• 58 results
Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Are you bored of video games? (92 votes)

Yes 11%
No 51%
Kind of 38%

I am selling up once and for all shortly, my last i game i have played is GTA V just for a mess about, my life is not great and i have things i should be doing. I do think many are in the same boat as me and should follow suit, just the vibe of many users here is that they are genuine unhappy, it is why they have nothing better to do than put others down or attempt to.

Why do something that bores you? Gaming is no longer fun just an old habit, i will make a few bucks and move on into something different.

Reading sounds good.

I am 29 this year and i want to live the rest of my life a successful and well worked person, battled my own problems which are mental, now to tackle reality.

I have put up a poll.

• 
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Am I'm board of video games? Are you crazy? I been gaming since 1993, gaming is my all time passion, it keeps my blood pumping, it keeps me from depression, it's something I appreciate why I'm still alive in this God forsaking Planet we live in.

Gaming is fun, maybe you should take a hiatus and when the urge comes back, you'll be wishing you never quite gaming again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Best of luck to you in future endeavors. I play a deep game with shooting like RDR2 so then I jump into stuff like Sekiro, I played some Crackdown 3 in there for crazy laughs both in game and at game LOL Ive stepped away from this for months before and it was never a conscious decision. When I need a break I follow my intuition.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I'm bored of some types of games that are popular in the modern era, but I still find a few games that bring me enjoyment. And I definitely still love playing retro games.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3021 Posts

Get other hobbies. I like to build Gundam models when I get bored of gaming.

DonaId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DonaId
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

Yes, I wish I wasn’t though.

I still play them even though I am bored

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I am starting to get alittle bored with the usual games we get from the big devs nowadays... ie. usually massive open world games with a billion things to do, or FPSs that seem seem to be all heading the way of MP-grindfests. Basically the big boys not wanting to take any risks and playing it safe.

That's why Indie games are some of my fav experiences of recent years. Give me a compact, focused experience over an enormous open world game with 100 hours of gameplay anyday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cab66ac558b0
deactivated-5cab66ac558b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5cab66ac558b0
Member since 2018 • 78 Posts

Something similar happened to me when I was 27 (so 4 years ago). My life was a horrible mess and all I did was playing video games and being online. I wasn't working or going to school or leaving my house all that much.

So one day I decided to take a break from gaming and online (to some degree). I wasn't able to keep up with this for very long. After a few days I went back to my old habits. After a lot of back and forth I saw I really had problem with all this.

I was far more addicted to being online than playing video games but both were a problem.

What worked for me wasn't to quit everything, but to manage how I used everything because I was overstimulated (meaning everything kinda felt boring, yet I kept doing it).

I removed all electronics from my room. Started doing new things and did my best to go out more often and I worked on myself (so many issues that needed to be addressed) a lot. It took a while and it was really hard for the first few months, but I eventually reshaped my life in something with more substance.

Cold turkey works for some people, but for me it was a slow and steady grind.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Nope, been gaming since the early 80s and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Nope.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I am not bored of gaming, though, gaming related stuff is starting to bore me, gaming YouTube channels for instance are just a bunch of unsatisfied gamers stirring up the gaming community who pretty much just echoes the same sentiments. Liked it more when I'd seek out people who enlighten viewers on games they may not give the time of day as something worth checking out, not "don't play this game, it's cancer to gaming".

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lol, 29 yo and talking like a 70 yo. Have fun at whatever dude, we will be here beating ourselves to death.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Most fake gamers get tired of gaming when their favorite company produces shit for quality games to play and want to blame "gaming" instead of their choice of where they decided to dedicate their play.

I can't relate.

Choose a better game company where you won't have to rely on only mutiplats to fulfill your every gaming need, lol GTAV.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

everything in moderation. If gaming is disturbing your progression in life then by all means stop gaming for a while and get a balanced life. Some games are made and designed by hooking you on purpose. These game developers and producers know what targets dopamine reactions in people so the best games are very addictive. If you can't control such an addiction then quit all together. Quit not by shortening your playing time but by quitting all together, and come back when you feel your priorities have taken the front stage. Gaming is a fun escape from reality, and even an extension at that when there is a good story present, but addiction is a big no no.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Sometimes,when there is no good releases or somehow stuck with casual games like mario or cod/counter strike. The latter happened once, most miserable month of games I ever had, stuck with mario for a month.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

You are not wrong and obviously there are more important things to life than gaming (well, allegedly). If you don't think you have the time quitting is a good decision, so go for it!

I finished RDR2 last night and I have to say I was sooooo tired of that game lol. I think R* open-world games are some of the most mentally draining experiences out there. You keep chasing that bread crumb, but you never get much adrenaline because the gameplay is so stale. Mechanically their games are also very stiff (you get locked in long animations), which means you spend 50 h feeling like you have a stone in your shoe.

