Are Sony fans going to be OK in 2019? Because TLOU 2 is...

• 102 results
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@that_old_guy said:

There are other great games to play exclusive and not.

Consoles are meant to be played with fun games non stop not niche titles left and right and 1 or 2 great games everyone likes like PC.

Trying too hard to hate on PC

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@kenshiro3948 said:

Bruh, Sony didn't give release dates for GOW and Spiderman in December 2017 either.Making future predictions based on the fact Sony hasn't given release dates for their upcoming blockbuster releases by saying they haven't released anything now isn't prudent based on their recent history. Lack of E3 or PSX doesn't matter as GOW's and Spiderman's release dates weren't announced at either of those conferences (or any conference for that matter). Sony didn't need a conference to announce Spiderman or GOW's release dates, they just came out of the blue and dropped their release dates with accompanying media blitz.

GOW's release date was announced in January 2018 outside of any conference.

Spiderman's release datewas also announced in April 2018 outside of any conference.

Sony DOES NOT need E3 or PSX to announce release dates for their already announced games. They can announce them 3 or even 5 months before the games drop just like they did with Spiderman and GOW.

Huh?

These are Spiderman's and GOW's E3 videos...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

No need for me to tell you that E3 is in June of every year!

Anymore questions?

You're free to try that argument again my friend...

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@MonsieurX: No no...I think you’re mistaken.

You don’t really need to try hard. To tell the truth anyway.

I like PC but there’s just sooo many negatives.

But I do like playing Tekken on PC more than PS4. 2 reasons: 1. The connection quality is better as well as input lag 2. The players on PC suck and I’m a noob so it’s easier to win.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tgob89

@MirkoS77 said:

Yeah, well, that’s just like, your opinion man.

Sony would be idiots not to release TLOU 2 on PS4.It’s been built for the hardware, to put it only on the PS5 is wasting that investment and neglecting that established user base that they’ve built over all these years. I don’t doubt it will release on the PS5, but only after the PS4.

What...the actual f*ck are you talking about dude?

When did I say TLOU2 would not be released on the PS4? Did you even read the OP?

Try again when you've actually grasped the context of the discussion plz.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@tgob89: yea, well, that’s just like, your opinion man.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#56 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

@tgob89: yea, well, that’s just like, your opinion man.

Yeah, I thought he was pretty clear with his post. I never saw anything from him that said TLOU 2 wasn't going to make it to the PS4.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: yeah, well, that’s just like.....ah, forget it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#58 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

@JustPlainLucas: yeah, well, that’s just like.....ah, forget it.

*pats your back* It's ok. :)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yup, ps4 already blew its load. which was uncharted/ horizon zero dawn/god of war/spiderman. 4 games for the whole gen.

now its scraps until the ps5. last of us will be a dual system launch. ps4 version will be the ghetto version.

sony ending the gen horribly.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

No PSX, No E3 and now PlayStation Fanboys when they realize Last of Us 2 is actually a PS5 Game.

2019 will be sparse. But don't worry biased game media will say "It's Genius"

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
@SecretPolice said:
@blackballs said:
@Pedro said:
@blackballs said:

I love a random internet poster on a system wars forum whom is a rabid lemming trying to predict the launch of a play station exclusive.

That's odd, the OP is a Sony loyalist.

He's a traitor, like Trump.

Lolol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

“Sony Skipping PSX and E3 gives them a chance to avoid being directly asked for dates of their upcoming AAAs.”

You think Sony is giving up exposure in order to dodge the press?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Sony can easily just coast the rest of this gen. They dominated by crushing the Xbone and Wii U early on and only now at the end of their gen do they have any competition with the Switch. If anything I can imagine some PS4 owners adding a Switch to their collection since it seems like a great combo to have considering the variety in games and the portable aspect. Next gen should be interesting.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tgob89

@goldenelementxl said:

“Sony Skipping PSX and E3 gives them a chance to avoid being directly asked for dates of their upcoming AAAs.”

You think Sony is giving up exposure in order to dodge the press?

it's 100% certain that IF they were to hold those events everyone in the gaming media would be expecting them to announce dates for AT LEAST TLOU2 and it they didn't they'd get railed for it by everyone. The Media, game sites, Anti-sony fanboys AND Sony fans...because WE all expect TLOU 2 to release in 2019!

