Are cows playing system wars by themselves?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22631 Posts

I'm reading a lot of posts about the Alan Wake release on PC and realizing that the people with brains realize this has zero impact on 360 gaming and is generally a good financial choice for MS to release it on their other platform... generation is coming to an end, the consoles are what they are etc. etc. If you ask someone with mad cows disease its, "haha MS giving da exclusivz ta everyone!!! doooomzday!!!!"

So as I sit back and chuckle, I gotta wonder if it gets tireing playing system wars by yourself?

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Of course they are. They also brag about exclusives they don't even buy, then claim sales don't matter.

But let Sony blatantly troll the industry (U3 3.8 million sold to retailers in one day) and cows ride Sony's nuts like a rodeo show, and try to use fabricated lies as ownage in SW.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
We've been playing SW by ourselves this whole year. Lemms came back for Gears 3 but since it got no attention the left. Sheeps havent been around here in a long time, they came for the 3DS but that died down so the dont come no mo' Its our fault we got stuff to talk about?
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

I dont get the fuss..I mean MS owns PC lol...they are even incorporating xbox and live into PC...sooo...they are pretty much the same thing.??..oh well..

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

So, i've noticed that you are aware that we're in System Wars. That's a good first step.

Next, the meta-game. You should look it up.

White_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 White_Dreams
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
It affects the metagame, deal with it.
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

System wars is pointless i have all relevant systems PS3, PC, PSP and DS

So i can play pretty much all games i want

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

So, i've noticed that you are aware that we're in System Wars. That's a good first step.

Next, the meta-game. You should look it up.

lundy86_4

Precisely. Everyone knows what TC is talking about, though it didn't stop 360 fanboys from trumpeting TW2 coming over from the PC, and so on. So let's not play coy, TC. This is SW, the metagame is one of the larger talking points (and technically how SW annoints generation "winners"), and this affects the metagame. Simple enough...

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

I'm reading a lot of posts about the Alan Wake release on PC and realizing that the people with brains realize this has zero impact on 360 gaming and is generally a good financial choice for MS to release it on their other platform... generation is coming to an end, the consoles are what they are etc. etc. If you ask someone with mad cows disease its, "haha MS giving da exclusivz ta everyone!!! doooomzday!!!!"

So as I sit back and chuckle, I gotta wonder if it gets tireing playing system wars by yourself?

TheEroica

Of course they are. They also brag about exclusives they don't even buy, then claim sales don't matter.

But let Sony blatantly troll the industry (U3 3.8 million sold to retailers in one day) and cows ride Sony's nuts like a rodeo show, and try to use fabricated lies as ownage in SW.

Tikeio

Both of these. PS3 fanboys are the ONLY ones who care about system wars as much as they do. Look at the Youtube community, and all the Sony Drones that fill it up. 360 fanboys are non existant on Youtube because the 360 doesnt need fanboys, or people to "Defend" it because it is the industry standard, and will remain the industry standard for the duration of the generation (which is ending next year). It also doesnt need anyone to advertise their platform for them. That is all fanboyism is. Free advertisement for Sony, and Sony is taking advantage of this.

You see how many PS3 fanboys are on youtube? There is ONE 360 fanboy on youtube (general MLD) and he just made his first video in 5 months a few days ago.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Are you suggesting that there are any intelligent System Wars threads around here somewhere?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

If MS was smart they would have released it on PC at the same time as 360. But they messed it up.

And I don't know why you always turn a blind eye to what lemmings here do. Only reason you could make this thread is because you do ignore lems or just agree with them.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I'm smiling right now. I may have to comeback in full-force now if this sh!t keeps up.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Fanboys being fanboys? Shocking I know
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

TheEroica
:lol: if you knew anything MS isn't releasing it and probably won't get any money from it. Remedy is publishing it on the PC
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

StrongDeadlift

Tikeio

Both of these. PS3 fanboys are the ONLY ones who care about system wars as much as they do. Look at the Youtube community, and all the Sony Drones that fill it up. 360 fanboys are non existant on Youtube because the 360 doesnt need fanboys, or people to "Defend" it because it is the industry standard, and will remain the industry standard for the duration of the generation (which is ending next year). It also doesnt need anyone to advertise their platform for them. That is all fanboyism is. Free advertisement for Sony, and Sony is taking advantage of this.

You see how many PS3 fanboys are on youtube? There is ONE 360 fanboy on youtube (general MLD) and he just made his first video in 5 months a few days ago.

