Are you excited about new consoles?

#1 Posted by R-Gamer (245 posts) -

Are you looking forward to the next PS and Xbox? Why or why not.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (39136 posts) -

Meh

#3 Edited by Fedor (5159 posts) -

Not really.

#4 Posted by Subspecies (570 posts) -

Absolutely. All that new power is going to have a HUGE effect on what the PSVR is capable of. Being a big VR fan, I can't wait.

#5 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3785 posts) -

Not really.. I'm pretty happy with the way the graphics are with the current gen so no upgrade is really needed yet for me!

#6 Posted by Epak_ (10678 posts) -

Yes, I'm ready for next gen.

#7 Posted by warmblur (2538 posts) -

After all the graphic downgrades this generation I'm ready for it. I don't know if I would call it excitement though I'm just really interested to see what next gen graphics will look like really hoping it's a bigger jump in graphics from PS3 to PS4. Also I hope next gen VR can finally get rid of the screendoor effect.

#8 Posted by Bluestars (165 posts) -

I’ve been gaming at 4k60/30 Hdr since 2017 so a jump for me to 4k60 HDR isn’t as big as say a PS4/pro/xb1 owner jumping into next gen from 920/1080/1440p

#9 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18992 posts) -

Atm, not really... I'm generally happy with what I have (Switch and XB1 X). At this stage I'd rather a Switch upgrade than Scarlett tbh.

#10 Posted by Sevenizz (3912 posts) -

Meh, I’m buying the next Xbox - but I’m not sure the X1 has hit a brick wall in terms of limitations of where gaming presently is.

#11 Edited by Nike_Air (19311 posts) -

Not yet. But when next gen games get announced , the interest will rise.

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (28158 posts) -

Yeah I’m really looking forward to the next gen consoles myself.

#13 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8413 posts) -

Nah, kind of feel like it's all more of the same.

#14 Posted by Telekill (8490 posts) -

I don't currently have much hype for next gen but I don't know much about PS5 or what games will be on it. I also don't really like where the industry currently is with pushing games like Fortnite.

#15 Posted by BoxRekt (1812 posts) -

I wouldn't exactly say I'm excited, but I am definitely ready for next gen consoles. What I am excited about is next gen games, and next gen consoles is what will bring that to pass.

#16 Posted by Vaidream45 (1968 posts) -

Nahhh. I got a Switch, PS4, and a powerhouse pc. I’m good for a while. Maybe after a few years of ps5 being out and enough exclusives and price drops then I’ll be excited to join in but for now I’ve got all I need and more.

#17 Posted by AJuiceMatts (37 posts) -

i want a switch pro, if it gets announced

#18 Posted by SecretPolice (35338 posts) -

Always.

#19 Posted by AJStyles (920 posts) -

Heck yeah! Buying a PS5 Day One and I don’t care about the cost.

I am Canadian and I am used to getting screwed with console prices.

PS2: $549

PS3: $659(but I bought the 60GB version. Could have bought the cheaper version).

PS4: $499-$549. Forget what I paid for it. I can’t remember if I bought it before they jacked up the price to $550.

Anyway, The PS5 could launch at $1000 CAD and I would still buy it. PlayStation is the best every gen. Love them to death.

#20 Posted by Random_Matt (4251 posts) -

Until I know the specs, I'm reserved. Wondering if the CPU will at least manage not to have sub 30 FPS games, until they can do that then when will they ever do 60.

#21 Posted by pyro1245 (5063 posts) -

Not particularly excited to buy more mid-ranged, closed-off computers, no....

I'm more excited for PS5 because there is hope it will improve the performance of PS4 games, which have had somewhat of a tragic fate this gen with the PS4 being pretty weak.

#22 Posted by DaVillain- (36951 posts) -

I have a gaming PC, so I'm actually very less excited for next-gen consoles and Nintendo Switch did it's own thing which I was excited for. Switch atm is my most excited next-gen console I'm enjoying if I'm being honest about it.

#23 Posted by pelvist (7406 posts) -

I haven't really been excited for a new console since the Dreamcast tbh.

#24 Posted by Jendeh (123 posts) -

While I'd be fine continuing with my PS4, I am looking forward to the PS5 which looks to be making a fairly large jump. Day 1 purchase for me.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#25 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1560 posts) -

I would love to own them both and I doubt these 2 will have more sim racing than kart racers in their library of racing games!

#26 Posted by adsparky (1412 posts) -

Basically no, but it always excites me to see the new games developed for them or to imagine which franchise they will bring back to life dor those consoles.

#27 Posted by xantufrog (11521 posts) -

Not really. I agree with adsparky - it's about the games, and the real excitement with new consoles is whatever game selling points they try to pull out of their hat to woo consumers.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#28 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3251 posts) -

I’ll buy them, but I’ve never been this meh about new consoles in my life.

#29 Edited by Speeny (1779 posts) -

Not really. I don't get excited over consoles. At least, it's rare.

Plus, the only console I've ever been excited for was the Switch I think...

#30 Posted by FinalFighters (3197 posts) -

the only new console im looking forward to is a Switch Pro - the POS hardware in the switch needs a hardware revision, asap.

#31 Posted by BassMan (10393 posts) -

I am not excited for the new consoles themselves, but I am looking forward to the lowest common denominator being raised. This will benefit the PC platform as well.

#32 Edited by robert_sparkes (3094 posts) -

The new generation not so much yet but slightly interested in seeing the switch mini and the pro and how they compare.

#33 Posted by VERTIGO47 (7104 posts) -

Not really. Just bought Days of Play PS4 Slim and quite happy with my X1X and Switch so far. I'm good for a few more years. Eventually I'll buy them, but not at launch.

#34 Posted by SOedipus (11513 posts) -

No.

#35 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10365 posts) -

I was ready for next gen when I got my launch Ps4 and was disappointed by how weak it was. I really hope next gen will make a bigger jump. I don't expect them to compete with my Pc, but at least with current Laptops.

#36 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

Yes, of course. Consoles getting SSds and ray tracing is awesome.

#37 Posted by avenger85 (237 posts) -

I’m always excited for new generations... I just hope open world games take a back seat next gen.

My biggest problem with this gen is the games, open world, battle royal, hero based shooters I’m not really into any of those genres.

#38 Posted by SUD123456 (5314 posts) -

Wake me in a year and I'll tell you then.

#39 Posted by uninspiredcup (33714 posts) -

No sir.

#40 Posted by Ghost120x (5382 posts) -

Not really. It depends on the games really. I don't think they will have any exciting new features other than the games looking better than the previous consoles.

#41 Posted by robert_sparkes (3094 posts) -

I'm more excited for the mega drive and turbo Grafix 16 mini consoles than PS5 and Scarlet.