By announcing they're not holding shows, it subtly frees them from being pinned down for when they will have to announce those releases. This tactic kind of leaves everyone in suspense but still pacified because Sony DID announced they will hold their own show 2019 so we're all going to wait for that show...Sony just didn't say WHEN they'd hold that event!

And that's how they avoid being pressured to give dates for anything now or near future.

If they hold a show like I expect close to the end of the year the blow will be softened for when they announce a 2020 release date because they will dazzle us all with their shiny new PS5 reveal.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts

@tgob89: "2018" and "Early 2018" aren't OFFICIAL release dates, and by official I mean a specific month and day the games are releasing.

Their official release dates were announced a few months before they dropped.

Sony doesn't need E3 or PSX to announce official release dates for their games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Honestly, even if PS4 does everything wrong in 2019, and Xbox does everything right, I doubt World Wide sales change, and doubt Xbox outsells them in any category as far as consoles go.

I just don't think MS has the proper marketing to be sales leader. PS4 has the street cred and can easily ride that for a whole year, even if Days Gone and Dreams are a bust.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@zaryia said:

meh , not into movie games

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tgob89

@kenshiro3948 said:

@tgob89: "2018" and "Early 2018" aren't OFFICIAL release dates, and by official I mean a specific month and day the games are releasing.

You're missing the point genius....

It doesn't matter if those games weren't given SPECIFIC release dates...

Gears 5 E3 2018 trailer!

Loading Video...

See that ^ Underneath the Gears 5 logo? Yeah!!!!

Gears 5 doesn't have a specific release date either but everyone knows it's coming out 2019! Point is everyone knew GOW and Spiderman were 2018 games!

I feel like I'm arguing with a lemming here.

Dude you're basically lying to yourself to make arguments that are FALSE.

You claimed, God of War and Spiderman didn't get any release dates until 2018, as proven with my E3 2017 trailers for both games that's a lie! DEAL WITH IT!

My argument never revolved around "specific" release dates (dumb deflection) it revolved around the YEAR the games were going to release, just like TLOU2.

Here's what you're going to have to accept to continue this discussion:

At E3 2017 EVERYONE knew both God of War and Spiderman were 2018 games after their trailers, FACT!

contrary to..

As of Dec 2018...NO ONE can confirm if TLOU2 is a 2019 game. Furthermore Sony cancelled PSX 2018 and E3 2019 which may even further delay a release date announcement. You're arguing on fumes.

Your God of War and Spiderman examples simply FAILED and failed royally! Anything else?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tgob89

@saltslasher said:

Honestly, even if PS4 does everything wrong in 2019, and Xbox does everything right, I doubt World Wide sales change, and doubt Xbox outsells them in any category as far as consoles go.

I just don't think MS has the proper marketing to be sales leader. PS4 has the street cred and can easily ride that for a whole year, even if Days Gone and Dreams are a bust.

What you just said...is something Sony also realize!

The important thing for Sony now is to secure their future stronghold on the market with PS5. Same thing MS is thinking with Xbox Two/Scarlett!

Nothing significant is going to change for this generation of consoles with an 85 to 40 million disparity and virtually one year to go before the next generation of consoles release.

Everyone can easily accept that Halo Infinite is going to be for NextBox but can't wrap their head around the idea that the same may apply for TLOU2. Like Halo for MS, TLOU is Sony's current strongest franchise.

Why wouldn't you release your newest system for the upcoming generation at the same time as your most noteworthy franchise? Worked for Nintendo...twice!

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@zaryia said:

Yeah we cows aren't into 2d indie garbage like you hermits since we have actual AAA exclusives unlike you. LOL

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kenshiro3948
@tgob89 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

You're missing the point genius....

It doesn't matter if those games weren't given SPECIFIC release dates...

Gears 5 E3 2018 trailer!

See that ^ Underneath the Gears 5 logo? Yeah!!!!

Gears 5 doesn't have a specific release date either but everyone knows it's coming out 2019! Point is everyone knew GOW and Spiderman were 2018 games!

