Are PS3 owners real gamers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xbox_PWNS_YOU
Member since 2004 • 939 Posts

I don't consider the NGage a real gaming system because it has nothing worth playing on it. Consequently, people who only have an NGage are not real gamers. There isn't any question that the PS3 also has nothing worth playing, not AAAs, no System Sellers, no must-have games. Does this mean that people that only have a PS3 are not real gamers?

Then, PS3 owners will only become real gamers mid-late 2008 when MGS4 and FF13 are released.

discuss

Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
This thread is too dumb, seriously...
mangobear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mangobear
Member since 2006 • 1392 Posts
This post ranks high among the stupidist of posts in system wars
a55assin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 a55assin
Member since 2005 • 7603 Posts
Oh grow up...thee is no such thing as a "real gamer". There is a dork, a nerd, and a common fella.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
PS3 are loyal, hardcore gamers. I'm happy they stuck with their brand and didn't give into peer or internet pressure. I wish I was one of them, but I'd have to like...never buy anything else for the whole month.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Ahh, ignorance at its finest.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Are Xbox360 owners real jealous? I don't consider them to be unjealous because if their system is so great, why are they always here ranting about the shortcomings of the PS3? I think they're jealous they can't get their hands on one.
Mystery-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mystery-
Member since 2007 • 2144 Posts
all gamers are "real gamers".......
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

I don't consider the NGage a real gaming system because it has nothing worth playing on it. Consequently, people who only have an NGage are not real gamers. There isn't any question that the PS3 also has nothing worth playing, not AAAs, no System Sellers, no must-have games. Does this mean that people that only have a PS3 are not real gamers?

Then, PS3 owners will only become real gamers mid-late 2008 when MGS4 and FF13 are released.

discuss

Xbox_PWNS_YOU
I have an XBOX 360, a PS3, a PS1, an N64, a GBA, a PSP a library of XBOX 360/XBOX/PS2/PSP/PS1/PS3/GBA games and have been gaming since I was about seven years old. But because I have a PS3 I'm not a real gamer?...
IQ138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 IQ138
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts
Different people have different ideas about what being a real gamer is. It's just a term made to label people so that someone that thinks they are better than others can exclude them by calling themselves a "real gamer."
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

I don't consider the NGage a real gaming system because it has nothing worth playing on it. Consequently, people who only have an NGage are not real gamers. There isn't any question that the PS3 also has nothing worth playing, not AAAs, no System Sellers, no must-have games. Does this mean that people that only have a PS3 are not real gamers?

discuss

Xbox_PWNS_YOU

never mind i wont even bother ..lol..
Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Different people have different ideas about what being a real gamer is. It's just a term made to label people so that someone that thinks they are better than others can exclude them by calling themselves a "real gamer." IQ138

So the congressman who said "I'm a gamer. I played the Pac Man" is a real gamer to you?

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DA_B0MB

[QUOTE="IQ138"]Different people have different ideas about what being a real gamer is. It's just a term made to label people so that someone that thinks they are better than others can exclude them by calling themselves a "real gamer." Xbox_PWNS_YOU

So the congressman who said "I'm a gamer. I played the Pac Man" is a real gamer to you?

Define "real gamer" for us please.
WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts
all gamers are "real gamers".......Mystery-

Are all sports car owners auto enthusiasts?

Next time you see a dentist or his family's accountant driving a Porsche, doing 50mph in the right lane, it will be obvious to you that not all sports car owners are auto enthusiasts.  By the same token, many people who buy consoles aren't in it for the sheer joy of playing great games; many of them are in it just so they can have a hot, gotta-have-it item, so they can be part of the high-tech club.  Truth is, that gotta-have-it item could be any item.  These are the gamers who think annualized sports franchises are cool.
ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

I don't consider the NGage a real gaming system because it has nothing worth playing on it. Consequently, people who only have an NGage are not real gamers. There isn't any question that the PS3 also has nothing worth playing, not AAAs, no System Sellers, no must-have games. Does this mean that people that only have a PS3 are not real gamers?

discuss

elementz28

never mind i wont even bother ..lol..

Yeah... too many answers come to mind... cant decide which ones i have time to write really. I think this thread should go into the most dumb threads hall of fame :D
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 kingyoto
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts

discuss

Xbox_PWNS_YOU
I'd like to vote this dumbest thread of the night.
Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xbox_PWNS_YOU

[QUOTE="Mystery-"]all gamers are "real gamers".......WeeWeeJumbo

Are all sports car owners auto enthusiasts?

Next time you see a dentist or his family's accountant driving a Porsche, doing 50mph in the right lane, it will be obvious to you that not all sports car owners are auto enthusiasts.  By the same token, many people who buy consoles aren't in it for the sheer joy of playing great games; many of them are in it just so they can have a hot, gotta-have-it item, so they can be part of the high-tech club.  Truth is, that gotta-have-it item could be any item.  These are the gamers who think annualized sports franchises are cool.

You just PWNED everybody in this thread.

Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xbox_PWNS_YOU
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

[QUOTE="IQ138"]Different people have different ideas about what being a real gamer is. It's just a term made to label people so that someone that thinks they are better than others can exclude them by calling themselves a "real gamer." DA_B0MB

I'm asking if YOU consider that man a real gamer. Do you?

Flame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flame1
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts

discuss

Xbox_PWNS_YOU
sounds like someones throwing a tantrum cause mommy and daddy didnt buy them a ps3.
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

[QUOTE="IQ138"]Different people have different ideas about what being a real gamer is. It's just a term made to label people so that someone that thinks they are better than others can exclude them by calling themselves a "real gamer." DA_B0MB

people who dont post dumb threads like this
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NuclearFreedom
Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?Vandalvideo
i was joking.......  :)
Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?Vandalvideo

Same as how if you're not American you don't matter.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
yes, i have a PS3, PS2, GC, Wii, NES, SNES, Genisis, GBA, DS, N64, and i've been playing games since i was 3 (14 years) but because i have a PS3 i'm not a real gamer:|
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
Clearly one of the biggest fanboys on this forum.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

[QUOTE="IQ138"]Different people have different ideas about what being a real gamer is. It's just a term made to label people so that someone that thinks they are better than others can exclude them by calling themselves a "real gamer." Xbox_PWNS_YOU

By my standards and what I know about that man, no. But I'm asking you what do you think makes anyone a "real gamer"?
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NuclearFreedom
yes, i have a PS3, PS2, GC, Wii, NES, SNES, Genisis, GBA, DS, N64, and i've been playing games since i was 3 (14 years) but because i have a PS3 i'm not a real gamer:|dante_123456
ROCK ON........lets all be non gamers together and then buy a 360 to become real gamers. /sarcasm (insulting Xbox gamer dude)
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DA_B0MB

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Wow... you did not just say that... :lol:
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rashpal
Member since 2004 • 3781 Posts

discuss

Xbox_PWNS_YOU
The problem with the xbox is it's rooted in the age old thinking that it's all about gaming and gamers. It isn't. Like with anything, if you want mass market success your brand has to appeal as a lifestyle choice. 360 is a hardcore gamers dream but a mass market enigma. Sony has expertly shown how to appeal to a mainstream market while keeping the gaming community happy. I don't think MS have got that balance right yet. For every Mass Effect and Bioshock MS release Sony unveil a Sing Star and Little Big Planet while deliving core gaming IPs like Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword. Is PS3 for real gamers? Of course it is, but it's palette of appeal is a lot broader than that.
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NuclearFreedom
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?DA_B0MB

I guess he did.....YOU sir Xbox_PWNS_YOU puts us AMERICANS TO SHAME OF YOUR IGNORANT YET KINDA RACIST COMMENT
Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xbox_PWNS_YOU
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

By my standards and what I know about that man, no. But I'm asking you what do you think makes anyone a "real gamer"?

You missed the point. Try again.

Flame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flame1
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?DA_B0MB

he is not american. just trying to start sh!t
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?Xbox_PWNS_YOU

How do you know I'm America? Ich komme aus duestchland. :o
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NuclearFreedom

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?Flame1

Nah, hes an Angry-yet-sad Dreamcast fanboy trying to regain his manliness by going with the xbox that ps2 destroyed. Note: hes probably in his room sucking on his dreamcast in a fetus position crying that dreamcast failed. note: i love the dreamcast, dont get me wrong
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

You missed the point. Try again.

I read that whole thing over and cannot see how I missed your point. You have yet to answer my question.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="Flame1"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?NuclearFreedom

Nah, hes an Angry-yet-sad Dreamcast fanboy trying to regain his manliness by going with the xbox that ps2 destroyed. Note: hes probably in his room sucking on his dreamcast in a fetus position crying that dreamcast failed. note: i love the dreamcast, dont get me wrong

DREAMCAST!!!! WHY!?!?! :cry:
Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Xbox_PWNS_YOU

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?NuclearFreedom

I guess he did.....YOU sir Xbox_PWNS_YOU puts us AMERICANS TO SHAME OF YOUR IGNORANT YET KINDA RACIST COMMENT

It's called American Pride. Show some. Its people like you that won't do anything that makes people like us necessary.

ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts
[QUOTE="NuclearFreedom"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

It's called American Pride. Show some. Its people like you that won't do anything that makes people like us necessary.

That comment explains soooo much.
Flame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flame1
[QUOTE="NuclearFreedom"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

its @$$holes like you that make will lead to the end of xbox. i would say downfall but m$ hasnt profited that much in it.
Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xbox_PWNS_YOU
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"][QUOTE="NuclearFreedom"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Aw buggers, guess I'm not a real gamer. *Goes to eat a tub of ice cream and /wirsts* If you own a PS3 and use it to play games how exactly are you not a gamer?Flame1

its @$$holes like you that make will lead to the end of xbox. i would say downfall but m$ hasnt profited that much in it.

Don't worry, the 360 is doing just fine. If you want to worry about a console, worry about the PS3.