Are we still complain about not having new IPs?

• 58 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 21597 Posts

Hello friends,

Lot of we people still complain we don't have new IPs and more remakes however looking like we are having more new IPs this year and on wards to next year

here's it is.

plus I did not mention indie titles new IPs.

plus plenty of new IPs are in development not announced ala kojima new horror IP.

so my friends, why we complain about lack of new IPs? unless we need 10,000 new IPs every year which is impossible.

lets discuss.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 60564 Posts

A remix thread 🙄

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 51543 Posts

I play whatever catches my fancy, which is not done by simply being a new IP.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3754 Posts

I do not think there is a lack of new IPs. I just think there needs to be a bit more creativity in games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever

@outworld222 said:

I do not think there is a lack of new IPs. I just think there needs to be a bit more creativity in games.

Atomic Heart is creative. never done before.

so was Deathloop which was innovative game.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By outworld222

@ghosts4ever: I’ll have to check them out. At least read about them. My backlog is kinda huge….but I’ll definitely try and read at least some reviews.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 38995 Posts

Well I sure wasn’t in this “we” group. I am very eager for some of these new IP’s such as:

- Starfield

- The Callisto Protocol

- Pragmata

- Exoprimal

- Wo Long

However I am also eager for plenty of sequels and remakes such as:

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3

- Breath of the Wild 2

- Metroid Prime 4

- Bayonetta 3

- Resident Evil 4 Remake

- Street Fighter VI

- Forza Motorsport

There are also plenty of other games that I’d like to see get sequels and/or remakes such as:

- Chrono Trigger/Cross

- Final Fight

- Dragon’s Dogma

- Breath of Fire

- StarTropics

- Mega Man X

- Darkstalkers

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 outworld222

@Archangel3371: Metroid Prime 4 and RE4 and a sequel to Final Fight would really interest me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 51543 Posts

@outworld222 said:

I consider everything reasonably. Happy to play new IPs but developers/publishers are just more caution these days than there used to be in the past. Granted I don't actively seek out new IPs, but I keep an open-mind and watching gaming news. If a new IP looks interesting, I'll follow up and if it looks good enough, I'll buy it. My gaming decisions making is not influenced by whether it is a new IP or not. Just whether or not it looks like a game I will enjoy but I do agree creativity is missing from the equation.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 outworld222

@davillain: ya. Thanks to my friend Ghost, I can refine what I need to play. I have similar thoughts. Mainly I’m trying to catch up on games from the 2010-2020 generation.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@outworld222 said:

@ghosts4ever: I’ll have to check them out. At least read about them. My backlog is kinda huge….but I’ll definitely try and read at least some reviews.

good. thanks for being open minded.

and not like other users who claim "hurr only I am correct and everyone is wrong".

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever
@Archangel3371 said:

Well I sure wasn’t in this “we” group. I am very eager for some of these new IP’s such as:

my friend, you are too happy go lucky and enjoy every game. we refer to lot of us. including me.

I also complain about games. so we also refer to mee too.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371

@ghosts4ever: No problem. It’s all good. 👍😁

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371

@outworld222: I believe that there was a Final Fight Remake mentioned in the Nvidia leak awhile ago.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 9262 Posts

Ghost I will keep complaining about it I want the gaming industry not to be reliant on remakes and remasters. Also I just want to make it clear that I'm not against all remakes/remasters but there's games like Dead Space and TLOU that are cash grabs especially TLOU remake. I want the gaming industry to take more risk on new IP's then playing it safe and remastering everything shit gets boring fast that's why I miss the old days so much. Yes, there's new IP's out there now and that's great but it's nothing compared to what it use to be like and what it should be now.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 2267 Posts

@warmblur said: I want the gaming industry to take more risk on new IP's then playing it safe and remastering everything shit gets boring fast that's why I miss the old days so much.

This also applies to the movie and music industries. We need more risk on all fronts.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 warmblur

@dimebag667 said:
@warmblur said: I want the gaming industry to take more risk on new IP's then playing it safe and remastering everything shit gets boring fast that's why I miss the old days so much.

This also applies to the movie and music industries. We need more risk on all fronts.

Yes, absolutely!