I feel like I'm arguing with a lemming here.

Dude you're basically lying to yourself to make arguments that are FALSE.

You claimed, God of War and Spiderman didn't get any release dates until 2018, as proven with my E3 2017 trailers for both games that's a lie! DEAL WITH IT!

My argument never revolved around "specific" release dates (dumb deflection) it revolved around the YEAR the games were going to release, just like TLOU2.

Here's what you're going to have to accept to continue this discussion:

At E3 2017 EVERYONE knew both God of War and Spiderman were 2018 games after their trailers, FACT!

contrary to..

As of Dec 2018...NO ONE can confirm if TLOU2 is a 2019 game. Furthermore Sony cancelled PSX 2018 and E3 2019 which may even further delay a release date announcement. You're arguing on fumes.

Your God of War and Spiderman examples simply FAILED and failed royally! Anything else?

The same way everyone knew Uncharted 4 was coming in 2015 or Days Gone would be launching in 2018 eh?

Delays happen, nothing is official until a specific date and month is given, genius. Games get delayed all the time when just a year of release is given.

Sony doesn't need a conference to drop the release dates of those games. They've shown these games plenty enough, all they need now is an official release date trailer and an ad campaign. Until Sony shows their hand at whatever conference they have planned next year nothing is certain and your predictions are baseless. The prudent thing to do is to wait and see, as Sony is certainly not playing by their usual norms going forward. They are choosing to be unpredictable and the best thing to do when a company like Sony isn't following their norms is to wait and see and not make wild predictions.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I think TLOU2 will release on Ps4 and then later on Ps5. There's little (no) chance of it being a Ps5 exclusive. Therefor it won't drive sales for Ps5, you need proper exclusives for that. So I think it would be better to release it in 2019 and then resell the remaster in 2020. Basically what they did with TLOU1. If you release TLOU2 in 2020 as a cross-gen title it will basically be a blocker for next gen, or at least not help it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Who needs Last of us when we have Resident Evil games that are far less cinematic.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By tgob89

@kenshiro3948 said:

The same way everyone knew Uncharted 4 was coming in 2015 or Days Gone would be launching in 2017 eh?

Delays happen, nothing is official until a specific date and month is given, genius. Games get delayed all the time when just a year of release is given.

Sony doesn't need a conference to drop the release dates of those games. They've shown these games plenty enough, all they need now is an official release date trailer and an ad campaign. Until Sony shows their hand at whatever conference they have planned next year nothing is certain and your predictions are baseless. The prudent thing to do is to wait and see, as Sony is certainly not playing by their usual norms going forward. They are choosing to be unpredictable and the best thing to do when a company like Sony isn't following their norms is to wait and see and not make wild predictions.

lol now you're making excuses and even contradicting yourself.

for example:

"nothing is official until a specific date and month is given, genius. Games get delayed all the time when just a year of release is given."

lol yes, games get delayed all the time...but I didn't know that was limited to when just a release year for a game is given!

So you're saying when games have a specific date and month given they don't get delayed????? ;) you sure about that?

lol you can't have it both ways. Yes, games are delayed all the time but that doesn't change the point of when a game was projected to release. Also weather a year or a specific date and month is given makes no difference, we've seen delays happen in any situations up to the point of all out cancellations.

Looks like you're going to have to continue to move goal posts to try to get your argument to stick. As of yet you're not doing too well.

Once again games are delayed in ANY situation, so what's the point of bringing delays up here as deflection to why TLOU2 hasn't even got a projected year?

Let's cut the BS, All release dates do is tell us when the publisher and developer EXPECT their game to be released, that holds true whether it's a Year announcement or a specific date...sometimes they are forced to adjust those expectations and change the year, season or specific date.

If Gears 5 doesn't release in 2019 that will be a CHANGE in their projections, but they actually GAVE you their projection for the games release, 2019!

What's Sony's projection for TLOU2's release...Year, season, month, day anything? You choose.

