'm a PC gamer... but it was starting to cost me too much in upgrades so I switched back to consoles, which I'm enjoying alot. One day I'll probably go back to PC.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

1st of all.... I'm just a gamer and second of all.... Whats the difference anyway ?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#22 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

I game on whatever I can find good games on

most of the time that happens to be PC

Avatar image for commonfate
#23 Posted by commonfate (13320 posts) -

I enjoy many systems. I'm kind of a slut like that.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#24 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Mobile.

Cheap.

I think mobile phones are quite expensive

Avatar image for bldgirsh
#25 Edited by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

Hah, nice try. Trying to label each person accordingly. I'll have you know i'm a fish.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#26 Posted by freedomfreak (49802 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

I think mobile phones are quite expensive

Just joking anyway :P

Btw, get Valiant Hearts. You play as a Belgian lady. BELGIAN!

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#27 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12357 posts) -

PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 last generation

PC, PS4 and Xbox One this generation

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#28 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Just joking anyway :P

Btw, get Valiant Hearts. You play as a Belgian lady. BELGIAN!

You'd better be joking >:(

Mobile gaming is a joke anyway :P

I should. I will. It's just that I wanna finish Rayman Origins and Legends first.

I also really like the fact it lets you play as a german soldier for once !

Avatar image for mems_1224
#29 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

So...PC is dead confirmed

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#30 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12614 posts) -

Console gamer of course.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#31 Edited by KungfuKitten (24565 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I think mobile phones are quite expensive

Just joking anyway :P

Btw, get Valiant Hearts. You play as a Belgian lady. BELGIAN!

French or non-French Belgian?

Avatar image for p3anut
#32 Posted by p3anut (6201 posts) -

Both

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#33 Posted by freedomfreak (49802 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

You'd better be joking >:(

Mobile gaming is a joke anyway :P

I should. I will. It's just that I wanna finish Rayman Origins and Legends first.

I also really like the fact it lets you play as a german soldier for once !

Ah, Rayman Origins is sweet, which reminds me that I need to finish Rayman Legends :p

Yeah, you do. It's brilliant. Imagine a war game that isn't about shooting people in the face. Bam! Valiant Hearts. The art is good. The soundtrack is good. Man, if you have the slightest interest in the first World War, this game will please you beyond anything you can imagine.

I'm really digging with UbiArt is doing.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#34 Posted by freedomfreak (49802 posts) -
@KungfuKitten said:

French or non-French Belgian?

Well, Belgian-French. Oui, c'est un bien chien!

Yeah, I blame Ubisoft, because they're so French. Still Belgian though!

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:

French or non-French Belgian?

If you're Belgian you're not French

Unless you have multiple nationalities or something

@freedomfreak said:

Ah, Rayman Origins is sweet, which reminds me that I need to finish Rayman Legends :p

Yeah, you do. It's brilliant. Imagine a war game that isn't about shooting people in the face. Bam! Valiant Hearts. The art is good. The soundtrack is good. Man, if you have the slightest interest in the first World War, this game will please you beyond anything you can imagine.

I'm really digging with UbiArt is doing.

Yup, origins is a lot of fun.

Mmmm yeah, I want a war game like that. I want one that tells a good story.

Lots of WW1 stuff going on at the moment. Just wish there were more games about it.

Child of Light looked great too. I want to see even more Ubiart games this gen :)

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#36 Edited by freedomfreak (49802 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yup, origins is a lot of fun.

Mmmm yeah, I want a war game like that. I want one that tells a good story.

Lots of WW1 stuff going on at the moment. Just wish there were more games about it.

Child of Light looked great too. I want to see even more Ubiart games this gen :)

This is what you need then. It's about how people dealt with war. How people suffered. Like I said, it's not like MP40 shootin the face mosin nagant woot woot nonsense. It's legit. It tells the story, not only that of the characters, but it actually tells you about World War 1. Hell, the collectibles are items that are all related to the first World War, and they all come with a bit of information. It's brilliant. You'd love it.


