Are we Hype for Cyberpunk 2077 now?

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

Hello friend,

so last year Cyberpunk 2077 reveal and shortly after words gameplay reveal. in gameplay many people were complaining about its first person which should have been third person. and i am the one who think if it was third person it would suck. being first person is far more immersive. other than gameplay reveal was underwhelming last year but even with that. i always think game wont be bad but it wont be what everyone was hoping for. but still it bound to be by far best CDPR game ever.

fast forward this year its again reveal with john wick. and the trailer was cool. plus after that we show glimpsy of gameplay footage here

even thought its almost same. but CDPR said game will be different than last year reveal and i have seen it how it looks better than last year reveal. they need to drop bullet sponges enemies though. even main character (male V) also looks better here and sound different than last year reveal trailer.

althought im not very hype for it. something like open world turn me off, and something too many dialogues and romance system which i will ignore ie waste of time, but the world looks amazing and since no Deus Ex game will be coming out in future anytime soon because square enix killed this. i hope this game will hold the gap.

cyberpunk setting is coolest setting in my opinion. its setting also one of the reason why Deus Ex 1 is still greatest game of all time.

so my friends, are we getting hype into this? will it be only good FPS/RPG after Deus Ex and System shock?? lets discuss

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#2 Edited by uninspiredcup (33231 posts) -

Ghost falling for Keanu Reeves hype.

So sad.

Avatar image for anthonyautumns
#3 Posted by AnthonyAutumns (1683 posts) -

I thought you already decided the game sucks?

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#4 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -
@anthonyautumns said:

I thought you already decided the game sucks?

I decide that it will get 11/10 because of CDPR but on other hand i already said game is bound to be best CDPR game.

i always love cyberpunk setting and futurstic involving machines and augments. etc

@uninspiredcup said:

Ghost falling for Keanu Reeves hype.

So sad.

whatever. its going to be far and away better than witcher 3. i mean its first person so it will control better than geralt of rivia. the cyberpunk setting is far better than fantasy style game of thrones world of witcher 3.

Avatar image for djoffer
#5 Posted by djoffer (1309 posts) -

Lol besides you I am prettying sure no one complained about the last trailer, but yeah I am super hyped for it!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#6 Edited by uninspiredcup (33231 posts) -

@anthonyautumns said:

I thought you already decided the game sucks?

He may be backtracking on his opinions after heavily championing Rage 2.

How embarrassing.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#7 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@anthonyautumns said:

I thought you already decided the game sucks?

He may be backtracking on his opinions after heavily championing Rage 2.

How embarrassing.

i knew only good thing about Rage 2 would be gunplay. but it turn out avalanche as drop a ball so hard. was not impressed with pink wacky wacky style.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#8 Edited by SecretPolice (35235 posts) -

I dunno, as I was watching CP on the MS stage I couldn't help but get the feeling that if it was a new reveal of a new MS IP it would be getting the eh, looks boring and it's gonna flop treatment here. lol Just sayin. :P

Avatar image for thereal25
#9 Posted by thereal25 (1757 posts) -

Yes sir. That latest trailer was so epic is was almost ridiculous.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#10 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12862 posts) -

Everyone's been hyped for it the whole time except for you. This game is the safest bet out there besides TLOU2 to meet expectations.

Avatar image for warmblur
#11 Posted by warmblur (2330 posts) -

As long as they don't downgrade it.

Avatar image for howmakewood
#12 Posted by Howmakewood (5857 posts) -

Only the most popular game on this years E3, barely anyone cares about it...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#13 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4567 posts) -

This game, is the game I need right now. My hype is through the roof. Also, what's with the open world whining? The game should be as open and versatile as possible. I swear some of you people want the Nintendo 64 days back or something.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#14 Posted by Archangel3371 (27874 posts) -

I was always hyped for this game and still am. The Keanu Reeves reveal was totally awesome.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#15 Edited by BoxRekt (1190 posts) -

I agree Ghost. The first reveal was underwhelming at best.