That's right, you can't even delay TLOU2 because it's not even projected by Sony to release in 2019.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By kenshiro3948

@tgob89: A release date with a specific day is more reliable than a year. You’re the one contradicting yourself. Your thread is based on pure guesses and takes from your ass, nothing more. I’m not saying I’m right for sure, I’m just saying your thread title is foolish and premature. Best thing to do is to wait and see exactly what Sony has planned. Pulling out your crystal ball doesn’t make any sense especially when Sony is making unpredictable moves going into 2019. You cannot say with certainty that Sony is delaying the release of TLOU2 till 2020 until they come out and say so themselves. A few months ago everyone was certain that Sony was going to be at PSX 2018 and E3 2019 and look how that changed. You can’t say what Sony has planned for the future because right now we are in uncharted waters. Sony is clearly doing things differently this time and it’s better to wait and see what they have planned before making predictions Nostradamus.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Yeah the guy who has been breaking all the sony leaks like Sony skipping E3 mentioned Death Stranding, The Last Of Us 2 and Ghosts would all be held back for PS5 launch but also still release on PS4. So might not be much action till Ps5 but will still hopefully be able to play those games on PS4 when PS5 launches.

In the downtime, Sony can hopefully build up its services and add more value to Ps Now. Would be killer if Sony announced all games ps2/ps3 with multiplayer enabled on PS Now. Can only imagine socom like master chief edition release.... twisted metals, resistance series...

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

Sadly Sony has nothing for us cows in 2019 :(

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By tgob89

@Sushiglutton said:

I think TLOU2 will release on Ps4 and then later on Ps5. There's little (no) chance of it being a Ps5 exclusive. Therefor it won't drive sales for Ps5, you need proper exclusives for that. So I think it would be better to release it in 2019 and then resell the remaster in 2020. Basically what they did with TLOU1. If you release TLOU2 in 2020 as a cross-gen title it will basically be a blocker for next gen, or at least not help it.

Another dumb argument that is already proven wrong by history and reality...

No need to argue with your opinion

Zelda BOTW releasing Day and date on Switch release as well as Wii U and Switch still having a record launch sales >>>>>> your flimsy theory

Same Applies to Twilight Princess.

Next time you try to make an argument don't forget reality. Nintnedo already proved your argument wrong...twice.

Next argument.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@knight-k said:
@zaryia said:

Yeah we cows aren't into 2d indie garbage

But PC has the widest range of (genres) and largest amount of non "2d indie" games this generation. So if you're not into 2d indie garbage, PC is still the best option. This goes for both total and high scoring, and can be corroborated via Gamespot and Metacritic.

But speaking more on target and topic, PCs biggest hyped games for 2019 are not "2d indie", and sure as hell not "movie games" either. So like I said, "Meh, not into movie games". I'm personally not into games designed specifically for people who don't play video games often or at all.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@zaryia said:
@knight-k said:
@zaryia said:

Yeah we cows aren't into 2d indie garbage

But PC has the widest range of (genres) and largest amount of non "2d indie" games this generation. So if you're not into 2d indie garbage, PC is still the best option. This goes for both total and high scoring, and can be corroborated via Gamespot and Metacritic.

But speaking more on target and topic, PCs biggest hyped games for 2019 are not "2d indie", and sure as hell not "movie games" either. So like I said, "Meh, not into movie games". I'm personally not into games designed specifically for people who don't play video games often or at all.

Strong cope.

Keep on beggin for RDR 2 hermit. And you were owned enough now with lists, when it comes to the best games this gen, it's PS4.

Come back when a PC exclusive wins GOTY, LOL!

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I still think PS5 releases holiday 2019. And all the big games except death stranding releases next year with TLOU being a PS5 launch title.(also playable on PS4)

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I love exclusives but in-between them are also great 3rd party games. Most of my time right now is filled with Destiny 2 Forsaken(not base game because that kinda sucked).

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zaryia
@knight-k said:

Keep on beggin for RDR 2 hermit.

Goal Post Move. We were discussing how you were wrong about 2D Indies, as PC is still first place without those.

However, thank you for beta testing RDR2 like you did with GTAV, which was substantially better played on PC. Like most video games. Like most of PS4s library is.

@knight-k said:

And you were owned enough now with lists, when it comes to the best games this gen, it's PS4.