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 19937 Posts

I enjoy new ideas and new IPs in gaming but I am happy with continuing or remastering old IPs for those who want it. For example I would be very happy with a Bluepoint remake of Bloodborne and a Bloodborne 2.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 197

#19  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 15725 Posts

I appreciate some new IPs, but still more of the same....

Callisto Protocol = Dead Space

Elden Ring = Another Souls game

Atomic Heart = Bioshock

Redfall = Left 4 Dead

Starfield = No Man's Sky

Avowed = Skyrim

Witchfire = Painkiller

They all look pretty good except for Redfall.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 13206 Posts

damn you ghosts, what about alan wake 2? That game is pure trash, even if its not a new IP, its a sequel but its a sequel to one of the worst boring games ever made.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 22140 Posts

Not only has he posted two of my games, but they're also the first on the list. Why are you so interested in my titles, ghost?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@warmblur: read the OP again. I post so many new ips yet you ignore and again "herp derp".

You only care about same 5 games

If its not them than all bad.

I dont care about elden ring but I posted it because it's a big new IP.

I can complain about lack of immersive sims, too many bad games, too many generic trash. but this thread its all about there's more new IP in lineup than remakes/remastered.

The only Remake I care about (max payne remake too far away) is System Shock and its more of reboot/new game than remake actually. but mainstream corrupt media donot highlight it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan said:

I appreciate some new IPs, but still more of the same....

Callisto Protocol = Dead Space

Elden Ring = Another Souls game

Atomic Heart = Bioshock

Redfall = Left 4 Dead

Starfield = No Man's Sky

Avowed = Skyrim

Witchfire = Painkiller

They all look pretty good except for Redfall.

It has been confirmed that Redfall is SP game. not L4D clone.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 1178 Posts

Elden Ring is Dark Souls IV. Very much. Which is why I probably won't play it for a few years. I want a new IP that actually feels new from FromSoftware and isn't trying hard to please the git gud crowd that the Souls community was unfortunately twisted into.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

damn you ghosts, what about alan wake 2? That game is pure trash, even if its not a new IP, its a sequel but its a sequel to one of the worst boring games ever made.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 13206 Posts

@BassMan: I've been playing no man's sky for a few hours, and how the heck is it like starfield? Talk about hot takes. No mans sky feels to me like a bootleg subnautica in space but with a shittier story line. And subnautica story line was only a few levels above trash grade, so that's not saying much.

Bethesda rpgs have always been heavily story invested, with tons of interactions, I doubt there will be any real similarities between the two games beyond surface mechanics.

The rest of your comparisons are also funny, especially Redfall = l4d. You got all that from a 30 second clip? That's amazing. Besides, I loved l4d, so I would be happy if it were a l4d clone.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BassMan  Online

@ghosts4ever: @blaznwiipspman1:

Loading Video...

1000 planets! LMAO

Redfall very much looks like L4D/B4B with vampires from what I have seen. Nothing to get excited about. Definitely Arkane's lamest game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan: because left4 dead is story driven openn world SP game? Thsts news to me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BassMan  Online
@ghosts4ever said:

@BassMan: because left4 dead is story driven openn world SP game? Thsts news to me.

Because what they have shown makes it look like L4D/B4B.

https://www.pcgamer.com/redfall-gameplay-looks-like-left-4-dead-with-vampires/

If this was not an Arkane/MS game, how many people would honestly be excited about it based on what has been shown? It looks like another B tier game. Nothing special.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Because what they have shown makes it look like L4D/B4B.

https://www.pcgamer.com/redfall-gameplay-looks-like-left-4-dead-with-vampires/

If this was not an Arkane/MS game, how many people would honestly be excited about it based on what has been shown? It looks like another B tier game. Nothing special.

