Are Knack and KZ really that bad?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I'm having as much fun with them as dead rising or forza i would imagine. infamous and drive club coming as well as mlb the show. Xbox one has titanfall and dark souls 2 on the horizon. Seem to be pretty even. I like the ps4 stuff more personally.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Celtic_34

I didn't buy knack luckily. i got killzone and nba 2k14 with it to tide me over for the next couple months. I'm having as much fun with this as i would with the xbone i'd imagine. Don't want all of microsofts bs.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Dark Souls 2 isn't on Xbone. 360 and ps3.

But I've been enjoying Knack and KZ more than Forza and Dead Rising.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I enjoyed Killzone and haven't played Knack but no, they aren't bad. It's just system wars morons. Every exclusive for every system is bad in system wars.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Telekill said:

I enjoyed Killzone and haven't played Knack but no, they aren't bad. It's just system wars morons. Every exclusive for every system is bad in system wars.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Knack is terrible.

Knack is not very good. I don't think it's a "4", but it's not a 7 either. I'd probably give it a 6, which is close to my Ryse score. The fact that the game's FPS drops to 14fps at times and was made by the man (Mark Cerny) who helped create the PS4 hardware is just sad. This game should have been 1080p 60fps and running like butter. The graphics are ok, but no where near next-gen. The game could have been done on the PS3.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Celtic_34

@xboxdone74 said:

why does gamespot list dark souls 2 as a xbox one game? I agree though. Plus all those indie titles coming in the next few months. The ps4 lineup seems stronger without the fluff. I sold my ps3 and 360 to pay for it which im regretting somewhat but seems worth it. IT does everything i want it to which is play games. I'm thinking of upgrading my pc but my pc runs strategy games and the like just fine...... The ps4 as far as graphic stuff in games looks really beautiful and runs really fast. KZ looks as good as anything out right now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

Both are great games I think. I'm still playing through Knack, but so far I'm loving it.

And I'm planning another play-through of Killzone soon.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

why does gamespot list dark souls 2 as a xbox one game? I agree though. Plus all those indie titles coming in the next few months. The ps4 lineup seems stronger without the fluff. I sold my ps3 and 360 to pay for it which im regretting somewhat but seems worth it. IT does everything i want it to which is play games. I'm thinking of upgrading my pc but my pc runs strategy games and the like just fine...... The ps4 as far as graphic stuff in games looks really beautiful and runs really fast.

Must be a Gamespot error, but so far the Game will release next year for the Ps3/Xbox360/PC. They haven't said anything about making a port to next gen.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

I really liked Knack. Played through it, looking forward to play it every time i booted it up. I genuinely dont get the hate that game receives.

Killzone is that bad, yes.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Celtic_34

They serve the purpose of filling these 2 months though until more stuff comes out. i like to stick to 1 or 2 games anyways and play through them for a few months then get something else. They are good launch titles imo. Knack is fun. So is Killzone multiplayer. Just mindless fun and good graphics and gameplay. Not the most sophisticated shooter or platformer but nice nonetheless.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

I'm having as much fun with them as dead rising or forza i would imagine. infamous and drive club coming as well as mlb the show. Xbox one has titanfall and dark souls 2 on the horizon. Seem to be pretty even. I like the ps4 stuff more personally.

on an overall basis yes knack is that bad. KZ isn't terrible but its below average and has to compete with 2 better shooters (BF4 and CoD) but still just because a game is considered bad by most, doesn't mean some people can't enjoy them. But lets be honest, if knack was on PS3 only, would anyone have purchased it? probably not, it'll be free with PSN+ by the end of 2014

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

I'm enjoying them both.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Knack is a good game, ita fun and not serious, the game couldn't of been done on ps3, the guys made up so many small pieces which you can see straight through this could of never been done on ps3, mark derby already stated you never made the game to be a graphical powerhouse or the greatest game he's made a game for new gamers and a throwback to old platformers and that's what it is, we have all come acustomed to if a game isn't realistic graphics or a fps or a powerhouse in story telling its no good, but what it does do well is tells a good story and its a simple nice platformer 6/10, not played killzone yet but I'll tell you when I get it and complete it.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

KZ is fine. It's not as good as some others, but it's a solid MP shooter and it's quite pretty.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

I really enjoyed Killzone. Was a solid 8.5 in my book.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Celtic_34

@bezza2011 said:

Knack is a good game, ita fun and not serious, the game couldn't of been done on ps3, the guys made up so many small pieces which you can see straight through this could of never been done on ps3, mark derby already stated you never made the game to be a graphical powerhouse or the greatest game he's made a game for new gamers and a throwback to old platformers and that's what it is, we have all come acustomed to if a game isn't realistic graphics or a fps or a powerhouse in story telling its no good, but what it does do well is tells a good story and its a simple nice platformer 6/10, not played killzone yet but I'll tell you when I get it and complete it.