Owned with lists? PC has 100 more high scoring titles over PS4 this gen at MC. Around 80 at Gamespot.

Facts > Feelings.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Another dumb argument that is already proven wrong by history and reality...

No need to argue with your opinion

Zelda BOTW releasing Day and date on Switch release as well as Wii U and Switch still having a record launch sales >>>>>> your flimsy theory

Same Applies to Twilight Princess.

Next time you try to make an argument don't forget reality. Nintnedo already proved your argument wrong...twice.

Next argument.

I will consider reality next time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c203f71675ff
deactivated-5c203f71675ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5c203f71675ff
Member since 2018 • 231 Posts

The thread is about PS4 and TLOU2, an user can't help himself and spout PC nonsense in the thread... Pathetic.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

This thread is the literal example of a group of hobos mocking the people coming out of an all you can eat buffet, already stuffed from dining to their hearts' content, because they're not going to have anything to eat for the rest of the evening.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#88 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Nice theory I guess?

Don't mind.

Many other games to play.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Zaryia
@mariah_eater said:

The thread is about PS4 and TLOU2, an user can't help himself and spout PC nonsense in the thread... Pathetic.

1. Lmao at that grammar. Did you have a brain aneurysm?

2. This thread was posted in System Wars. Not the Playstation section. It's open to criticism, I opined how PS4s crappy 2019 line-up is mostly awaiting a non-gamer Movie Game. Then he went completely off-topic with indies and whatever.

I noticed most of your posts in this section is being mad at people for posting SW material. Change forums?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5c203f71675ff

@zaryia: ...resorting to insult people is so lame, well, I can't expect nothing less from someone that's always so triggered like you...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cab66ac558b0
deactivated-5cab66ac558b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5cab66ac558b0
Member since 2018 • 78 Posts

Meh never cared for TLOU 2 anyways, didn't like the first one

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zaryia
@mariah_eater said:

@zaryia: ...resorting to insult people is so lame, well, I can't expect nothing less from someone that's always so triggered like you...

ReCloud. You are his alt. Complaining about people posting SW stuff in SW, then playing the victim card and completely changing the topic.

Back on topic. Lol movie games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5c203f71675ff

@zaryia: I'm really not getting into this argument with you, I see no point in doing it, have a good night.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@kenshiro3948 said:
@tgob89 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

That's cute, I still remember when people believed there was no way Spiderman and GOW would be launching before 2019 and look how that turned out. Nothing is set in stone and Sony holds their release date close to the chest these days. We didn't know anything about GOW or Spiderman's release date till the last few months before they released. It's unwise to make predictions like this OP. Wait until at least Sony holds a conference next year before making wild predictions like this based on no evidence.

Except It's not an unwise prediction.

Everything I'm saying is logical.

If it doesn't happen that way, fantastic, however more signs point to me being right than blindly expecting something that has not been promised.

Also, both GOW and Spiderman had tentative 2018 release windows E3 2017!

Might want to check your fact sheet on that one bud.

I'm not talking about what people "believe" I'm talking facts....it's December 2018 and Sony has given no release dates for any of their big 3 AAA and the year is quickly coming to an end...but they have announced No PSX and No E3 2019! Let it sink in!

Bruh, Sony didn't give release dates for GOW and Spiderman in December 2017 either. Making future predictions based on the fact Sony hasn't given release dates for their upcoming blockbuster releases by saying they haven't released anything now isn't prudent based on their recent history. Lack of E3 or PSX doesn't matter as GOW's and Spiderman's release dates weren't announced at either of those conferences (or any conference for that matter). Sony didn't need a conference to announce Spiderman or GOW's release dates, they just came out of the blue and dropped their release dates with accompanying media blitz.

Spiderman's release datewas also announced in April 2018 outside of any conference.

Sony DOES NOT need E3 or PSX to announce release dates for their already announced games. They can announce them 3 or even 5 months before the games drop just like they did with Spiderman and GOW.

Lovers quarrel I see? I guess the honeymoon is over between you 2?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zaryia
@mariah_eater said:

@zaryia: I'm really not getting into this argument with you, I see no point in doing it, have a good night.