The new trailer actually looks like a proper cross/next gen title.

I even saw ray tracing in the video, lots of it. Also with the detail that was shown, I can tell CD project is either using the highest end PC they have on hand or LMAO a PS5 dev kit to present that video.

No current gen system could run that version of Cyberpunk 2077 that was shown on MS's stage.

Will the graphics be downgraded? No, you just have to run it on the required system. This will probably be a PS5 launch title.

Also funny that Cyberpunk 2077 was the ONLY next gen looking title on MS's stage even after Scarlet announcement.

It's funny how, though much improved from the low budge look of Halo 5, even Halo Infinite ,hyped for launch with xbox Scarlet, only look like a current gen PS4 title. I expected more, but it's MS so I shouldn't be surprised.

Avatar image for davillain-
#16 Posted by DaVillain- (36401 posts) -

I was always hype the minute I watch gameplay demo last year and still am hype. Launching 4/16/2020 was the best news with or without John Wick in it.

Avatar image for anthonyautumns
#17 Edited by AnthonyAutumns (1683 posts) -
@howmakewood said:

Only the most popular game on this years E3, barely anyone cares about it...

Yeah, the Keanu Reeves reveal was really a show stealer.

Avatar image for son-goku7523
#18 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (956 posts) -

I was always hyped for it. Even though I'm a Keanu Reeves fan I didn't need him to get hyped.

Avatar image for p3anut
#19 Posted by p3anut (6294 posts) -

To be honest, not really. The actual gameplay we got last year looked meh. The cinematic trailers look badass but once you see actual gameplay it doesn't look that hot.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#20 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@p3anut said:

To be honest, not really. The actual gameplay we got last year looked meh. The cinematic trailers look badass but once you see actual gameplay it doesn't look that hot.

yeah. im feeling this way but i hope they somehow improve it because this setting is tooo good to waste on mediocre gameplay.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#21 Edited by Ant_17 (12407 posts) -

It's the only game that matters right now.

Avatar image for p3anut
#22 Edited by p3anut (6294 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

The new trailer actually looks like a proper cross/next gen title.

I even saw ray tracing in the video, lots of it. Also with the detail that was shown, I can tell CD project is either using the highest end PC they have on hand or LMAO a PS5 dev kit to present that video.

No current gen system could run that version of Cyberpunk 2077 that was shown on MS's stage.

You actually think that was gameplay? Dude it was a cinematic trailer.

Avatar image for dagubot
#23 Posted by dagubot (1297 posts) -

@boxrekt: No one mentions Microsoft and yet you still shit on it with every post you make; regardless if it's on topic or not...lmfao. When did Microsoft hurt you?

As for the thread, always been hyped for Cyberpunk 2077. This is day 1 buy for me and Keanu Reeves is awesome so seeing that whole reveal was legit.

Avatar image for fedor
#24 Posted by Fedor (4876 posts) -

@boxrekt: It obviously wasn't a ps5 kit...

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#25 Posted by lundy86_4 (53076 posts) -

I've been hyped the whole time... That Keanu reveal was pretty damn f*cking good as well. The dude's a genuine gem. I also find it funny as CDPR gave a free copy to the dude who called Keanu "Breathtaking." That's hilarious. The dude also asked them to instead do something for some charity that I forget, which was dope.

Avatar image for evil_loli
#26 Posted by Evil_Loli (134 posts) -

I wasn't into Cyberpunk 2077 mainly Sci-Fi stuff doesn't do it for me but after looking at the gameplay last year, I grown into it. I'll buy it day one on Xbox One.

Avatar image for jahnee
#27 Posted by jahnee (3989 posts) -

I wish they had announced the release date after Gamescon since we don't know the state the game is in now. CDPR would've been able to measure feedback of people from the playable demo on the showfloor, then adjust their release date accordingly. Oh well... Btw they would show a gameplay demonstration behind closed doors this E3, did this already happen?