I agree. It's like playing a pixar video game. Closer than last gen. It's just missing those bells and whistles. I think we overrate other games sometimes when knack could have gotten an 8 and people would be saying how great it is.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

KZSF is pretty awesome. Knack looks and plays okay justnot my type of game but I can see why some people might really enjoy it.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

KZSF is an 8 for me
, havn't played Knack, i have no plan getting it

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

Haven't played Knack but I'd say KZ is worse than the reviewers let on. Easily the worst in the series.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

xbox one getting dark souls 2?

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I loved KZ. I rented Knack, and that made me decide to buy it later.

I think they're both pretty great games.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

KZ is terrible. Haven't played knack and have zero desire to to ever play knack.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

speaking of sony exclusives I cant wait for sony bends game.......hopefully it is syphon filter, **** uncharted......

not to be out done I can wait for quantum break, I just hope it ditches xbox one for pc at least in the future,

man is it going to sting me to avoid that game because of xbox one being shit

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#26 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Knack wasn't supposed to be that good, but Killzone is supposed to have excellent multiplayer; however, its campaign got panned.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Knack is just a little niche launch game, for a specific audience, was made by a smaller team, no hype behind it.

Shadowfall is a good game, it's just in a genre that most of us are sick and tired of at this point, incredible technical achievement.

Infamous is the big game coming, Drive Club and The Order looks nice too.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Killzone is good. It could have been a lot better if it were more balanced online in the classes and abilities. But that's why it's a launch game, it didn't have the luxury of a strong beta. It's by far the best looking next gen game IMO, obliterates BF4(console version)

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Both are ok, Killzone more so than Knack

It's criminal that Knack is outselling SM3D in any region of the world

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

while i'm sure the MP in Shadowfall is FAR from flawless, I have only ever heard people complaining of its campaign and it makes me wonder just how much worse is it than a COD campaign or a BF campaign? (BF campaigns being so terrible IMO i NEVER finish them)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

No, they're not bad. I played Knack at a friends place, and it was a lot of fun. People are way over exaggerating it. The graphics are nice and it's a fun action beat-em-up game. It's no blockbuster hit, but it's definitely by no means bad. Killzone I can't really comment on because I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen the multiplayer seems exceptional and the single player delivers lots of great action moments. Sure the story wasn't the greatest, but I doubt anyone expected a ground breaking story coming from killzone. The only enjoyable killzone campaign I've played was 2's, and let's be honest, killzone 2 was really special.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@handssss said:

while i'm sure the MP in Shadowfall is FAR from flawless, I have only ever heard people complaining of its campaign and it makes me wonder just how much worse is it than a COD campaign or a BF campaign? (BF campaigns being so terrible IMO i NEVER finish them)

It had some cool parts and some boring ones. There were far too many instances though in Killzone SF's campaign where it was not clear what to do or where to go. You can even tap up on the dpad and it will tell you exactly where to go, but even that didn't help for some of the missions. It was weird

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rockinpapa
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

As much as I've seen Knack reviews and gameplays, Knack isn't a bad game it's just made for auditory of kids and familly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Knack... Sony wish they could make amazing masterpieces like Nintendo franchises but they fail every time. As for Knack selling more than the latest Mario game, well it can have the PS4's success to thank for that.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Knack is good, the story is meh, so is the writing. However the gameplay (platforming and combat, ect) all remind me of Crash Bandicoot and early PS1+PS2 platformers (which I love).
If you can get past that, then it's a solid game

Killzone's Singleplayer is all right, nothing great, just good. And but the online multiplayer is where it really shines. I love it.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Knack = not good.

Forza = good.

Not comparable.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

Knack looks like a boring, generic, uninspired platformer, but I haven't played it yet so I can't say for sure.