Yeah. No

https://wccftech.com/redfall-played-solo-is-a-classic-arkane-experience-says-harvey-smith/

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2198 Posts

There are plenty of exciting games coming out. New IPs, remakes, remasters and whatnot. I am satisfied.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 8690 Posts

What BassMan said.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BassMan  Online

@ghosts4ever: What is being shown and what Harvey is describing are very different things. It is funny how he has to come out and do damage control for the game though. Talk about the dev team and marketing being out of touch. Anyway, I hope it is good, but I am not excited for it at all so far.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 8584 Posts

The problem is that most of the games I want belong to genres that haven't been seeming to get much love recently. That said, I know there are some great things in the future, but I just wish I could get a couple to hold me over for the next couple years. I loved Modern Warfare (2019) so perhaps MW2 will be that shooter to scratch the itch for a year or two. Sad to think I never even really liked CoD until the original MW and then MW (2019) was easily my favorite. I want a couple new shooters (that don't suck) and a few other games in genres that are mistreated.

Xbox is killing it, but waiting 2-3 years sucks... I really hope PlayStation is just biding their time until they can ramp production up, because at this point in time it just feels like they are dragging their feet. I hope the rumored show they are putting on later this month is a good one, because we need good news on the PS front. Nintendo... don't even get me started. Either way, I never thought I'd see the day when I am more excited about MS's showing of games and future news more than the other two. Things can still change, but it feels like they are the only one right now trying to make a true splash. SONY's 10-20 games they haven't talked about or revealed yet better be bangers though, because MS and Nintendo are going to burn their house down if they don't stop being so complacent and resting on their laurels.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BassMan  Online

@WitIsWisdom: All 3 companies will do well. I don't care much for most of Nintendo's offerings these days, but I appreciate the games that Sony and MS put out. I wouldn't worry about Sony at all. They are known for top quality games and their recent track record has been stellar. MS seems to be the one with the most to prove and Nintendo just does their own thing.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 31198 Posts

Don't really care if an IP is new or not, and I don't complain about not having more IPs. Probably never have. There once was a lot more variety in the AAA scene though, and that problem still persist. Indie games have picked up where AAA fails, which is awesome. But would be nice if AAA games started having some originality as well.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghosts4ever
@Litchie said:

Don't really care if an IP is new or not, and I don't complain about not having more IPs. Probably never have. There once was a lot more variety in the AAA scene though, and that problem still persist. Indie games have picked up where AAA fails, which is awesome. But would be nice if AAA games started having some originality as well.

I don't remember last time AAA games had variety.

in 7th gen most AAA games were COD clones. or gears style cover shooter. that also include mass effect which also suck.

During that time even PC shill game like Crysis had regen health and cinematics but it got free pass because.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

in 7th gen most AAA games were COD clones. or gears style cover shooter. that also include mass effect which also suck.

During that time even PC shill game like Crysis had regen health and cinematics but it got free pass because.

Thought we had lots of variety during gen 6. And gen 7 is where it started to nosedive. The AAA scene grew larger, removed whole genres that didn't print as much money anymore and started focus hard on things that brings in the most amount of cash, as opposed to make original shit.

The AAA scene needs more money and people than ever to create the games they want to create. Which most of the time result in soulless games that are very obviously developed in the same way as previous games (like they use an old template for every new game) and made to milk as much money from as many as possible, instead of making a gaming experience the best it could be. They can't take the chances anymore with the budget they put into their games, they have to bring in lots of cash. And it sadly happens to be way more lucrative to sell people a game, then hamper their enjoyment of it and tell them they can have fun again if they pay extra. Or make basically the same game again with a different name. And as long as people buy the copy paste games like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc., it ain't gonna stop.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8372 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Thought we had lots of variety during gen 6. And gen 7 is where it started to nosedive. The AAA scene grew larger, removed whole genres that didn't print as much money anymore and started focus hard on things that brings in the most amount of cash, as opposed to make original shit.

The AAA scene needs more money and people than ever to create the games they want to create. Which most of the time result in soulless games that are very obviously developed in the same way as previous games (like they use an old template for every new game) and made to milk as much money from as many as possible, instead of making a gaming experience the best it could be. They can't take the chances anymore with the budget they put into their games, they have to bring in lots of cash. And it sadly happens to be way more lucrative to sell people a game, then hamper their enjoyment of it and tell them they can have fun again if they pay extra. Or make basically the same game again with a different name. And as long as people buy the copy paste games like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc., it ain't gonna stop.