Avatar image for jahnee
#28 Posted by jahnee (3989 posts) -

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-demo-gameplay-e3-2019,39630.html found it

Avatar image for XVision84
#29 Posted by XVision84 (15933 posts) -

I've always been hyped, day one!

Avatar image for valgaav_219
#30 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2362 posts) -

Yes, my Cyberpunk 2077 is through the roof! It was even when they released that first 40 minute trailer a while back. With CD Project Red's Witcher 3 success I feel that they've grown much more ambitious. I can't wait for next April tbh

Avatar image for dxmcat
#31 Posted by dxmcat (2602 posts) -

Well known about CP 2077 for a while and its a definite buy for me.

I'm sold on FF7 remake too now tho.......question is will I wait for PC version. :D

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#32 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30970 posts) -

There are only but a few developers left where you can day one/preorder a game and you know it'll be good.

CD Project Red is one.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#33 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

There are only but a few developers left where you can day one/preorder a game and you know it'll be good.

CD Project Red is one.

id software.

atleast they show Doom Eternal gameplay. other developers cant bother to show.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#34 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30970 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

id software.

atleast they show Doom Eternal gameplay. other developers cant bother to show.

Yup, ID software is really finding its second wind. DOOM was amazing, it just lacked some variety in it's level and enemies... And BAM! Now we have DOOM: Eternal and it has everything I wanted :)

Bro, have you seen the commandos 2 HD remake? It looks like the game for you ;)

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#35 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

id software.

atleast they show Doom Eternal gameplay. other developers cant bother to show.

Yup, ID software is really finding its second wind. DOOM was amazing, it just lacked some variety in it's level and enemies... And BAM! Now we have DOOM: Eternal and it has everything I wanted :)

Bro, have you seen the commandos 2 HD remake? It looks like the game for you ;)

I missed it. thanks for it.

i would have wanted original commandos remake but fine with commandos 2.

Avatar image for Litchie
#36 Edited by Litchie (23852 posts) -

Game is interesting and will probably be good.

Promoting the game by adding Keanu Reeves is really fucking cringeworthy though and actually makes me less interested in the whole game.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#37 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30970 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

I missed it. thanks for it.

i would have wanted original commandos remake but fine with commandos 2.

Yup, same here, I love the original commandos.

But I think commandos 2 has some quality of life improvements and gameplay improvements over the first, it's just the same game but done better, so I'm definitely looking forward to replaying it with much better graphics :)

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#38 Posted by Sevenizz (3810 posts) -

Not my type of game so no - no hype here.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#39 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Game is interesting and will probably be good.

Promoting the game by adding Keanu Reeves is really fucking cringeworthy though and actually makes me less interested in the whole game.

he's star in best movie of 90s that is original Matrix and is currently best movie trilogy that is John wick.

Avatar image for Litchie
#40 Posted by Litchie (23852 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Game is interesting and will probably be good.

Promoting the game by adding Keanu Reeves is really fucking cringeworthy though and actually makes me less interested in the whole game.

he's star in best movie of 90s that is original Matrix and is currently best movie trilogy that is John wick.

Yeah, John Wick sucks. Solid action movies, I guess. But done to death plot and cliché characters. Not surprised you like it. Matrix was dope though. Too bad they destroyed it with awful sequels.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#41 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Game is interesting and will probably be good.

Promoting the game by adding Keanu Reeves is really fucking cringeworthy though and actually makes me less interested in the whole game.

he's star in best movie of 90s that is original Matrix and is currently best movie trilogy that is John wick.

Yeah, John Wick sucks. Solid action movies, I guess. But done to death plot and cliché characters. Not surprised you like it. Matrix was dope though. Too bad they destroyed it with awful sequels.

John wick is one of the best movie ever. come on my friend. how can anyone not enjoy watching john wick? john wick 3 is far better than this years disney movies and avengers endgame.