My point is that if you felt drained by GTA V it doesn't mean gaming as a whole is shit. Try something shorter that requires more skill and feel snappier. Something like say Doom, or DMC V (which I haven't played but heard is great).

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Most fake gamers get tired of gaming when their favorite company produces shit for quality games to play and want to blame "gaming" instead of their choice of where they decided to dedicate their play.

I can't relate.

Choose a better game company where you won't have to rely on only mutiplats to fulfill your every gaming need, lol GTAV.

Your favourite company is supposed to have created hit after hit, and here you are creating alt after alt when you get banned and you will again when this one gets nuked.

So its you who is the fake gamer, and unhappy with your favourite company.

Your posts have spoken for you alt.

PS...the alt OP is a hermit lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#17 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Kind of.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3053 Posts

I am still very much interested in gaming, but I'm just not crazy about what is currently popular. Sucks not being the target audience anymore.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

Only after breakups of 1+ year relationships I didnt game. But after moving on back on gaming every time. One advice dont stop gaming for a woman.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Nope, in fact due to working away from home so much these days, I'll be dropping a rather large chunk of cash on a gaming laptop at the end of this month.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@GarGx1 said:

Nope, in fact due to working away from home so much these days, I'll be dropping a rather large chunk of cash on a gaming laptop at the end of this month.

At some point, you should consider getting a Switch mainly for it's portability features and I use mine portable all the time. I just don't have the time for consoles anymore and the Switch better be glad it has portable mode and the exclusive games makes it worthwhile too. I tried gaming laptops in the past and I just couldn't do it, give me a desktop any day lol.

@i_p_daily said:

PS...the alt OP is a hermit lol.

A hermit? I been seeing him/her posting games and mentions consoles, but nothing on any PC stuff. If so, you are really good at being Detective here in these parks. Shows what I know lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Kinda. It depends on my mood, like everything else in life. Everything that gives us pleasure are just chemical reactions in our brains anyway, so everything in excess will get boring after sometime. When that happens just give it a big break. After half a year without playing anything you'll feel the urge once again, trust me

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@davillain- said:
@GarGx1 said:

At some point, you should consider getting a Switch mainly for it's portability features and I use mine portable all the time. I just don't have the time for consoles anymore and the Switch better be glad it has portable mode and the exclusive games makes it worthwhile too. I tried gaming laptops in the past and I just couldn't do it, give me a desktop any day lol.

I thought about a Switch last year but I'm not really looking for mobile gaming per say (though I can see the definite advantage of it on a plane). It's more a case of me being bored shitless in hotel rooms at night. With a laptop I can carry my game collection and movie collection with me.

The problem I have at the moment is what to get I think I've narrowed it down to either a Gigabyte Aorus 15 or an Asus Scar II (both RTX 2070). The Aorus is better value for money (£300 cheaper), the Scar II has a bigger and better screen, other than than they are much same

Unfortunately carrying my desktop around isn't really an option. :)

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Not bored of games, but bored of the mass-marketed ones... none of them are particularly good. All polished pebbles that end up being Tiny, Shallow or Mindless to sell more units.

The MMO genre is dead in the water.

MOBAS are saturated

Battle Royale are saturated.

Consoles ruined FPS forever .. no risks are being taken.... nothing with depth is being made

The boundaries are not being pushed...

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

At the time of writing, 36% said they were kinda bored of gaming! That’s a pretty big considering this is a gaming website.

But I feel the same way. I am kinda bored of gaming, I would like to see some innovation.

This generation simply improved slightly over the previous generation.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Maybe a bit yeah. I find it hard to get excited about games the way I used to but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them anymore. Gaming is still my main hobby that helps me relax and escape reality.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

If I get bored, I take a break for a couple days and come back to it.

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

I’m not bored of games but I’m over open world games for the most part. They feel like none stop side missions and collection quest.

And I just can’t get into BR games they just aren’t my thing. Which sucks cause seems every AAA game wants to be open world or a BR game these days.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Nope, not at all. I’ve been gaming for over 40 years now and am enjoy it as much as ever, in some cases moreso.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Not at all. I have less time to play games, but I enjoy them just as much as ever.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#32  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@kadin_kai said:

At the time of writing, 36% said they were kinda bored of gaming! That’s a pretty big considering this is a gaming website.

But I feel the same way. I am kinda bored of gaming, I would like to see some innovation.

I think age has a lot to do with it. The average age of this board is around 30 years old (higher than other, more popular forums/sites). As you get older, the excitement over video games lessens over time (same goes for plenty of other hobbies). Especially with real life getting in the way.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

I have been gaming since 1982, and I have been enjoying it ever since. I only took a brief break of around one year in the early 90s. There are generally more quality games now than in the old days, so gaming has probably never been better. It's fun and it's a therapy against stess and bad mood.

