• 97 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are exclusives a good or bad thing? (94 votes)

I think all games should be available on all systems. 36%
I like console exclusives as long as they come to PC, and vice versa. 11%
I don't mind console only exclusives. 27%
Let the companies do as they wish! 27%

I'm in the boat of console exclusives + PC since it still keeps things competitive. But if all games were available on all systems, I feel like the consoles would not be unique at all. It would be boring and bad for the industry! Your thoughts, SW? Are exclusives a good or bad thing?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#1 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

People hate exclusives when their system of choice does not provide any. And people love them when their system does have them.

Me? PC gamer and I still prefer a system that has them, gives it a purpose. Although, would save me cash if all were available on PC.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I'm kinda fine with first parties. But 3rd party exclusives? Nah.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Anti consumer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

I voted for "Let the companies do as they wish!"

I'm fed up with the closed ecosystem, charging for online and that 30fps nonsense. The only way Sony will ever see my money again is through a proper pc version of their "exclusives". Microsoft actually did a wise move with that, otherwise the only money they'd see from me would be for their gamepads...

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I'm fine with first-party exclusives. That's the only reason I'd buy a console for.

Third-party exclusives are shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I think all games should be available on all systems it's just leaving money on the table for the devs.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Good for fangirls, bad for gamerzz. :P

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think third party devs need to not do exclusives; timed or not. As for first party studios, their exclusives are essentially the reason to buy their system.

The only ones not wanting exclusives are those that want to play them without forking over the money to get the system they're on.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2560 Posts

Let the companies do as they wish!

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

1st party exclusives are good for gamers. It breeds competition and makes console makers create new IPs and put more quality into the games because they have to be good and exciting games to get consumers on the platform.

If console makers didn't have that exclusive competition we would never have games like God of War, Spiderman, Halo, forza, and Mario Kart. Sonic Was even created to combat Mario. None of this would have happened if they didn't have to push gaming to get gamers to pick their console.

Like Random Matt said, people who hate them have chosen a platform that doesn't give them what the competition is offering. It's up to the consumer to buy a product that has something that interests them. It's not up to the console manufacturer to fork over millions of dollars in development costs to develop, advertise, and publish a game then release it to it's direct competition company just because little Timmy is too lazy to get a job or do chores to save and earn a measly 400 bucks for a console.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Good for fangirls, bad for gamerzz. :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45056 Posts
@rmiller365 said:

1st party exclusives are good for gamers. It breeds competition and makes console makers create new IPs and put more quality into the games because they have to be good and exciting games to get consumers on the platform.

If console makers didn't have that exclusive competition we would never have games like God of War, Spiderman, Halo, forza, and Mario Kart. Sonic Was even created to combat Mario. None of this would have happened if they didn't have to push gaming to get gamers to pick their console.

Like Random Matt said, people who hate them have chosen a platform that doesn't give them what the competition is offering. It's up to the consumer to buy a product that has something that interests them. It's not up to the console manufacturer to fork over millions of dollars in development costs to develop, advertise, and publish a game then release it to it's direct competition company just because little Timmy is too lazy to get a job or do chores to save and earn a measly 400 bucks for a console.

Agreed. The market has always been about competition and what vision each company has for a platform. That is exciting to me!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Exclusives are good for competition. Competition is good for gamers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56032 Posts

1st party exclusive games like on Nintendo & Sony are fine, its 3rd-party timely exclusives is the real problem and for that, 3rd-party exclusives shouldn't be a thing at all and looking at you Epic Games.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

I choose the last option: Let companies do as they wish.

Gaming is a privilege and a hobby, not an entitlement as some gamers want.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Exclusivity is a choice

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I love Nintendo exclusives, don't care about Sony and MS exclusives, they're the place to play multiplats

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic

@mtron32 said:

I love Nintendo exclusives, don't care about Sony and MS exclusives, they're the place to play multiplats

Would you be ok with Nintendo games going multiplat?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

No producer in the world care as much about their games as Nintendo and Sony do about their first party exclusives. I think that if there were no exclusives we would miss out on some the highest quality games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69358 Posts

If I like a game, I want everyone to play it. Its particularly shitty recommending a game and it requires the purchase of new hardware. Exclusives just cost gamers more money with NO added benefits.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think all games should be available on all systems.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro
@Sushiglutton said:

No producer in the world care as much about their games as Nintendo and Sony do about their first party exclusives. I think that if there were no exclusives we would miss out on some the highest quality games.

