Are Lemmings going to defend Fat Princess when it comes out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Thewbacca
Member since 2006 • 3197 Posts

We all know it - a week before Fat Princess launches, we are gonna see controversy fireworks to compete with a GTA release. And thus we're gonna need some form of unification here. We know the game is not misogynistic, nor does it make fun of fat people. However, its still gonna need us to actually distribute some form of sense.

So, Lemmings, which is greater - your hate for the Ps3, or your love of gaming and its advancement?

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
What?
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
I thought the feminists killed that game.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
I thought the feminists killed that game.verbalfilth
I thought they did
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
what the hell :|
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Is this some kind of damage control :?
Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts
WTF?
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
What?chaoz-king
what the hell :|Dante2710
WTF?Blommen
Ya what they said
Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts
Ummm, this was like trying to read graffitti.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Uh...
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

I think everyone needs a refresher on what fat princess is...

...a PSN game being made where players from opposing teams are trying to return their respective princess from the enemy. Its a cutsy art style and violent and feminists came out and made a fuss because a mechanic in the game allows the enemy team to feed your princess with cake thus making her fat and harder to rescue.

His question is will lemmings defend this game as gamers from the criticism of these feminist groups or will they bash it due to their hate for the ps3 seeing how it is a PSN exclusive game?

I think i summed it up well.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#13 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
TC I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
The amount of people who don't understand the TC is rather staggering.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
u mean cows, fat princess is a ps3 game, ergo cows will be defending. ps3 fanboy-cow. wii-sheep. 360-lemming. Or mabe u meant attack instead of defend in the title since you gearing up to defend the game as it seems.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

...a PSN game being made where players from opposing teams are trying to return their respective princess from the enemy. Its a cutsy art style and violent and feminists came out and made a fuss because a mechanic in the game allows the enemy team to feed your princess with cake thus making her fat and harder to rescue.

His question is will lemmings defend this game as gamers from the criticism of these feminist groups or will they bash it due to their hate for the ps3 seeing how it is a PSN exclusive game?

XturnalS
ok but I am still not understanding what being a gamer is a reason why anyone should support this just because they are a gamer. The only thing more annoying then the feminist that are being brought up are people that say gamers should support( insert game name here ) to help the gaming world. Big deal it has some chubby chick in it. That is not some break thru game development. If the game is good then it will be supported by people and that is how it should be. I wish people would stop saying we need to support this game or this console for the good of the gaming world.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
[QUOTE="XturnalS"]

rybe1025

ok but I am still not understanding what being a gamer is a reason why anyone should support this just because they are a gamer. The only thing more annoying then the feminist that are being brought up are people that say gamers should support( insert game name here ) to help the gaming world. Big deal it has some chubby chick in it. That is not some break thru game development. If the game is good then it will be supported by people and that is how it should be. I wish people would stop saying we need to support this game or this console for the good of the gaming world.

I see it as that these games are what we do, how we decide to spend our time and money to entertain ourselves and do what we enjoy because thats how we choose. And if it steps on a couple of peoples toes then so be it because video games are art as far as I am concerned. You don't have to support it but I choose to support someone's idea for a game because they have that right to and because I hate to see ignorant people attack the thing I love to do. Which is what I feel a lot of politicians, among other people do which includes these feminists.

It'd be no different for any other sort of media. My two cents on the issue.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
I dare you to make less sense.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
if the game is good it gets my support. if the game is bad it can be trash for all I care.
MetalRX78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MetalRX78
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
what the hell
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
Except fat princess doesn't advance gaming they took an age old formula put a princess you get fat on it and thats about it.
Its like braid it did not revolutionize the genre but what it did was so well done that it was amazing, it was basically like Super mario world but refined a 1000x times over. not saying fat princess will be refined it will likely be a sloppy crap game.
Solid_Snak3Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solid_Snak3Xx
Member since 2008 • 413 Posts
I do not understand... *walks away slowly looking back *
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I do not understand... *walks away slowly looking back *Solid_Snak3Xx
Fat princess is a GAME, which organizations of feminists are fighting against. So in a sense it's gamers vs feminists, and the TC is asking if lemmings will defend the GAME even though it's PS3 exclusive
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="chaoz-king"]
what the hell :|Dante2710
WTF?Blommen
Ya what they said

Yup.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

god you people it takes like 5 sec. to search for this game.