This is what I've been trying to explain to people when they ask why I don't play a lot of newer stuff. There's always something big missing from them and they always try to fill that hole with the same copy and paste garbage mechanics we've seen dozens of times before. Like RPG elements in games that don't need them. A shopping list of collectables to unlock something often pointless. Side quests that are all pretty much doing the same thing. That's on top of most of them we see either being some kind of FPS or TPS cover shooter the likes of which I've played countless times in the past.

I've been playing more PS1 era stuff lately. Old Tomb Raider, MGS, Resident Evil, when these games were still unique and innovative. All three IPs switched to being third person cover shooters with all the same tropes mentioned above, with the exception of Resident Evil transferring into an FPS even more recently.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghosts4ever

@eoten said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

This is what I've been trying to explain to people when they ask why I don't play a lot of newer stuff. There's always something big missing from them and they always try to fill that hole with the same copy and paste garbage mechanics we've seen dozens of times before. Like RPG elements in games that don't need them. A shopping list of collectables to unlock something often pointless. Side quests that are all pretty much doing the same thing. That's on top of most of them we see either being some kind of FPS or TPS cover shooter the likes of which I've played countless times in the past.

I've been playing more PS1 era stuff lately. Old Tomb Raider, MGS, Resident Evil, when these games were still unique and innovative. All three IPs switched to being third person cover shooters with all the same tropes mentioned above, with the exception of Resident Evil transferring into an FPS even more recently.

Tomb raider suck. always been. so was Resident evil.

Quake, System Shock, Deus Ex, Max Payne were gem of that era.

PS1 games are not even worth playing anymore. but old school PC games still age well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 41170 Posts

Such spoiled, self entitled soy boys...

lol :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Litchie

@eoten: Yup. Boring as hell, and I dearly miss the days when AAA games had soul. Sadly I don't see it improving in any near future either. This is the new way to operate for them. So I'll just continue to revert to legacy games and play indies. Have almost completely abandoned AAA games already.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

@eoten: Yup. Boring as hell, and I dearly miss the days when AAA games had soul. Sadly I don't see it improving in any near future either. This is the new way to operate for them. So I'll just continue to revert to legacy games and play indies. Have almost completely abandoned AAA games already.

I agree. If AAA games have soul. they are not AAA games.

only AAA developers whose games have soul are id software and Arkane.

rest are mid tier smaller developers. even STALKER 2 developers are more indie developers yet making a game that is graphic king. they don't have big publisher behind back. neither a big budget.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 41277 Posts

@Pedro said:

A remix thread 🙄

Basically TC

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29720 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Archangel3371 said:

my friend, you are too happy go lucky and enjoy every game. we refer to lot of us. including me.

I also complain about games. so we also refer to mee too.

He actually plays games, unlike you, sniper4321. You just ban dodge and troll this forum.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k:

People in this thread complain about creativity.

If System shock and Atomic heart are not creative enough than I don't think what else it is.

and no wonder why developers keep making mainstream AAA trash every year.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 17819 Posts

Let me tell you something ... people don't care about new IP's as much as they claim.

Also, is Elden Ring a new IP ? i feel all "Souls" games are part of this huge franchise of ... "Souls".

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

@R4gn4r0k:

People in this thread complain about creativity.

If System shock and Atomic heart are not creative enough than I don't think what else it is.

and no wonder why developers keep making mainstream AAA trash every year.

Redfall.

There I listed all the upcoming creative games by the AAA industry. The rest are remakes, reboots, reimagines, ... existing IP.

There is zero creativity in the AAA industry and that is what people complain about.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k

@madsnakehhh said:

Let me tell you something ... people don't care about new IP's as much as they claim.

Also, is Elden Ring a new IP ? i feel all "Souls" games are part of this huge franchise of ... "Souls".

We can classify it under spin-off

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By warmblur
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Awww, Ghost I'm sure that's directed at me you are forgetting the part where you are a hippocrite and give a pass for Halo 2 regenerating shields and COD2. Also you cry about cinematics but yet you shill for, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Max Payne 3 all these games have cinematics stop pretending you're a indie gamer you are a AAA gamer that's in denial about it. Also 7th gen had much more new IP's compared to modern day and it's not even close.