John wick feel like Max payne of movies.

Avatar image for Litchie
#42 Posted by Litchie (23852 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Game is interesting and will probably be good.

Promoting the game by adding Keanu Reeves is really fucking cringeworthy though and actually makes me less interested in the whole game.

he's star in best movie of 90s that is original Matrix and is currently best movie trilogy that is John wick.

Yeah, John Wick sucks. Solid action movies, I guess. But done to death plot and cliché characters. Not surprised you like it. Matrix was dope though. Too bad they destroyed it with awful sequels.

John wick is one of the best movie ever. come on my friend. how can anyone not enjoy watching john wick? john wick 3 is far better than this years disney movies and avengers endgame.

John wick feel like Max payne of movies.

Feels like a movie for manbabies who think Keanu is super cool when he kills people. Again, not surprised you like it.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#43 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Feels like a movie for manbabies who think Keanu is super cool when he kills people. Again, not surprised you like it.

so you think movies like cinderella and beauty and beast are better?? LOL!!

John wick is masterpiece among most of shitty movies released today.

Avatar image for Litchie
#44 Edited by Litchie (23852 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Feels like a movie for manbabies who think Keanu is super cool when he kills people. Again, not surprised you like it.

so you think movies like cinderella and beauty and beast are better?? LOL!!

John wick is masterpiece among most of shitty movies released today.

Beauty and the Beast is a really good movie. To not see that is very immature. That live action stuff they did recently though? Probably the worst movie I've seen in forever.

Like I said, John Wick are solid action movies, and I'm not surprised the mainstream likes them. But I don't find them original, innovative, surprising or especially good overall. Camera work is good, action scenes look good. But that's not enough for me. Pretty dumb movies for pretty dumb people. I bet I'd love them if I was 10 years old or so though. Loved similar movies back then.

Avatar image for blackfiragas
#45 Posted by blackfiragas (54 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: lol there is nothing special about John Wick. It's an ok series of movies.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#46 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Feels like a movie for manbabies who think Keanu is super cool when he kills people. Again, not surprised you like it.

so you think movies like cinderella and beauty and beast are better?? LOL!!

John wick is masterpiece among most of shitty movies released today.

Beauty and the Beast is a really good movie. To not see that is very immature. That live action stuff they did recently though? Probably the worst movie I've seen in forever.

The worst movie i have ever seen is Titanic. absolutely terrible.

Avatar image for watercrack445
#47 Edited by watercrack445 (1539 posts) -

I think Jackie Welles, one of the companions, might be bi or bi-curious. They did say that all sexuality will be included. I saw a trailer breakdown video and Jackie touches V. Idk, but that is what the trailer breakdown guy's hypothesis.

Keanu Reeves character will be a companion too but inside V's brain. So, like a talking mentor companion that does some dialogue here and there....Or maybe in the future he gets a new body and becomes V's new partner? He can just hijack a complex robot and take over the body digitally. I don't know if you can actually do that in this game but that would be awesome.

I wish T-bug was a companion too but I think she works with Dexter DeShawn or the big black guy. Her skillset would be useful since she's a hacking type.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#48 Posted by henrythefifth (2447 posts) -

Sounds solid, but it might turn out to be as dull as Witcher 3 was.

It really depends on the story. In W3, the story was boring as heck, so Cyberpunk better do better than that...

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#49 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (18828 posts) -

It looks awesome and I adore the setting (and adore CDPR), but I'm just so over open-world games right now that it's just killing the hype for me.

Maybe by next year I'll be more open to it, but atm I'm just avoiding open-world games like the plague.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#50 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

It looks awesome and I adore the setting (and adore CDPR), but I'm just so over open-world games right now that it's just killing the hype for me.

Maybe by next year I'll be more open to it, but atm I'm just avoiding open-world games like the plague.

and thats what i have been calling for years. it would have been much better as semi sandbox like Deus Ex 1.

being fully open world will make it more boring.