Don't know what the heck you are watching. But when I'm watching MW3 videos or BF3 videos there are tons of Xbox fanboys aswell as PS3 fanboys. It takes 2 to argue...

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongDeadlift

If MS was smart they would have released it on PC at the same time as 360. But they messed it up.

And I don't know why you always turn a blind eye to what lemmings here do. Only reason you could make this thread is because you do ignore lems or just agree with them.

Chutebox

Lemmings dont "do" anything. They just support a system that happens to be the industry standard, and it hasnt been one of the biggest collossal failures in the gaming industry.

Your perception of Lemmings "doing" something, is akin to 99%er seeing a 1%er and feeling persecuted by them for the simple fact that they have money. or the fat chick in highschool seeing the pretty cheerleader and feeling persecuted because the cheerleader happens to be pretty. Your mind percieves their success as "persecution" to yourself.

The PS3 is inferior to the 360 in every possible way (feature wise) with the sole exception of Blu Ray. Inferior interface, inferior controller, inferior online service, inferior programing architecture (so games are harder for devs to make), no cross game chat, etc (among dosens of other things, but you've heard all of them)......Not to mention, 360 has more AAA, AA, and A on metacritic (and no amount of "teh exclooosives" will change that). Every relevant mainstream multiplat that favors the western audiance favors the 360, every western multiplat sells more by default, even its exclusives sell more, etc....

The mainstream has already spoken, and the 360 is the industry standard core platform this gen. period. Now, somebody is going to call me a "360 fanboy" for saying this, but IT IS A FACT. Nothing anyone says or does will change any of it. In my opinion there is no such thing as a "360 fanboy" because the system doesnt NEED fanboys, or cheerleaders, like the PS3 does.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
1. Remedy is self publishing the game 2. SW not FW
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StrongDeadlift

Don't know what the heck you are watching. But when I'm watching MW3 videos or BF3 videos there are tons of Xbox fanboys aswell as PS3 fanboys. Dude, it takes 2 to argue...RickTophen
im not talking about the comment sections, and if anything those are most likely casuals. Im talking about people who actually make videos like MLD, or Elpressador, or SolidRev, or Blackb0nd, BrokenGamez, or The7thLevl, ThaBlackBaron, SamuelTehGeek, Shokio, Blackbustercritic, Zephyrnix, etc...... people in that circle.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

StrongDeadlift

Lemmings dont "do" anything. They just support a system that happens to be the industry standard, and it hasnt been one of the biggest collossal failures in the gaming industry.

Your perception of Lemmings "doing" something, is akin to 99%er seeing a 1%er and feeling persecuted by them for the simple fact that they have money. or the fat chick in highschool seeing the pretty cheerleader and feeling persecuted because the cheerleader happens to be pretty. Your mind percieves their success as "persecution" to yourself.

The PS3 is inferior to the 360 in every possible way (feature wise) with the sole exception of Blu Ray. Inferior interface, inferior controller, inferior online service, inferior programing architecture (so games are harder for devs to make), no cross game chat, etc (among dosens of other things, but you've heard all of them)......Not to mention, 360 has more AAA, AA, and A on metacritic (and no amount of "teh exclooosives" will change that). Every relevant mainstream multiplat that favors the western audiance favors the 360, every western multiplat sells more by default, even its exclusives sell more, etc....

The mainstream has already spoken, and the 360 is the industry standard core platform this gen. period. Now, somebody is going to call me a "360 fanboy" for saying this, but IT IS A FACT. Nothing anyone says or does will change any of it. In my opinion there is no such thing as a "360 fanboy" because the system doesnt NEED fanboys, or cheerleaders, like the PS3 does.

Can you please prove that is actually REAL.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Animal-Mother

He can't , he decided to troll as a lem today.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

StrongDeadlift

If you think I'm going to pay attention to all your trolling, you're talking to the wrong guy. Go to someone else who will nibble the bait.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Animal-Mother

Are you asking me to prove wether or not the 360 controller is better designed than the Dualshock 3?

Or that the PS3's cell processor was more complicated so PS3 development was harder, and almost EVERY multiplat is superior on 360 as a result of this?

Or the fact that PS3 doesnt have cross game chat?

(im just going by what you highlighted)

Where have you been the entire gen? :?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]Lemmings dont "do" anything. They just support a system that happens to be the industry standard, and it hasnt been one of the biggest collossal failures in the gaming industry.