So, they wouldn't make games if they can't make it for their specific platform?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

It sucks for gamers and games when big companies pay for exclusivity. Usually.

This is just an observation.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sushiglutton  Online

@Pedro said:
@Sushiglutton said:

So, they wouldn't make games if they can't make it for their specific platform?

I think they would make different kinds of games.

If you only make games you want to maximize profits on every game. That's how EA thinks. But if you are a platform holder you want to offer unique qualities to get people into your eco system. That's how Nintendo and Sony thinks (and MS are getting their next gen).

The different incentives leads to different games. Sony and Nintendo are more quality focused. They do not care as much about squeezing out that MT-money.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@Sushiglutton said:

If you only make games you want to maximize profits on every game. That's how EA thinks. But if you are a platform holder you want to offer unique qualities to get people into your eco system. That's how Nintendo and Sony thinks (and MS are getting their next gen).

The different incentives leads to different games. Sony and Nintendo are more quality focused. They do not care as much about squeezing out that MT-money.

So, you are saying that Nintendo and Sony do not make games to maximize profits? Also what different games would they make?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Not a fan. Don't like buying up multiple boxes just to play a handful of locked up games. And it's extra annoying when a well designed game suffers technically due to the hardware its locked behind.

Yeah, without exclusives there are some IPs that likely wouldn't exist. Small trade off imo. And in all honesty, that would have been a much bigger deal way back when. The big budget new exclusive IPs these days are typically more like a new coat of paint on some shit we've already had forever. Not like we'd be missing out on something that pushes gaming forward. Look at that Sushi Ghost footage from today for example. Looks fantastic visually. Also looks cookie cutter af from a gameplay standpoint. The industry would have lost nothing if that game didn't exist lol.

Back in the day, had no issues with exclusives. When platforms were wildly different from one another. When you could tell what system a game was on just by seeing and hearing it. And as a result, each system had plenty of its own unique games. So owning all the systems felt worth it.

These days? Basically just buying varying power levels of the same shit, just to have access to a handful of locked up games. And at this point, most of these games would still exist with or without exclusivity. Not like Zelda would suddenly vanish lol.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sushiglutton  Online

@Pedro said:
@Sushiglutton said:

So, you are saying that Nintendo and Sony do not make games to maximize profits? Also what different games would they make?

They do make them to maximize their overall profit of course. But since they are platform holders the math is a bit different. It's much more important for them that their games lead to players buying their platforms. So they want to create unique stuff of the highest quality.

They would make games more similar to EA/Ubisoft/WB. More GaaS types of games. More MP focused. and so on.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@ConanTheStoner said:

Not a fan. Don't like buying up multiple boxes just to play a handful of locked up games. And it's extra annoying when a well designed game suffers technically due to the hardware its locked behind.

Yeah, without exclusives there are some IPs that likely wouldn't exist. Small trade off imo. And in all honesty, that would have been a much bigger deal way back when. The big budget new exclusive IPs these days are typically more like a new coat of paint on some shit we've already had forever. Not like we'd be missing out on something that pushes gaming forward. Look at that Sushi Ghost footage from today for example. Looks fantastic visually. Also looks cookie cutter af from a gameplay standpoint. The industry would have lost nothing if that game didn't exist lol.

Back in the day, had no issues with exclusives. When platforms were wildly different from one another. When you could tell what system a game was on just by seeing and hearing it. And as a result, each system had plenty of its own unique games. So owning all the systems felt worth it.

These days? Basically just buying varying power levels of the same shit, just to have access to a handful of locked up games. And at this point, most of these games would still exist with or without exclusivity. Not like Zelda would suddenly vanish lol.

I can agree with this. These systems are literally just the same systems with difference performance levels. Any game on any system can run on any of the current gen systems. The Switch is the exception in some case because its the weakest of the three but most games can have a Switch version.

Fortunately, exclusives have been trending down and I hope it keeps heading down. Gamers should always be able to pick the platform of their choice and play the games of their choice.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: daaaaammmnnn, taking shots at Ghost of Tsushima. But isn't the setting very unique? Also, what Western made game features a Japanese voice over option? The reliance on environmental cues is pretty cool. Cookie cutter this game is not!

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Whether you like it or not, it's part of the culture. It's always driven sales of systems and will continue to do so for most companies.