Killzone SF on the other hand I recently got used and will be returning it, it is a dull, bland, generic and uninspiried shooter

At least KZ2 had fun mechanics that made the multiplayer a blast. Shadowfall had the same problem as KZ3 in that it's too COD Like.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@renegade311 said:

Knack looks like a boring, generic, uninspired platformer, but I haven't played it yet so I can't say for sure.

Killzone SF on the other hand I recently got used and will be returning it, it is a dull, bland, generic and uninspiried shooter

At least KZ2 had fun mechanics that made the multiplayer a blast. Shadowfall had the same problem as KZ3 in that it's too COD Like.

It feels nothing like CoD.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

KZSF is pretty as hell and runs smooth as butter. Sadly it was my first KZ game and turns out I'm not KZ's demographics because I'm not a big multiplayer person and the campaign was just horrible. For all the pretty the gameplay was pretty boring and I found the story poor AND offensive, which is a pretty impressive combination.

I haven't bothered with Knack. I love a good platformer, but everything I'm seeing says it's not a good platformer...

f3r3nzcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 f3r3nzcy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

For me Knack is OK as a single player, the story is quite childish, is good there is a skip option once level is loaded :) The 2 player mode is very annoying, you basically have 1 player + .5 second class player (disappears on cut-scenes, can't trigger switches or scenes, if main player dies you die, they can just disappear you anytime they want). Knack is a "cute" idea, but gets repetitive for any serious gamer.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

@f3r3nzcy:

Similar feelings. I almost bought this to play on my roommates system, but the kiosk at best buy turned me way off. Rental at best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I have no interest in either of them. I had only considered possibly Knack, but I will probably never get it. I am more interested in Infamous: Second Son & DriveClub, as well as the many multi-plats coming out. Then there are the indie exclusives for PlayStation 4 that interest me far more than Knack or Killzone: Shadow Fall ever could, sadly.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I have yet to play Knack, so I can't comment on that, however, I own Killzone and so far have been thoroughly unimpressed. I love my PS4 and think it is fantastic, but I've never liked the Killzone IP. To me, I never get why Sony pushes it but doesn't push the inFamous and Resistance IP's as much. (Although infamous is getting a little more with SS) I just thought that Killzone has great graphics with mediocre gameplay and poor MP and story and so far, Shadow Fall doesn't differ from its predecessors

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Knack is terrible.

Knack is pretty back. I had more fun playing Ryse. Still, I don't think Knack or Ryse are a 4 score. KZ:SF is an average FPS. It's a good game, it's not GREAT though. 7.5 score for me.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

My brother loved KNACK and hated KZ. Go figure. Opinions.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@WadeFan:

@WadeFan said:

I have yet to play Knack, so I can't comment on that, however, I own Killzone and so far have been thoroughly unimpressed. I love my PS4 and think it is fantastic, but I've never liked the Killzone IP. To me, I never get why Sony pushes it but doesn't push the inFamous and Resistance IP's as much. (Although infamous is getting a little more with SS) I just thought that Killzone has great graphics with mediocre gameplay and poor MP and story and so far, Shadow Fall doesn't differ from its predecessors

Sony wants SO BAD to have a FPS exclusive. I often wish they'd let killzone go and try something new. They are great games but the world, enemies, and stories are just so bland and boring.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'm sure that they are ok games, but Killzone is a franchise that I can't get into. Hopefully Uncharted 4 comes this year and ends up being really good so PS4 owners will finally have a game worth bragging about.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

When the Legend Of Spyro popularized repetitive beating up of enmies with the same moves over and over and making you fight them all per every 5 feet by putting up random invisible walls or objects in the way until you defeat them, many many games copied it thinking it's a good idea(Sonic unleashed for instance). Knack along with Ryse are the types of games that should not be existing because they are tedious with no replay value for no reason, with most of the games are using artificial means to extend gameplay time.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

From what I've seen, knack is a much lesser version of God of War. It's just a really simple beat em up that offers not much more than wave after wave of repetitive combat.

Killzone looks like another shooter without much separating it from the multitudes of others. Decent, but not spectacular.

Of course I have no hands on experience, but that seems to be the main thought behind these games' reception.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#50  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Knack is horse shit. Pretty much everything wrong with modern games shoe horned into one terrible package (minus tacked on multiplayer, at least).