StrongDeadlift

Are you asking me to prove wether or not the 360 controller is better designed than the Dualshock 3?

Or that the PS3's cell processor was more complicated so PS3 development was harder, and almost EVERY multiplat is superior on 360 as a result of this?

Or the fact that PS3 doesnt have cross game chat?

(im just going by what you highlighted)

Where have you been the entire gen? :?

So I see that you can't. Good job but fail. You can't tell to someone whats designed better as far as a controller goes.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

To be fair, weren't there a few trolls who recently took jabs at the PS3 just to stir up the herd?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 santoron

Lemmings dont "do" anything. They just support a system that happens to be the industry standard, and it hasnt been one of the biggest collossal failures in the gaming industry.StrongDeadlift

PS3 sells ~ 60 million in 5 years with more high scoring exclusives = Epic Fail

360 sells ~ 60 million in 6 years with fewer high scoring exclusives = Industry standard!!!

Your reasoning is impeccable.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

If you think I'm going to pay attention to all your trolling, you're talking to the wrong guy. Go to someone else who will nibble the bait.

The only reason you call it "trolling" is because every single thing I said was true, and there is also no logical arguement you could put fourth against it other than making a gigantic list of irrelevant exclusives noone cares about. Does 360 have more AAA, AA, and A titles on metacritic or not? ;) What about every multiplat being inferior on the PS3? or about all of them selling less on PS3? Your use of the word "trolling" is nothing more than you plugging your ears to something that makes your rearend tingle.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]Lemmings dont "do" anything. They just support a system that happens to be the industry standard, and it hasnt been one of the biggest collossal failures in the gaming industry.

StrongDeadlift

The only reason you call it "trolling" is because every single thing I said was true, and there is also no logical arguement you could put fourth against it other than making a gigantic list of irrelevant exclusives noone cares about. Does 360 have more AAA, AA, and A titles on metacritic or not? ;) What about every multiplat being inferior on the PS3? or about all of them selling less on PS3? Your use of the word "trolling" is nothing more than you plugging your ears to something that makes your rearend tingle.

but yet you can't prove it at all.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 santoron

To be fair, weren't there a few trolls who recently took jabs at the PS3 just to stir up the herd?

jun_aka_pekto

Yeah, around here we call that every Tuesday :lol:

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

lol i like how you're pretending cows are worse than lems or sheep

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] So I see that you can't. Good job but fail. You can't tell to someone whats designed better as far as a controller goes.

No, I asked you to tell me what you are talking about, because the things that you highlighted are generally the consensus. Unlike you, I dont put words in peoples mouths. but thats Ok, keep plugging your ears to make all the bad people go away ;)
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StrongDeadlift
but yet you can't prove it at all.Animal-Mother
What exactly are you asking me to prove?
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] So I see that you can't. Good job but fail. You can't tell to someone whats designed better as far as a controller goes.

No, I asked you to tell me what you are talking about, because the things that you highlighted are generally the consensus. Unlike you, I dont put words in peoples mouths. but thats Ok, keep plugging your ears to make all the bad people go away ;)

I asked you to prove a point and now your trying to turn it around :lol: hahahah
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] So I see that you can't. Good job but fail. You can't tell to someone whats designed better as far as a controller goes.

I asked you to prove a point and now your trying to turn it around :lol: hahahah

And this is why I don't bother with him haha
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

You must not have been here during the early days. Man, the backlash on GTA IV going multiplat day one... yeesh, on here it may as well have been a full on exclusive the way the fanboys acted about it. Except it wasn't.

In the end, this is just SW being SW. Lems can still play Alan Wake, but now non lems can too, so its a lost exclusive and everyone dies a little inside when that's used as ownage. But, like I said, its not just a Cow thing, just a recent Cow thing.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] So I see that you can't. Good job but fail. You can't tell to someone whats designed better as far as a controller goes.