I mean sure, it would be great if we always had all products available from all sellers, but you'll never be able to buy a new Ford at a Chevy plant, a Big Mac at Wendy's etc.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@Sushiglutton said:

They do make them to maximize their overall profit of course. But since they are platform holders the math is a bit different. It's much more important for them that their games lead to players buying their platforms. So they want to create unique stuff of the highest quality.

They would make games more similar to EA/Ubisoft/WB. More GaaS types of games. More MP focused. and so on.

So, they are doing what you said EA is doing. Trying to maximize profits. The argument about GaaS is pretty weak argument. The vast majority of games made across the board are not games as a service. Yet, this falsehood is repeated to the point where people actually believe its true. Take any of thee companies portfolio that your are demonizing and you will see the majority of their games are not multiplayer focused.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec561f06de43
deactivated-5ec561f06de43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5ec561f06de43
Member since 2020 • 111 Posts

Bad.

• Well, first and foremost, I have to ask: why? Why do we need or want exclusives? The consumer gains nothing from their existence. Nothing. Maybe bragging rights? But that's dumb.
  • They create false competition; instead of honestly competing based on hardware and other things, they instead take the easy and dishonest way out and simply pay for exclusivity.
  • Forces people to pick a platform they might not otherwise actually want; if you don't like platform A, but all the games you love are on platform A because of exclusivity, you're sort of screwed.
  • Deprives others of access to a game.
  • Not consumer friendly.
  • It's sort of dumb and silly. It's like buying a car not because a car is good, but because if you buy it you get access to a special gas station *shrug*. You should buy a platform because it appeals to you as a platform, not because they've licensed certain game franchises.
  • It just sort of goes against the whole idea of capitalism.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@briguyb13 said:

Whether you like it or not, it's part of the culture. It's always driven sales of systems and will continue to do so for most companies.

I mean sure, it would be great if we always had all products available from all sellers, but you'll never be able to buy a new Ford at a Chevy plant, a Big Mac at Wendy's etc.

You are confusing gaming to the purchasing of cars or food. Gaming is entertainment that is more in line with movies and music. You can play and watch movies on any device of your choice. Shows on Netflix are exclusive to Netflix but Netflix is not exclusive to any particular hardware.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ConanTheStoner  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner: daaaaammmnnn, taking shots at Ghost of Tsushima. But isn't the setting very unique? Also, what Western made game features a Japanese voice over option? The reliance on environmental cues is pretty cool. Cookie cutter this game is not!

Oh yeah, I definitely said gameplay man.

Setting isn't exactly unique lol. Incredibly well done tho. Don't think a western game having Japanese VO is earth shattering, but that's cool, not criticizing that at all.

Environment cues, while appreciated, are just a coat of paint on existing systems.

Very much getting away from my point tho. As a game, it's gameplay systems, the way you interact in Sushi Ghost... yes, what they showed us is very much cookie cutter. And that's fine. Not even shitting on the game really. My point is that the industry wouldn't be at a loss without this exclusive existing.

Anyways, was just an example that was fresh on my mind. As I said in the lounge, would like to be wrong about this game, and will watch more footage as it comes. Hoping there's more to its gameplay than what was shown. Because I'd hate for that setting with those production values to be wasted on something so bog standard.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh yeah, I definitely said gameplay man.

Setting isn't exactly unique lol. Incredibly well done tho. Don't think a western game having Japanese VO is earth shattering, but that's cool, not criticizing that at all.

Environment cues, while appreciated, are just a coat of paint on existing systems.

Very much getting away from my point tho. As a game, it's gameplay systems, the way you interact in Sushi Ghost... yes, what they showed us is very much cookie cutter. And that's fine. Not even shitting on the game really. My point is that the industry wouldn't be at a loss without this exclusive existing.

Anyways, was just an example that was fresh on my mind. As I said in the lounge, would like to be wrong about this game, and will watch more footage as it comes. Hoping there's more to its gameplay than what was shown. Because I'd hate for that setting with those production values to be wasted on something so bog standard.