Goodnight recloud.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
@tgob89 said:

leaving PS4 to have sub-par next gen attempts like Killzone SF and Knack!!!

Take back what you said about Knack you heathen!!

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Nobody on this thread has addressed the elephant in the room. What the Hell is Sony going to launch with if all these games are cross gen? If exclusives matter than why would anyone buy a PS5?

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kenshiro3948
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@tgob89 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

That's cute, I still remember when people believed there was no way Spiderman and GOW would be launching before 2019 and look how that turned out. Nothing is set in stone and Sony holds their release date close to the chest these days. We didn't know anything about GOW or Spiderman's release date till the last few months before they released. It's unwise to make predictions like this OP. Wait until at least Sony holds a conference next year before making wild predictions like this based on no evidence.

Except It's not an unwise prediction.

Everything I'm saying is logical.

If it doesn't happen that way, fantastic, however more signs point to me being right than blindly expecting something that has not been promised.

Also, both GOW and Spiderman had tentative 2018 release windows E3 2017!

Might want to check your fact sheet on that one bud.

I'm not talking about what people "believe" I'm talking facts....it's December 2018 and Sony has given no release dates for any of their big 3 AAA and the year is quickly coming to an end...but they have announced No PSX and No E3 2019! Let it sink in!

Bruh, Sony didn't give release dates for GOW and Spiderman in December 2017 either. Making future predictions based on the fact Sony hasn't given release dates for their upcoming blockbuster releases by saying they haven't released anything now isn't prudent based on their recent history. Lack of E3 or PSX doesn't matter as GOW's and Spiderman's release dates weren't announced at either of those conferences (or any conference for that matter). Sony didn't need a conference to announce Spiderman or GOW's release dates, they just came out of the blue and dropped their release dates with accompanying media blitz.

Lovers quarrel I see? I guess the honeymoon is over between you 2?

What are you talking about? He and I are having a simple disagreement. There are no personal insults between us because I still respect him as a poster even though he and I are disagreeing on this subject. People can still be friends and have disagreements, it's only on SW that I see people trying to turn video game arguments into personal insults because they are too butthhurt and immature to argue like adults.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By tgob89

@the-a-baum said:

Nobody on this thread has addressed the elephant in the room.What the Hell is Sony going to launch with if all these games are cross gen? If exclusives matter than why would anyone buy a PS5?

There is no Elephant rodent...I've already addressed your gripe or rather covered the situation in my OP.

Cross gen games can still be exclusive to a brand and used to push a new systems sales if they are highly respected franchises. Come back to reality

This is in my OP!

@tgob89 said:

A few things:

5. Nintendo has shown Sony a winning formula for releasing MAJOR cross-gen games day and date of the launch of new systems.

Does being an xbot also make you illiterate as well as slow? Learn to read, talking about elephants...

Zelda Breath Of The Wild is a cross-gen game and was used as THE GAME to push Switch's sales at launch!

Nintendo Switch

The Nintendo Switch was unveiled in October 2016 and was released in most areas worldwide on March 3, 2017.[a] The console shipped nearly three million in the first month of its launch, exceeding Nintendo's initial projection of two million,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch

THIS ^ was the result!

lol talking bout "what is Sony going to launch with if all these games are cross gen" As if a game being a cross gen exclusive won't push sales. If you have no high demand franchises like the X did you might have a point.

Next argument.

It's no one's fault if MS hasn't invested in quality games this gen, nor have any current games in development that can motivate people to purchase the newest hardware to play the best version of a brands most popular franchise.

TLOU remastered alone sold 1M in 24hrs.

If xbox doesn't have any quality to games that can actually leverage a new systems sales like Sony and Nintendo can you should go cry to MS. Don't try to change the narrative as if a brand exclusive cross-gen titles can't push a new system sales. They already have!

That's a dead elephant.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Nobody on this thread has addressed the elephant in the room. What the Hell is Sony going to launch with if all these games are cross gen? If exclusives matter than why would anyone buy a PS5?

If the PS5 will indeed launch in 2020, then Sony already has several studios working on games for it. There would be no point in letting the public know about those games so early.