Instead all of you take up 3/4 of this thread saying nothing but "what" and "huh?" ITS A GAME INCASE YOU WERE TO LAZY TO SEARCH-_-

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
ill defend it to hell and back because i hate people who look for little reason to attack something. RE5 racist? Get over yourselves.
aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aflakian
Member since 2008 • 1557 Posts
The amount of comprehension-iliiterate people in this thread is staggering.
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

if the game is good it gets my support. if the game is bad it can be trash for all I care.too_much_eslim

I believe the TC's point here is that the game shouldn't be "trashed" simply due to the nature of its theme. If Sony allows them to do that, it's a slippery slope for all gaming avenues. 

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

The amount of comprehension-iliiterate people in this thread is staggering.aflakian

god you people it takes like 5 sec. to search for this game.

Instead all of you take up 3/4 of this thread saying nothing but "what" and "huh?" ITS A GAME INCASE YOU WERE TO LAZY TO SEARCH-_-

JangoWuzHere

The OP was worded confusingly, can't blame people for getting a big "Huh" reading it. It has nothing to do with comprehension - simply the TC's lacking ability in getting his point across.

On topic, I'm not going to do anything beside play games, then check back in here and see where's that's got me.

Thewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thewbacca

XturnalS
Yes you did, thank you very much. I foolishly assumed it was more well kno
Thewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Thewbacca

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]if the game is good it gets my support. if the game is bad it can be trash for all I care.Pariah_001

I believe the TC's point here is that the game shouldn't be "trashed" simply due to the nature of its theme. If Sony allows them to do that, it's a slippery slope for all gaming avenues. 

What do you mean "allows them"? How the hell are Sony gonna stop femminists going on Fox or writing long-winded, poorly researched articles and saying that this game is the cause of the misoginy among young males?
Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts

Aww it's soo cute that noone has heard of this game.

I love the idea though should be a lot of fun. Sorta reminds me of TF2

and as these replies have shown, lems aren't gonna get up in arms when this comes out.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Yeah I'll help I'll give out T-shirts with "Get a sense of humour fatty!" written on.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 McManus107
Member since 2008 • 6356 Posts
For all those who still don't understand,TC is asking lemmings will they defend the game even though it's a PSN game
Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts

XturnalS
oooooo, now I get it. and yes, that is an interesting question. hmmm... let's see what the fanboys say.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
As I said Fat princess does not advance gaming, like Braid it takes an old formula and updates it, but unlike braid where that old formula is literally refined to art type levels and is a good thing fat princess will likely be a slapped together game that will give me a few minutes enjoyment before i get bored.

as for that people need to learn every thing is based upon the male/female dynamic every thing we do as a species is.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
why dont people understand this question? i dont think its that hard to understand
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
i understand the question im just not sure why he asked. hell will PS3 owners defend the game? is it still on peoples radar? i havent heard of this feminist controversy, but i only own a 360 and i guess i,ll defend the game. looks like its gonna be fun and it seems harmless.
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts
As I said Fat princess does not advance gaming, like Braid it takes an old formula and updates it, but unlike braid where that old formula is literally refined to art type levels and is a good thing fat princess will likely be a slapped together game that will give me a few minutes enjoyment before i get bored.

as for that people need to learn every thing is based upon the male/female dynamic every thing we do as a species is.
WilliamRLBaker
Can you go a post without bashing the PS3 in some way? Or is it literally in your system to bash it every single post? As for the Topic, which contrary to half of this thread, is perfectly easy to understand. I think most Lemmings will carry on bashing the game, I highly doubt many will even consider the impact it could have on gaming in general if Feminists can cause a negative impact on it's production.
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

What do you mean "allows them"? How the hell are Sony gonna stop femminists going on Fox or writing long-winded, poorly researched articles and saying that this game is the cause of the misoginy among young males?Thewbacca
"Allow" as in not defend the product and allow themselves to be pressured to get rid of the game.

And if anything, they're gonna whine on MSNBC. Not Fox.

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
if the game is good it gets my support. if the game is bad it can be trash for all I care.too_much_eslim
This. It sounds fun though, and I believe devs should be able to make what they want, so if it's half decent I'll definately support it.
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts
I keep forgetting about this game and then remebering it, I wish it would come out.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

WilliamRLBaker
Do you have a PS3? Just asking because if you do, I have to ask, "Why do you have a PS3?" All you ever do is complain 24/7. Why not sell it? :?