Look if you don't like gaming take a break. Maybe you will come back to it later. But don't expect us gamers on this forum to follow your example.

Gaming for life!

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I don’t own a ps4 so no, I’m not bored of videogames.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need my third chicken dinner on my X1X - I’m hungry!

edit: I won this match. Yumm!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:

A hermit? I been seeing him/her posting games and mentions consoles, but nothing on any PC stuff. If so, you are really good at being Detective here in these parks. Shows what I know lol.

Well you obviously missed THIS where he/she states that they game at 120fps minimum, and you sure a shit ain't getting that on console.

Hmmm detective daily has a ring to it :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Jag85 said:
@kadin_kai said:

I think age has a lot to do with it. The average age of this board is around 30 years old (higher than other, more popular forums/sites). As you get older, the excitement over video games lessens over time (same goes for plenty of other hobbies).

I'm in my early 30's and I still get excited to play some of the latest games. Even though I'm in my 30's, I have a family to care for, life's does get's in the way of things but I manage to make time for gaming and spending time with the family. As you get older, you gotta learned to balance your time of day to play but I also like to say I sometimes don't often get too excited for upcoming releases but still look forward to playing them. I game way more on PC ever before, so that really helps alot for being my center of games and PS4/Switch works well for just their excursive.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Well you obviously missed THIS where he/she states that they game at 120fps minimum, and you sure a shit ain't getting that on console.

I didn't return to that thread so yeah, miss his/her post alright.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@davillain- said:
@GarGx1 said:

I thought about a Switch last year but I'm not really looking for mobile gaming per say (though I can see the definite advantage of it on a plane). It's more a case of me being bored shitless in hotel rooms at night. With a laptop I can carry my game collection and movie collection with me.

The problem I have at the moment is what to get I think I've narrowed it down to either a Gigabyte Aorus 15 or an Asus Scar II (both RTX 2070). The Aorus is better value for money (£300 cheaper), the Scar II has a bigger and better screen, other than than they are much same

Unfortunately carrying my desktop around isn't really an option. :)

Buying a gaming laptop definitely got me to game more. I've had many situations of when I'm away from home with at least an hour of free time and I use to just listen to music or look at videos on my phone. Some days I'd be too tired by the time I get home. Now during lunch breaks sometimes I pull out my Dell G3 15 and play against coworkers in Dragon Ball FighterZ. It's almost become a tradition at this point :P. Other times I'm just trying to complete the single player in some of my games because I get really into it with some of them and can't wait to get back home to continue like with DOOM 2016 recently.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

AAA lack creativity.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

I didn't return to that thread so yeah, miss his/her post alright.

I like all things i own equally, i assess critically all of them too. Do we project our own biases on others a lot here?

Missed out Competitive games yes 120 FPS minimum.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

There's very little innovation in gaming nowadays. Especially from the mainstream AAA companies. With more and more indie devs and the upcoming gaming industry crash I am hopeful that gaming will come back better than ever in the future.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@superfluousreal: I personally don't care what you really are here and II wasn't judging you either way. It's just nice seeing another gamer appreciate higher framerates over raw graphics to say the least :)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

The older I get, the more I have trouble sitting still, but there is always a level of escapism in games that keeps me coming back when I can.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

I am 29 and put other things before games after high school. I was extremely addicted in high school, and became quite successful after I made myself put them down. It is up to you if you want to be successful.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

No, just bored of the same AAA games being made by lazy companies.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#46 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

Not bored of games at all and I have been gaming since I was a kid in the 80s. I don't have enough time to play all the games that I want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#47 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@SuperfluousReal: I read your topic starter here, and then I had to reread it again to convince myself I didn't make this topic once, lol.

I can kind of relate, although I think things are generally going better this year I had some crappy moments already in 2019. Like you my first thought was to get into reading, but I realized that gets expensive too, and only keeps my interest for so long.

I chose "Kind of" on your poll. That's because in all honesty, sometimes I just don't want to sit and play a video game, and other things sound better to me. Other times I just want to get away from the world, go home, and jump into whatever game sounds fun to play at the time.

If I were you I wouldn't sell all of your games. Just find something else to do right now. Eventually you will want to play some games again, it's just that right now that's not how you're rolling.

There's a reason why some days you want chicken from KFC, and other days you want roast beef from Arby's. People need different things. You can't spend all of your time talking to one person, you can't have a single hobby and you won't listen to the same song continually. People need variety, and have different modes.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Yeah, I dont have the same energy to play them anymore like i used to as a teen

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I only play video games on weekends because I'm too busy working. It feels better to reward yourself with game time on the weekend after a hard week of working.

Not sure if I'm bored of games, but compared to last generation I have dramatically cut the amount of time I spend gaming.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Nope except from fps genre ^^ //king of dullness//