But what if it does become a success. What if it gives Assassins Creed a run for its money and inspires Ubisoft to make better games? What if it leads to more samurai games? What if people like those visual ques and developers adopt similar things? What if the combat has interesting twists to it? What if people like that film grainy look lol. Maybe the story will.be incredible. I get it, you don't see any of that lol..but saying the industry would be fine without it? Well damn.. why bother making anything if half of gamers play Fortnite anyway lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ConanTheStoner  Online
@SolidGame_basic said:

But what if it does become a success. What if it gives Assassins Creed a run for its money and inspires Ubisoft to make better games? What if it leads to more samurai games? What if people like those visual ques and developers adopt similar things? What if the combat has interesting twists to it? What if people like that film grainy look lol. Maybe the story will.be incredible. I get it, you don't see any of that lol..

I mean, that's a bunch of "what ifs" that you can apply to anything man. And I'm almost certain it will be a success.

My mistake for bringing up that game in particular, as we're getting way way wayyyy far from the point. Could swap it out for just about any other AAA exclusive. Could just as easily bring up the latest Halo, or Uncharted, or Mario. Or for a more comparable new IP, Days Gone. The quality hardly matters.

but saying the industry would be fine without it? Well damn.. why bother making anything if half of gamers play Fortnite anyway lol.

Absolutely not my point either man.

What I was driving at in my initial post:

> The biggest trade off (as a gamer) to not having exclusives is that some IPs may not come into existence.

> The days of big 1st party titles bringing something truly new to the table gameplay wise are all but extinct.

It's just not like back in the day. The AAA space is incredibly iterative, especially so with 1st party exclusives. Shit I think the last landmark exclusive we had was probably Demons Souls? Not like that game was built out of a need to push PS3s anyways. From would've made a game of that type, with or without exclusivity.

Circling back to Sushi Ghost for the hell of it. I'm not the type to give gamers too much credit on surface level takes. This is afterall, the same group of people who saw Demons Souls for the first time and thought it was a generic rip off of Oblivion lmao.

But people are already seeing comparisons to Assassins Creed, which is as cookie cutter as it gets. Even you mentioned it. A higher quality ass creed isn't equivalent to a paradigm shift in design.

I'm not saying Sushi Ghosts won't leave a mark in some way, of course it could. But nothing substantial. Not something that will have a long lasting ripple effect on game design.

To wrap up. I simply don't see the loss of a few new IPs as a bad trade off for platform agnostic gaming.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15902 Posts

I'm on the let company do as they wish. If they invested in whatever ecosystem they building, they can do whatever they want with that ecosystem.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44099 Posts

Well I’m not really opposed to either/or so let the companies do as they wish I guess. I can see why console manufacturers want exclusive games for their systems, in order to sell them. I can also see why some developers would want to make a game exclusively on one system over others. Outside of simply being paid by the console manufacturer they may not have the resources to port the game over to various other platforms. Perhaps there may be certain platform features that aren’t available on the other systems or certain functionalities that just don’t translate over as well. I think that if we really want platforms to be agnostic then the gaming industry is going to need to be much more standardized then it currently is.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Its a really hard question. Its almost a competitive necessity isnt it? Every system would be the same if they had all the same games. But of course I hate it- I want everyone to be able to play everything on any system. It really sunk Xbox this gen- badly. Its making me go PS5 next gen and Ive been an Xbox honk since 2005.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Anti consumer.

Quite the opposite. Gamers might hate it, but it also breeds more competition. Im in the exclusives are good camp.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@cdragon_88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Anti consumer.

Quite the opposite. Gamers might hate it, but it also breeds more competition. Im in the exclusives are good camp.

Games compete with games whether they are exclusive or not. Its a falsehood to claim that the absence of exclusive equates to the absence of competition.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34565 Posts

I don't know if the trade off would be big or not without exclusives, or hurt me in any way. But of course I'd rather not buy hardware I don't really need. I'm not crazy.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

Timed exclusives are a good thing, as in most cases the deal funds the game development.

First party exclusives are fine.

Third party exclusives are pure bullshit.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

But what if it does become a success. What if it gives Assassins Creed a run for its money and inspires Ubisoft to make better games? What if it leads to more samurai games? What if people like those visual ques and developers adopt similar things? What if the combat has interesting twists to it? What if people like that film grainy look lol. Maybe the story will.be incredible. I get it, you don't see any of that lol..

I mean, that's a bunch of "what ifs" that you can apply to anything man. And I'm almost certain it will be a success.