Child of Light is pretty sweet, although the fighting system.. I got kinda bored with it towards the end. Still, I give props to Ubisoft being able to put stuff out like this while we're being smothered by Assassin's Creed, and the like.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#37 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@KungfuKitten said:

French or non-French Belgian?

Well, Belgian-French. Oui, c'est un bien chien!

Yeah, I blame Ubisoft, because they're so French. Still Belgian though!

She has double nationalities? :O

Ce n'est pas possible !!!

You almost sold the game to me based on playing as a Belgian woman

@freedomfreak said:

This is what you need then. It's about how people dealt with war. How people suffered. Like I said, it's not like MP40 shootin the face mosin nagant woot woot nonsense. It's legit. It tells the story, not only that of the characters, but it actually tells you about World War 1. Hell, the collectibles are items that are all related to the first World War, and they all come with a bit of information. It's brilliant. You'd love it.

Child of Light is pretty sweet, although the fighting system.. I got kinda bored with it towards the end. Still, I give props to Ubisoft being able to put stuff out like this while we're being smothered by Assassin's Creed, and the like.

Yeah, I saw that in the dev videos. When I play it I'll certainly read all the info bits. Sounds really interesting.

Not the biggest fan of that kind of fighting system either. I got bored with South Parks at the end too...

Ubisoft is a great publishers these days. Splinter Cell, AC, Watch_Dogs, Rayman, New IP,... Just wish they put a bit more effort into the PC versions, just a bit more

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#39 Posted by freedomfreak (49802 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, I saw that in the dev videos. When I play it I'll certainly read all the info bits. Sounds really interesting.

Not the biggest fan of that kind of fighting system either. I got bored with South Parks at the end too...

Ubisoft is a great publishers these days. Splinter Cell, AC, Watch_Dogs, Rayman, New IP,... Just wish they put a bit more effort into the PC versions, just a bit more

Cool, cool.

I've yet to play South Park. I really want because apparently it's as South Park as any video game is gonna get. You liked Watch Dogs? Blacklist was sweet!

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#40 Edited by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Cool, cool.

I've yet to play South Park. I really want because apparently it's as South Park as any video game is gonna get. You liked Watch Dogs? Blacklist was sweet!

Still have to play most of those games to be honest. I only recently finished Prince of Persia lol =P

South park was really funny, otherwise I wouldn't have played it I guess, because I'm not into turn based RPGs. I played it because Trey and Matt were so heavily involved...

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#41 Edited by freedomfreak (49802 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Still have to play most of those games to be honest. I only recently finished Prince of Persia lol =P

South park was really funny, otherwise I wouldn't have played it I guess, because I'm not into turn based RPGs. I played it because Trey and Matt were so heavily involved...

Which Prince of Persia?

Yeah, they really were. I loved how they popped up on E3(?), and they had to leave immediately because they needed to work on the game. Cool dudes.

Avatar image for ripsaw1994
#42 Edited by Ripsaw1994 (196 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Hardcore Master Race Console Gamer.

Welfare gaming at it's finest.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#43 Posted by getyeryayasout (11456 posts) -

Mainly consoles, with some Steam indies on my laptop.

Avatar image for superbuuman
#44 Posted by superbuuman (5905 posts) -

Both :P

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#45 Edited by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

Mainly consoles, with some Steam indies on my laptop.

This. Only replace Steam with GOG and indies with classics.

Avatar image for ddlcpc
#46 Posted by ddlcpc (887 posts) -

I'm CPC gamer

Avatar image for charizard1605
#47 Edited by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

So what you are telling me is, PC gaming is dead?

EDIT: Goddammit mems!

Avatar image for b4x
#48 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

Both?

Avatar image for charizard1605
#49 Edited by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife Remember when I told you not to spread misinformation?

You have an hour to back up that '5% people own gaming PCs or consoles' stat in your OP, or I lock this.

Avatar image for Renegade_Fury
#50 Posted by Renegade_Fury (19634 posts) -

I've been both since I was a little kid.