No, you highlighted a very vague paragraph, and said "prove it". I abliged, and told you to point out specifically what you want me to "prove", 3 times now, and you have yet to do so. :)
vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vtoshkatur
Member since 2011 • 1962 Posts

I know I've only been here about a week but... I LOVE SYSTEM WARS!!! Everyone is so biased it's fun to watch. While I do prefer PC gaming and am somewhat of a fanboy all of this is just funny to me because I enjoy games both on PC and Console. In other words I just enjoy games.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] No, I asked you to tell me what you are talking about, because the things that you highlighted are generally the consensus. Unlike you, I dont put words in peoples mouths. but thats Ok, keep plugging your ears to make all the bad people go away ;)

No, you highlighted a very vague paragraph, and said "prove it". I abliged, and told you to point out specifically what you want me to "prove", 3 times now, and you have yet to do so. :)

Ok whatever you say have fun not proving any points. What a failure of a post.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] No, I asked you to tell me what you are talking about, because the things that you highlighted are generally the consensus. Unlike you, I dont put words in peoples mouths. but thats Ok, keep plugging your ears to make all the bad people go away ;)

And this is why I don't bother with him haha

ive asked you 3 times to tell me what you wanted me to prove, and you have yet to do so. Still waiting. :) But its ok, you'll just come up with some whitty remark, instead of actually teling me.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] I asked you to prove a point and now your trying to turn it around :lol: hahahah

Ok whatever you say have fun not proving any points. What a failure of a post.

Still waiting. :) This is 5 times Ive asked you what you wanted me to point out.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator

Chutebox
I dont agree with any fanboy raging... all those terrible abasondo threads from the past few weeks are not really my thing. Being an owner of all three consoles i like to think of myself as standing up against insanity when i come here... reading a thousand repeat threads about a non issue like alan wake going to xboxs sister platform and how it makes the console pointless to own is insanity... when someone says there is no point in owning a ps3 ill stand up for them too...
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

jun_aka_pekto

Wasn't it the same troll? :P

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

Most of them probably abandoned ship awhile ago..

i mean where is bretter2200 and all those gears 3 threads? he got outnumbered basically.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

sony drones seem to have this strange symptom of thinking that saying something over and over again will make it come true. :shock:

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

TheEroica
I dont agree with any fanboy raging... all those terrible abasondo threads from the past few weeks are not really my thing. Being an owner of all three consoles i like to think of myself as standing up against insanity when i come here... reading a thousand repeat threads about a non issue like alan wake going to xboxs sister platform and how it makes the console pointless to own is insanity... when someone says there is no point in owning a ps3 ill stand up for them too...

This. But those abonsabo threads werent "rage threads", they were troll threads and spamming. (very terrible troll threads at that). Im pretty sure everyone (even cows) dont truely care about things like Alan Wake, but there are seriously alot of people in denial on here. The 360 is the industry standard core platform and this will remain to be the truth until the Wii U/PS4/720 come out, and we take it from there. People tend to be the most vocal about the thing that is doing the WORST. Which is why PS3 fans greatly outnumber 360 fans on the internet.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StrongDeadlift

sony drones seem to have this strange symptom of thinking that saying something over and over again will make it come truth. :shock:

KarateeeChop

SOOOOOOO MUCH THIS.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

sony drones seem to have this strange symptom of thinking that saying something over and over again will make it come truth. :shock:

StrongDeadlift

SOOOOOOO MUCH THIS.

I also heavily agree.... this thread has become therapy because i used to think i was the only one who thought these things...
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#47 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

generally a good financial choice for MS to release it on their other platform

TheEroica

MS isn´t gonna profit from the release of AW on the PC,it´s being self published by Remedy.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

sony drones seem to have this strange symptom of thinking that saying something over and over again will make it come true. :shock:

KarateeeChop
and it works, we wish for more new exclusives and they just dont seem to stop coming
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Nengo_Flow
and it works, we wish for more new exclusives and they just dont seem to stop coming

Jesus... :roll: any of them goty material?
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]Lemmings dont "do" anything. They just support a system that happens to be the industry standard, and it hasnt been one of the biggest collossal failures in the gaming industry.santoron

PS3 sells ~ 60 million in 5 years with more high scoring exclusives = Epic Fail

360 sells ~ 60 million in 6 years with fewer high scoring exclusives = Industry standard!!!

Your reasoning is impeccable.

???

The PS3 is still about 3 million behind in worldwide sales and has yet to reach 60 million, so I don't know where you got those numbers from.

And what do review scores have to do with anything? :lol:

Seeing how much the 360 sold with only support in the Americas and EMAA is surprising to say the least.

The PS3 has support worldwide and major support in Japan, where the 360 is a flop. You'd think the PS3 would be in the lead, especially if you think about the 50 million Americans that supported Sony last gen.

So it's a little strange that only a little over 20 million PS3's have been purchased in the Americas after 5 years. But stranger things have happened, like the Wii's success.