My mistake for bringing up that game in particular, as we're getting way way wayyyy far from the point. Could swap it out for just about any other AAA exclusive. Could just as easily bring up the latest Halo, or Uncharted, or Mario. Or for a more comparable new IP, Days Gone. The quality hardly matters.

but saying the industry would be fine without it? Well damn.. why bother making anything if half of gamers play Fortnite anyway lol.

Absolutely not my point either man.

What I was driving at in my initial post:

> The biggest trade off (as a gamer) to not having exclusives is that some IPs may not come into existence.

> The days of big 1st party titles bringing something truly new to the table gameplay wise are all but extinct.

It's just not like back in the day. The AAA space is incredibly iterative, especially so with 1st party exclusives. Shit I think the last landmark exclusive we had was probably Demons Souls? Not like that game was built out of a need to push PS3s anyways. From would've made a game of that type, with or without exclusivity.

Circling back to Sushi Ghost for the hell of it. I'm not the type to give gamers too much credit on surface level takes. This is afterall, the same group of people who saw Demons Souls for the first time and thought it was a generic rip off of Oblivion lmao.

But people are already seeing comparisons to Assassins Creed, which is as cookie cutter as it gets. Even you mentioned it. A higher quality ass creed isn't equivalent to a paradigm shift in design.

I'm not saying Sushi Ghosts won't leave a mark in some way, of course it could. But nothing substantial. Not something that will have a long lasting ripple effect on game design.

To wrap up. I simply don't see the loss of a few new IPs as a bad trade off for platform agnostic gaming.

I actually don't play Assassins Creed games lol, but I have read comments about how people have always wanted an AC game in Japan. This game actually reminds me of Breath of the Wild more. Where there is a focus of nature and exploration, but then there's enemy camps. Except this game I think will have a way better story. When I think of AC games, I think of loads of crowds and buildings and just going from point a to point b and some weird plot. All in all - Sony games tend to take some of the best elements in the industry and then come up with their own. But back to your point - if you don't care about a loss of a few new IPs, then how is that different from them existing? Just don't play them 😉

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
@SolidGame_basic said:

if you don't care about a loss of a few new IPs, then how is that different from them existing? Just don't play them 😉

lol

Really not sure if serious.

It's a hypothetical man. And this is missing the forest for the trees.

I think if you go back to my original post, and just switch out Sushi Ghost for any other new IP, you'll get what I'm saying.

Don't concentrate too much on Ghost, it was only an example. One that you seem to be looking forward to, which has kinda put you on the defensive rather than responding to the point I was making.

But no. Choosing not to play an exclusive vs. an industry that does away with them. Two entirely different things man.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Exclusives were great until there were so few of them. Now its just annoying.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

if you don't care about a loss of a few new IPs, then how is that different from them existing? Just don't play them 😉

lol

Really not sure if serious.

It's a hypothetical man. And this is missing the forest for the trees.

I think if you go back to my original post, and just switch out Sushi Ghost for any other new IP, you'll get what I'm saying.

Don't concentrate too much on Ghost, it was only an example. One that you seem to be looking forward to, which has kinda put you on the defensive rather than responding to the point I was making.

But no. Choosing not to play an exclusive vs. an industry that does away with them. Two entirely different things man.

You said the loss of a few new IPs, and now you're saying your argument is hypothetical. So it sounds like you're not really sure what you're saying yourself. You brought up Days Gone as a better example. I guess to you it's just another cookie cutter zombie game. So you're saying if it wasn't exclusive, then maybe it would've been multiplat, or maybe not. And it sounds like to you, you wouldn't care if it existed anyway. I don't know what Days Gone would be like if Sony wasn't in charge. Sony makes games that caters to their audience, the people who bought their console. But it seems like in either scenario you wouldn't have bought the game, a game that you decided on because you thought it was cookie cutter, and either had no interest in that genre to begin with, or are just simply judging the game at face value. Which brings us back full circle to your main argument - which is that you just don't want games to be exclusive to a system. Aren't you the guy that bought an Xbox Series X just to play Ninja Gaiden? lol. Well guess what, Xbox brought it back, because it was part of it's BC program, a program they created to be competitive against Sony. And they remastered it in 4K 60FPS too. What incentive would they have had to do that if it wasn't for their console? Just put it on the PC store so it gets pirated? or so that 5 people buy it?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Ideally, in some Utopian reality, I'd say I prefer having any game available on my system of choice. We're somewhat approaching something close to that with ecosystems instead of platforms so that's kinda cool.